Let me cure all illnesses, get rid of all human worries...

>Let me cure all illnesses, get rid of all human worries, gift us immortality and advance the technology by thousands of years

He literally did nothing wrong. Literally the good guy

but once you advance humanity with the singularity, it isn't really humanity anymore, it's nanopeople

I'm surprised that Matt Damon wasn't in this poster, almost got me

I rather be a nanoperson rather than a disgusting human

You wouldn't be a person at all, you'd be the computers genetic image with no free will.

creating those human ciberzombies was fucked up,and for that he was destroyed.

How come this movie flopped? It wasn't 10/10 or anything but leagues better than most sci fi in the past 5 years

Because Johnny Depp was playing a scientist who was emotionally distanced from humanity instead of the usual Tim Burton style madman.

This. If he had just saved the guy and amped him up a bit it, it would've been fine. The second you start hijacking people is where the line is crossed.

I enjoyed this movie. W/E to the stupid wife "muh emotions" shit

>Believing in free will

The second someone takes control of your body is the day you lose free will. Also you forgot to tip your fedora.

reminder
>this film was a prequel to Interstellar
>this film is better than Interstellar

> hijacking people

Literally resurrected a dead man.
Nobody was forced to get enhanced

Arguing about free will is pointless, since if free will doesn't exist there is no possible way for the argument to change.
The entirely of human society is based on the belief that free will exists.

If I recall there were a few scenes where he talked through his enhanced people, making them surrogates of his will. If that's not hijacking I don't know what is.

I'd rather be hijacked than dead.

We're already Ships of Theseus. Getting uploaded or moving to a new metal body is the same natural process but faster and with different materials

I'm not arguing that saving the guy was wrong. He did him a great service, but once you force yourself into another person's body without their consent... We have a word for this sexual innuendo. Maybe the dude was cool with it, maybe he wasn't. The bystander can only judge based on what we see.

I rather trust the superintelligent meta human that i smarter than every human ever combined to know whats best for humanity than some scared military assholes. He seemed to genuinely care for the wellbeing of humans

That movie had great potential.

However, it was totally fucked over by "muh story needs conflict!!!" I could watch a ten movie series about this type of thing where humanity goes far and above all things developing tech that is amazing. I don't need a drop of retarded conflict.

Basically, slice of life genre version of transcendence.

They were not hijacked. They allowed everything to happen. Hijacking is taking them over without their direct consent.

Then everybody commits mass suicide because life is boring

Jews won't allow that. Video entertainment is meant to placate the populace. To allow pent up frustration over Jewish control to be released in a non-harmful way towards Jews. Movies that are completely positive, allow the characters to fully reach goals without much trouble, and inspire people to be better people, are completely shot down and normally not allowed to be made within Jewish control.

attempting to deny humanity access to jesus and eternal salvation by keeping their physical shells alive forever. you are literally manually watching a movie about the antichrist.

All Jew movies are direct messages from the antichrist. Stop watching movies and tv shows.

Christkeks please go