youtube.com/watch?v=dyjYveL14Lg
youtube.com/watch?v=ydAIdVKv84g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

based ping pong

For me, it's table tennis.

Based on what data?

>the whole country is green
bullshit

I actually kinda expected boreball to take a couple more states.

>Gaelic
wat

It's just like football but you can use your hands too

>Nicaragua and Panamá in Yellow
>Costa Rica in green

>needing data in a post facts world

Just googled it, seems ok

>country
>differentiates favourite sports between states in the USA

What are you doing?

Which of these sports weren't invented by the British?

Archery

>individual US states like nevada (population less than 3m) get differentiated
>the entire country of china (population >1 billion) is "table tennis"

No Information

FFS Ireland

A fighting technique is not a sport.

South Siberia and Ural - ice hockey
North Siberia - biathlon
North Caucasus - wrestling

I think one of you scandi nations invented skiing

Wish football were more popular in Japan.

so that rules out wrestling too

It is hugely popular, especially with younger people. It won't be long until it's the #1 sport there.

youtube.com/watch?v=0EsKM1qYgr4

La Liga Nicaragüense de Beisbol is based af
>get ticket and shitfaced beyond repair for $5-10
God bless remote working

I love how nearly all the Anglosphere countries aren't green.

Surely hockey is the most popular sport in some regions?

Just the gayest one.

>Meanwhile on the us
>fight and win

Basketball and Netball are the two ball games not invented by us. Everything else has it's roots in UK as a sport.

>biathlon
Gross. FAGS!

this

let's add kickboxing (Asia) and skiing (idk inuits or Scandinavia?)

also archery Asia?

Basketball
Football
Hockey
Netball
Kickboxing
Gaelic Football
Wrestling
Skiing probably

I wouldn't say Kick Boxing, Wrestling, Archery or Skiing come from any country, they are all just natural things that have been done since caveman times all over the world.

its basketball or football here
shit map

>country
>USA gets special attention by separating it by state

agreed, but data/proof from the earliest tend to be asian

You live in America's world that's how it works boyo

>basketball
invented by a scotsman
>football
modifed rugby
>hokkei
bong invented

Is hockey that popular in Alaska? I can't name an Alaskan NHL player off the top of my head

God, I love Japan

Oh right

>muh empire.

So if they get credit for those shouldn't Denmark/Germany get credit for all the English inventions?

By that logic, nothing comes from any country since people have been kicking round objects with feet, hands or bats since forever.

>oi mates bollocks to fixing your third world shitholes, ere's a right lovely waste of resources for you then

Great job making the biggest public works projects in 90% of the world soccer stadiums, bongs.

It's clearly made by burgers, it always is.

They have the second highest players per capita of any state in the US outside of Minnesota, but since no one lives there that doesn't say much.

Brandon Dubinsky is the only one I can think of and if I wasn't a blue jackets fan I wouldn't know that

If that infographic isn't just someone's hot and spicy opinions, it was probably created based on TV and radio broadcast ratings. Alaska's small population coupled with the Applebee's in Juneau thinking "hurr alaska = hockey" means that that data is probably just reflecting that corporations who make decisions on what TVs in their locations will have on them think Alaskans like hockey.

Well codifying the sport is the most important aspect, it's the difference between Association Football and some barbarians kicking somebodies head around for a laugh. Things like Boxing, Archery, Wrestling were already a common activity without any form of code.

Is basketball really #1 in California? Considering that half the state is Mexican, surely soccer is the top sport there? Or maybe baseball?

>and some barbarians kicking somebodies head around for a laugh
I knew some guys who actually did that with some Brits in Iraq, some militants head got blown up and they just kicked it around like a soccer ball.

The English just got simple, everyday language from the Germanic tribes. Their government was a militaristic Roman plutarchy mixed with Christian fanaticism just like every other European ethnoclade.

The power of manga/anime is terrifying in Japan, before pic related Japan didn't even have it's own football league, it actually led to the creation of JLeague and pretty much kickstarted football in the country.
Also just noticed the Guevara flag in that video. A couple Japanese people once told me he's somewhat popular there because while he was meant to go to some other place he escaped and visited Hiroshima to see the victims of the bomb, Metal Gear sucks him off too I remember burgers in Sup Forums being upset about it.

Not only are you ignoring the mass emigration of Germanic tribes to Britain from around the North Sea coast, but you're jumbling up the time frame for the development of British civilization.

I could also make the same argument that all these sports were invented by the French as well due to the Norman invasion.

The English didn't "get" it from the Germanic tribes. They spoke the language in general. It wasn't until the Norman's came in and established themselves as the upper class that Romance derived words became seen as the sophisticated language and the Germanic ones the simple pleb language.

Tbf, at the time basketball and hockey were invented Canada was still part of the British Empire, right? You guys weren't independent until the Westminster Act or Bill or whatever the fuck Brits call their laws in the 1930s

Bong and burgers retcon the Roman legions as some inherently noble peacekeeping force that brought proto-democracy to uncivilized barbarians. The skull-kicking apocryphal origins of toesphere were actually lurid rumors from firsthand accounts of how those horrible legionnaires who rolled into town because we weren't paying taxes and slaughtered all the uncooperative men spend their free time.

The discipline of the Roman military was impressive, especially compared to the inbred barbarians who were throwing rocks at them, but it was a means to an end of brutal military domination, not an indication of latent enlightenment in all matters.

So Cal here. Baseball has more of a cultural presence here. NorCal are crazy about the Giants, as well. They drew 41K per game despite being the worst team in the league.

Basketball is more of a bandwagoner sport.

>Cricket

FUCK OFF

There would be more Hispanic immigrant in SoCal. Basketball isn't necessarily a "bandwagon" sport, it's just that endless stats and analysis don't really add much to the thrill of watching games because of the pace, so no one gives a shit about it until basketball season.

Yes, but that doesn't make Canadians 'British' anymore than the American Revolutionary war was fought by the British against the British

I bet they didn't have an offside rule though?

But that's exactly what it was, they were overwhelmingly men of British (specifically mostly English) descent fighting for their rights as Englishmen and toasting to King George's good health until halfway through the war. Washington, Jefferson, Hamilton, Madison, Monroe, Franklin....none of those names would be out of place in the UK.

>popular sports by country
>country is divided into states

lol

The Declaration of Independence was an ultimatum, America wasn't actually a thing until we demonstrated we could make good on our threat to defend our belief in our right to sovereignty. America was liberated by the Declaration, but it didn't really become a sovereign nation until Britain decided pushing the matter wasn't worth it, so it was the British fighting the British.

tl;dr Canadians are redneck bongs, get over it. You guys will have to be even more obnoxious like us if you want to be culturally disowned.

At least you're tasteful rednecks, like North Carolina. Australia is banjo background music ass fucking redneck.

you can hate it all you want but it IS our national sport

>norn iron
>football

not sure about that Hugo

Alright I'll start my application for a British passport since I'm already a citizen then

The US is a nation of unified states, its in the name, Portugal. Keep up.

>turkey
>not oil wrestling

other countries that are rich enough to enjoy multiple sports are free to modify their country's regions accordingly, joao.

It's a million times easier to become a citizen between the UK and Canada than it is with the USA to be fair.

Actually, my point was that trained legionnaires who earn their wine and wench ducats running barbarians through in the name of Rome with their BFFs Titus and Cornelius would be more likely to develop a game with rules and teams for amusement instead of just toeing a skull and giggling to themselves like barbabbies.

I'll ask the Catholic Argentinian clerk who hiked across half the Hispanosphere to make it to America to light a candle for you and your horrible hardship of inconvenient paperwork next time I'm buying stuff at the bodega to make tacos.

>At least you're tasteful rednecks, like North Carolina. Australia is banjo background music ass fucking redneck.

Those are the best kind of rednecks though

youtube.com/watch?v=dyjYveL14Lg

>that key
>two shades of yellow

yeah but if you're going to full autism and split the states in the US you would do better to do the same in Australia

Vic, SA, WA, Tas = Australian rules football
NSW, Qld = Rugby league
NT = ??

Seriously question Amerifats, why didn't you fucks just wipe out the British after WW2? They're all gathered in that dire shithole Island and a few nukes would help solve the anglo problem once and for all.

Asking as a Canadian in Las Vegas here.

The US has been on good terms with the UK since the 1880s. A big part of the reason for America intervening on Britain's side in World War I was Anglophilia among America's elite and positive sentiment among most Americans towards Britain. The same thing happened in World War II. Real life isn't a game of RISK, you don't just try to wipe out everyone around you. The British have been our friends, or at least the closest to friends you can have in geopolitics, for more than 100 years now.

*Also this is the same reason we didn't just annex Canada in 1918. Assuming you actually are Canadian and not just an American who's shitposting for fun. If America just wiped out every country we could at the first opportunity, literally nobody but us would be alive.

Murdering your gay foppish uncle because he couldn't keep your pasty autistic cousin who always smells like preserved pork from getting super into industrial remixes of folk emo oompah is just psychotic, man.

>we didn't just annex Canada

>Muh special relationship

stop being anglophiles FFS.

>If America just wiped out every country we could at the first opportunity, literally nobody but us would be alive.

This, America is The Absolute Madmen Actually Did It: The Country. The wealthy elite's reigns in America are very ineffectual compared to Europe and rely on complex manipulation that can massively backfire for any effect at all, there's less of a filter to block out the effects of mass hysterical psychosis if and when it bubbles up. America is actually capable of spitefully lashing out with its military like a grumpy tween for no actual purpose than just to hurt someone that made us cry, which is what makes the Nork situation so unnerving.

>stop being anglophiles
>national anthem is just a remix of an English drinking song

youtube.com/watch?v=ydAIdVKv84g

I said 1918, not 1812. The balance of power between America and Britain shifted wildly in that time. Also for what it's worth, the men who took Washington and burned the White House were Brits who had never even been to Canada.

>stop being anglophiles
I'm not being an anglophile, I'm recognizing reality. Anglophilia has always been really powerful in the US, even in the immediate post-revolution era the Federalist Party was characterized by its pro-British stance. Then you look at famous Anglophiles like Presidents Wilson and FDR. American leaders tend to be pro-England.

I was referring to the fact that we had nuclear weapons and an effective delivery method for them long before anybody else did (I know the Soviets developed nukes in 1948-49 but they weren't capable of hitting the US effectively until the early 50s). Not some kind of deep statement about Americans, just a simple recognition that we had these doomsday bombs and the ability to deliver them anywhere for quite a while and didn't do it.

@79172770

Dont @ me you fucking bucktoothed homo. Fuck, I should start attacking all British tourists in Canada for fun.

Every time you discourage baseless and infantile camaraderie in the juggernaut of nations that is the Anglosphere, the terrsts and their Sino-Russo-Saudi puppetmasters do another 9/11.

>Lingua Franca: Dump enough points in it and you don't even NEED a cohesive imperial entity.

I'm not, in fact I literally couldn't care less about anything that happens in that incipient caliphate. Im just saying that historically, many influential Americans were.

Cuz, you can't speak English. Don't injure yourself.

This is 2017. I FLEEK English.

106 years wasnt going to change anything sweetie

>football
but which one

How come Britain is the only Anglosphere country that likes soccer the most?

Their constitution emphasizes the defense and celebration of LGBTQ culture as a national priority.

I've drank too much to tell if this is bait but it changed absolutely everything. The US tripled in land area and quadrupled in population, conveniently discovered absurd amounts of natural resources in the lands it bought/took, and then Britain got wrecked in a world war that we sat out until the very end, only to offer loans to British/France that allowed them to win but also put them in serious debt to us.

Soccer wasn't really codified and exported until the 1890s. The US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand all experienced the other Brit sports (cricket and rugby) long before then. And for whatever reason our countries decided on bat-and-ball or rugby variants. By the time "association football", which the English called "soccer", reached the US, we already had baseball and rugby (later became "american football") and we couldn't have given less of a fuck. Something similar happened in Australia and New Zealand with rugby and cricket.

Cricket more popular than rugby in Australia? Really?

Is Gaelic football really the most popular sport in Ireland? I somehow doubt this.

Bongs aren't athletic enough to make rugby and cricket worth watching, so they have to default to their brown people sport for good athletic spectacle.

Soccer garnered quite a bad reputation in Britain because the people who supported it weren't deemed as patriotic, for instance during WW1 nearly everyone who played Rugby volunteered for service, whereas people who played or watched soccer didn't go until conscription came in. Of course people who played Rugby were much more likely to be highly educated and go to university and become and officer in the army, and even to this day Rugby is the sport of the armed forces.

Really? Ireland is like the cattier, sassier fop of the British Isles, I'd totally believe they love the version of soccer with "gay" and "lick" in the title.