Why did George pick the worst kid at the audition?

Why did George pick the worst kid at the audition?

>Are you an angel?
>No, I'm just Natalie Portman.
>So you are an angel.

pedophilia

this has always confounded me. one of the kids was clearly better than the rest. lloyd had no subtlety and neither did georgio

George has literal autism and was trying to recapture the "gee wiz" style of character he had grown up with, not realizing that people would find it corny today.

Pic related is what we could have gotten if they went with an older actor.

Knowing that he's a schizophrenic makes watching the making-of much funnier.

He has all these weird tics and mannerisms that project mental illness.

kind of sad watching him sign the contract knowing that he just ruined his life

Why did he create Jar Jar? Why did he want to make an Indiana Jones movie in a haunted house? Why did he want to cast Tom fucking Selleck and his mustache instead of Ford?

Because he has no fucking idea what's he doing.

>b-but Star Wars was epic!
Yeah, he got lucky ONCE. He's a one hit wonder. He never did anything decent after A New Hope.

He was a huge Jingle All the Way fan.

Because Anakin is supposed to be autistic.

It's sad how ecstatic this kid must've been, only for his entire life to be ruined. All the way through highschool and college, people gave him a hard time just because of George. That's messed up. Imagine going to highschool and Chad starts yelling "AY YO ANAKIN", then stuffs you into your locker. Or when he shoves your head down the toilet and yells "IT'S WOOORKIIING" whenever he flushes.

because lucas is a pot smoking hack

This happened to me IRL except it was just a photo.

His mom had the tighest asshole.

>you'll never audition with hershlag

i didn't know i had this feel, fuck you OP

Why didn't my fucking parents get me into acting so I could bang a teen Natalie Portman?

Because you're ugly

Good enough for the likes of her

>tfw George didn't make them 8 years earlier
>tfw we could have got John Connor as Anakin Skywalker

If Star Wars is so epic, maybe it should have stayed out of one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy Jedi and his pals from Tatooine as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make the force unforceful, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Lucas vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his toys. The Star Wars series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the OT was good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the trilogy was terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time a character went into an uncertain situation, the director made them say "I have a bad feeling about this."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Lucas's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Star Wars by the same J.J. Abrams. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Star Wars at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch J.J. Abrams." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Star Wars" you are, in fact, trained to watch J.J. Abrams.

Because he wanted to make em as shitty as possible. Seriously, watch the making of and tell me he doesn't know what he's doing

because he got da turbo guy doll

Because Lloyd looks like DiCaprio. George wanted Leo for Anakin, but /our guy/ wanted to make Gangs of New York instead.

Quick and dirty memes get ignored.