Star Wars

LOTR

Star Wars prequels

evil dead trilogy desu

Godfather

Police Academy

godfather

THIS

Why would a third film get financed if the first two were shit?

prequels, the witcher, half life

Ironically, yes it has happened in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

no

the second one is clearly superior in all those

Fuck no, Attack of the Clones was a cringe fest full of horrible dialogue and an awkward romance plot.
Revenge of the Sith was way better.

That's a bit of a stretch m8

Potentially, The Raid

I like the first one the best but most people seem to like 2 better.

Iron Man

Not yet, but it will

Justice League

3>1>>>>>>>>>>>>power gap>>>>>>>>>>>>DC movies>2

Dollars Trilogy

1 is one of the only good MCU movies, 2 was okay, but 3 was fucking shit and made me quit the MCU entirely.

>muh panic attacks

Pusher.

Rush Hour

/thread

Indiana Jones, Fast & Furious (excluding the prequel)

what prequel?

tokyo drift

The Human Condition
Rossellini's War Trilogy

2>1>3

Indy was 3=1>>>trash

that wasnt a prequel, everything pre 7 was the prequel user

Captain America

unmemeingly

The only series with more than 2 films in it are fucking trash, with very little exceptions like LOTR (which is acceptable since it's an adaptation of a big-ass book).
Case in point: capeshit, generic horror shit, star wars, etc.

wrong

Everyone overrates Last Crusades, and underrates Temple of Doom

Its really not that bad of a movie

Temple of doom is weakest of original 3

this might actually be right. Fucking amazing Sup Forums actually did something without fucking up

It goes

1 ->2 ->3

Then the story jumps back before Han dies

4 -> 5-> 6 -> 7

At 7 the story picks back up where 3 was where Han dies in Tokyo and continues from when Dom shows up at the end of 3 Tokyo Drift.

So 8 will continue past both 3 and 7, where 4/5/6 were sort of pre-sequels as they take place after 1 and 2, but before 7.

Get it straight, my family.

wrong

:^)

Hunger Games

Rocky

huh, interesting to consider.

No, that's 3 > 1 > 2

it really was not that bad. Yeah it had the most annoying girl, but it had the best villain and the best score.

Crash Bandicoot

Thank you based Refn

3 is possibly the worst capeshit ever shat

Madagascar?

Toy Story.

Bourne

I was gonna say Halo since I thought this was Sup Forums...

but no, I don't think it does.

1 > 3 > 2

3>1>2

>1 above anything

Muh Franke. 2 and 3 are interchangable however

This

This

Correct

Goldfinger > From Russia with Love > Dr No

newfag get out

yeah the Witcher series has to be the clearest example

HL3 > is no longer possible

I could see some people liking Return more than Fellowship but come on, TTT is clearly the worse of the three.

>HL3 > is no longer possible
Heathen.

It'll come out soon, r-right guys?

They eventually released Duke Nukem (not that it was a good idea) so I still believe HL3 can come out.

The Dark Knight Rises > The Dark Knight > Batman Begins

Both Final Fantasy XV and Duke Nukem eventually came out but Valve went full Jew mode and give no fucks about making games anymore when keys, crates, skins, and shit make them money from free games.

Godfather, the matrix. star wars, lotr, harry potter, captain america, tdk trilogy.

>average drumpf supporter

They have a weird commie system of game development. There's no executives mandating what games to make and when, so HL3 will only happen if a group of valve developers decide its worth making and will have something new and unique to offer.

You're literally just listing trilogies.

Before Midnight > Before Sunset > Before Sunrise

Quran > Bible > Torah

I just can't userstand why they wouldn't. They must have had at least a skeleton for the plot, and as long as they didn't cheap out on it people would have been happy. It just baffles me

Toy Story (3 beats 2 which beats 1)

Army of Darkness (Technically the 3rd film, better then ED 2 and 1)

>Toy Story
this

surprised it took this long for someone to mention toy story

Maybe you should improve your reading skills user.

No. 3rd was worst, second was best.

this inshallah

Fistful is just a rip off of Yojimbo. FFDM had Lee Van Cleef and Clint being bros, a much more complex amd interesting story, better characters, better scenes. In no way is Fistful better than any other in the trilogy, unless you are new to Leone.

They're not a trilogy, you pleb.

Besides, they go 2 > 3 > 1

Goldfinger is the worst one of those. From Russia is the best. So no, you are way off the mark, fucking pleb.

>They're not a trilogy

2>1>>>

someday I'm going to watch these movies

Bourne

2 > 3 > 1

Proletariat Trilogy.
Maybe Three Colours Trilogy.

Midnight was the worst of all 3.
becasue they're old now, yuck

Sunset > Sunrise > Midnight

This