Kodi

Can somebody explain to me the benefit of this over regular 'illegal' streaming/downloading

My normie friends are acting like this is a life changing bit of tech

There isn't any. You'd need a real debrid account to get decent streams. Kodi is a media center app with a 10 foot UI you can control with a remote.
If you are using it for streams you're doing it wrong.

Add ons that provide a database of HD movies and TV to stream.

Once you've set it up it just easier than trying to find good streams online. Good if you don't want to download your movies and TV.

You can also use it for live TV.

People who use the addons for streaming are disgusting because streams suck dick

People who use it only for its HTPC organizing/displaying and playing features are doing it wrong because you could be using plex instead.

Kodi started life as just being a good HTPC software, back when it was still called XBMC its main purpose was to gather metadata of your movies and let you watch them with lots of user settings to toggle with.

People have just transformed it to a streaming piracy application using addons.
Seems like a really dumb idea to me, there's no way that's secure.

>a streaming piracy application using addons.

How can i do that,i cant even watch the nba

Plex isn't very good unless you have a NAS powerful enough to do heavy transcoding.
Plex addons for Kodi eleviate this by forcing direct stream 100% of the time.

Emby is also an alternative which is pretty much the exact same as Plex but gives you more control over when you transcode in its apps.
I'm using Emby right now for this reason, if I didn't cheap out when I bought my NAS I'd still be on Plex.

Yes you can. The phoenix add on lets you watch live TV from a bunch of different countries.

eh I'd still rather download and have a nice comfy best quality collection of my favourite stuff

Plex sucks dick
So do you
So does your dad

It's for people who have friends and family, who want a media center in the living room with a remote for all their pirated content. It's easy to use for tech illiterates too.

As you can see ITT basement-dwelling spergs hate it because they just watch films in their pissbottle den, hunched over their screen and make threads while watching.

you can install addons that scrape streams etc.

speaking of which, i kekd loudly when i heard this was a botnet.

It does that too lol.

>Plex isn't very good unless you have a NAS powerful enough to do heavy transcoding.

Why would you need to do that though seeing as you can direct stream with plex?

DURRHURR WHAT IS COUCHPOTATO AND SICKRAGE

fuck you pleb. Fucking computer illiterate fuck.

It has to suck being so computer illiterate in 2017. It's like living in a world of magic and being a non-magic user.

Fucking retard, actually get a fucking grip and realize how much easier you could make your life.

>sickrage
>grabs torrents the moment they reach the torrent sites so you don't have to find torrents for your shows
>couchpotato does the same for movies

literally have to be a fuckign cuck not to have a setup of plex, openvpn, couchpotato and sickrage these days.

What's it like knowing you'll never get laid?

why are you so angry

>watching new films

wew get a load of this pleb

Jesus fucking autism

Speaking of sick rage.

I live with my girlfriend. Stop projecting, faggot.

Kodi is shit if you want to watch old, foreign, or otherwise obscure movies.

I like the layout and everything is clean and easy to use. For new movies or movie nights with friends I don't mind it.

But for the shit I want to watch by myself, I stick with good ol fashioned private trackers.

Your anime pillow is not a girlfriend

>LEL I CANT BE ASSED TO LEARN COMPUTERS, THAT IS TOO NERDY LOL XD

Fucking retards will never know how it's like to have a high-paying job and superior automated media center.

Fuck you. People 100 years ago would be pissed if they saw how you squandered your potential to be part of the digital age and take advantage of it.

cant not live with your hand am i right.

What is it like knowing that she fucks black guys while you hunch over your keyboard trying to download the latest DVD screener?

You're projecting your fantasies again.

Does wendy's pay their fry cooks a lot?

>trying to download the latest DVD screener

if you paid attention you'd notice that is exactly what he does not do. I actually agree with him now, you're all retarded.

m8, calm down.

We don't have to live how you live.

>I'm a loser
>You have to be too!

>getting the latest capeshit flick autodownloaded

I mean if you're a huge pleb then it might be alright but for anyone who wants to watch some obscure hungarian kino it's worthless my friend

Plex in my experience always wants to transcode and is a dick about refusing to let you play certain codecs without transcoding.
The reason is it uses profiles for each device and basically assumes your device isn't able to natively play most formats.
When you force directplay in Plex it will refuse to play the file if it previously thought the file should be transcoded.

Meanwhile Emby just plays the damn file, no transcoding required.
You can actually disable transcoding on the server level and know it's never being attempted.

As I said I prefer Plex, Emby advertises its premium subscription way too much but I spent hours trying to get Plex to direct play to an android TV I knew for a fact had the hardware and codecs to play my files, Emby was the ultimate solution.
Obviously if you have a good NAS you don't have to even give a shit.

damn

what's wrong in your life m8.

>go on IMDB
>click "download"
instead of
>go through 10+ movie trackers in order to find the ones you want

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

but yeah I do agree couchpotato sucks.

>using IMDB

why not just hook up to monitor, run win7/linux and torrent in torrent client, then watch directly in mpchc or some other player? what's with all the extra garbage.

>being gay

Enjoy you're botnet.

dude. we all post here. we are all retarded.

Retards like you who refuse to learn and stick to "the old ways" just because you're familiar with it thus holding progress back.

>go through 10+ movie trackers in order to find the ones you want
that's not automatic. might as well just go with my private tracker manually.

>not being genderfluid and fucking whatever you want whenever you want

I can't wait for them to crack down on those Fire Stick users and watch all of the normie tear when they can't get free movies anymore.

Sick rage is so fucking good for girlfriends
>she wants to watch some shit show you don't give a shit about
>would ask you to download the new episode every week because god knows she can't figure it out herself
>just add the show on sick rage
>it always downloads automatically
>she just has to turn on the TV and it will pop up if a new episode has been downloaded

>not giving me your number right now and hooking up with me

that was his point, going through 10+ trackers is the alternative to it being done automatically by your computer.

>having a phone

>implying that shit ever happened
Top kek

Sickrage + plex truly is the kino way to get your tv-shows.

>go on vacation
>still have access to your collection
>new episodes get downloaded and added so you don't have to worry about that shit either
>can share it with your family that don't live in the same place as you so that they don't get viruses and shit like that from streaming sites

>Retards like you who refuse to learn and stick to "the old ways"
i don't stick to the old way, i pretty much do what you do on a NUC.

what is wrong with you.

>not using phone to look up how to make smoke signals so you can communicate with neighbouring tribe

comon had'dek, it's 2017!

>has never had his girlfriend nag him to get her the latest episode of some trashy reality show/drama/GoT
I envy you

You want to keep a keyboard infront of your tv?

i would rather pick manually and decide which version i want though, what if i end up with some shitty encode.

Then why do you care.

What's wrong with you. fucking weirdo.

i have a wireless keyboard in the shelf under my table. mainly just use my phone/remote though.

Give bonus points to a tracker that doesn't have shitty transcodes.

Add required words. Add ignored words.

Only excuse for not doing this is your own incompetence.

Sickrage literally lets you do this though.
You can decide the minimum and maximum filesize for an average episode, any specific scene group you want and if you strictly want one resolution.

For example, if I only want my shows from my 1 private tracker at 1080p but not at 5GB an episode I can make that the default for all shows or just a single show.

Or if I want it to check 10 public trackers and only download 480p French rips from the group DICKFAG I can do that too.

Or if I want the latest anime "Vulva Express" but I only trust Cucksubs because Niggersubs doesn't preserve the true original script meaning I can make all anime only download the Cucksubs release.

just wondering why you were so mad.

Anyone got a good guide of how to download this to your firestick?

It's a way to grab attention from people on here.

It always works because people are very confrontational on Sup Forums.

you're the one doing it wrong, you fucking moron. kodi if fucking awesome for both streaming and htpc organizing if you have it setup properly.
plex is for kiddies

can't you use your computer instead of a nas? most computers can handle some transcoding fine.

what well paying job do you have?

>People ITT are genuinely defending joining a botnet just to get a shiny media interface

You tech babbies have no idea

>kodi=exodus

>mfw lambda put the botnet in as an option after getting found out
the madman

It actually started out as XBMP for the original Xbox only, then onto XBMC for Xbox only, XBMC for PC and finally Kodi.

I remember having to get it on xbins and compile it. Xbins is actually still up too, which is incredibly impressive.

>you could be using plex instead.
>proprietary botnetware/shitware in place of a perfectly working and widely supported foss.
how about no.

You can auto download with torrent client though

what the hell is a botnet?

This
Pick up remote select any film/tv show or simply browse via a very organised layout press play. Enjoy. This thread is full of strange folk if what i described is seen as somehow shit.

a made up thing used by shills to stop you from downloading something

in this case thats a netflix shill your replying to

>Shit stream quality
>Unorganised fucking mess
>No TV Guide
>Half the streams/links are dead
>Crashes constantly
>Buffering constantly

Very pleb indeed

>using torrents instead of usenet
top plebe