Cautions Dr. Carole Lieberman...

>Cautions Dr. Carole Lieberman, a psychiatrist in Beverly Hills: "It's a very dangerous and misleading rationale for parents to believe that because their child survived one violent movie, they should be able to survive another one. The point is, they shouldn't take them to any violent movie to begin with (because) each movie adds its own cumulative effect to the overall impact of screen violence which leads to more aggressive and desensitized behavior."

I kind of agree, but why does she use the word "survive"?

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.latimes.com/1993-06-17/entertainment/ca-4193_1_jurassic-park
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they're victims and they've survived a traumatic event.

because getting shot in the theatre is highly likely in america

Doesn't the word imply the possibility of death though? I worry that hyperbole desensitizes us to rhetorical persuasion. Escalation of metaphors when?

what ever happened to people just getting over things?

You're not from the US, are you? "Survivor" is already thrown around for every little thing one can possibly endure in life.

I'd impact her screen violence.

Overcoming obstacles diminishes self-worth in a world where striving despite obstacles (without overcoming them) is the ideal.

>Dr. Carole (((Lieberman))), a psychiatrist in Beverly Hills
kek

I'm doing the opposite of whatever she says

Context of quotation is Jurassic Park (1993)

articles.latimes.com/1993-06-17/entertainment/ca-4193_1_jurassic-park

>Dr. Carole (((Lieberman))), a (((psychiatrist))) in (((Beverly Hills)))

>I worry that hyperbole desensitizes us to rhetorical persuasion. Escalation of metaphors when?
...we're like 4 years deep into the "escalation of metaphors." I can't remember the last time I read an opinion that wasn't exagerrated

People who act like this have lives that aren't driven by necessity. When food, shelter, money, etc. are dependable and predictable, you start looking for other shit to worry about.

(((Dr.))) (((Carole))) (((Lieberman)))(((,))) (((a))) (((psychiatrist) (((in)))(((Beverly Hills)))

>(((Dr.))) (((Carole))) (((Lieberman))), (((a))) (((psychiatrist))) (((in))) (((Beverly Hills)))

>(((Anonymous)))
Why should I trust anything you say?

WE DID IT REDDIT LOL

It's true, i survived being around a bunch of fucking liberals one time.

>Dr. Carole Lieberman
The nose knows

Listen to the (((doctor))) goy

They tend to eat their own children. It's cultural thing and we should accept it. She makes valid points in this article about it.

>NOSE PIERCINGS
>VISIBLE TATS

I'M SUPPOSED TO LISTEN TO WORDS THIS PERSON MAKES?

I don't think you understand how this works user

Blogpost warning

When I was a kid I absolutely loved Jurassic Park. I was crazy about it. So naturally a few years later my aunt showed it to my cousin. Little fucker couldn't sleep for a week

I was born in 93, him in 99

Can't imagine how much worse it is now. I watched shit like Braveheart when I was 5 (not the most violent movie but certainly not pg 5) and I turned out mostly ok

she'd be a qt without them

>I'd impact her screen with violence.
Ftfy