Daily Japanese Thread - DJT #1903

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
djtguide.neocities.org/

Discuss the process of learning Japanese.

Previous thread:
And ffs keep this fucking shit thread going you fucking faggots, I swear to god I'll cut you - edition

Other urls found in this thread:

danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=bloomers
dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/154792/meaning/m0u/
kanji.jitenon.jp/.
kanji.neocities.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have a questions for those of you who are relatively advanced(or are good at mining vocab), I am an international student studying here in japan. Currently preparing to take exams in order to get into a japanese university (studying japanese, math phys chem in osaka uni in order to prepare)
So the thing is the japanese program is really intensive and I can't really keep up with it. I mean my conversational japanese is pretty much fluent level (according to the teachers and japs) since my way of studying was different than normal. I can get around vocab or kanji I don't know when I'm talking on line or hellotalk or whatever, but the thing I'm having a lot of trouble with is, as expected writing and recognizing kanji.
What I wanted to ask (and should've asked before) is how can I mine words effectively?
We're presented new words and kanji pretty much every day in every class, and only japanese has sort of a shitty vocab list.
Is there an anki mining deck tutorial? Like how to set up anki to easily load new words, and also how anki looks and how I can do that from my phone or whatever. This would REALLY help me, if there's a good samaritan over here I'd appreciate me. (I was in these threads when they were around 3 digits so idk what has changed and if I'm allowed to ask this here but whatever)
sorry for the wall of text and poor english, thanks.

>phone
Kill yourself.

Short answer is yes, read the guide.

But how much time do you have to prepare yourself? This is important.

>Kill yourself
I wish.
I need to do so on my phone because I don't have my laptop during class porra.

Also, found the thing on the guide, thanks a lot!

>how much time
Wel exams that decide which uni I'm going start next week and on december. Uni starts in april next year. (I'm in handai now)

This is what a problem set we're using looks like.

I feel like committing suicide just from looking at this pic

you have to learn it all man
after all, if the machines break, they certainly won't wait for them to be repaired, and you were trained to do it all manually
which you all still remember perfectly - roight?

tell me about it, Im on the verge of suicide here. Studying subjects in the language while learning it is not fun. But at least you do actually learn, it's not aas hard as it looks. But for example a physics problem that would normally take 15-20 mins to solve takes longer because you don't know the readings to some words and you have to search it up. (no searching up on exams, if you don't know a word you just skip it or guess its meaning by context lol)

Studying for entrance examination is a fight against loneliness
especially for English speaker

at least you get to fuck qt nip girls that call you oniichan, right.... right?

I WANT 妹! 姉 is OK too!
I Don't need my elder brother!
FUCK! DAMN! SHIT! ASS HOLE!

Yeah, I don't really understand how you can be in Japan without knowing the language and with such a tight schedule on studying, but you should definitely assess your priorities - 4 months is definitely not enough to learn everything comfortable and you'll have to do meta on the tests, trying to "hack" it and get a good grade, not necessarily a good fluency level.

You can do stuff like learn all the joyo kanji in 2 months going at a 30 kanji a day pace, but that alone won't teach you vocabulary. I don't know how much free time you have, but you should make a plan of EVERYTHING you ultimately need to learn and try to focus on the "20/80" approach, looking for what are the easiest bulks of information you can manage to hoard in a timely manner.

Kinda like how Core2k is supposed to cover 60% of the language in 3 months (at a moderate, 20 words a day pace), you should find "cores" of everything you'll need.

In your position, grammar seems to be already brushed up, so I'd just read a list of the grammar points for each JLPT level and give a quick look at anything that feels blurry.

Then it's cramming time, intensive kanji and vocab study. Getting all joyo in 2 months is feasible but won't net you much practical use, but it seems like you need to know how to write as well, so it's not entirely skipable.
You'll have to juggle a lot, good luck.

月曜日に面接があるんだ、助けて
僕は多分スパゲッティを落としてしまう

I got accepted into the MEXT scholarship, 80 accepted worldwide every year.
I will start doing that, sounds like a really good idea. But the thing is my schedule is tight as hell until I finish my exams in december, so I guess doing a slow pace until december, and start studying like a negao in january until april should give me a decent level.
Thanks a lot for the advice my friend, by the way I am from your neighbour country, the small one.
It's gonna be hard to juggle learning math phys and chem, with learning jap but there's no other way out I guess. OBG!

I'm about to die from laughter when I see Westerners struggle with our language which has the most difficult system in the world. You're on the wrong side of the world, enjoy your life until you kick the bucket.

english teacher pls

おまえらの税金で生活生きるねんけどw、これからもちゃんと払ってください!
5年間、文部科学省の奨学金もらうで~

それよりも日本人の下手くそ英語の方が面白い。

嘘嘘
けどなんでそう思うなん?
日本に来た理由はね、奨学金もらえるからやし、自分の国で毎日殺される可能性があるし、日本の教育のレベルの方が自分の国より100倍ぐらいたかいからやで。

Oohh, so you have up until April to pass the language test? If that's the case, it shouldn't be THAT hectic, although long-term exposure is really ideal and you should do at least a bit of studying every day.

Ganbatê, Suriname-chan!

No, tests are in september(next week) and in december. Math, Physics, Chemistry, Japanese, Japanese culture. All in japanese, once I pass all of them and I hopefully go to one of the unis I want to go. I start classes in april so I need a good level for those classes I guess, or I'm doomed to a shitty gpa.

Thanks burajiru chan!

No language is inherently more difficult than others. It all depends on the language the student already knows.

Except the writing system, that's just intentional "how can we make this as needlessly complex as possible?" bullshit.

ありがとうブラジルくん
そうするつもりだが、自閉症は大変ですね

今日の新しい単語の一覧はどうぞ:

今しがた
屋台
親父
止め
扱き使う
紛う
最後尾
素性
折り合い
遣り兼ねない
脳味噌
後ろめたい
精進
霊感

阿彌陀

惣菜
可憐
憐憫
敦煌
煌めく

核六千には後八百言葉は残している。終了は迫っているよ!

頑張ってね!後は?果てしない道を歩いたいなら、あんな目盛りがずっと必要でしょう。

でね、今ラブラブだから、ハジメちゃんの相手はあんまりできなくなっちゃうんだけど、我慢できるよね?

I can't understand this sentence for the life of me. I think the context is that the girl is saying how she had a boyfriend and I think is cheating on him.

Hey, I've fallen in love, so I kinda can't be with Hajime-chan, but you can hold on, right?

I think. Not enough context for subjects.

That actually clears things up a lot, thank you.

この下衣は何というの?

ダメだべよよそ様の猫
What does it mean?
Context: reaction to cat name

I think よそ様 is 他所様. Somewhere else's cat, someone else's cat, another family's cat.
Translation might be "We can't, not [if it's] someone else's cat" depending on context.

she's saying something like this I think
そんな名前を他所様の猫につけては駄目でしょうよ

>ダメだべよ、よそ様の猫に
literal translation: That's surely no good, to another household's cat
free translation: You can't just name someone else's cat that

Can someone tell me what these comments say. They were talking about my translated comment:

76. 万国あのにますさん 2017年09月05日 20:45 ID:KCwFLmgI0
>スレ主が海外の万国反応記の廻し者じゃないことを願う

コメントしたすぺいん国旗は何者⁉
中の人は日本人っぽい。
77. 万国あのにますさん 2017年09月05日 20:57 ID:6Vqkk9m00
※76
チォン猿だろ。

日本人が国籍偽装なんかする必要が無い。
それもよりによって西側の落第国家スペインなんかにするメリットはゼロ

They are calling you a チョン猿 and saying spain is a shit country

danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=bloomers

But I didn't insult them. It's not fair.

They'are believing you were proxy fag who was actually a gook. such readers are triggered and baited so easily

お姉さんが魅力的なのは分かるけど若いからってお盛んすぎるのも考えものだね

Asking for more help because I don't understand this language at all. Context is that she just turned down the guy asking her on a date. Is the て used for quoting here?

They sure are obsessed with Korea.

Could it be that the all-nationz user mistranslate my comments (and every comment) in his page?

Where was this anyways? Some shitty blog that translates Sup Forums threads?

Here. My comments have the Spanish flag.

it works as although/even if, or like euphemistic negative expression after something is admitted once. for example, Yes it's true but...

in this case, that sounds like grated that you are young, it's not an excuse for rushing into a relationship

granted that*

I don't see those comments anywhere on there

Wrong thread. This is the one.

Are じゃあ and じゅあ different words, I never noticed what I thought was JaA was spelt JuA.

I'm retarded.

Those people are even worse with Koreans than Sup Forums is with jews

>じゅあ
I don't know what this is, tomod8.

well, it's high probable that Koreans/Chinese actually are doing shit everywhere when looking at their countries. in particular, Koreans in Japan are committing hate crime meanwhile Japs don't do to them. it can't be helped.

考えもの・・・a problem
お盛ん・・・passionate
若いからって・・・若いからといって
dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/154792/meaning/m0u/
No2

Don't bully South Koreans they may get nuked by Fat Kim.

さらし

The pluralizer, -tachi, can that only be used on pronouns, or can it be used for any noun relating to people, like:
>hitotachi = people
>senseitachi = teachers

Yes, and it can also be used for animals sometimes.

>「ミカワヤでーす! 奥さん、開けてくださーい!」
>お約束のネタを盛り込みつつ呼び出す。
I don't really understand お約束のネタ here, any help?

from weblio
>「盛ん」に丁寧の「お」が付いたもので、多くの場合は性欲が旺盛であるさまを揶揄していう表現

I think you might be paranoid user, maybe it was just a weird font or something? I've certainly never seen "じゅあ."

it was from a genki 1 grammar sentence deck for anki.

it's been full of errors. after chapter 3 i started going through each sentence and fixing the errors before suspending them. i think that sentence was from before i started checking if things were misspelled...

a slang means topics/products as expected

Sounds like you'd be better off just deleting the deck, but that's just me.

I've been studying kanji in Anki by using kanji.jitenon.jp/. It's a really great website for kanji, with an impressive coverage and the individual pages for each kanji are really top notch. One problem I did have though was the way it divides up the categories and how it isn't possible to have a single page with a full list of kanji from their different categories, instead divided up into years and grades, etc.

In response I put together a little interface which shows all of the kanji I'm after in a given category, all at once, which has since saved a chunk of time for my study purposes. As it is useful for myself I thought it may be useful for others.

kanji.neocities.org/

I am adding entry for the 音訓 page, since I want the option to view all the kanji on a single page instead of 40+ pages.

from 大辞泉, お約束can mean something similar to a cliche/trope especially with movies. Can it mean something like a "common/cliched joke" here?

>Can it mean something like a "common/cliched joke" here?
I've heard it used in that context at least once, if anecdotes means anything to you. As a response, simple to 引くわ。

>simple to
similar to*

yes
that word is used as いつものパターン.
that is a silent understanding, but it often also selfish satisfaction.

おつかれ!
You're studying through number of strokes? That's not too much more optimal than studying by grade.

>kanji.neocities.org wasn't taken already
Woah.

I'm in Calc 2 and Calc-Based Physics and I think it'd be a good thing if I were to do one or two practice problems of each thing we cover in Japanese, so that I can pick up vocab for Japanese arithmetic along the way. What would be a good website to find problems like this, for various math and physics course types?

>You're studying through number of strokes?
No, I just wanted the option of being able to see the full set of kanji for each category the site has.

I'm actually studying kanji based on vocab, kind of. From kanji to onyomi and I mostly recall onyomi from words I know.

It's more of an isolated familiarity test than learning about the character in depth, but it is starting to help with vocab and being more aware of the kanji involved in compounds. Reviews don't take up a lot of time but it's more of an auxiliary deck. My main use for Anki is vocab revision, a lot of it coming from things which are read.

>kanji.neocities.org wasn't taken already
Had the same reaction.