How does Sup Forums feel about the resolution of Twin Peaks after 25 years...

How does Sup Forums feel about the resolution of Twin Peaks after 25 years? Season 3 is post-production and going to air soon. Also who else besides David Lynch would bother making another season for a 25-years-dead show?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x7o2ca_twin-peaks-parody-by-saturday-night_fun
twinpeaks.wikia.com/wiki/Twin_Peaks_in_popular_culture
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i'm already hard

tfw you live near Snoqualmie aka the town that this is supposed to be Twin Peaks

Audrey best twinpeaksfu

>who else besides David Lynch would bother making another season for a 25-years-dead show?
i know!! he is sooooo epic haha

tfw if Dale doesn't escape the Black Lodge

Is it comfy?

Yes it's extremely comfy.

Although filming was also done in North Bend, but it doesn't have the hotel which is right next to the falls.

Most interiors were done in Cali

It's going to be 20 times more "Lynchian" than the original show and all the normies who watched it for "le mystery" and "le coffee memes" will hate it.

>ew normies
The Twin Peaks fanbase, or Lynch's fanbase, is truly cancerous.

Lynch didn't make FWWM so dark because he wanted it to be more his style, he cut out a lot of the lighthearted parts because it was too long.

Twin Peaks was a normie show from the beginning. I've actually seen Twin Peaks fans talk shit about The Big Bang Theory, by saying it's for "normies". The irony is incredible.

How much better is the new bluray cut of FWWM?

The show was even parody on SNL once.

dailymotion.com/video/x7o2ca_twin-peaks-parody-by-saturday-night_fun

lol you're full of shit, seriously

I bet you think The Sopranos isn't normie. Twin Peaks and The Sopranos are both universally critically acclaimed, yet you idiots actually think you're special for watching them.

eh. i would have preferred a Mulholland Drive series, which was actually conceived as a Twin Peaks spin-off very early in its inception. for me, Twin Peaks has aged badly. i tried rewatching it recently and thought it was quite a slog. i did enjoy the Lynch directed episodes and some other sequences, but overall it's a bad viewing experience (in my case). Mulholland Drive on the other hand, still holds up strong. hope the new season of TP is stellar, though, as i love Lynch's work, i just think the series is not his best stuff.

Twin Peaks have been parodied and referenced to on a ton of shows.

twinpeaks.wikia.com/wiki/Twin_Peaks_in_popular_culture

I don't think that many people think that to be honest my relative.

While Twin Peaks does have a large fanbase these days along with all the critical acclaim it has gotten there's a reason it was hung up to dry after Season 2. All the additional little plots like the police station secretary getting pregnant and Hoern being Donna's father felt like dumb soap opera fluff. Viewership started to crash during Season 2 and so Twin Peaks never saw a third season until now.

I know. That doesn't change the fact that it was a normie show though.

Every show is a normie show otherwise it couldn't be aired on TV. Wtf are you talking.

There are plenty of shows that get fuck all viewing figures. Twin Peaks was one of, if not, the most popular shows at the time.

Twin Peaks was always meant to have soap opera elements in it though. But yeah, once the Laura/BOB/Leland arc was over the show became too much of a soap opera.

Twin Peaks was very controversal for its time though. A lot of people didn't know what to make of it and it really was "the talk of the town" at work places and schools becaue of how different and "weird" it was. It also opened the doors for a lot of other shows to be made, most notably X-Files and Lost.

>"see you in 25 years"

They're a year late

Should I rewatch this before it airs? I have no idea what happened it's been so long. Is anyone else going too?

I am kind of sad that Pete got blown up though. Poor guy didn't deserve it.

That's Showtime's fault though.

I actually watched it not that long ago, but feel I've already forgotten quite a few things. If you have the time, then you may as well rewatch it - I would, but I'm too busy with university.

He probably would have lived, if Jack Nance didn't die in real life.

I agree but at the same time the actor is dead so he wouldn't be returning fro season 3 anyway.

Who gives a fucking shit if you like it?
Twin Peaks appeals to a lot of people, shit my mum loved it when it aired.

Yes. It has great rewatchability. Granted I'm a fan so I'm biased but chances are you'll find the show even better the second time.

The 'coffee memes' were but a tiny part of the original. Showtime has really overdone it with the coffee references in their PR.

Yes. I recently rewatched both seasons + Fire Walk With Me + The Missing Pieces. It was even better a second time around then it was 10 years ago when I first watched it.

Season 1 is pretty much gold. Season 2, not so much. It is kind of a slog and for some reason opted to take a very soap opera like direction. Still a cool theme and great characters like Major Briggs but honestly not even really good overall. I'd watch Season 1 and give up on going through Season 2 if you don't like it, but watch the ending anyways. The setting for the last episode is pretty cool.

Did you reply to the wrong post? I don't know what I said to make you think I think differently.

>I'd watch Season 1 and give up on going through Season 2 if you don't like it, but watch the ending anyways

A lot of people on Sup Forums say shit like this. I don't get it. I could never skip a part of a series. I agree that season 2 is a bit bad but it still contains important stuff for the story as a whole. And there might be stuff in there that are important for season 3.

it was one of the most popular shows in the early 90s. it's parodied everywhere and influenced a lot

Eh, personally I don't care enough a lot of the time with a bad season to do that. There's probably a synopsis somewhere for a show I can read if a season isn't really entertaining overall.

I've never seen the show but it has me curious. Should I pick it up? Does it hold up to this day? Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty open to watching old shows but there are some shows that just don't age well at all.

Why is everyone replying to me with this - my entire post was about how it WAS popular.

yes

Season 1 definitely holds up, Season 2 not so much but I've big hyped for Season 3 to see where it goes. It's very original with great characters and good enough actors. Many other shows have clearly drawn from the well that is Twin Peaks, including The X-Files and Stranger Things.

I actually enjoyed Stranger Things a lot and many have told me to pick up Twin Peaks if I loved it. I even enjoyed the game Alan Wake which my buddy told me had a lot of influence from Twin Peaks and Twilight Zone.

How is the show's format? Is it serialized or episodic? I've just came from a marathon of Person of Interest so I'm pretty burned on episodic-style shows (though PoI does turn serialized later on)

Anyway, thanks user

It has aged better than probably any other 90's show imo. It had a timeless and stylistic feel to it from the beginning inspired by 50's clothing. It also has some very decent cinematography. It's really celluloid kino. You have to remember: Lynch is no lightweight. He's a real auteur director and takes those things seriously.

Its normie for people over 30+ as it was part of the zeitgest but honestly its not that popular with 18-28 year olds except for those that go to art school and people that spend lots of time on the internet - young normies have issues with watching anything that olds, a normie friend of mine literally said that only modern films are good

Just start watching and you'll find out if you like it or not. If you like it, make sure to watch Fire Walk With Me and The Missing Pieces after you've watched season 1 and 2. It would be a spoiler to watch it before even though it takes place before season 1.

serialized

well, the events of twin peaks didnt happen over the course of 2 years

so what you're saying is, you're complete reddit normie trash?

get out.