Rotten Tomatoes is biased against DC movies

>Rotten Tomatoes is biased against DC movies

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/warner-bros-s-new-strategy-on-dc-lighten-up-superheroes-1473350000
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is what Snyder et al don't understand. Superhero movies are for kids, so trying to turn Batman vs Superman into some kind of dark, philosophical drama is stupid. Even the original Batman 89, whilst dark and brutal, still had elements of camp and cheese to it.

Know your audience, Zack.

also that picture is old as fuck

This! The fact that Snyder and his dick-licking fanboys try to turn capeshit into high art is laughable in and of itself but the fact that it takes itself so seriously, yet has scenes like "MARTHA!" is what elevates to a style of ironic comedy that hasn't been seen before.

With some minor tweaks, you could present BvS as a parody and nothing would change.

Lego does what Snyder don't!

Critics want capeshit to be comedies for kids instead of trying to be movies, also Lego isnt direct competition for disney movies ;)

For the thousandth fucking time:

Rotten Tomatoes is a review aggregator. It collects pre-existing reviews. It does not write them. It does not edit them.

Is this place now completely full of mentally retarded 17 year olds?

The Lego Batman has nothing to do with the DCEU so of course it will get positive.

Also, it is nothing but quips for kids

I actually think there's a lot of potential in having DC be the dark, serious stepbrother to Marvel's quip-competitions. It's not a problem with the audience, obviously, because the movies make money every single time.

Why is lego stuff so legitimately good?
The lego star wars kids tv show is 100 times more entertaining than any SW movie made in the past couple of decades

Batman is not for kids.

>Gotham
>The Killing Joke
Those were great because they were not PG

DC is a detective thriller concept. Very different from the Avengers

>I actually think there's a lot of potential in having DC be the dark, serious stepbrother to Marvel's quip-competitions
well you need to change your thinking no one wants dark and serious

>I actually think there's a lot of potential in having DC be the dark
It has been done and yes it works way better being dark and serious

Or, and this is a stretch, people find more entertainment in likeable characters than they do scouring each scene for Christian imagery and symbolism like an Sup Forumsutist looking for JoJo references.

They don't have to be comedies, I mean Iron Man 3, Winter Soldier, and Civil War were all serious movies yet general audiences still enjoyed them overall, but the caveat is that the characters have to be likeable so the audience gives a shit about what happens to them.

Without referencing the Doomsday fight, can you honestly tell me one memorable scene or line featuring WW in BvS?

10 years ago maybe but no one wants that now

>I mean Iron Man 3, Winter Soldier, and Civil War were all serious movies

Go back t Sup Forums you dumbass

>Iron Man 3, Winter Soldier, and Civil War were all serious movies

you've never seen a serious movie before in your life, have you?

>Lego Batman is more kino than the whole DC Universe

really gets those neurons firing

Untrue. As long as the movie is engaging enough, people will want to see a more serious superhero movie. Snyder doesn't do tension the way Nolan did with TDK.

Oh, I get it, you're some of those "intellectual" types who believe that film can only be serious if the hero fails at the end.

I gotcha familia.

I guess we'll find out with Logan

No you dumbass,is just clear that you only watch pop corn movies

>A DC Lego cinematic universe
That actually sounds appealing.

>Logan
>loli waifu hero movie
worked for Kick Ass

Are you implying that BvS wasn't a popcorn flick in and of itself?

This is where I pretend to like a kid's movie so I can add fuel to the Sup Forums shitposting fire.

Yes, it was a bad movie. But actually has artistic merit

I totally think you could pull off an art house superhero movie, you just need to have actual talent and a fresh idea, which Snyder and his cronies have neither of. It will never be as successful as the bright, fun action versions, but it would certainly be looked upon more favorably than the shit they've already put out.

>But actually has artistic merit

The shit I just took has more artistic merit than the bulk of BvS, if only because I acknowledge how broken and corny it was when it came out.

As a whole, the detective thriller concept might work. The problem is sneaking in Superman, Aquaman, Wonderwoman, and The Martian in the detective thriller genre. Not everyone is good or great at it.

Much like Superman, you seem to have a weakness, which appears to be fiber.

nah, tomatoemeter and msm critics are heavily biased towards retarded, politically correct, progressive, pleb shit, no matter where it comes from.

Batman: The Animated Series legitimately has episodes begging for an arthouse take. Clayface episodes being the most arthouse.

Except people that made all 3 DCEU fílms successful so far.

Yes. An appeal for Rëddit beta-cucks.

How... WHITTY!

GAHAHAHAHA!!!

Why the fuck didn't WB/DC just make Pixar-style animated movies and have Paul Dini and Bruce Timm in charge of the universe? Their animated series were always 100x better than Marvel's and Marvel is already saturating the market with live-action capeshit.

>all 3 DCEU fílms
>successful

That's some heavy armor on Ben. Not surprised he stopped directing. It looks heavier than Paul Weller's Robocop armor.

Batman can work in any way you want

the other characters don't
and what Warner wanted was to replicate Nolanbats with everyone else

doesn't help that the execution also falls flat

>and what Warner wanted was to replicate Nolanbats with everyone else
No,at all

This
Critics are retarded meme spewing low lifes
They want quips and brainless entertainment
BvS for all it's flaw actually tried to do something good and wasn't dishonest
That's why BvS is an infinitly better movie

>heavy
He's a big guy.

>Geoff Johns
>“Mistakenly in the past I think the studio has said, ‘Oh, DC films are gritty and dark and that’s what makes them different.’"

>There were a few other WB employees who touched on the matter: “While they knew the movies had flaws and expected them to be controversial, Warner executives were taken aback by the overwhelmingly negative responses, people at the studio said. They believed they had created more grounded, character-based stories that, like ‘The Dark Knight,’ would favorably stand out from chief rival Marvel Studios’ consistently successful but fluffier fare such as ‘Avengers’ and ‘Guardians of the Galaxy.'”

wsj.com/articles/warner-bros-s-new-strategy-on-dc-lighten-up-superheroes-1473350000

>BvS for all it's flaw actually tried to do something good
>The sole purpose of the movie were to make money on ticketbait title with the most iconic capeshit heroes of all time
Yeah, right

>this could have been the DCEU Wonder Woman

The thing is. Lego Batman is parody on superhero genre, just like MCU and Deadpool. It's "le funny".

When DCEU kínos are resurrecting genre. They are contain self-irony, bit at the same time take themselves seriously. That's why guys from Raimi's movies as well as from MCU coming to it. Changing it's way into wanky self-parody because critics don't like it might be worst idea ever, since over a history critics proved to be plebs, especially this days cucks.

Kek has spoken

DCEU is doomed

T H I C C

BvS is also a parody

If they really just wanted to make the most money possible then why didn't they copy the formula of the ticketbait cinématic universe : Marvel ?
> uh oh uh oh muh jesus imagery
There I answered for you, I know you won't have anything better
Snyder was an artistic risk, they could have just hired random comedies director number 503.

Except they were meant to lighten-up after Dawn of Justice to begin with.
Man of Steel wasn't dark, it's just wasn't campy and full of quips either.

Nice cherrypicking there. You do know Ben did not wear the suit the whole time, right?

No. It's kíno.

Man of Steel was unironically darker than Nolanbats

> why didn't they copy the formula of the ticketbait cinématic universe : Marvel ?
Because Snyder CAN'T. He is so bad that can't copy even that shit. Also he was said to copy Nolan as you can see from MoS. He failed to copy Nolan, but he'd failed to copy marvel quipfest as well.

>Except they were meant to lighten-up after Dawn of Justice to begin with.
Nice try, fanboy.

Only Nolan could make capeshit movies grimdark and realistic while also being good. And even he knew he had to put quips in there to ease up on the grimdark for the normies and childrun. Why they thought replacing him with Hack Snyder of all people was a good idea I'll never know

Thanks DCpajeets! Be sure to keep supporting the Bunny!

There was stunt-double in mo-cap suit only for test footaging. None of DCEU films using cgi were they could do it practically.

>But actually has artistic merit

Mcuck on suicide watch.

Still counts.

I dont buy this BS Affleck wore it the whole time. I wint be surprised if they shilled that he did to market it further, and tge DCuck fanboys buy that marketing

No doc, Im just here to remind ya that you got to keep defending the DCEU. The future of capekino depends on you!

Just watch any behind scene. You in denial.

>takes behind the scenes as facts

I bet you think Affleck had massive fun on the BvS set.

>batman really wore big bulky armor but iron man was CG!!
>that means DC is better than Marlel!
So pathetic.

Deadpool is NOT for children
XD So MATURE and ADULT

the pretentious jesus shit wasn't the problem with Hack Snyders Batman and Superman. The mere fact that there is more than one reason why BvS was a shit should go to show there are other problems to consider, most notably the pacing and awful setup as to why Batman and Superman have to fight in the first place.

How you fuck up a showdown between two of DC's biggest staples when you have talent a la Batman: TAS, Justice League/Unlimited, and The Dark Knight Returns to work off of and from is beyond me.

They still haven't replicated 2008 Superhero trio. Iron Man, Hellboy 2, and The Dark Knight.

Hellboy 2 kinda sucks though. It's nothing like the comic at all and it's really fucking hokey.

Still beats current superhero films. Waiting for a writer-centric Hollywood since most directors don't want to get involved if they are not given control. An MGM produced Superman epic seems like a great idea with the right writers and directors. How Hollywood forgot to have their new Howard Hawks is surprising.

highschoolers are still kids.

>i'm not a shill I swear

Those cucks don't even hide it anymore

This exactly.

>I mean Iron Man 3, Winter Soldier, and Civil War were all serious movies

Jesus fucking christ

>Thinking any comic book adaptations are good except the very direct ones like The Dark Knight Returns

>Basing the quality of a movie on its behind-the-scenes productions

HUGHES YOU DEGENERATE PLEB REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>a lego movie is part of the DCEU
i know marveldrones are brain dead retarded but Jesus Christ

Fuck Marlel is so soulless, I mean I get these pieces of shit make money but why do they have fanboys? It's like being a fan of Burger King, defending the processed meat in gastronomy forums.

I don't get it, I'd rather believe that they are all shills.

Lack of effort indicates lack of passion.

>They don't have to be comedies, I mean Iron Man 3, Winter Soldier, and Civil War were all serious movies