Is it time for the nfl to step in and do something about this franchise

Is it time for the nfl to step in and do something about this franchise

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_asNhzXq72w
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Bulldogs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They need a total rebrand. The team is literally named after the color of poop...

>A fucking helmet

oh hello there.

Yes

Move the team. That always seems to work

Hey carson, dont worry, I am an Eagles fan :)

i care very little anymore

I'd like to look at the parallel universe of a dead Carson Wentz that was drafted by the Browns. They didn't have an offensive line last year, I don't care how big and strong he is, he'd break like all of the other QBs in Cleveland last year.

>Thinking any QB can thrive in Leaveland
Brady and Rodgers would be busts if they were drafted there.

Put a fucking bulldog on your helmet already!

Should Cleveland just try to get a good oline so any rb or qb looks good? Kinda like the cowboys last year...

>mfw they put a fucking elf on instead

That's really pretty much their only hope at this point. They should have been doing it for the last few years actually. Just use pick after pick on OL monsters until you could pretty much put Johnny Unitas' corpse back there and somehow score 24 points a game.

Think of the early 80's Houston Oilers. Drafted Mike Munchak, Bruce Matthews, and Dean Steinkuhler in 82', 83', and 84' respectively.

Build a fucking wall before you draft all those skill position players guys. It's not rocket surgery.

Needs new ownership. No easy way to solve that problem.

who would win

no, it is time for the NFL and NBA to stop rewarding failure by divorcing the draft from the regular season records.

Make every draft a totally random draw, every year. No reason to tank or stock up draft picks, ever. Reward good scouting and management and front office, instead of crappy teams.

Was this their best chance to win a game this season?

Yes. They've got the Chargers later, but I'm not holding my breath. They might be able to pull one off the Ravens or Bengals? The Bears?

they will beat the puckers

I knew the moment the Browns traded out of that slot that he was going to be gold

This team is so shitty that going 2-14 would be exceeding expectations

In a basketball game?

Why? Every league needs a bitch team

At the beginning of the year, I thought everyone was crazy pinning them above 3/4 wins. Apparently even I am crazy for having that much faith in them.

I'm really happy for Wentz that he didn't go to the browns.

He'd end up like Barry Sanders, all this talent on an awful team that won't trade him, and he just ends up quitting after 10 years of frustration.

Please, Wentz doesn't become good if he's on the Browns, he suffers through his rookie contract with the team and fans hating him, he goes to another team who develops him, but his best years are already behind him as his youth was squandered.

Has any other sports team in any of the major 4 american sports leagues been this consistently terrible for so long? You'd think years after years of getting early draft picks would have fixed something by now but they just look consistently hopeless

The Browns honestly are not THAT bad, they have been competitive in several of the games. Even the shittiest team in the league can hang in there with other teams.

the bills have a longer playoff drought, but they're rarely terribly bad. they're usually just below mediocre. a 7-9 team not a three win team.

I mean yes but the nfl basically guarantees you should be somewhat competitive at least occassionally with it being the richest league in the world that shares about half of its revenue equally, reverse order drafting, and a hard salary cap.

Considering the stage and circumstances I would say the 10 year run of the browns from 2008-now is the worst 10 year stretch any American team has ever went through

The Browns organization thinks that drafting position players will solve their problems, not realizing that you need talent around those position players.

What's up?

Cleveland - relegated
Alabama - promoted

they did, it just came back

Go back to dadland with this stupid shit.

>he goes to another team who develops him
Nope
That happens with other teams that fuck up a player, but with the Browns they are broken forever

I believe that's what made people sort of have faith in them this year - aside from the Kizer meme they went all in on the positions that are super important but nobody cares about
But that'll take a few years to pan out, and only if they don't immediately go back to the draft a new QB every year plan.
But considering they've basically got a QB committee at this point because of how bad Kizer is, I imagine they'll reach on someone again. I imagine they'll go for this year's Trubisky, the guy the media manufactures because there's no QB worth mentioning in the draft

You could make this thread after every game for the last 15 years and it would apply 99% of the time

I'll make a thread for whoever loses to the Browns

they just need to cash in on their draft picks

youtu.be/_asNhzXq72w

Cowboys did this too, spending big picks on Martin, Frederick, and Martin before drafting Dak and Zeke. The Browns are so terrible at evaluating talent that I doubt they could do something like this though.

The fact that several "shitty" Browns QBs have gone to other teams and have done modestly fine is proof enough. They need to go all-in and commit to developing the support players they draft. Look at what Dak was able to do in Dallas with that O-line and Zeke backing him up. That could be the Browns.

>its just johnny manziel being the predictable bust that he is, its not the browns
>browns draft another QB and he is found bar hopping at 1 in the morning
>its not the browns guys trust us

You have merit with the NBA but with the NFL it doesn't really matter because one person isn't going to change the fortunes of a team over night when the roster size is 53. As others have pointed out, if Wentz had gone to the Browns, he would have been a bust because of their terrible coaching and front office.

Fuck off, Sanders had ample opportunity to not renew his contract and enter FA and he chose not to. No one in the NFL is forced to stay with a shitty franchise anymore after they do their four years

>browns will be different now that they have an entirely new staff
>literally the exact same incompetency happens despite this fact
the browns are an enigma, they might actually be a cursed franchise

eddie jackson told deion after his big game yesterday that bama would do well for themselves and pull out the w against the browns. he's not even memeing either, that bama team has a revolving door of studs that go on to play on sundays and inevitably it would come down to coaching and saban>>>hue hue jackson

Dare I say

>0-16

>this same universe they ruined the careers of Derek Carr and Russell Wilson.

Sell the team to new owners. Move it to OKC, St. Louis or Toronto. Rebrand.

>hahaha they are bad and they’re team is named after doodoo
I fucking hate all of you

As a Lions fan, I wish that misery on no one even if it would be nice to not be the only team to have done so

>Cleveland gets the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to name and brand a new NFL franchise
>they unironically re-name them the Browns

They deserve every ounce of pain they receive

>once in a lifetime chance to rebrand
Are you actually retarded? They were going to stay the browns because they never actually left, in reality they just suspended operations, and the players moved to Baltimore
You really need to fuck off

Cleveland litterally had a champion team in the 30s called the Bulldogs. Which is a fucking great name. Better call them feces instead.

>Cleveland
>bulldogs
Wow I knew people were stupid but really?
In the 30s Cleveland were the Rams they won 4 championships and left for LA
The bulldogs were located 70 miles south in canton and were never called Cleveland
They were called the canton bulldogs

>being this out of touch w reality

you're like a rape victim who convinces herself it was consensual to cope with the pain

>browns is called feces
Literally named after the greatest coach in football history
Paul Brown
They were called the browns when they were first created because Arthur wanted to name the team after him

1920s. Sorry.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Bulldogs

This team eventually became Giants. Weirdly enough.

Those Maroon uniforms are tight.

Still makes more sense than renaming them the turds

>turds
>literally believes they were named after fecal matter
>DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HISTORY IS
the Cleveland Browns (named the browns) in 1946 won the championship in their inaugural season with the coach Paul Brown who the team is named after

>win one championship
>HAHAH BETTER THAN BROWNS
>Cleveland Browns win 4 in the same time period as the existence of the Cleveland Bulldogs

Still bad branding.

>naming an entire franchise after some rando coach

Cleveland confirmed for being even more cucked than initially thought

So some guy named Paul took a shit and so they named the team after it?

Literally no one care dude. It's a terrible name / brand.

>random coach
>literally the greatest coach in Ohio history
>literally built the browns
Fuck you

>terrible name/brand
That’s not what the 40s and 50s said or the 60s and 80s
It’s like you never even knew

Could you imagine if other teams did that?

The Chicago Fightin' Ditkas!

The Greenbay Lombardis.

Dallas Landrys

Except you know, the name actually fits, Cleveland Browns actually fits

>Building the Browns.

>An acomplishment

Pick one.

A team that was only relevant when all the real men were off fighting in WW2. You had a bunch 4fs running around on a fiekd whoop deshit.

go watch A Football Life documentary on Paul Brown, the guy changed the game of football forever
fucking memespouting underage idiot

It only fits because Cleveland is a complete turd of a city.

Yet the Bengals play in Paul Brown Stadium

You are correct. Browns is truth in advertising. Always.

That’s because art modell is a fucking asshole and should have fucking died before he owned the browns

1946-47-48-49-50
5 straight championships

>browns
>orange logo

JUST

>browns
>team is literal shit

Hmm

A FUCKING LEAF

Watch, when they finally put that bulldog on their helmets they'll have a winning season within two years.

I'll be laughing in your faces when the moneyball strategy plays out in the couple of years and the Browns become a contender while whichever meme team you're bandwagoning is forced to rebuild and turns to complete shit

Please don’t provoke them I’m already about to kill myself

do american teams get rings and trophees for wining the league or just the playoff final?

I'm just sick and tired of it. like what's the point of kicking people when they're down? Browns fans literally never talk shit to anyone. also the sheer amount of fucking retards who unironically don't know who Paul Brown was and just go "Le poop team lmao xDDDD"

>Josh Rosen

No, they'll take Sam Darnold. Cleveland insists on going after warm weather QBs to play in their cold and windy stadium while the hunter for North Dakota wasn't good enough for them.

They need to draft a qb with their first selection each season until it works. They need a head coach like Jim Schwartz or Mike Smith who you know will at least be competent. Make the oline unstoppable and you have a good start.

>Jim Schwartz

No, you cannot develop a young QB without an offensive minded head coach. Look at the difference it made for the Rams.

Both of those coaches are retarded
Jim Schwartz blew it big and mike smith sucks
Hue Jackson is the coach they needed, but they need Al Saunders as the OC instead of hue, because his play calling sucks

They need to rename the team and overhaul their colors and uniforms.

Except no one else other than an outcast will agree to be their coach. They also need someone who could fire them up

Le poop team xDDD

>Cleveland Bulldogs
>Maroon and silver

DONE. Play at Paul Brown field or something if you insist on hanging on to that meme.

1) we had an elite oline before JT died
2) even Tom Brady wouldn't do shit with our current receivers, this is what we should concentrate on in the draft. Kizer isn't as much of a lost cause as people think

1.build a dome with LeBron as a new owner
2. Change uniforms to all black for home and all white for away
3. Keep drafting qbs
4. Build a monstrous defense
5. Trade for Martavis Bryant
6. Hire matt nagy, the offensive coordinator of the chiefs

who /brown4lyfe/ here

>2. Change uniforms to all black for home and all white for away

I guess they already play like a high school team, might as well look like one

Damien Harris wont be there in the 6th