The science is in: Exercise isn’t the best way to lose weight

youtube.com/watch?v=eXTiiz99p9o

More propaganda to empower obese people, liberals done did it again son.

Other urls found in this thread:

kat.cr/why-we-get-fat-and-what-to-do-about-it-pdf-t7022550.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like where they basically say one of the bad side effects of working out is that you lose weight and thus the amount of weight your able to lose by doing absolutely nothing goes down.

Sounds plausible to me. It's not like they're saying exercising doesn't work.

Yea.... Although everything they said was technically correct, the way the video plays out very much discourages exercise.

this video is mostly correct but it's framed in such a stupid fucking way. Sure, excercise doesn't do much in terms of weight loss, but it contributes to muscle growth and works best when coupled with eating right.

Virtually nothing new that a dietician/average non tard has known for a hundred years in this video.

Calories in < calories out

>More propaganda to empower obese people, liberals done did it again son.
how? it just says put the fork down

Eating less is the best way to lose weight. This has never been in doubt.

the best way to lose weight is to stop eating like a hippo

but exercise is the second best way to lose weight and should be done anyway

>Lift weights
>muscle mass increases
>basal metabolic rate increases

PROFIT

Not all calories are equal. Fats, carbs, and proteins have different effects on the body.

kat.cr/why-we-get-fat-and-what-to-do-about-it-pdf-t7022550.html

Exercise helps, but only if you want to do it and don't view it as a chore that you should be rewarded for.

I see, so if you eat less calories than you burn, it's possible to gain weight. Oh wait no it isn't you fucking retard.

They are right,fatties barely lose any weight exercising they burn like 200 calories at the most and then over eat by 2000, net result is a fatter fuck. Abs are made in the kitchen.

That link is to a torrent of a pdf that I urge anyone who wants to lose weight and eat healthier to read.

can confirm
lost 60 pounds in the last 5 months doing absolute dogshit but I only ate healthy and under my bmr

Even if it isn't *quite* as simple as "Eat less, you fat fuck", focusing on the science and the technicalities just discourages people who are rightly confused by it all.

"Eat less calories" is close enough to correct, is simple to understand, and is easy to do thanks to labeling.

What's so fucking bad about this vid? It's basically telling fatties to drop the fucking fork and stop eating shit. It's not condoning or empowering fatfucks

>Abs are made in the kitchen.

Abs are made in the gym (breakdown of muscle tissue), kitchen (eating the right nutrients), and your bed (getting enough sleep/rest)

You can't outrun a bad diet.

What about the best way to gain muscle? Can I still avoid exercise? Would like to look like this by the end of summer

Health/weight/BF/ConditionedAfricans/Conflicting studies/Africans/Jewsincoats/resistancetraining/anerobic/aerobic/heartrate/

At least I don't have to exercise

Exercising helps but if you're a fat pig, you need to review your shitty diet. With a healthy diet, you'll lose weight even if you don't exercise.

Eat fruits and veggies, salads without half a gallon of ranch sauce or mayo, less fat, less carbs and less sugar and you will stop being a fat piece of crap.

> Eating more if you start excercising will cause you to not lose weight.
No shit Sherlock.

>Would like to look like this by the end of summer

summer of 2020 maybe

Synthol and liposuction.

Exercise isn't the best way to lose weight. It's diet. You can train as much as you want but if you eat enough you'll still gain weight. Some of that will be muscle if you're working out but some will be fat.

If you have a deficit of calories with respect to how many you burn by just existing (known as Basal Metabolic Rate) your body burns fat.

A typical fatty hour-long workout is like a couple hundred calories at most, which is barely anything. A pound of fat is 3500 calories. You'd have to do that hour workout every day for weeks to lose a pound just from it. But if you just ate nothing for about 36 hours you can lose that pound in that period.

Exercise has health benefits, though-- even a little of it and if you are in shitty shape. Doing something at all lowers blood sugar and blood pressure and all that.

I'm down 40 pounds in 3 months just through calorie restriction. I've done literally nothing in terms of exercise.

They're right.

>Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym.

>You can't outrun a shitty diet

All that jazz.

Exercise isn't the best way to lose weight. Nobody who knew anything about it ever thought so. You lose weight by eating less

To get your abs to show you have to work them some, but that old addage is mostly true

see

MURIKAH

but you can outdrug it like many fitness models etc

It's right though, diet is 80% of how your body looks.

Correct premises (don't eat shit food) but absolutely wrong conclusions. They're ignoring completely how metabolism and muscle growth influence the overall consumption

Fatlards will only hear "of you exercise you'll have a slower basal metabolism, so don't".

I fucking hate these people

Well exercise is actually not a good way to lose weight because it adds muscle-mass.
Not eating is the best way to lose weight

>Vox.

It's still more reasonable to exercise while lowering your fat caloric intake, so you're consuming less fat calories and burning more fat calories at the same time. If you wish to increase muscle mass while eliminating body fat, you just have to focus on a protein-rich diet while drinking lots of water. If the person is too overweight, whey protein and creatine might be a better option.

Yes. Psmf is an example. Or memeDukan for the lazy ones

>This thread
>/fit/ always telling Sup Forums to pls go

If only they knew

>Sure, excercise doesn't do much in terms of weight loss,

CALORIES IN

CALORIES OUT

IS THIS SO FUCKING DIFFICULT TO COMPREHEND

/Fit/ is the nigger homosexual cousin of Sup Forums

Have fun being weak, you lift weights to retain your fucking muscle mass take it from me lifting 10+years

I want a better kitchen! Fuck these sittups

Exercise isn't the best way to lose weight, diet is. Some exercise should be mixed in with a change in diet, but the change in diet is the most important thing.

you can out lift one.

Okay, too lazy to watch the entire thing.

a) They are correct, exercise, that is, cardio is shit at losing weight for multiple reasons.
b) The best way to lose weight is to adjust your diet, permanently. Diets do not exist, they are a temporary solution to a permanent problem. Calories in, calories out dictate if you gain or lose weight, nothing else does.
c) Your idle calorie demand, that is your resting metabolic rate is largely decided by your muscles. After the brain, muscles use up the most amount of calories over the day, simply by existing and doing normal everyday activities, this leads to:
d) Go fucking lift. Increasing your muscle mass directly increases the amount of calories your body burns just for existing. Cardio is shit for weight loss because your body just burns sugar and not fat and at the worst, it starts lowering muscle mass because it thinks you're starving. If you lift and build muscle mass instead, your body will naturally respond by increasing daily calorie consumption, allowing you to eat decent food and not feel hungry every waking minute.

Yes, retards, staying merely alive already burns calories and more than running at that. Because staying alive is HARDER to do than running, which is just a part of staying alive.

Thermodynamics isn't one of the strengths of the common folk.

Chubby mcfatshit here, I reached my high at 96kg about a month ago (1.90m tall) and was sick of it, so I've been targeting an intake of ~1300kcal per day. I'm down to 90.7kg now. Another 5kg or so to go and I'll be back to 'normal'.

Not a single unit of exercise was done in the last month, I'm a scientist and therefore couch potato.

Just stop eating so much, you fucking fat pieces of shit.

user, bear mode is not viable among normalfags. You shouldn't "just lift" and eat shit

Just do intermittent fasting you fucking assholes

>Yea.... Although everything they said was technically correct, the way the video plays out very much discourages exercise.

Reality discourages exercise. I've spent the last 3 months cycling around 80km/week and I've lost 2kg. Basically I hop on my bicycle and do 4x20km/week and it burns around 700kcal. And I'm fat as a fatass so the weight increases my calories burnt drastically. Normal weight person would probably burn around 500kcal. Hour at the gym is around 300-500kcal, swimming for 2km is around 500kcal and the list goes on.

One fucking muffin is more than 500kcal. 1l of beer is over 300kcal. Any decent sized meal with rice/potatoes, slice of bread and some meat is around and most likely over 1000kcal. One pizza alone is around 2000kcal or over.

We humans are way too energy efficient compared to anything mechanical that runs on fuel on electricity. This of course, is pretty fucking great if we'd live somewhere where finding food was an issue, but we don't.

I viewed it as discouraging misconceptions of exercise

I like how the video is actually showing how physical activity is in your control and it does increase your TDEE, yet they bring up words like "decreased metabolic rate" and "compensatory behavior" to belittle sport.

If you don't adapt to your new metabolic rate when you lose weight and especially if keep over eating you will become fat again.

It seems this video is trying to remove all responsibility of every fat person.

Conclusion: Fuck fat people.

tl;dr:
Fat loss = Calories in < calories out
Weight gain = Calories in > calories out

It's not, though. An hour of cardio may burn 500 calories, and a single cheesesteak may have a thousand cals in it.

Of course the proper solution is diet AND exercise, but lards will jump on this to excuse their laziness.

I'd say put all fats in the ovens, but they'd just set the place to grease fire.

The old saying is true then Americans are fat and lazy. It would be somewhat funny if it wasn't so sad. We have people working sedentary jobs because they don't want to do actual work. They are sitting on their asses instead of being active and they get fat. Then they go out and complain that people are holding them up to impossible health and beauty standards. Finally they say "I'm beautiful and your a bigot for not seeing me as the sexy person I am.

Fuck it we're done folks might as well turn out the lights lock the doors go home and wait for everything to go to hell.

The thing is most exercise doesn't put a lot of calories "out". An hour run is around 500 calories. You can eat that back in 5 minutes. Dietary restriction is key to weight loss

Well lets see.
If I exercise right like a multi hour mountain bike ride I burn 4-6k calories a day. If I sit on my ass I burn 2.3k calories a day.
Yup. OP's eat one less twinkie plan while watching daytime TV sure is making that fat bitch smaller.
15-20 minutes of exercise for 3-4 times a week is not as important as eating right, but heavy exertion 5-7 days a week works better than any diet plan. Just ask grandpa what boot camp used to be like, or what hell week was like. Not pussified like what it is today.

90% weight lose is the Nutrition

News at 11.

>An hour run is around 500 calories.
depends heavily on your weight

a rough estimate for moderately sized men is about 100 kcal per kilometer

You do exercise to be stronger and healthier, not to burn fat.

Abs are made in the kitchen, not good abs but abdominal muscles poking through is entirely diet based. For a brickshit house like me though my core is insanely strong so even with fat i get a bit of a 6 pack

That's a gross overestimation unless you're sprinting

>Dietary restriction is key to weight loss
Yes it is. But you will definitely feel a lot better when dieting if you do sports AND restrict your diet at the same time.
Doing both means you can eat more which means that you are going to have overall more energy during the day while slimming down.

Stop eating the carb Jew, esp sugar. It's harder to eat so many kcal of meat after a week or so of switching. End of day, I'll be at 1500kcal while feeling absolutely full. I lose 1-3kg a week when I do this.

If you can't control yourself to do so, try simulants to kill appetite.

the stuttering woman narrator is dumb as dirt.
let the man talk, honey.

>IMPLYING EXERCISE AND MORE MUSCLE MASS DOESN'T INCREASE CALORIES BURNED AT REST

>going against basic thermodynamics

HOLD ME BACK NIGGERS I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

FUCK THE FATS RACE WAR NOW

I'm not holding you back this time faggot let them have it

Event though different macros have different metabolism rates the difference isn't that much. You can actually eat whatever you want if you keep your caloric intake below your caloric output.

Obviously keeping sugar and shitty food in your diet will effect your health and mood, but your weight loss itself won't be affected as much.

Sprinting / HIIT training burns way more calories than that.

Cardio makes me hungrier than what it burns justifies (though obviously we should still do it). But I've found strength training has significantly increased my energy consumption without affecting hunger

except everyone already knew that?

the best way to lose weight is to stop eating you fat fucks

If you hike for 8 hours a day with a heavy backpack you're going to lose weight. This notion that you can lose weight by working out one hour 4 times a week is of course just ridiculous.

>He bought into the caloric jew
Top kek everyone knows calories are just Jewish propaganda so they can sell low calorie and diet versions of the same product

>Be me
>Fat kid
>Try diets, never work or keep at it
>Teenage years finally learn I got a thyroid problem
>Get told I just can't be skinny by a fucking fat doctor
>People randomly tell me I shouldn't bother and just be happy the way I am
>When I'm twenty finally have enough of being fat and exhausted everyday
>Work my ass off for years
>Get thinner bit by bit
>Feel more active and happier
>Post stuff on kikebook because I feel proud of myself
>Get people angry at me for fatshaming
>Every damn week something like OP's video comes out makes it even worse and these insane blobs keep being this delusional

Fuck these pieces of shit. Getting thin might not be easy but it can be done but instead you got all these whales going on about muh fatshaming

>FUCK THE FATS! WEIGHT WAR NOW!

Actually that is not true a lot of people think exercise is the most important thing.

Of course maccy d's and coca cola wouldn't want you too think not consuming their garbage was the right solution.

>2016

>falling for the HIIT jew

might as well join a crossfit gym faget.

Sprinting, and I mean true sprinting, is entirely anaerobic.

Once you start dipping into the Lactic Acid Phase of the human energy systems, it should be very specialized training.

Unless you are a endurance athlete (a cuck) then by all means enjoy your VO2 max training.

Exercise is a fat loss tool, not a weight loss tool
Not eating like a pig is a weight loss tool.

exercise isn't the best way to lose weight. Fasting is.

I mean, its easier to reduce caloric intake than it is to maintain caloric intake and use said calories for energy during exercise.

>Cardio makes me hungrier than what it burns justifies
This is why you should always customize any diet plan for your body. Everybody is different.

>have different effects on the body.
Yes, but not on your weight. They can effect everything from diabetes risk, to cardiovascular health, but there is not magical perpetual motion infinite energy food that will make you gain weight despite using all of the fuel in your tank. If you discover a food that does not adhere to the calories in < calories out = weight loss, then you will be in line for a Nobel Prize for discovering infinite renewable energy.

The bio availability of calories from different sources varies by about 10%.

you can always follow the J(ust)D(ont)E(at) diet.

cardio is for faggots
do you even have a wheelchair to prevent your legs from stealing your gains?

Stop beginning sentences with "I mean" like that you reddit tier faggot.

I worked as a personal trainer, can confirm.
Its not propaganda.

Diet is easily 70% of it, rest is sleep.
Exercise helps with tone, but utterly needless to lose weight.

In fact, it will increase appetite and unless the person is able to control it (most arent) they will end up gaining weight.

We're talking about weight loss here btw, not bulking up.

you definitely need to exercise, but exercise can be as simple as walking 1 hr every day, with small bursts of high intensity activity.

Kek the only thing he's making gains in is his Muslim population

>sprinting

An user that actually know what he's talking about. Rare. Springing is the single best exercise one can do on a time/effort/effect consideration. If I could do only one form of exercise for the rest of my life, it would be sprints.

im not a scientist, but wouldn't gaining muscle increase your resting metabolism? therefor helping you loose wight?

I mean I don't like it either but no need to be rude.

>Would like to look like this by the end of summer
Kek, if you worked out at maximum intensity 10 hours a week while eating perfectly and never skipping a workout you could have this in 2+ years.

Or you could just do the above and roid and you could have it in 6 months.

>Buying into the muscular jew
Kek you are right. You definitely are not a scientist.

its true though, exercise will not help you lose weight very effectively. if you hammer down 6k calories a day you can run as much as you want but you're never gonna lose a single gram of weight. restricting calories is the primary way to lose weight, then you exercise ontop of that for added effect.

/fit/ here
While yes they are appealing to fatties by not mentioning if you want to lose weight you have to stop stuffing your fat face
But they are technically not wrong
If you just go to the gym every day of the week your body will barely change
It is all about diet
I've seen regulars in the gym for 2 years who make no progress
But telling fatties to stop drinking liquid sugar and eating McDonald's is just as bad as telling them to exercise

by maybe 5% in 6 months.

It is that simple. You could eat 222.22 grams of fat, 500 grams of carbs, or 500 grams of protein and still net the same result if you "burn" 2100 calories a day. Essentially kg*m^2*s^-2*4.1868

Just don't be a pussy and load up those syringes and you'll be fine.