HAPPENING: 2nd US patient carrying antibiotic-resistant ‘superbug’ found in New York

>A second patient carrying the antibiotic-resistant “superbug” has been identified in New York, one month after a woman carrying the gene was discovered in Pennsylvania.

>The unique superbug is resistant to the antibiotic called colistin, a drug used to treat multi-drug-resistant infections and usually a last resort because of its side effects.

>The mcr-1 superbug gene makes bacteria highly resistant to a last-resort class of antibiotics, sparking fears of a possible “end of the road” for antibiotics.

rt.com/usa/348637-patient-superbug-new-york/

Good video on the subject matter
youtu.be/xZbcwi7SfZE

Other urls found in this thread:

nbc4i.com/2016/06/29/jfk-airport-terminal-evacuated-over-reports-of-suspicious-package/
youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phage_therapy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just stomp on the bug with your boots, how hard can it be? kek

>the end is upon us

Phage therapy

You mean inject them with virus until they die so we can burn the body? Sure

H-holy shit, it's actually happening

oh man and thanks to sjws lowering standards for everything everywhere there isn't anyone competent anywhere to make something better than antibiotics is there

Hospitals BTFO.

Fast Food BTFO.

Public Restrooms BTFO.

America BTFO.

>e coli
Wow so just fucking wash your hands after you shit, is it that hard? This is probably bad news for africans and Indians though

Really should be trying to get a gun in case of habbening.

>.rt.com

YeahNo.jpg. I'll wait for a credible sauce.

Trump will win
R
U
M
P

seeing as its china's fault, let's nuke the gooks.

SEAL THE STATE OFF.
JFK IS UNDER A THREAT nbc4i.com/2016/06/29/jfk-airport-terminal-evacuated-over-reports-of-suspicious-package/

You guys realize that what this means is in ten years all current viruses will be antibiotic resistant right? How do we even prepare for that?

>viruses
American education in action

Not a bad place to start tho

We need to get our hands on one of these patient zero's and then get a couple bug chasers, and the rest is easy

No, he's right. The viruses will be antibiotic resistant.

We don't use antibiotics on viruses, we use them on bacteria

And?

>viruses
>antibiotic
>antibiotics used for bacteria

I don't ever recall antibiotics ever being used on viruses

>It's actually not happening, yet.

Shit..
We'll build the wall and pay for it if this is true.

Based god released a patch to fix the world population problem?

And why is that?

Holy fucking mother of god.

because they don't fucking work on viruses, burger.

So what does that make all viruses in ten years?

this is bait

Just to clarify, you understand that antibiotics are used for BACTERIAL and not VIRAL infections, correct?

Washing hands is racist

this thread has a fever
and the only prescription
is more cowbell

youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg

The guy is joking, saying they'll be antibiotic resistant, since they already are and always have been.
Sup Forums is kinda slow sometimes.

Antibiotics act directly on the bacteria to inhibit some function of their metabolism, or to breakdown their cell walls; so the bacteria can, overtime, build defenses against such drugs; especially when the bacteria are repeatedly subjected to sub-lethal antibiotic doses. The vaccines on the other hand, do not act directly on the viruses, but induce the body's natural defences to produce antibodies that recognise and eliminate carriers of the viral antigens, so the viruses must learn to develop defenses against the specific antibodies, rather than the vaccine itself. So antibiotics resistance doesn't equal virus resistance. Didn't they learn you anything in school you retard?

Anti-biotics were the lazy medicine.

There are cures outside of anti-biotics, just much harder to find.

Not anymore.

NYC needs a plague at this point. let's just quarantine them and let nature do it's thing

Kill them
Burn the bodies

Wow

Sure but the first guy that posted in this thread of discussion was right, even if he's a dummy.

Baby can you dig your man?

I don't worry about it cuz I rarely leave the house kek

Scary thing is he's probably serious.

>tfw NEET shut-ins will be the only survivors

>people not following medical procedure when handling antibiotics
>shit obviously goes wrong
>HOW DID THIS HAPPEN
Darwin award.

what would that be my friend
fox news or cnn or even msnbc

>inb4 some libertarian saying things like "muh free market" will fix this
Fuck you nigger, the reason this is happening is because of the free market. We should've listened to the scientists and banned the use of antibiotics in agriculture.

All these retards who think they're so smart but can't get a fucking joke. If viruses are immune to antibiotics then in ten years they'll still be immune. The first poster is a moron but technically correct. The rest of you are even bigger morons.

Fox News isn't any better but RT quite literally has an agenda to discredit or defame the US in any way possible, two reporters quit on-air and several editors have resigned because of their bullshit. It's nothing new. For the first few days of the Crimea invasion they literally reported there were no soldiers in Crimea, then changed their story to friendly militia took over, then only after like 2 or 3 months they started reporting that Russian soldiers without insignia were there.

It's not a credible source at all, neither is Fox. MSNBC is alright. CNN is better. All have their faults but RT is among the lowest of the low when it comes to disinformation.

all the densely populated shitskin countries will die out before we do in the civilised world

>summerfaggot
> can't into google

I just want to take a moment to apologize to the world.

Dear World: I am very sorry that some of the people in America are this completely fucking retarded.

WE

>2016
> the current year
> still watching the TV Jew

No wonder Germany is fucked.

Not a big deal. People survived before antibiotics.

The problem might not even be the superbugs, but the government trying to use it as an opportunity to obtain even more control.

bacteria are niggers.jpg

sheeeeiit

>Burn that woman with all her bacteries

HURR

People who lived before antibiotics didn't live in a super globalised world where you could fly all over the globe in matter of hours, also bacteria is way more deadlier thanks to antibiotics

>gif related, every plane flight in the world over a 24 hour period

Holy shit stop embarrassing us.

Alex Jones has been talking about this lately

Link?

There plenty more work to be done in the field of antibiotics, there's just no economic incentive for drug companies to develop new antibiotics. However when resistance becomes more common place work in this field will resume, nothing to be afraid of yet.

so much for the STEM meme

This is only the beginning.

I cant help but see the humour in an antibiotic-resistant superbug killing the human species considering our rampant and irresponsible misuse of antibiotics is a parallel of how we have treated the planet and eachother.

>America
This is all because of idiots taking antibiotics when they are perfectly healthy, and bothering doctors when they have colds until they get a prescription for antibiotics.
Congrats, you ruined it for the rest of us.

to all you faggots out there, this guy is right. Viruses will be antibiotic resistant because antibiotics never worked on viruses in the first place. Who has poor reading comprehension now?

It will be an fair, evolutionary, thinning of the herd of people also.

>viruses will be antibiotic resistant
>antibiotics never worked on viruses in the first place

So viruses have been antibiotic resistant the whole time, is that what you meant to say?

>Reddit, NPR, and the public education system in one post

FYI: Homosexuals with HIV/AIDS are the main cause of antibiotic resistance, the government doesn't want you to know this

Tuskegee much?

>implying this is bad
If this shit ever gets big, I'll finally make my escape from civilization and go and live off the land in the forest/mountains.

What's not to like?

this was always going to happen you faggot

>What's not to like?

Winter.

Build Wall, Mexico. Quick.

No, I mean there's already a cure.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phage_therapy

They use it in the country of Georgia. FDA fags just cock block us in America.

Most of our antibiotics come from fungi.

>yfw you realize modern medicine is essentially a 2 billion year old arms race between fungi and bacteria

Did.. did anyone else just get sick from seeing that? Or at least a little nihilistic?

Jesus christ, we're everywhere. It's like we're a swarm of parasites ravaging everything we see until there's nothing left.

>Like tears in the rain

>nobody realizes this is a joke
Virus' are in fact resistant to antibiotics

Shut up you fucking edgelord. Go listen to death metal or whatever you greaseballs do.

Death Metal Heil!

They aren't "resistant" antibiotics don't work on viruses