What's killing the NFL?

What's killing the NFL?

Nice try but that was 2 hours before kick off. Also people were just going out of their work

they are literally kicking off to start the game in the pic tho

In his defense, Algerians don't know much about football.

Knee problems.

>falling for a strawman pic

Intolerant viewership. A progressive culture is the future and the NFL is right for taking a stance with minorities and social justice and against hate and racism. This is just a bump in the road while they re-orient their target audience from low-skill whites and southerners to intelligent millennials and the future leaders of the world in the dominant cities on the coasts.

>that flag
>that post

American foreign policy seriously needs to pivot towards Iran

millenials probably

You're alright, Texas.

Black people making everything about muh racism.

Isn't that a Browns game?

The only implication of that picture is the Browns suck.

Honestly its the fucking refs. It feels like most games are significantly decided by the officiating and its getting worse.

>Replace the commentators with the refs
>Every play is reviewed,officiated and penalties are assessed
>The team with the least amount of penalties wins
FUND IT

Too many penalties, not letting the players play, too much politics.

Shit games and pic related

Gee, I wonder why people aren't watching the NFL on TV like they used to. Maybe it has something to do with the BIASED officiating? Fuck the NFL's referees.

people suddenly realized they didn't really like the sport that much

biased for whom?

Honestly, nothing. The NFL fanbase is simply leveling out. There is going to come a time when the fanbase will grow, and grow, and grow, and then it stops because unlimited exponential growth is simply not viable. Economists and analysts don't seem to comprehend this.

This is why when Europe's population began to healthily level out, economists flipped their shit and said Europe would face some manner of crisis if its population did not keep growing. So what happens? European (read: Germany) leaders start importing mass loads of shitskins from the third world to artificially keep the population / growth meme stat growing, not realizing that humans are not lightbulbs, and by importing a destabilizing factor into their lands, they've effectively signed their death warrant and killed their economy and nation in the long term.

Flipside is Japan. Japan's population is leveling out, but economists are going on about how Japan will LITERALLY CEASE TO EXIST if its people don't do something, despite the obvious fact that Japan is grossly overpopulated, and its sudden decrease in birthrate is simply a process of reaching the top of the curve. In the future, when automation leaves billions of people jobless and homeless, Japan will be better poised to deal with the domestic problem that is excess personnel. The rest of the world, importing third world shitskins, will not.

In summary, the NFL fanbase is at its max. It can't grow. It won't grow. NFL needs to appeal to its core base and stop trying to rope in fickle, faithless groups like women, faggots, and leftists, who don't care about the sport at all.

the product keeps getting worse and now a bunch of illiterate 25 year old millionaire criminals are lecturing the fanbase about equality

>Have literally never talked to someone who wasn't white.

How's Nebraska this time of year?

The Browns.

I used to live in an all white state, now I live in a very diverse city. Guess where I lived when someone broke into my apartment.

>What's killing the NFL?
>Post picture of Cleveland Browns

what do you mean by this?

>taking the bait and digging a hole for yourself
you can't be serious

THATS THE HARDCAM SIDE YOU FUCKIN PINHEAD

>Economists and analysts don't seem to comprehend this.
But a random American on Sup Forums does.
I'm not arguing against you, but do you hear yourself?

Incredibly poor and sloppy play
Bullshit on the field
Bullshit off the field
Ongoing pussification of the sport
Endless advertising

I miss anything?

Refball has become blatant and unlike soccer fans we Americans aren’t cucks

why didnt you use your gun to protect yourself?

two good QBs- one is 40 the other is dead

wasn't home

when is the last time that stadium was sold out?

How's that boot taste? You seem to quite enjoy licking it.

Just because somebody is in an official capacity or is learned doesn't mean they know fuck all about their specialty. Most know how to make a business out of what they do (aka get paid), but that doesn't mean they have anything more than a superficial understanding.

I refuse to believe that kneeling is as big a deal as this.

The real issues to me seem to be brain injury and overpriced tickets, with maybe a perceived lack of parity in the wing.

Uppity blacks

plus it's fucking boring now

Most of the fanbase is white boomers.
The league is supporting chimps who hate America.
Pretty simple desu.

Kneegers

it's not very good

college ball is more entertaining and no bullshit knee stuff.

>shit teams
>flags every other play
>SJWs
>awful sch. due to shit teams

gee I wonder

Unlike you. You have a perfect understanding of the correlation between population growth and economic growth.

Where did you get this perfect understanding?

college isn't entertaining once you realize that all this cool stuff is happening because the defenders are making huge mistakes.

because your pic is from the beginning kickoff of a browns game

People watch football to escape the reality of this shitty world for 3 hours. Now that players have brought in politics and protests, the illusion is shattered and there is no point in watching.
Same thing is happening with hollywood.

It's becoming hard to justify sending off your beloved son to suffer from Alzheimer-tier encephalopathies at half the age.

okay now post the aftermath of trump's comments

oh wait you wont you dumb fuck

>meanwhile the entire leagues ratings and ticket sales are down

k

I've hesitated to post in these threads but I have a question: Does anyone actually think -%10 ratings will have an impact on NFL at all? Sponsors might hesitate for a split second, but it will take a mass exodus for the NFL to go from first to second. Why shit post like the NFL is in financial trouble when it will be the top sport for another 10 years?

They've already had to refund almost a billion dollars to advertisers for low ratings.

because that big of a drop is worth a billion dollars to the NFL

that will equal changes

Change to what? Baseball maybe? October-December NBA and NHL can't compete against football. While they're losing money and ratings, there is no strong contender to take the time slots.

Because that's not how business strategy works.

good thing the NBA regular season doesnt matter

The bigger problem is that its a trend that's not looking like its slowing down, let alone reversing.
Advertisers and broadcasters aren't going to be happy signing contracts with you that span a decade of declining numbers.

NFL owners are not going to sit idly by while profits are dropping sharply. They're going to try to do something to reverse it. I don't know what it will be but hopefully it doesn't suck as much as the other changes they've made.

Greatest ally

Quads of truth unfortunately

Fractured media landscape = more forms of entertainment competing for eyeballs and ears (especially among millennials)

CTE stigma = shrinking talent pool i.e. lower quality product

Same reason Hollywood is dying, piracy. I bet 90% of posters on this board watched streamed games today. Even normies know how to stream. If you don't see this you're just retarded.

The NFL

>thinking this world is shitty with God Emperor in office fixing all the world's problems
>thinking poor Harvey getting fucked over by whores who need to suck cock to have any value in the working world is good

Typical libcuck limp wristed faggot snowflake. MAGA

The real cancer that is killing the NFL

That picture is hardly fair. The Browns are an affront to all professional sports not just football.

>What's killing the NFL?

the NFL

user, I don't know if you noticed, but economists and football experts are overwhelmingly full of hooey

The Patriots won the NFL.

The point of the league was to become the GOAT franchise with the GOAT QB and surpass the shadow of Joe Montana.

Brady did it.

It's over. Close the book.

CTE stigma hasn't even hit yet. Most poverty stricken niggers playing college football don't even give a shit about future brain damage and the decline in talent across the board can be traced back to before anyone was paying any attention to CTE.

When the league went from 28 teams to 30 and then 32 it crossed some kind of threshold. There were always teams searching for their QB for example but it was 4-5 teams at any given time. Now that's become 8-9 teams.

The NFL arguably would be better at around 22-24 teams max.

>Ticket prices
>Brain injury
>Cord cutters increasing
>Too many ads
>Politicizing the game
>No new great rivalry like Peyton vs Brady

ask anyone what their most entertaining games were and most of the responses you will get were high scoring games.

you can say that any league would be better with fewer teams because talent would be condensed and teams would overall be better. But not the NFL, the NFL is plenty fair the size that it is. the most parity of any sport for a reason

at least, nowhere near how much better the NBA would be if there were 15 teams instead of 30

this is it. also oversaturation... NFL became popular in part because of the scarcity of games. It's just on too much and there's viewer fatigue.

/thread

plus some teams that are financially viable and have little incentive for improvement on the field. complacency is poisonous for fanbases.

The NFL has been running on momentum for a LONG time. It has been a big, central form of entertainment for generations so it continues to be a big draw essentially because it is a traditional big draw. If the NFL/football was invented today, do you think people would start following it?

It is successful because of momentum much more than it is successful because it is actually entertaining. Now people are jumping off for various reasons which include CTE, politics (both players protesting and owners opposing them. Some people are just worn out by politics in general and tune out even though they aren't offended by either side or the argument), cord-cutting, cities losing their teams, and the ease of access to other forms of entertainment (you couldn't watch soccer on a sunday morning ob basic cable 20 years ago, now people can).

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the NFL if I didn't enjoy fantasy football, and I can enjoy just about any team sport.

literally Roger Goodell

Does Sup Forums think the relocations have anything to do with it too?
Clearly no one is watching the Chargers anymore, and I can't imagine something like the Rams move being great for ratings numbers.

Modern American football, more than almost any other sport is dependent on a single position. You maybe have 12-15 truly special people playing QB today at the level necessary to make an offense work. Sure you could probably get that number up to 20 if you could stop the Browns from ruining every QB they touch and basically keep a handful of shit franchises from getting them killed before they acclimate to the NFL's level of play but you'll never have more than that.

No QB means limited success. NFL parity is mostly an example of parity among the have-not's. Just because every shitty team (except Cleveland) finds its way to 9-7 and a first or second round exit that doesn't mean the sport is enjoying healthy parity.

nobody watched the Chargers or the Rams before, that's why they moved

care to elaborate?

Raiders will be the nail in the coffin in terms of alienating fans

Nobody cared or gave a shit till trump said something (what he said was right too) and that triggered the majority of America now people who had no idea why theyre kneeling think its because mean old trump is racist and hitler thus giving this protests legs. The NFL is basically alienating people like myself who just wanna watch a game and don't care about politics.

they actually moved because towns wouldn't give them free stadiums.

because it is and always was trash and the viewers are going to return to america's pastime

>cities losing their teams

for fucks sake, this has only happened in the last two years. it isnt like teams are relocating every few years the past two decades, and its teams besides the raiders that had no fans anyway

>cord cutting

NFL games are aired on network TV. it isn't like MLB or NBA or NHL games that are aired on regionalized cable networks or major cable networks where you couldnt watch without cable

>Personally, I wouldn't bother with the NFL if I didn't enjoy fantasy football, and I can enjoy just about any team sport.

>claims to like team sports
>only watches for the individuals on his stupid fantasy team

yep, for instance the Vikes would've moved if they didn't get publicbux

The moves always hurt national interest in the game. Little TV markets stealing teams from bigger cities by being willing to take an ass raping doesn't help either.

yeah because most people are filthy casuals, this is already known. there's absolutely nothing entertaining about watching people fail to do their job.

>this has only happened in the last two years
dude wut? That's completely untrue. And I know people who can't watch NFL at home because they don't have cable.

>Baltimore Colts
>St Louis Cardinals
>Houston Oilers
>Cleveland Browns (original franchise)
>Los Angeles Rams (the first time)
>Oakland Raiders (the first time)
>Los Angeles Raiders (the first time)

Yeah, just happened in the last two years.

>posts picture from the nfc divisional playoff game
idiot

On ESPN yes but that's only Monday night. Fox CBS and NBC are free to watch anywhere in the US. You just need a digital antenna

you only need cable for monday and thursday games

>t. nfl
I'm not giving you money for your shit content. Put some fucking effort into it, then we'll talk. Same goes for those kikes in Hollywood.

>Some people are just worn out by politics in general and tune out even though they aren't offended by either side or the argument)

This x 1000..I know a lot of people who are just sick of politics and nfl was the escape. The second it crossed into nfl they shut off and said fuck this and aren't coming back.

most people don't have those, my friend.

>You just need a digital antenna
If you're lucky enough to pick up the signal.

We're talking about a 10% decrease in viewership. People in st louis, san diego, and oakland who stopped caring about the NFL when it wa announced that their team was leaving contribute to that drop.

Cord cutting affects NFL viewership because it means there are less households that have access to Monday Night Football, which contributes to the drop in viewership. Also, the more popular cord cutting becomes, the more households there are that don't even own a TV or have one for other forms of entertainment but don't have a digital antenna to watch NFL games.

My point about only caring because of fantasy is to show that the NFL product isn't flawless. I'm a sports fan but wouldn't care about the NFL without fantasy. I even like college football enough to watch marquee games even though my college team has sucked ass for a few years.

And yes, I enjoy fantasy because it is a fun thing to do with my friends. I guess I'm a pure NFL fan likes you who only watches for some other reason. I'll tell my friends I'm out of our league tomorrow. Gotta watch the NFL the way I'm supposed to I guess.

>americans do so much thinking that they need an occasional time out
lol no

I'm a """"millennial"""" and almost none of the people I know around my age have cable and perhaps half don't even have a TV. I stream a few NFL games per year and otherwise just stick to EPL or CFB.