Zack Snyder v James Gunn

Just a shot comparison.

>bland orange/teal versus colorful, visually interesting blue/yellow shot

>> visually interesting

Compared to the Snyder shot, yes

what the fuck nvm bait here's your (you)

ORANGE BLUE CONTRAST DUDE!!!

and now real cinema

Snyder one is framed much better

Gunn is a terrific director, Marvel's best. Worlds ahead of Russos. No need to pit him against Snyder, DC's best. Together they provide the most substantial, enjoyable, and best looking cape films.

Move aside

One of those posters is black and white you fucking retard

What are these from

Is that top shot looking through some giantess' legs? What's with the fucking vagina in the sealing?

Jesus Christ

Where's the shadow of the column they just passed? All the others have shadows

My intention wasn't really to pit them against each other. That shor in the 'GotG vol. 2' just remined me of the Council Chamber from 'Man of Steel' and I thought putting them next to each other would be interesting. The 'v' is just my mildly humorous reference to 'BvS'.

Looks like Chris Evans has identity disorder.

Oh you should watch 'Man of Steel' again and keep an eye out for all the other vaginas, not to mention the penises. That film is replete with phallic and yonic imagery throughout all of Kryptonian architecture and technology.

Just look at these floating vaginas.

Everything in Krypton is in the shape of a dong or cunt, because they're a sexless culture.

Scott Pilgrim I think

I think Gunn's (shot and direction in general actually) is more of a confection, poppy, colorful, accessible, while Snyder's is clearly more and dramatic and evocative.

Its red on white. Red on white posters then means you are watching an awful movie during its time.

Because light doesn't fall on the last one. See how it spreads with Jedi's Shadows and then on previous colons, it's not just copypaste. Lucas is too autistic to fuck up such details.

This.
Hope for Dawn of the Dead 2 someday.

That's Giger and monster in the end of comic book Watchmen reference.

>watch man of steel again
No thanks

One thing that struck me immediately when I placed the shots next to each other is the difference in the sense of age of the locations.

The chamber from 'GotG vol. 2' seems brand new whereas the Council Chamber from 'Man of Steel' feel ancient.

If all snyder cares about is well-composed stills, he should have been a photographer, rather than a director.

Unfortunately, there's more to directing than pretty pictures.

Don't tell me that bottom is MCU watchers.

>defending Man of Steels shitty shaky cam cinematography
lol

There is no shakey cam in 'Man of Steel' So I don't know what you mean.

Yeah, i hate the shakey cam stuff and am especially sensitive to it, MoS did not employ it, and if so, used it to great effect.

You are very ignorant.

It was the last time they spoke as friends.

There is a lot of handheld camera work to give a sense of cinéma vérité and Snyder used snap zooms to provide the sense that the cameraman can't quit keep up with Kryptonians speed, both spacecraft and superpowered individuals.

Literally this
I'm just glad that for whatever reason, marvel give Gunn complete control and let him do his own thing (unlike a certain Edgar... lol)

I don't like Gunn's fight scenes, but that's mostly due to their editing. And the editing is mostly because the actors can't fight and they're literally putting the fight together in editing.

Snyder fights are more fluid but they're mostly CGI, so they're boring.

>Top: Rome
>Bottom: Egypt

What did they mean by this?

This is not a rebuttal.

now post the version where three random jedi are superimposed in the corner without any perspective so it looks like they're just stickers someone put on the camera lens

look at the straight perpendicular shadow of the ledge on their left, the shadow of the column is stretching from that on the bottom right

here, 3000 hours in mspaint

bottom one has got a flash gordon vibe that i like, but its a flat shot which marvel has a lot of

well kino'd

A series of good camera shots does not make a good film.

Load 100 of the greatest paintings into a projector and click through it. Thats what it's like watching a zack snyder movie, its just good shots piled together into an incoherent series of images.

Dude is like michael bay, he needs to stick to action and leave the writing and directing to real storytellers.

>the cameraman can't keep up with the Kryptonians speed
Then Snyder is a fucking retard unless he expects us to believe there's a literal onlooker cameraman filming the events

>I just discovered complementary colors DUDE! like DUDE!
Plebs disgust me.

I thought his office was cool as fuck.

Especially the statues he had.

Though why no one noticed he had evil man art and interior decorating I don't know.

not even. 90 percent of snyder films is just boring shots of people talking, there's a reason people spam the same 3 images from movies that are over two hours long