Red pill me on Rick and Morty

Red pill me on Rick and Morty.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EbTlK3perdI
youtube.com/watch?v=s5A5Mb__fiA
youtube.com/watch?v=MH17AHIklCM
youtube.com/watch?v=4eDWatBD3xg
enstarz.com/articles/125551/20151208/rick-and-morty-season-3-dan-harmon-talks-hiring-female-writers-why-its-important-behind-the-scenes.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's based.

DUDE STUTTERING
DUDE DRINKING
DUDE SWEARING
DUDE GOD DOESNT EXISTS

NO WAY

tv kino for patricians

Half hour episodes, you could watch two episodes before anyone tells you anything useful here. And then you would watch the rest.

Dude Reddit lmao

Browse Reddit and buy yourself a fedora for the ultimate Rick and Morty experience

youtube.com/watch?v=EbTlK3perdI

Rick did create a universe.

It's no more reddit than the Simpsons but Simpson posters are far more vocal autists.

it's pure fucking cancer. now please fuck off pleb head.

Honestly a pretty good show for its first 2 seasons despite its "reddit cred", but the upcoming season is likely to suck due to them hiring female writers (not even normal women but the white man hating kind)

looks so reddit

Good but relies too much on referential humor. Hooooeeeee.

Reddit.

Third season was delayed because everday argue between the writer staff after hiring women for the new season.

More like "Reddit pill me on Rick and Morty" am I right guys?

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor normie to understand why this show is so popular.

These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick normies into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter.

What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

This.

It's targeted to dilettante scientism fedoras that have dug themselves into a lazy science-based nihilism that they could easily pull themselves out of by telling Dawkins and deGrasse Tyson to fuck off, but they can't do that because it would mean surrendering their "knowledge points"

They brought on a bunch of uppity women to write for season three, so I'm sure it'll be hilarious.

>responding to a pasta seriously
lurk moar faggot

This is probably true.

It's a good show.

I just like it because the jokes are stupid and you don't really need to think about them and I find cartoon sci-fi really comfy but hate Anime.

I think you faggots are overthinking it a bit.

>Reddit & Memey

no wonder its late and they don't know when its going to be ready even?
typical fucking women probably all arguing and shit
don't know why i care it will be garbage of course

It's pretty funny, and introduces at least a bit of substance into popular American media, which is nice (of course, it's very entry level in any other context). Because this is post-2014 Sup Forums, it gets predictably politicized here, however if you watch it and aren't a total sperg there's nothing radical or really polemic about the shows themes.

It's really just a humorous, comfy cartoon. I recommend it if you wanna just put some shit on for a bit

Also, although it appeals to the (awful) Sam Harris "I fucking love science" types, the shows themes are way less retarded imo

reddit and memey

but tell me if its redpilled or does it make me a cuck to watch it

>enjoy the guests on Sam Harris' podcasts
>mfw the pseudo-intellectual circlejerk surrounding Harris

It does neither because it's just a fucking cartoon.

you're already a faggot so what's the difference if you watch or not

Roiland is Sup Forums while Dan is Reddit

>christ fags are this delusional

>red pill me on a blue pilled show

>Dan Harmon
>Dan Shnarmon
>Dan Schneimon
>Dan Schneimen
>Dan Schneider
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

It's decent but not as amazing as everyone makes it out to be.

If this show came out in 2007 it would be lauded as much as any other AS show of that era - venture Bros, Superjail, ATHF, Moral Orel etc. Now because the average Sup Forums poster was born in 1999 they think it's cool to shit on it and not recognise it for the cartoon kino it is.

Season 1 was genuinely the best animated show that year

And I don't even like the sci-fi or feels shit because I do science I just think it's funny as hell
Season 2 does have some stinkers though

>I'm not reddit, I just love R&M and hate anime
lol

>mfw i tip my fedora in every gag

It's Futurama on crack. It's sci fi for the adhd generation. Its occasionally original, purely because it has nothing to lose. The writing was never that deep so there's no chance that it can ruin a character by making them act completely different from moment to moment. It's colorful and exciting at times. Any emotion that you feel is completely manipulated to make the episode feel worthwhile.

Best animated show since the simpsons

Any dissent from this will ultimately fall back on "muh episode count"

It's one of the better cartoons currently running. I think Rick is pretty funny and it has some genuinely hilarious moments and some feels.

youtube.com/watch?v=s5A5Mb__fiA

youtube.com/watch?v=MH17AHIklCM

this
S2 started really strong but hit rock bottom quick. It fell into a rut and relied too much on the same formula and even went for the "muh feels" ending that fell flat in every way.

it's a millennial show that people watch well into their teen. It's kinda like the this generations Simpsons/Family Guy, only less funny, less clever, and more boring.

ripped off Doc and Mharti

>Nor have they ever picked a book on physics

I sure hope you're a troll, because making that statement when we're discussing Rick and Morty is retarded.

I miss ATHF :(

They hired 2 women at the most for the new season. This "season is delayed because the FUCKING WOMEN keep arguing" is a retarded meme.

Dan Harmon is Reddit incarnate
Roiland is Sup Forums incarnate
They're fighting a lot now and S3's been delayed because of it

i never understood the hate for rick and morty, most people haven't seen the show
youtube.com/watch?v=4eDWatBD3xg

The epitome of reddit trash

DUDE YOU CAN SAY DUDE AND THEN FOLLOW IT WITH ANYTHING AND IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO POINT WHATSOEVER

WTF I love reddit and memey now

Its pretty sad that one butthurt fag on Sup Forums decided rick and morty was "reddit" so now all the loyal cucks are afraid to like it / give it a chance.

It's fucking awesome this show even exists

> I don't get it

It's ok user, you aren't alone

Pretty fucking funny

how about this fucking nugget proposal

WATCH IT YER GAY FOOKIN SELF N MAKE YER OWN OPINION KEK NORRIS

i fucking hate when Sup Forums calls everything reddit in general

but jesus christ, my previous roommate was the one begging me to watch this every single day and he quite literally and unironically had r/pcmasterrace as his browser homepage

i watched the first and i dropped it, i genuinely couldnt understand what people find so hilarious in it.it reminded me more of one of those shitty early 00s Cartoon Network shows rather than a adult "hilarious" comedy show

>Red pill me on Rick and Morty.
More like reddit pill me on Rick and Morty tbqh

>Any emotion that you feel is completely manipulated to make the episode feel worthwhile.

that's how good storytelling always works

Is this real? Can you direct me to that post so I can get the full image?

hahaha wow thats so edgy and funnny dddiid you just make that UP?!?!?!

It's sadder that no other site allows you to criticize shitty LIKE DIS IF U CRY EVERY TIME AND ALSO WERE SO SMART ALCOHOLISM BROOOOO "shows" like RnM, F is for Family, and Bojack Horseman.

um no sweetie, they actually made sure to have 50% female writing staff

>We've gone from a bunch of dudes shooting Nerf guns at each other and asking each other questions about women that we don't know the answers to to... I think it's like a 50/50 balance now, like in the early days of Community, which is really great

enstarz.com/articles/125551/20151208/rick-and-morty-season-3-dan-harmon-talks-hiring-female-writers-why-its-important-behind-the-scenes.htm

Thanks. I guess I know why I'm not keen on it now.

something that really bothered me about the purge episode (besides being creatively bankrupt) was the mishandling of rick's character, there's no way he would forgive someone who shot and almost killed him because muh oppression. The writers just had him side with her because we are the 99% or something.