Literally NOBODY dressed their kids as the Ghostbusters in the 80s, fuck this show

Literally NOBODY dressed their kids as the Ghostbusters in the 80s, fuck this show.

I think Mike having a poster for The Thing in his bedroom is much less believable.

>implying

I unironically dressed like the Ghostbusters, had a proton pack etc. I don't expect 2000s kids to understand that was a thing.

You're a fucking retard. We did, because the movie was awesome. I also loved the thing and halloween.

nigga we wore our suits and protons packs daily, halloween or not

op confirmed for child

>things tryhard 90s redditors say to fit in

top kek

Good point.

Just end it, family

What's it like being born post 9/11, OP?

It's another "I wasn't alive during the 80s but I need to be irrationally angry at something so here's a post where I pretend to know anything about the 80s when in reality I just prove how I was never alive during that time" thread

I don't remember the ghostbusters using Uzis

Slavic Ghostbusters

Forced nostalgia for creative means. If the show is good and makes you enjoy it, what's the problem?

it's almost bizarre how easily they're spotted

>Stranger Reddit

I am too autistic to suspend my disbelief of historical inaccuracy

Can't we talk about this instead

Couldn't get into those socialized children. Turn off the tv

>he didn't have a proton pack growing up
I hate stranger things, but come on.

I was born in the 80's and I wore my proton pack and Ghostbusters gear around all the time and so did my cousins when we were playing, so go get your fucking shinebox and stand on it to suck your dads dicks, shortpants.

If you didn't rock Ghostbusters gear and the He-Man sword and shield or the Sword of Omens then you don't know SHIT about growing up in the 80's.

This.
I was born in 1982 and I had a plastic proton pack.

People always want to shit all over popular stuff to seem edgy.

That comes out of Winona Ryder's pussy. She stole it from the other dimension. Goddamn oven dodger.

Israeli Ghostbusters

This. Everyone I knew had Ghostbusters stuff, no one had a poster for The Thing.

How the fuck would you know?

me irl

this was from the cartoon though, all the toys were

nazibusters

Right, like I can spot you being one right now. Go watch Arthur the mongoloid alpaca or Dora the future deportation case, they're much more your speed you twelve year old garbage generation faggot. Sad!

You mean the cartoon which came out in 1986, just two years after the film?
Oh I guess that means we're all BTFO?

Ghostbusters wasn't really geared towards kids, it just so happens kids loved it so they started marketing it to them. That's why GB2 sucks.

i had a proton pack toy and i dont think i even saw ghostbusters

Yep

I had a kick ass Burgerking meal deal when GB2 came out. Ghost in a can, which I kept for years and never opened, then when I finally did nothing happened.

Born in 1982. Used to wear my he-man sword everywhere I went, pull it out and yell, "by the power of greyskull" all the time

When the movie came out you couldn't buy toy proton packs.

So i made my own with carboard boxes for the pack. string for the straps and another string from the carbioard box to the "blaster" which was a stormtrooper blaster that i painted black. I was 7 at the time.

Quick, type the opening notes of the Ghostbusters theme

Doo doo doo do dodoo, dununununununah

Some toys referenced the film like this awesome proton pack projector

>dude reddit 80 references lmao
cringe

Why does Sup Forums pretend to hate Stranger Things?

>Sup Forums still hasn't noticed the Sup Forums easter egg I put in

wow you guys are dumb

It's the off season so the contrarians are in full force

i had the sword of omens and lion-os claw shield.

ghostbusters was super cool, but having toys of them was kinda gay, you know?

My dad built me a plastic proton pack for Halloween 1984 and I had a little jumpsuit my mom sewed my name on too (it was blue but whatever). OP you are unequivocally wrong as hell.

Same here. There are pictures of me on Christmas morning riding a rocking tiger like He-Man's with his sword and shield screaming like a crazy person then pictures of me laying in bed with the sword and shield still in my hands. I had all the action figures too. I heard they're worth some hefty shekels now but I threw them out decades ago.

>people only ever dress up as something after it has become a retroactive cult hit

Not true. My mother used to dress me as a ghostbuster every Halloween from 1981 to 1989. The name of my mother? Leslie Jones.

>mfw they make El a Ghostbuster instead of Janine and Paul Feig takes credit for it and jerks his two inch cock off all over twitter over an underage girl

Because it's nostalgia pandering garbage and every member of the cast is a gigantic cuck except for Winona who's just a coked out lunatic.

There was no separation between shit that was directed at kids and shit that wasn't back then. Fucking Robocop had a toy line.

I saw your mom have a penis stuck in her butt.

neo/tv/ pls go

This was my Ghostbusters costume

Movie legit revolted people back then

Smeone should cash in on muh 80s nostalgia and start building 80s enclaves, San Junipero style. Then the society could move on and leave nostalgia faggs in the dust.

The majority of Sup Forums users are under 20 years old and don't have a proper understanding of nostalgia because everything they grew up with was awful.

>nostalgia pandering garbage

You mean like Trump's entire campaign?

I'm smashing that subscribe button dude

Because that's the only decade with an air of nostalgia, which is not a cyclical, every present phenomenon.

The man you posted is nostalgia pandering garbage and he's the leader of the free world who's going to MAGA. Just accept that desperately looking backwards is the new moving forward.

2 old 2 reddit: the thread

Even fucking Total Recall had an NES game.

Same, also had a Ghostbusters handmade cake and sweatshirt my mom made for me for 6th bday

Funny you post that dumb sentence with a picture of a guy whose slogan is "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN". Retard.

But we did, even in Germany
>tfw you will never wake up Saturday mornings before breakfast to watch secretly the real ghostbusters again

not like 50's diners existed in the 80's right

She's a big girl.

BUILD WALL.

t. started posting on Sup Forums in the mid 2010s

born in december 1989 here. can confirm no one ever did this. fuck this show.

how screamingly sad would you be if your mom bought the wrong ghost busters costume.
Almost forty, and every once in awhile in traffic you'd just mutter "fuuuuuuuuck"

>december 1989

Pretty much a 90s baby, stick with Power Rangers

Afternoon, reddit

lol, why are you posting SV?

Why isn't it plausible to have a poster of The Thing? Ridley Scott and all his shit was hugely popular in the 80s

Because it's popular.

Halloween costumes, bruh.

i was born in 84.

kids didn't give that much of a shit about the film, but the cartoon was huge.

I'm sure it's the kids dressing themselves up, but regardless I'm also bothered by it.

I know this show is playing the '80s nostalgia angle, but literally dressing the kids up as Ghostbusters is too much.

I think you're just mad because the last season of election blew your reddit-tier fagfest out of the water.

We called them 30ish years ago eateries, senpai

>Ridley Scott

The Thing bombed when it came out.

>the thing
>ridley scott

I won the last season of election, Pedro. Day of the rakes on ropes soon.

>I'm also bothered by it.

>literally dressing the kids up as Ghostbusters is too much.

So glad i'm not autistic.

oh i had the backpack thing and a very fancy ghostbusters toy car, im sure if my parents had more money to spoil me i would've dressed like that.
it was the 90s tho

what are some 2010'score films that would be fetishized over 30 years from now? or does this decade lack a defining characteristic

>i was born in 84

Yeah, so you wouldn't fucking know you mongoloid faggot.

There are multiple retirement homes now intentionally styled to look like 1950s communities

It's supposed to be beneficial to Alzheimer's and dementia patients for some reason

There is a reason all these 80s and 90s shit is being remade and constantly referenced.

The 2010s are completely and utterly barren of culture or relevance.

Twenty years from now every kid will be wearing Drive jackets like they wore Starter jackets in the 90's.

stranger things is for Sup Forums man babies

If that actually happens I will admit Donald made America great again.

so true.
Literally everything so far from this decade is a remake or nostalgia in some way.

like stranger things, or pokemon go

I miss those.

Who is Frasier for?

I just watched this too and I spent the entire trailer repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 10 seconds it was so painful.

>Ayy 80s pandering lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

Probably Wes Anderson films.

Who actually became popular in music this decade?

Because Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Drake, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, they're all from the '00s