Is this the best movie ever made?

Is this the best movie ever made?

Only if you're the biggest pleb ever made
It is pretty good though

This is the movie that everyone says is great but only half of them have seen the movie

>This

>women have to carry the children for 9 months
>women bear the pain of child birth
>children of men

Bravo chauvinists

it was pretty good

its cool but not even top 20 worthy

all of that is inconsequential compared to a man's duties and responsibilities

the baby scene always brings a tear to my eye, as if the innocence and miracle of the child calms the rage in everyone for a few minuites

No, it's total shit.

Fart jokes? Fucking really?

Then when the baby is born, instead of just seizing it and the mother immediately, the soldiers all stand down and act as if they have witnessed the birth of Christ.

Absolutely fucking retarded. A total shit movie that doesn't even take it's own premise seriously.

Oh, and the main character died for nothing.

Truly, a scene no women can understand.

I think you might have autism, Satan. Because that's EXACTLY what would happen.

>as if the innocence and miracle of the child calms the rage in everyone for a few minuites

And that would literally never happen in a world that was completely devoid of new births.

The soldiers would mediately capture the woman and her child and bring her in for study.

You know... for the whole SURVIVAL OF THE FUCKING HUMAN RACE thing.

Stupid. Just plain fucking stupid.

It's a stereotypical british film thats for sure
Cucked white man
Tons of fucking militant commies

and a nigger is the "future"

good shit

>The soldiers would mediately capture the woman and her child and bring her in for study.

They were too shocked to do anything, at least in the short term, then someone in the building opened fire and it was back to businesses.

>Because that's EXACTLY what would happen.

No it wouldn't you incredibly dumb cunt.

Aside from the premise, which itself is totally fucking stupid, the main idea is that humanity is going infertile for some unknown reason.

Taking the woman into custody immediately would be their first priority. They would need to know why she was so special.

>They were too shocked to do anything

Why would they be shocked? That's retarded. It was all just a plot contrivance. It had only been a few years since the last birth. People know about people giving birth. It's not something new.

>Aside from the premise, which itself is totally fucking stupid, the main idea is that humanity is going infertile for some unknown reason.

Again, you literally have autism. You need every element of a story to be plausible?

>Why would they be shocked?

First live birth in 20 years? Yes, they(and you) would be shocked to the point of inaction, at least for a few moments. Any longer and yes, the solders would have attempted to seize the mother and baby.

I think you are underestimating the power a newborn would have on people
People are losing their mind and morality as they are facing extinction of the species. Virtually no one there had ever seen a baby, even irl a baby has a certain power on sane humans, they calm us, soothe us.

?
Everyone in the west has embraced the extinction of their race, noone there gives a fuck
Why would this be any different

Cuarón treats this exaggerated state of the world as a genre exercise. Cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezski does long Steadicam takes through bombed-out neighborhoods and on motorway shoot-outs that resemble the surreally distanced, uninterrupted viewpoint of a videogame. But these show-offy sequences come 16 years after Scorsese and De Palma pioneered them in GoodFellas and Bonfire of the Vanities. They’re done to impress, yet are so slow and stagey that they’re portentous. Children of Men never explains how the world got this way and so its dread is convincingly sophomoric—as is Theo’s reluctant heroism.

The political antipathy of Iraq war protestors and War on Terror skeptics is what drives this pretentious action flick. It panders to a decadent yearning for apocalypse as if to confirm recent fear and resentment about loss of political power. V for Vendetta’s mistake was not recognizing that a sense of self-righteous self-annihilation was the new mood. And Cuarón, a true hack, is nothing if not market-savvy. His dystopia evokes the zombie film 28 Days Later, then jacks things up to resemble Elem Klimov’s disasters of war in Come and See.

Children of Men is only deep on its surface. Cuarón cannot edit scenes for rhythm or real feeling, which is what separates his eschatological set pieces from the wit of Spielberg’s War of the Worlds and Minority Report or Paul Verhoeven’s Starship Troopers—films that treated the experience of social collapse as personal, rather than a game.
Fact is, Children of Men is too smug to be Orwellian or even satirical. Cuarón combines dread and lack of affect, then gets sentimental. Note his maudlin final shot of a ship christened “Tomorrow”; it ought to expose Cuarón to fans who think this film’s visual style is superior to Apocalypto or Minority Report. Those movies had genuine breadth and excitement; Children of Men is delusionary.

It was like 2 decades. Wasn't there a whole news bit about the youngest person on earth being killed and he was like 19 or 20.

Not too far fetched to expect people to be shocked by seeing a newborn.

>Again, you literally have autism.

Not an argument, Captain Autism.

>You need every element of a story to be plausible?

In this case it should be.

>Yes, they(and you) would be shocked to the point of inaction,

No, that's just fucking retarded and it ruins an already bad movie.

>I think you are underestimating the power a newborn would have on people

The survival of the human race would depend on finding out what made that woman so special. The soldier would have grabbed her and the baby on the spot. That's their whole purpose and mission in life. To say otherwise is foolish, and that's why this movie is so fucking terrible.

Among other things

>has embraced the extinction of their race
if that was true why do we go to work, chase after material pleasure, procreation, have stable social structures...etc

humans have not faced extinction on that apparent level before and if/when we do I would expect worldwide anarchy. social systems would break down and the immorality of those type of people would shine forth

>The survival of the human race would depend on finding out what made that woman so special
you think normal grunts in a battle are thinking about the long term of the species.
everyone was memorized by the child, none of them would have ever even seen a baby before.

>you think normal grunts in a battle are thinking about the long term of the species.

Yes because that was their mission.

>Yes because that was their mission.
have you even watched this movie.
they were there to fuck up guerilla terrorists in a refugee camp, not save the human species.
No one but the terrorist group new she was preggo ffs
Remember the whole world has gone fucked up in an apocalypse, britain is the only country with social structures still intact. Those soldiers were just grunts, probably conscripts.

>A nigglet is the future of mankind

Go back to your cuck worship European scum

>In this case it should be.

Why?

>made by a mexican

If you come from Sup Forums, then its shit.

If youre not a social failure, its a solid 10.

I saw this in theaters... most of you plebs are too young to be able to boast about that

>wit of Spielberg’s War of the Worlds

You were going quite well, right until here. Have a (you).

This is Armond, isn't it?

>If you come from Reddit, it's a solid 10

ftfy

Children of men has been a 10/10 since I saw it in the cinema back in 2006.

I dont use reddit, but isnt that website younger than Children of men?

Its better than most shit posted here

No its the fedora pasta autist who pretends to be him

I wish things were as extreme IRL as they are in-universe

Right now they just suck but there's no shitskin discontent/concenctration camps or anything yet which sucks even more because without that things will just go on forever without collapsing, at least with the sudden collapse a slow white genocide can be prevented

Nope.

Yes.

It's a shame its been redditized, so you'll have blank faced, meme spouting autists come in and shit this thread up.

But, yes.

Fuck off shill. Your movie is shit. Deal with it and go back to sucking mustafas cock.

>If you come from Sup Forums, then its shit.
im fomo Sup Forums and i really enjoyed the bexhill parts. especially the part with the horde of muslims shooting aks in the air and allah akbaring down the street in a brititsh town.

and then the RAF airstriking the place.

if you're an imdb discipline shore

It's not even the best of its year.

Soldiers are humans too, not some big bad robot police squad that would immediately seize a baby upon sight.
They're people in the middle of a fucking war and all of a sudden some nigress with a baby comes walking down stairs. They're shocked.

I'm only taking the bait because of my feelings for that scene.

When the soldiers (of both sides) hear the cry of the child and see it with their own eyes and the fighting stops so the child can be witnessed was one of the most powerful scenes in modern cinema. It blows my mind every single time.

Think about it. There hasn't been a single child born anywhere on Earth for two decades, half those soldiers could probably hardly remember what an infant looked or sounded like. A world that is only full of violence and with no future was interrupted by a small glimpse at hope, and in that context, they all witnessed a miracle.

What did she name the kid again? Was it something stupid like Tyreese?

>They're shocked.
And? Being shocked suddenly means you throw out everything else you know so you can just fall to your knees and worship a baby?

Well atleast now we know how the world fell into ruin to begin with, everyone was worshiping babies.

No.
next question

>And? Being shocked suddenly means you throw out everything else you know
Yes, that's exactly what being shocked is. It seems you don't understand some basic aspects of human psychology.

i think she tells clive owen shes gonna name it after his dead kid. or maybe the dead wife. im pretty sure naming it "bazooka" was a joke.

it is a telltale sign of autism

no but it is the best movie made in this century

No, it is the worst movie ever made. I liked the the idea of the plot, but it was so poorly executed that I wanted to kill myself.

agreed

>Our world is doomed! Women can no longer produce children. Society is collapsing. I don't know how much longer we can hold out...
>Wait!!! We found a fertile woman!! She's even PREGNANT!!!!
>Really?!?!? Who is it?
>That black woman over there!
>Oh... How could things have gotten WORSE?

IF ITS BROWN, FLUSH IT DOWN EVEN IF ITS A MIRACLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What