What was the point of the scene in which Anton Chigurh gets into a car crash and then bribes some kids for their...

What was the point of the scene in which Anton Chigurh gets into a car crash and then bribes some kids for their silence? What is that supposed to tell us about him?

he is still yuman

I guess you missed the part where he had a bone sticking out of his arm. Not exactly in shape to chase two brats down the street.

That he's not the agent of chaos and chance he sees himself as and still at their mercy, just like everyone else

this.

Was there meant to be some significance in the fact that the college dudes wanted money from Llewellyn in exchange for their jacket but the kids wanted nothing for their shirt?

Who? I never saw him. He was already gone.

What is the significance of this image? What does it mean?

Maybe it means that the older you get the more selfish you become because of how much the world fucks with you. In general that's how it is, there's still plenty of selfish kids with shitty parents though.

Did he kill the accountant?

Just showing off the Coen's knack for framing a and Deakins ability to help them realise their vision.

I'll still never understand these grids though.

You can make even the most dogshit films look artistic and of high craft with selective shots.

They don't really establish or prove anything.

That depends. Did he see him?

I love cinegrids because I love looking at beautiful pictures.

amen brotrher

Coens just wanted an excuse to cast some kids and get one to take his shirt off

k.

This to be honest

is this the cinegrid thread?

yese

Solid 5/10 movie.

I get the message it was driving home with Bell, I just wasn't into it. Removing the humanity of your leads in an attempt to sell human philosophy in the final act is a strange gambit, and one that didn't pay off IMO.

1. He's just a human (even though the shoot-out with Llewelyn pretty much established that)
2. It was a tease. When the viewer finally thinks Anton will pay for his actions by dying or getting arrested, he just fucking walks away.

So you're saying there's no country for old men?

the irony of an unstoppable killer being at the mercy of random events

moreso that he uses this randomness to decide peoples fate

>

what's the significance of the lower left frame?

God crashed his car

>Step out of the car, Plissar

Dude.

I think this is the last movie I actually enjoyed going to see in the movie theatre, I didn't care about anything else but the movie.

That and he pays them to stay quiet because he just committed an murder a few houses down from where he crashed and the car he was driving was stolen.

Definitely the most visually compelling Harry Potter

Listen, friendo, I am not "still yuman".

>blows up user's brains with cattle gun.

Looks like the cinematographer was hungover throughout the film's production, but what can you expect from one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises.

Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

The fuck are you talking about, the Dubledor-Voldemort battle was the single greatest piece of magical warfare the screen has ever seen.