/mlb/ General
News:
The fucking World Series starts on Tuesday
HOU: Astros in the fucking World Series
LAD: Dodgers in the fucking World Series
BAL: check out this Earl Weaver interview: youtube.com/watch?v=QWQbN0jFo_k
ALL OTHER TEAMS: No one gives a fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

sports.theonion.com/florida-marlins-delay-game-until-their-fan-shows-up-1819571683
youtube.com/watch?v=BRH0BBgqJMM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dubs and astros become the first team to lose their first two world series in sweep

Astros are gonna win 4-1 to the Dodgers its not even funny

Are the Astros /ourteam/ ?

Who are your top 5 GM's in baseball right now?

Friedman/Zaidi
Luhnow
Hahn
Stearns
Cashman

so................ is anybody even going to watch the World's Eries?

>ALL OTHER TEAMS: No one gives a fuck
More like
LAD : no one gives a fuck
HOU : no one gives a fuck

um yes?

of course
oh wait this was a post making fun of how shitty yankees fans are

yes, I'm watching all 4 games

I've seen a lot of people start wearing astros shirts and hats in the last few weeks, never seen it happen before

good OP

how do we fix dingerball? the japs still play smallball, I miss it. the astros do it pretty well too.

Justin Turner for MVP
Puig for Gold Glove
Kershaw for CY Young
BellinGOD for Rookie of the Year

Doyers 2017 Worlds Eeries Champions

its happening

>bored
>can't watch baseball because there is none
>when there will be baseball, it will be a 4 hour snooze fest between the astros and doyers

i feel so tired

Sup Forumsstros!

same man, very same

are they gonna wear them Sup Forums?

My heart says Astros in 7
My head says Dodgers in 6

Home runs are by far the most efficient way of scoring, to play small ball (unless you're exceptionally fast and lack power) just doesn't make sense

It's all ogre lad

>there will never be a rebuild using sprinters who just bunt all the time

I can't wait for Adrian Beltre to go into the Hall of Fame as a Red Sox :)

>Tigers have needed bullpen help for years
>Traded Chad Green, one of the top relievers in baseball, while he was in the minors for Justin fucking Wilson
Really makes you think.

>no team of 3 foot tall sprinters with a shoebox size strike zone
>no walk stolen base bunt meme team
why even live?

So pumped to be the new even-year team

>best hitting core in mlb vs best pitching core in mlb
>verlander vs kershaw
>turner vs altuve
>snoozefest
You don't actually watch baseball do you?

Is this basically a battle between Whites and Mexicans?

Yeah, White (Hispanic) Texas vs Mexican California

It's going to be a snoozefest when the Astros shit ass bullpen comes in

ALL MLB FIRST TEAM 2017 (by WAR according to fangraphs)

C. Gary Sanchez
1B. Joey Votto
2B. Jose Altuve
3B. Anthony Rendon
SS. Francisco Lindor
LF. Tommy Pham
CF. Mike Trout
RF. Aaron Judge
SP. Chris Sale

ALL MLB SECOND TEAM 2017 (by WAR according to fangraphs)

C. Buster Posey
1B. Paul Goldschmidt
2B. Jose Ramirez (split season between 3rd base and 2nd base)
3B. Kris Bryant
SS. Corey Seager
LF. Justin Upton
CF. Charlie Blackmon
RF. Giancarlo Stanton
SP. Corey Kluber

should they just have a All-WAR game instead of league vs. league?

"no"

>Judge
>Sanchez
/MLB/ BTFO

>Tommy Pham

LITERALLY fucking who

also I find it really hard to believe that Gary "Butterfingers" Fatchez is worth more than posey

WAR is how more they're worth than the replacement player, not the average

FG game him the edge for defense and baserunning

and thus I find it hard to believe that Gary "Butterfingers" Fatchez is worth more than a replacement player than Posey is, same thing

He was worth .1 more WAR than Posey

And yeah, Phampai plays for the Cardinals, had a breakout year with an OBP well over .400

>fagWAR

ah

though to be fair it's the same story in bWAR. guess posey must have had a terrible defensive year because 0.4 dWAR is his second-lowest career mark

Sanchez's WAA (Wins Above Average) is higher than Posey's, and remember that Sanchez missed a month too. It really amazes me how you guys will ignore statistics because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Not the whole games. I'm happy I can finally go to bed at a reasonable hour. Though the 5pm games last week were quite excellent

why the fuck would you insult the war calculation as though didn't literally say "by WAR according to fangraphs"

god save us from the fucking leafs

There's been an uptick in retarded ass casuals lately. Just yesterday someone was arguing that McCann was a better defensive player than Sanchez, despite the metrics stating otherwise. His only argument was "Dude Sanchez dropped the ball lmao"

I think sale's strikeouts hurdled him above kluber for the calculation but IMO kluber was certainly better

Do you think Adrian Beltre will reach 500 home runs before he retires?

redpill: barry bonds was actually good

he's been hitting 23 a season over the past five years, which is lower than his career average of 27 a season

but, surprisingly, similar hitters in their age-39 seasons also have 27 per season on average, so maybe if he ekes out two more complete seasons

yeah he was

>sports.theonion.com/florida-marlins-delay-game-until-their-fan-shows-up-1819571683
kek

>fagWAR

pretty sure we've agreed on this before, and I didn't see it, I'm so fucking sorry, jeez man don't be so grumpy

I honestly couldn't tell whether that was ironic or not

you're right, i guess i should have known better than to expect a leaf to be able to read

what narrative? I said I found it hard to believe, not that I disregard it because I don't think it's right. I still don't get the distinction between thinking x player is worth more than y player and thinking x player is worth more above replacement or average than y player, you're talking about relative value either way.

haha a frikkin leaf xd amirite bois

What are the positive and negative traits of the following:

Anthony Rizzo

Anthony Rendon

Anthony Recker

Just going to stop you there and let you know that I didn't read your posts whatsoever. The flag helped me assess that it would be a waste of my time, so I thought I'd let you know that a lot more people will probably be following suite.

thanks for letting me know

What days should I take off next week for the Dodgers WS parade?

You are all now remembering Lastings Milledge.

>he didnt last
>barely gave any team any mileage

this parade? youtube.com/watch?v=BRH0BBgqJMM

ur mom bitch lol

What did Puig mean by this?

How big of an upset would it be if the Astros won the WS?

Not that big.

ur mom bitch

It's a best of seven against two really talented teams, the odds are basically even between them. Dodgers are deeper but that doesn't mean that they'll win.

>There are asstros "fans" on this board right now that unironically think their team stands a chance against the DODGERS.

>beat up the joke of a league known as NL
>while the astros have to survive the AL and have to beat the hardest division in baseball

Give me five (5 (cinco (00101))) GOOD reasons why the dodgers wont win the eries?

Leave the asstros to me

dubs decide what team hat i buy

expos

Dodgers World Series

>AL West
>Hard
Houston was the only team in that division with a winning record. Meanwhile the NL West had 3 playoff teams

i don't care the team wither its minor league or not

only verlander's start(s). after seeing his penis i feel some sort of connection to him

wear it proud

wow, didn't realize this was so lopsided

What should my team be Sup Forums? This postseason has got me into MLB for the first time. I live in SD but growing up my step dad was a Braves fan which made me want to be one.

what's been most exciting to you so far?

>What should my team be Sup Forums?

Select the team with the player who has the most feminine body.

Support your local team, the dads

I never really gave it a chance until now. I find the game itself and its rules intriguing. More technical than I ever gave it credit for. A big thing I like is how (at least this postseason) games ending in blowouts can totally go the other way around the next day.

Ever since New York got knocked out and we avoided the Pay to Win bandwagon cancer series?
Yes.

Damn straight, just need 2 starting pitchers who aren't garbage, and unfuck the bullpen, and that second ring is coming in 18'

oh, hell yeah. the minutiae of baseball is a fuckin art form

have you been to a game at petco yet? i would try that first, maybe see if opening day gets you fired up

reroll

got the other angle for that hit with the smug fan at the end?

Odd digit confirms Dodgers win WS
Even digit confirms Astros win WS

>cash man
>good
Literally Chernoff beats them all

Odd digit confirms Astros Win 2017 WS
Even digit confirms Dodgers Lose 2017 WS

Yeah I've gone about four times I believe. This season I went to a Padres Dodgers game and I really enjoyed that but it was before I was actually getting into the game. For sure I'll be going to a few next season w/ the Grandma cause she's part of the reason I'm into it now

FUCK

At least Lackey can take getting homered off of with dignity.

Kershaw? Not so much.

ce

Definitely go with the Padres. You already have that hometown connection and some experience going to their games. Do it for your granny