Spurs new stadium MUCH BETTER than Arsenal's

Spurs new stadium MUCH BETTER than Arsenal's

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5vBajEyCGt4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_International_Series#Game_history
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>he fell for the proximity meme

Still won't win a league

And both teams will still win the same amount of trophies at their new stadiums.

When will they learn

desu at least Arsenal won like 3 FA cups in 4 years while Tottenham despite having a much better squad and especially manager won the CL qualification trophy they used to mock Arsenal with.

Arsenal fucked up massively with their stadium. They appear to have built it in some sort of mysterious void in which all sound is muffled.

It's genuinely louder just outside the stadium than it is inside it. All of the noise just drifts right out

>muh proximity

youtube.com/watch?v=5vBajEyCGt4

this makes me very erekt

1. It's an NFL stadium
2. It's shit

They have that shit in Arizona at the Cardinals' stadium. It's pretty cool, they can grow the real grass outside, and then move it inside the closed indoor stadium.

>all that fokin mess to host a few nfl games nobody gives a shit about
lmao all for the shekels

what a fucking waste of time, space and money

if levy really cares about pandering to clueless NFL plastics, just make them play on grass

It looks good but the supporters aren't proximate to the pitch.

it will host many a legendary europa league night.

This looks scary. I'm glad we have sterile atmospheres in England now.

>waste of money
You're unbelievably stupid. If it didn't make them money, they wouldn't do it.

That must have cost millions, I don't know when will they see some monetary return from that. Who the fuck cares about handegg in europe anyway?

What rollercoaster ride is that?

There's a very real possibility that they'll have an NFL team based in that stadium in the next few years.

>There's a very real possibility that they'll have an NFL team based in that stadium in the next few years.
0 possibility

>NFL attendances dropping rapidly
>NFL games always do well in the UK
>UK government wants it
>NFL wants it
>Opens up European NFL market
>NFL training facility opening in London

Spurs wouldn't be doing this for the sake of one or two games a season.

im all for a team in london
jax could use a better home
it might also work in berlin as well

> NFL team based in that stadium in the next few years.
They voted leave, FOR THIS?

Who's going to be the first player to shatter their ankle on a gap in the pitch?

>Implying the London Bulldogs won't be the best team in the NFL

>NFL games always do well in the UK
Because they're a novelty. London is a massive city but I doubt you'll be able to find 1,000 people who are actually interested in NFL, let alone 60,000.

You know that if they did put a team in london, they would be given all the advantages just to prove that it was a good idea and will be basically be given a superbowl win

Doubt that, aren't there like 200k burgers living in the UK? You'll only need 30k to fill a 60k stadium.

>Opens up European NFL market
there already was an european 'nfl' years ago, guess how well it did

>You'll only need 30k to fill a 60k stadium.
Your maths is a bit off there

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_International_Series#Game_history

>Average attendance over 80,000 with four games a year

If a team moved here full time, you're only looking at eight games plus playoffs and fans would feel more connection to a London franchise. I don't care either way but the NFL cares about money more than anything else.

>im so uninterested im gonna go to a game
woof

That's a second rate NFL, just like the CFL, not a team competing in the actual league.

>eight games plus playoffs
what a waste of money

>and fans would feel more connection to a London franchise
Are NFL fans really that fairweather that they'd ditch whatever team they currently support (because any NFL fan here already would have a team) just because another one is closer?

What do you mean? Are uk burgers so fat that 20k of them would fill a 60k stadium?
When will they stop eating?

I wouldn't, I'm a Broncos fan but I'd still want to see a British team do well.

Why is it a handegg field with a retractable football pitch on top? Shouldn't be the other way round? Surely it's easier to make the retractable surface artificial.

Why don't they play handegg on grass?

that was the european 'nfl', and it had a lot of commercial push all over the eu for some time and it went to shit as expected

the interest is simply not there and the percentage of local players is almost inexistant

do u know how much it cost to go to a game here in the us?

Gotta have the grass on top to have access to sunlight and grow

Then leave the handegg field retracted all the time except whenever there is a NFL game. There are only 16 NFL games a season while there are over double that many PL games. Surely it makes more sense for the "standard" turf to be the one that is being used the most.

the waste of money is about the retractable pitch not about game tickets

in theory yes, but they are not going to leave the artificial pitch always there for 8 games per season

they could make the artificial retractable and only put it on right before the games/practice

>Then leave the handegg field retracted all the time
Need double the amount of space then

Soccer on top of NFL? Sounds like the sports are right where they should be.

It's not a waste of money at all, at least not from Spurs point of view. They will be receiving many many shekels from the NFL for this and bringing down the cost of the stadium to them

Around half the NFL teams have grass at their home stadium already.

I assume the Spurs chose artificial turf since it's easier to manage, and they won't need the NFL setup often enough to bother with maintaining a proper turf.

Brett Emerton

What exactly would be British about it?

How exactly do they plan on introducing this new British team into the current NFL system? Will they relocate one of the current teams? Will they just create a new one from scratch and kick out one of the current teams? Will they be a 33rd team that other teams just randomly play?

all businesses have great plans, and most of them go to shit

I'm sure their numbers check out but wouldn't be surprised if it all (nfl team and retractile grass pitch) ended up being a an expensive failure

The football experience in the Olympia Stadion is awful though right because of the vast space between stands and pitch due to the track et al.

i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't daniel levy who invested in it, the guy is so good with money his nose has a nose.

It would have to be a relocation, wouldn't they need to add 7 more teams to even up the two leagues in terms of teams? The simplest thing is to relocate a team there.

Except that the NFL is contractually obliged to fulfil NFL matches at the stadium for the next 10 years

see

>world's first
saitama super arena better

>a few nfl games nobody gives a shit about

Do you have any idea how popular the NFL is in the UK right now?

Yeah, a relocation is the only way, probably the Jaguars.

There's 3 teams in Florida right now already, the Jags have been the 'home team' for Wembley so far, they're moderately popular (but then so are all teams in London), they're not doing brilliant where they are at the moment anyway AND they're starting a big new training facility in London already.

The UK government and NFL are itching to get a relocation done and set shit up because the UK games are sellout crowds every single time and it makes an enormous amount of money for both parties. The shit a few decades ago failed but it's not the same as a proper NFL team setting up shop, the logistics are entirely workable for it and there is genuinely a significant and growing base of NFL fans in the UK, growing especially at universities. The BUAFL is bretty big nowadays.

No-one gives a shit. People may watch the Super Bowl or watch an American football game in Wembley or Twickenham because it's a novelty, but they don't truly care about the sport. A London-based NFL team will probably do well enough to survive seeing as they only need to play a few games every year, but this is not going to be something that will suddenly ignite a passion for American football in the UK. Women's football probably has more of a following in this country.

I can't stand the thought of relocating, I just feel bad for the Jacksonville fans who are going to have to support a team half the world away and will lose a lot.

NFL here is literally all hipsters who go for the Instagram credit

It's just hipsters and other similar retards. It's like all the posh mongs at unnayy watching the super bowl at 3am for the add and half time shit. It's trendy but no one actually follows the sport.

I still don't get why they insist on having the big matches like world cup and CL finals at olympic stadiums with running tracks.

>wait 11 years
>make stadium
>haaaa its better than your 11 year old stadium

Good job little yids

Don't feel bad. American teams aren't like European teams. The fans don't care for the club in the same way that European fans do. If their team starts doing poorly, they'll just stop caring about them.

i actually met quite a few real nfl fans when i went to last year's game at wembley

It's basically to us what soccer is in the us. A few actual fans and a lot of bandwagoners doing it because it's trendy amongst the social media crowd

if the team relocates its because nobody in their current city gave a shit about them enough for them to avoid bankruptcy court in the first place.

Probably something to do with the weight of the retractable pitch fucking up the grass or something

I love it when Japan does bantz

If NFL was as popular here as football is in the US, we would be having 12k average attendances in a regular gridiron league.

Remember to tune in to BHAFC vs Crystal Palace late November to dispel this big-6-centric myth
many a toe-rag will behave poorly

>building your stadium just in time for the handegg sport to fail due to whites not bothering to watch anymore

spurs not 'the spurs', tottenham aren't nfl yet

>the most plastic derby in the PL this season

gonna go ahead and assume you know nothing about it
do you have a quota of meme words you need to make each day?

>a derby that only started in the 70s
It's the fakest derby there is.

you're right, no one gets fucking mental and wound up about it and no atmosphere is produced according to the animosity, the only possible derby is tight geographically and in effect since the formation of the football league ;p

you seem jealous

>real football fans from the lower leagues
>you
pick one

Not any scarier than men that punch players while holding their children.