SSPEXIT - Modern Catholic Schism HAPPENING

>catholicnews.com/services/englishnews/2016/sspx-head-claims-pope-is-encouraging-error.cfm

>The Society of Saint Pius X
>does not seek a canonical recognition
>DOES NOT SEEK A CANONICAL RECOGNITION

Catholic Church just lost another large sect.

dici.org/en/news/communique-from-the-superior-general/

They actually did it. THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

Nothing new about it, they've already been excomunicated in the past, and probably will be again soon. It's not an happening

1.In the great and painful confusion that currently reigns in the Church, the proclamation of Catholic doctrine requires the denunciation of errors that have made their way into it and are unfortunately encouraged by a large number of pastors, including the Pope himself.

Up until today actually they were still in talks to rejoin the Canonical Orders.

They just declared Roman Catholics to ve full Heresy senpai

>tfw want to join the Catholic church but don't like the rampant cuckening that is occurring within it.
What do senpai

2. The Society of Saint Pius X, in the present state of grave necessity which gives it the right and duty to administer spiritual aid to the souls that turn to it, does not seek primarily a canonical recognition, to which it has a right as a Catholic work. It has only one desire: faithfully to bring the light of the bi-millennial Tradition which shows the only route to follow in this age of darkness in which the cult of man replaces the worship of God, in society as in the Church.
The “restoration of all things in Christ” intended by Saint Pius

Same here familia.

I just got baptized and the Pope turns around and tells me to be super nice and welcoming to gay people... and ti apologize. Wat?

I'm not apologizing to them.

3. The “restoration of all things in Christ” intended by Saint Pius X, following Saint Paul (cf. Ep.h 1:10), cannot happen without the support of a Pope who concretely favors the return to Sacred Tradition. While waiting for that blessed day, the Society of Saint Pius X intends to redouble its efforts to establish and to spread, with the means that Divine Providence gives to it, the social reign of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

4. The Society of Saint Pius X prays and does penance for the Pope, that he might have the strength to proclaim Catholic faith and morals in their entirety. In this way he will hasten the triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary that we earnestly desire as we approach the centennial of the apparitions in Fatima.

This is great news. I always liked the SSPX and I'm glad to hear they're not being cucked by Frankie.

Find a more traditional church. Individual priests tend to be less cucked than the higher ups (the worst of which are dying off anyway).

They are so close to being full schismatic right now.

anti-pope when?

I wonder if they'll becoming even more accepting of the Sedevecantist position. Many of their members already are.

If this happens I will convert

You would join SSPX?

I'm Catholic but I just can't fathom leaving the Church and potentially being excommunicated.

Then again, I feel like the Pope/Church has turned its back on us.

...I don't know.

Churches will crumble but Islam shall prosper

For now they still pray to and for the Pope, they just refuse a lot of his direction.

The pope is mortal. just wait 20 years and there will be a new one

Remember that it IS The Jubilee Year of Mercy and Francis has followed that right down the line.

All of his statements throughout the year have backed that up.

I was raised Catholic, and I never felt more at home in a Church than when I attended an Orthodox liturgy, and I don't even understand Slavonic. I'm no longer a Christian, but the beauty and solace of their liturgy blows the normal form mass out of the water.

>SSPX
>new

Whatever you say, Count Da Money.

I'm not entirely sure on all the details, but this is my understanding: Archbishop Lefebvre signed on to all the Vatican II documents but as the liturgical reforms in the 60s and 70s progressed, wanted to form a priestly society to ensure that the traditional mass was preserved (many think he was rather prescient on this point).

Everything was kosher with the Vatican, but Lefebvre wanted to ensure that he could appoint his own successor as head of the Society for when he died. The Vatican agreed to this, but there were a lot of tensions in the 70s and apparently Lefebvre didn't trust that his wishes would be adhered to (again, something that some people think he was prescient about), and in 1988 ordained four bishops without approval from the Holy See. This got him and the four bishops excommunicated by Pope St. John Paul II. In 2009 the excommunications were lifted from the four bishops, but sadly Archbishop Lefebvre died in a state of excommunication (pray for him!).

At some point a bunch of priests split off from the SSPX because they wanted to be regularized, and they formed the FSSP, which agreed to all the conditions asked of them by the Vatican, while still having the same mission of preserving the traditional mass. The FSSP went through all the red tape and commissions and now they're all good with the Vatican.
Those conditions which still keep the SSPX from being regularized, as I understand it, is just full assent to everything laid out in Vatican II- particularly certain "controversial" or "dissonant" passages on ecumenism and other religions. Essentially, the SSPX wants to maintain the right to say that certain elements of Vatican II (which they assert was a pastoral council and did not define anything dogmatically) were erroneous. Obviously, the current power structures in the Church have a lot invested in VII and being publicly (and basically founded on being) critical of the Council isn't exactly acceptable.

With all that said, Pope Francis recognizes that the SSPX are comprised by and large of faithful Catholics who love the Church. And since he isn't too preoccupied with the nuances of doctrine or licaity, seems totally willing to just regularize the SSPX to get rid of the disunity and ignore the whole controversy over Vatican II having certian erroneous elements. However, since the SSPX are big on the nuances of doctrine and licaity, Bishop Fellay doesn't want to ignore that core controversy, and here we are.

BAMP