Doesnt collapse despite at least 30 years of "scholars" and "experts" predicting that it would

>doesnt collapse despite at least 30 years of "scholars" and "experts" predicting that it would.
>2nd largest economy in GDP terms and world largest economy in PPP-terms.
>income doubles, triples, quadruples; overtaking eastern europeans, greeks etc. last year with no end in sight.
>despite being called unimaginative commie-insects, making scientific breakthroughs in the cutting edge fields, such as quantum science, establishing quantum satellites and trans-country networks, operating the fastest super-computers.
>society very entrepreneurship-minded, according to MIT tech review have the most innovative companies with effective business model behind the US (and that, only because of California), more than "traditional high tech countries" like Germany (two) and Japan (zero)
>despite naysayers, economy does in fact not depend on "selling cheap shit" anymore, but its service sector is now largest part of the economy, while still retaining a strong manufacturing base that is increasingly producing high-value goods.
>militarily rising, building carriers, warships and fighters like hotcakes and with 100% indigenously reproducible technologies making them 100% independent of tech blockade
>together with Russia, plays the US POTUS like a fiddle

That country just cant be stopped.

Other urls found in this thread:

technologyreview.com/lists/companies/2017/
businessinsider.com.au/chinas-services-sector-now-the-largest-part-of-the-economy-is-chugging-along-nicely-2017-2
pcworld.com/article/3194574/hardware/china-adds-a-quantum-computer-to-high-performance-computing-arsenal.html
sciencemag.org/news/2017/06/china-s-quantum-satellite-achieves-spooky-action-record-distancehttps://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/10/china-uses-quantum-satellite-to-transmit-potentially-unhackable-data.html
nationalpost.com/news/canada/u-s-gets-canadian-help-to-take-on-china-in-supercomputer-race-a-perfect-world-for-d-wave
nytimes.com/2017/08/26/world/europe/greece-china-piraeus-alexis-tsipras.html?mcubz=1
unz.com/article/chinas-financial-debt-everything-you-know-is-wrong/
reuters.com/article/us-saudi-china/saudis-may-seek-funding-in-chinese-yuan-idUSKCN1B413R
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can't wait for them to take over.

>can't be stopped
>runaway debt

thought germans were smart

Some more:

>diplomatically successfull, despite all the naysayers, have achieved transcontinental integration with the New Silk Road/Belt and Road Project
>Acquisitions of western harbours and trade-posts highly successful, Piraeus in Greece operates on all time high and single-handedly saves the Greek household
>Splits the EU apart because economically so powerful and all depend on them, so that West EU cannot even push through a joint declaration against their human right problems because Eastern EU members are in their pockets already
>US-containment basically failed, SCS is dominated by China uncontested, USN destroyers sink themselves or run into tankers
>enemies and rivals like Philippines and Japan have to concede to them because of their own powerlessness
>domestic dissidents and seccessionists are busy making themselves into laughing stocks ie. Staple-Gate/identity politics
>Taiwanese pro-independent party is has only 30% support because shit economy and scandals resulting from bad relationship with China

inb4 t.Zhang

This is all I can gather from observation alone.

source:

technologyreview.com/lists/companies/2017/
businessinsider.com.au/chinas-services-sector-now-the-largest-part-of-the-economy-is-chugging-along-nicely-2017-2
pcworld.com/article/3194574/hardware/china-adds-a-quantum-computer-to-high-performance-computing-arsenal.html
sciencemag.org/news/2017/06/china-s-quantum-satellite-achieves-spooky-action-record-distancehttps://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/10/china-uses-quantum-satellite-to-transmit-potentially-unhackable-data.html
nationalpost.com/news/canada/u-s-gets-canadian-help-to-take-on-china-in-supercomputer-race-a-perfect-world-for-d-wave
nytimes.com/2017/08/26/world/europe/greece-china-piraeus-alexis-tsipras.html?mcubz=1

Kremlinbots hard at work.

Debts are indeed an issue, but their nature is different compared to our debts.

Just one word: State owned Banks.

unz.com/article/chinas-financial-debt-everything-you-know-is-wrong/

You mean,

Zhongnanhai-bots hard at work.

China will never be able to reach the american standard of living. The world simply cannot support it. So sure they can be powerful but the average chinese still lives a pretty impoverished lifestyle. As the chinese attempt to build thier middle class, american companies will pull out and find a different shithole to make their shit. Same thing happened to Japan

America already has pulled out their cheap producers from China, since their wages are already too high for the razor thin margins that they operate on.

Instead, Chinese manufacturing is producing higher value added goods and attracts investments because they have the perfect infrastructure and the rare case of possessing the entire production chain for any product due to their own solid manufacturing base.

A look at their exports would tell you that. Not clothes or toys, but computer parts are their forte now.

that's even worse. Private debt is part of a health free market. Public debt is always tied to corruption.

Not a problem when you control your own central banks and your currency.

Also very significant that I forgot to mention:

reuters.com/article/us-saudi-china/saudis-may-seek-funding-in-chinese-yuan-idUSKCN1B413R

>Saudis may seek funding in Chinese yuan

Regime change in 3...2..1...

taboo subject, the official doctrine being, "communism never worked", "is something works, it is not real communism", "if something doesn't work, it is real communism"

But those jobs will eventually leave too once they become wealthier. Then they'll have to look somewhere else as the worlds largest consumer and i don't believe that the world can support that much need. The world has already been trashed with 2 billion rich consumers on it nevertheless another 1.8 billion

That's one of my collages.

I've expanded it since then.

Cool, but use some up-to-date pictures of chinese hardware next time.

Even a germ follows their military development more closely.

yeah because printing money has no consequence like Zimbabwe /s

>enemies and rivals like Philippines and Japan have to concede to them because of their own powerlessness
Y-yeah. We only conceded because we want a slice of that Silk Road project.

There's still 30% of the population that live with under $3.10/day
That's african tier

What's with all the PRC dick riding on this board. If the country was so great it wouldn't have so much recent diaspora. Even it's wealthy jump ship.

In any case, they should be careful not to end like Zimbabwe. That much I agree.

On the other hand, they do have an economy to back up their currency.

Debts are, as said, indeed a huge problem that needs to be tackled.

I like the black look.

China is in a massive economic bubble right now. Soon enough it's going to catch up to them

>A look at their exports would tell you that. Not clothes or toys, but computer parts are their forte now.
Really? Because with the exception of my Moto (owned by Lenovo) all the cheap manufactured stuff I have still says China and the more complex stuff doesn't.

That's about 20 Yuan.

Not much, but you can survive on that in lower tier cities.

The USD as measuring standard is often not really fitting for most purposes when it comes to purchasing power and living costs.

Then you havent looked careful enough. A lot of internal parts of every computer are made in China.

I know there are many definitions of communism but there is nothing communist about the Chinese economy. It's pure capitalist. It's like they kept the state control of communism and threw the rest in the trash.

Based country.

>>doesnt collapse despite at least 30 years of "scholars" and "experts" predicting that it would.
This baffles me the most.

>China will end j-just like Japan, I swear...

this. central planning economy does not work

I'll post some nice pics.

>the bubble is about to burst any moment, I swear!

>China will end j-just like Japan, I swear...

This cant happen because one reason alone:

Noone can force China to sign a Plaza Accord, because China isnt a slave to the USA unlike Japan (or Germany for that matter).

BUT MUH EMPTY CITIES THEY GONNA GOLABSE ANY DAY

Jews has no power over there. Just look at how they make Hollywood bend their knees just so they can show films in China.

Do you have more Chongqing?

I like that city. It looks so cyberpunk at times.

Ikibey, you're truly the saddest troll in Sup Forums history.

>more
Haven't posted a single picture of Chongqing yet.

nice thanks.

do you have a photogenic one of the mountainside disctricts?

In order for china to inherit the hegemony from USA, Democratization must take place first

Except there is no indication that China even wants to inherit any of that.

They want a zone of influence, but cant be bothered to police the world.

And the U.S. can easily cripple them just like we did to Japan with the Plaza Accord. The only other countries with middle classes that can afford those high value products are the Asian tigers and Western Europe.

Stop you gonna bait a lot of faggots here

>ghost cities
>crazy debt
>economy based on manufacturing cheap clothes and plastic toys
>incompetent and corrupt leadership
>overrun by rural nongs
>every neighbouring country hates them
>can't build infrastructure that doesn't collapse

The reason why America holds the hegemony is not only economic factor but also cultural factor. China's ruling system can never exert cultural influence in other countries.

When economic development reaches a certain level, people inevitably ask for democracy. Then there will be a civil war in China and United States will not miss that opportunity

Why is the West so concerned about the resurgence of China?

So it's been said, the US will never lose its superpower status so long as we can afford the best wages for scientists and engineers.

These buildings are all very pretty, but what is life like for the average person there?

>And the U.S. can easily cripple them just like we did to Japan with the Plaza Accord.
Excepts it can't.

Japan was never even nearly close to the relative economic or political power of China compared to the US.

In t1 t2 cities life is same as that of the western world

because a Chinese hegemony is a threat to world peace and stability

Outside tourist areas, China looks like Eastern Europe at best and Africa at worst.

That's a very classical liberal modernization theory ala Lipset/Rostov/Huntington/Moore etc.

But they have been more or less refuted in academia. Not the least because of China, but also because the existence of hybrid regimes such as Singapore and, yes, even Japan whose system is a single-party state in all but name for 60 years straight.

While I agree that Westerners underestimate China and try to deny their prosperity. I wouldn't want to see a country that has worse sanitation issues than SEA
>tfw I ate some street food in Vietnam and Thailand
>nothing happened in my stomach
>tfw I ate some legit expensive food in the international airport in Beijing and some hotels around Chengdu and Chongqing
>get diarrhea and vomiting
All of these things happened in 2015. I wouldn't want some country who cannot deal with such basic sanitation issue to be superpower and shit
>Democratization must take place first
Nah they will just skip that and will enter into politics done by strong AIs.
also
>Chinese democracy
Based on what happened after Arab Springs where all those affected countries reverted back to civil war or some Islam fundamentalism, I am pretty sure that China will go full fascism with democracy

because the white man cannot accept a non-white nation to take the helm.

And a non-western, non-white nation, at that.

When Japan's rise necessitated that they castrate them via Plaza Accord, China's rise will force their hand in fueling civil war and military intervention.

Chinks don't have the capabilities to deploy on the other side of the world, not even via Navy.

Im scared because a consumerist china is a china that the world couldn't possibly provide for. Look at the world today. 2 billion wealthy westerners have already trashed the world with our lust for goods. Which is fine, but now imagine another 1.8 billion reach that level of luxury. The world would be a filthy, smoggy, plastic covered shithole

In imperial times, the countries surrounding China were their vassals/tributaries and they would like this relationship to return. As such, most everyone in Asia wants American money/weapons to defend themselves from Chinese hegemonism, barring one or two exceptions like Cambodia and Pakistan (they only like China's money).

It was.

You don't know that. US hegemony, on the other hand, has proven itself to be a threat to world peace and stability.

Don't they steal like all their tech memes and everything else of importance via corporate espionage in the US and EU - and, more easily, through the need for any company that opens there to have part chink ownership?

I get that they are doing quite well for having no souls and all that but lets not pretend that they are doing it all themselves and, more importantly, because of their political system.

And then you can throw in their complete lack of regard for the global ecosystem via doing whatever the fuck they want around the worlds oceans/africa - international law be damned.

How so? Do you think everybody would just get along if we hadn't policed the world?

The U.S. will try but ultimately fail because it has a large amount of angry minorities that aren't going to take a bullet for white people.

t. smart german

How come you are so ignorant to even compare these countries.

Go and look at basic data for both countries.

Protip: Japan is a fucking dwarf compared to China.

Big coastal cities are pretty good but still not the Western level of course, not even close. And most of the interior is pretty much shit tier. No one denies the fact that living standards in China aren't good yet. It's that they've been drastically improving.

>Ikibey
>German
Dude...

China already collapsed at the 2015 year, they are just good on maintaining face

Japan is still wealthier and their economy is still in the top 5. Your shilling can't deny reality.

Japan and Singapore do not seem to be a suitable example to discuss Hegemony, and rather Japan is economically and socially unstable because of LDP's long-term political power.
Especially, cultural influences of Japan are limited to subculture like cartoon.

If you study Chinese history, they usually have a gigantic civil war every 90 or so years. It'll happen again eventually.

t.Hegel

Of course, it would be best for them if democracy develops peacefully in China. But I don't think so.
In Korea, democracy occurred relatively peacefully because of USA's pressure, but china will not

as I said ( , I am not the same guy you just replied), i am pretty sure that china will have some crazy fascist period with democracy. i don't think chinese democracy is good for the world and i wouldn't understand why the west pushes for that. they do the same mistake in the arab world and only ended up having some anti-west islamist regimes

>ikibey

who's that? that japanese half-breed who wishes he was a chink?

The Greek übermensch

Yes, if your variable is Hegemony, then you are right.

I just argue that China doesnt want any Hegemony outside their own zone of influence.

>t. Takeshi

if the american people cant be trusted with democracy (trump) then i wonder to what extent all the mooks in china could fuck shit up if they had a vote - you need education and perspective to vote and i doubt they have much of that

even worse would be the fact the media and internet is already controlled heavily (comparatively) and things are only going to get worse - which means whoever is in control of that shit at the time gets to decide what happens

if the russia memes are true then they have proved that concept of control and whats more they did it against a relatively rich nation - so there is no doubt that whatever chink technocrats get to oversee their "democratization" will be able to do whatever the fuck they want from day 1 by manipulating information

They will just point at India and laugh at the idea of billion strong democracy which turns into democrazy where nothing gets done.

No. What I claim is that the Chinese model of domination might possibly be more beneficial for mankind.

U.S. hegemony is based on the global financial system it has imposed on the rest of the world(dollar, IMF, World Bank) and on its prevailing military, especially the navy which secures the freedom of navigation. And here are two "bad" things.

First, sure US, Western Europe and Japan are well off. But the rest of the world not so much. Some countries seem deliberately left out of it. Much of the globe isn't really developing.

And while U.S. hegemony has generally been "peaceful and stable", still there were some conflicts which claimed hundreds of thousands of people's lives. Some of them could be attributed simply to American imperialism(Iraqi War).

What China does is to promote global trade and cooperation. They are building new Silk Road. Investing billions in Central Asia, South Asia, Africa. Building infrastructure. Read about One Belt One Road initiative, if you haven't already.

Of course, they are stretching their muscles in the South China Sea, but I find it much more justified than US invading countries halfway across the globe.

Yes, I totally agree with you. I can only see Chinese democracy being some total wacky stuff. Just like trying to oust Hussein and Assad resulted in ISIS, I can only suppose Chinese democracy will bring some nutjobs worse than CCP to the West

I think the West should realize that imposing democracy on non-Westerners only result in worse outcome. It's like the West is encouraging non-Westerners to throw out dictators who are more willing to compromise with the West then replace them into some radical demagogues who will go full against the West

This

That was when the rest of the world didn't have jack shit compared to what was already in China. Tributary status was mostly for acknowledging Chinese superiority and not really throwing any weight around. Cracks only started showing when the Qing hit a Malthusian trap and Europeans discovered something that people in China wanted (opium).

There are no substantive parallels between now and then; China wants resources that it cannot obtain within its own borders. It also wants to ensure a steady flow of goods in and out of the country. The efforts of the Chinese government are directed toward maintaining internal stability (and the position of the CCP) by mollifying the populace with the promise of ever-improving standards of living. As the Chinese economy grows and the influence of the PRC expands ever outwards, they will probably run into the same intractable problems as those encountered by other imperialists.

He made this thread out of butthurt after losing an argument in a Russia Internet Defense Force thread.

Im tired of this meme. The western powers were historically imperial colonialists, am I to assume that if Britain were to return to its former glory it would want to relive its history?

>Japan is still wealthier and their economy is still in the top 5. Your shilling can't deny reality.

The reality is that Japan has a vastly smaller population, area, economy and much weaker military.

kek

>rapid industrialization of a nation with 2 billion faggots is a good thing guys ur just jealous
this globe is done once india/africa/china reach peak pollution levels. you know they don't give a fuck

Ask a Vietnamese poster sometime about Chinese hegemonism.

Americans already have a dogshit standard of living and China will have well surpassed that soon enough. They already have more than your entire population living far above the average in the US, and people are living in constant debt.

But keep desperately holding onto the classic American delusions while the rest of the world moves on.

It was not to propagate democracy that the West invaded iraq and libya. That's because they had oil.

Arab Spring was relatively peaceful in Tunisia without oil. Korea and Japan also do not have oil.

>china, india, and eventually africa are seni-developed and output massive polution
>the earth gets pissed and bitch slaps america with hurricanes over and over