US border control could start asking for your social media accounts

>US Customs and Border Protection proposal would see Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts requested on landing and visa forms

Explain yourselves burgers

web.archive.org/web/20160628165418/https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jun/28/us-customs-border-protection-social-media-accounts-facebook-twitter

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_in_the_United_States
ratemybody.com/profile_1615238_BenGarrison.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"I don't have one"

Why not?

well to be fair people often put stupid shit on social media. may actually keep a nutcase or three out

I don't have any.
I think they'd torture me if I said that.

You want to hide your pro isis posts?

You don't have a right to come here. It's not your country and we can put what ever kind of restrictions we want on people coming in.

>having any social media accounts in your real name

How fucking stupid are you?

this
Cauz I really don't have one.

I bet 90% of neo/pol/ does this and uses some anime avatar + banner

Sorry buddy I dont have a kikebook

>"I don't have one"

This x2

What if you value your privacy and you don't want anyone looking at your private life? What if your accounts aren't public?

What if you just don't have any?

I'm not really telling another country what to do, if that's fine with you Americans so be it. I just don't like it how they are stepping on your privacy.

make a fake normie account

put a pic of you up

and make couple post I LOVE GAY PEOPLE

HILLARY 2016

boom your in not hard guys

"no speak english señor"

And that would trigger all the alarms.

Maybe I'm afraid of a slippery slope. To be fair they are saying it's going to be an optional field, but how can you be sure it's not going to be mandatory?

And you're acting like not having a social media account isn't suspicious. Most normal people even ask you if you have something to hide if you tell them that.

Oh well, it's only for visitors anyway.

Stay in your cuck countries.

Just say you don't have one. Also if the account is public what does it matter if people view it?

Are you expecting that if this becomes the norm for America other countries aren't going to adopt the same measure? Euros will love it

There's so many dumbasses that advocate radical Islam and other crimes that it makes me think it's a good idea, but I also realize people like me with no social media presence would get put on a list.

The fact that saying you don't have one is itself going to be seen as suspicious?

I dont give a shit about their border control (their own concern) but if this crap becomes the new trend all over the place Im against it.

What if I dont have a social network account? Am I automatically a suspect of something? I mean, a guy is already more or less isolated and now hes the target of further suspicions?

Fucking faggots.

Oh well I forgot that US airports are fast and simple after the 9/11, totally not cucked

>why not? Are you some kind of recluse? A shut in? You one of those crazy white nationalists from the4channel.co.uk? Remove your clothes and bend over sir while I lube you up and rape you with my fist

how do you say facebook in mexican?

Yeah exactly. For now it's a proposed optional thing, but the problem is that it could become widespread and mandatory.

Why would Americans want to visit all these muslim countries?

They're pretty regular if you don't bring 5 bags and act like a retard or angry faggot.

>The US government is proposing making social media accounts part of the visa screening process for entry into the country.

It's not our privacy, its your privacy. And its completely reasonable to inspect someone coming into our country for beliefs that are not compatible with western culture. They don't have the right to come, we allow them the privilege, and that privilege can be revoked.

Who cares. If it keeps spics out then no one should have a problem. If your account is public then it's public to anyone including the government. If it's private then there you go

carabiblioteca

El faceo libre

You don't have any fucking right to complain about your privacy in the US becuase you're not a fucking citizen.

Borders exist, fgt, one world government is not implemented yet no matter how much you wish it was.

If your social media is full of islamic terrorist shit, you're not getting in.

"el feis" or "el feisbuc"

what i'm trying to figure out is what are they trying to accomplish with these new requisites

Lol people would just setup a fake social media before crossing the border.

Keep shit the way it is already.
Investigate sus social media users, learn about their criminal behaviors,
Pull them over on a "traffic violation",
Find drugs, money, whatever and win.

Trick question you're all spics

I have a life in The Real World

This. I have no fucking clue

>Explain yourselves burgers

Social Media is largely used by EVERYONE, even illegal immigrants. This guarantees that if you do overstay your Visa, they can track you through social media.

They will pull you aside whether you have a facebook or not. They don't take too kindly to Muslims.

I don't have one.

I made one like 6 years ago under pressure from my friends and realized it's nothing but attention whoring for likes.

They told me
>okay now update your status to what you're doing
I thought to myself, I don't give two shits about what people are doing, eating, watching, etc. why the fuck would they care?

So I deleted it.

however it's been increasingly more difficult to be online without a fucking kikebook since a lot of places ask you to connect via it.

i'm afraid one day a newborn gets a facebook account in leu of a birth certificate

People would just setup fake social media accounts.

They want to make sure you're not smuggling in illegal memes.

Everyone clap

So expecting a minimum of privacy is too much when visiting another country? Don't you ever travel outside the US?

Its not about your border. Its about the potential widespread of this scrutiny to other nations/control inspections.

I mean, as of now employers already check your social accounts to see who you are. The simple fact that you dont own one is already a disadvantage when seeking out a job.

Basically its the same a saying: "oh, so your social circle sucks/is non existent? Well tough shit, you are out you suspicious bastard!"

that cant help track criminals? you know instantly they start doing this the criminals just hide themselfs from there and the average person suffers

BUT then again, facebook twitter and other shit is not worth having or having active at all. its mostly normie thing

all of that is easy to pass and why the fuck would you want to push criminals even more into hiding?

>proposal

the world has become unrecognizable to me in a decade

So, what exactly are they gonna be looking for?

I live in Tijuana and cross the border regularly.
Several friends and family cross it every day, it's part of their lives.

Other than their daily pictures of cute animals and memes, are they really trying to find people writing stuff like: "na na na i'm crossing using a fake visa and breaking the 50 mile limit without a permit"?

There should be a lemonparty.org type of bait facebook account full of MLP/Weabo/Tranny/BLM Fagtivist shit

most likely looking for anything in sandpeople skwigily writing

>Implying this will be used on muzzies and not "right wing nationalist extremists" and "racists"

I don't really have a problem with them using public ally available information but you know it won't be used to keep out people the average Sup Forumsster finds undesirables.

That's rather suspicious.

They're gonna need dem "Likes" before you can enter the country.

What if i don't have a Facebook or twitter account ?

to be fair they could find out that they're working without the proper visa

I live in a border town and there are so many maids, cooks, gardeners, etc that cross on the regular tourist visa or whatever

a lot of them would probably get themselves caught if they were active on social media

You'll have to sign up at the Facebook office just behind the customs and immigration desk.

>Most normal people even ask you if you have something to hide if you tell them that.

So if I have an ugly face, shit body, horrible life and no friends I can't even leave the country now?

they sign you up for one. this is a plan by facebook and the government to get the last hold outs signed up. facebook gets more users and big brothers gets to finally know when everyone is taking a shit

>“Please enter information associated with your online presence—Provider/Platform—Social media identifier.”
shit, i gotta give up my Sup Forums account

>So if I have an ugly face
you have to go back, or get gud at comedy

>"I don't have one"

There are employers who will flat out refuse to hire you, if you claim you don't have a Facebook or other social media account.

Meanwhile, many employers are demanding that employees give the company access to their social media accounts.

What about citizens ?

hello tree flag.

>Most normal people even ask you if you have something to hide if you tell them that.
lol what the fuck? maybe in argie you nigger

It would be a non problem
Does anyone use a kikebook account for anything other than promoting?

Just hide your powerlevel. If you sperg Sup Forums on fb, you deserve to be shamed

>Oh well, it's only for visitors anyway.

Yes, I'm sure the Government would never use it against Americans...

Hopefully they don't ask to see our Sup Forums accounts, right lads?

Fucking cancer, man!

And then when you post anti gov posts on the social media account that you supposedly dont have you get deported immediately. Sounds fine to me.

Do it then.

So what if I don't have a Facebook/Twitter account?

You're the leaf of our flag, im your father

i suppose we could all just make mama-less accounts and shitpost there.

I only have fake shitposting accounts. You wanna see?

you have to stay there

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_in_the_United_States

As long as they target everyone, it's allowed.

So I created a Facebook account and never ever used it.

They have my profile name but thats literally all it has on it.

All I have on my facebook is beautiful pictures I took while traveling

Legit i had a crazy ass stalker so i deleted my facebook and i dont have a twitter. Really its that easy.

This is why you have to buy lands ASAP, lads.

buy land and boost your income through organic farming of rare crops that there is a demand for in your area.

cultivate your children to have perfect social media accounts, and separate ones they can shitpost on

You don't want to be caught with your pants down with an expensive house mortgage 20 years from now where every employer has the ability to pay 15 dollars to get a file of every facebook, twitter, myspace post you have ever made in your life, and as a result you can't get a job.

If you get land now (it will cost 1/10 the price of a house in many cases) you can always support yourself with a private business, and none of this social media urbanite bullshit will be able to bring you down

(p.s. this is obviously a move to attack right wingers. Leftists literally hate conservatives more than terrorists)

No.. here's the perfect defunct website to invade and shitpost on:

ratemybody.com

their forums are dead as fuck, no one cares, it's just a giant scheme to defraud advertisers at this point

Although true for me, I imagine that this would flag one for scrutiny, as well.

@none_of_your_business

Facebook, its a brand so it doesn't change.

This cancer quickly becomes mandatory. Here they begun asking for social media accounts on job interview like 8 or so years ago, and I already see time when not having one will automatically give you red card everywhere.
Fucking normalfags.

ratemybody.com/profile_1615238_BenGarrison.html

one sec

I just want to visit friends and family in the USA. Facebook and all that shit is fucking trash, how can you reasonably believe screening social media is going to stop retards from committing crimes anyway? Look at the black twitter threads, how many of those just scream "probable cause" but will never be investigated?

The first and most well-known restriction was originally a prohibition on domestic dissemination of materials intended for foreign audiences by the State Department. The original intent was the Congress, the media and academia would be the filter to bring inside what the State Department said overseas. In 1967, the Advisory Commission on Information (later renamed the Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy) recommended the de facto prohibition on domestic distribution be removed noting that there is "nothing in the statutes specifically forbidding making USIA materials available to American audiences. Rather, what began as caution has hardened into policy."[13] This changed in 1972 when Senator J. William Fulbright (D-AR) argued that America’s international broadcasting should take its "rightful place in the graveyard of Cold War relics" as he successfully amended the Act to read that any program material "shall not be disseminated" within the U.S. and that material shall be available "for examination only" to the media, academia, and Congress (P.L. 95-352 Sec. 204). In 1985, Senator Edward Zorinsky (D-NE) declared USIA would be no different than an organ of Soviet propaganda if its products were to be available domestically.[14] The Act was amended to read: "no program material prepared by the United States Information Agency shall be distributed within the United States" (P.L. 99-93). At least one court interpreted this language to mean USIA products were to be exempt from Freedom of Information Act requests. In response, the Act was amended again in 1990 to permit domestic distribution of program material "12 years after the initial dissemination" abroad (P.L. 101-246 Sec 202).

The second and third provisions were of greater interest to the Congress as they answered critical concerns about a deep-pocket government engaging domestic audiences. Added to the Bloom Bill, the predecessor to the Smith-Mundt Bill in June 1946 by Representative John M. Vorys (R-OH) "to remove the stigma of propaganda" and address the principal objections to the information activities the Congress intended to authorize. These provisions remain unamended and were the real prophylactic to address concerns the U.S. Government would create Nazi-style propaganda or resurrect President Wilson's CPI-style activities. The amendment said the information activities should only be conducted if needed to supplement international information dissemination of private agencies; that the State Department was not to acquire a monopoly of broadcasting or any other information medium; and that private sector leaders should be invited to review and advise the State Department in this work.

Section 1437 of the Act requires the State Department to maximize its use of "private agencies." Section 1462 requires "reducing Government information activities whenever corresponding private information dissemination is found to be adequate" and prohibits the State Department from having monopoly in any "medium of information" (a prescient phrase). Combined, these provide not only protection against government's domination of domestic discourse, but interestingly a "sunset clause" for governmental activities that Rep. Karl Mundt (R-SD) and Assistant Secretary of State for Public Affairs William Benton stated clearly: as private media stood up, government media would stand down.

tl;dr they've been using propaganda against you and inside government for decades.

And the fun thing is, social media is considered a private media, which is why you see massive amounts of propaganda there now.

Cans.wav

>anally raping people because they don't have facejew, twitberg or jewtube accounts.

I still regret having a gmail account, and I don't use it anymore.

feels 1984

under Obama they are already trying to implement auto-hate speech detectors under Jewtube and Facebook under the guise of fighting terrorism. glad I barely used those accounts even when I had them.

I just think it's funny, it's literally on record that we use propaganda more against our own people than anyone else.

But people still think what they see is truth.

Can't be helped ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

> using social media
Good "social" media is a cancer that should be destroyed, let's see all those retards putting weed pics on their Facebook get arrested

"Sure my instagram is bigblackbuttfucker67, toodles."