I can't stand films with female protagonists. Will this film piss me off...

I can't stand films with female protagonists. Will this film piss me off? I'm 5 mins in and she's making me angry already.

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/ncbddd/birthdefects/prevention.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can't stand shitty actresses and she's fucking horrible in this. As is the writing and direction. Save your time. Drop it.

it's a fun flick, bro

No but it will bore you to tears, and it inevitably goes into a long spiel dealing with motherhood and stuff. I guarantee you if Jeremy Renner was the main character this would not have happened.

It's not bad, turn it off like 20 minutes before the end though

isn't the first 10 min just reaction shots? why are you so easily rustled?

>Skip the only actually interesting parts of the movie
but why senpai?

It would have dealth with him needing to accept his wife knew his daughter was going to die, which would have been interesting.

Just say you're a misogynist bro, there's no need to dogwhistle here.

It's gonna trigger you, most def

I thought it was really good

Villeneuve is a master at drawing tension out of very little

It's a 20 minute story stretched for two hours. The alien designs and the premise are cool as fuck tho.

death process

be less of a tryhard faggot

Yeah, be a male feminist like this alpha over here and force yourself to snjoy screeching harpies in film

sexist much?

OP here, it was a waste of time. Mind blown people can watch Amy Adams and not be severely upset over her shit acting and ugly face

Cuck movie for SJW cucks, don't bother watching it.

Can you explain to me what you don't like about her, OP? I thought she was fine.

Not OP but I hate her because she reminds me of my mom who is a bitch, also she reminds me of female school teachers I had who were also stupid bitches

I watched this yesterday.

Pros:
>aliens were unique and cool-looking
>it was nice seeing an AYY movie not turn into intergalactic war because muh human aggression
>quite rare to see a plot so centered around the learning and understanding of language

Cons:
>shit-tier acting almost all around, except for the black guy, but I'm starting to think he is only good in this one type of character
>insulting quick and boring climax with virtually no suspense
>the aspect of language changing the way ones mind perceives time was poorly implemented and made little sense in the context

4/10 - watchable but not anything I'd recommend.

Very straight forward film. For the sake of appealing to woman the protagonist fails to understand what is going on and makes a very senimental but retarded decision. Dumb ending.

>Woman shown to be high and mighty above men

ofc it is strongk woman propaganda, the opening 20 mins is her and her daughter being perfectly content without a father and the rest is about how buffoonish military men are in comparison the the perfect gender who contains within her the best of masculine consistency in problem solving and the best of feminine inconsistency.

>woman portrayed as a linguistics professors
>man portrayed as theoretical physicists

And you somehow think the woman comes out on top in this comparison?

> writer of the book is a chink, further reinforcing the stereotype that chinks are feminine betamales
> screenwriter is a heeb, further reinforcing the "kikes run hollywood" stereotype

go back your to your containment board you pathetic Sup Forums leeche

Why do you hate your mother, user?

The containment failed. Sup Forums is half the traffic on Sup Forums now.

Why'd you lose a million dollars, Bogan? I also blackmailed Muffin into giving me your Facebook and Snapchat, but you already knew that

Zac?

> unironically believes women are capable of being better than men at anything
> has the nerve to call anyone pathetic

Why don't you go cry about women's rights and the fact that a misogynist, who sees women as objects, is the president of the greatest country on earth, you limp-wristed faggot?

;)

Well someone's feeling grumpy.

>Sup Forums SJW is so emotionally frail that something as trivial as a woman being in a movie triggers him into a temper tantrum
>somehow refers to others as limp-wristed

Every single thing Sup Forums believes is an enormous case of projection. Amazing.

What does any part of your post has to do with Arrival or Television & Film?

> Sup Forums SJW is so emotionally frail that something as trivial as a woman being in a movie triggers him into a temper tantrum

Nah, that's just you trivializing the subject. Are you clairvoyant by any chance, since you seem to know so much about what emotions I'm experiencing?

Only half of Americans vote. The other half are ready to kill each other.

Its Europes century now!

user, eat a snickers.

>His nation has to WASTE enormous amounts of resources on aircraft carriers because his continent is isolated by two oceans.

kek

if I could find a way to track every single IP that posts on this board and then murder them all in a very painful fashion, then and only then could I die a happy man.

>asks if it will piss him off
>admits he's already pissed off
GEE I DUNNO WILL IT? HURR DURR

I'm sure you'd totally be physically capable of that faggot

Dark mirror has an episode where something like that happens. If you tweet who you want to be punished you die instead.

doesn't take a lot of physical capability to drive nails into someone's eardrums, you mouth breathing retard.

>Are you clairvoyant by any chance

I would have to be a retard not see the you getting so heavily triggered that you start talking about an american president and women's rights on a Television & Film board

huh, thanks for the info. I wouldn't kill you user, you seem ok.

My rottweiler'd rip your throat out as soon as you laid a toe in my condo, you fucking imbecile, I'd like to see you take on a 140 pound rottweiler trained to maim intruders

In fairness he just called women incompetant and that is relevant to this film.
She made a really dumb decision at the end and the film was boyfriend bait. It was made to please women and the sci fi element was meant to trick boyfriends into going.
Anyone who has seen even a couple of good sci fis will find nothing novel in this film and its values were female.

Nothing wrong with female values in films but I am irritated I was tricked into going to see one.

I would have voted for trump given the opportunity. The US is going through a slow death due to its multicult policies and I want to see it sped up.
Either the minoirities or the whites need to be gone for the US to heal.

Its human nature to hate what is different and threatening.

I would have liked the film to focus on the language part a little more, but it was alright. I didn't really understand how the alien language allows you to see into the future.

The story about her daughter made me sad, but I'm an oversensitive faggot so whatever.

Why don't you follow the reply chain and see that it was indeed relevant to the discussion, faggot?

Sup Forums is oozing out of you my man, you're so lost

You are judging a visual medium like film based on your headcanon values which the literal plot points "show".

All the other filmmaking elements don't matter at all, as long as it had "good values" the movie is great right?

I mean female values as in the foolish sentimentality of the ending. I can enjoy these values when they are done well but I was irritated that the film was not up front about it and it was certainly not done well in this film.

It was a meh film. Also good to see you getting upset by the Sup Forums bogey man. Makes my day. Sup Forums is never going away. It can only get worse.

>but I was irritated that the film was not up front about it

How? How it wasn't up front about it?

The opening and the ending sequences are about it.
All the major moments are intercut with those scenes.
And atleast 50% of the present narrative is a heavy close up of Amy Adams face or a camera set up of her point of view with a shallow focus.

The ayylmao's and the science are only plot devices for the actual narrative of Amy Adams character relationship with life/death and appreciating (embracing) every waking moment of it.

This could have afforded to be about 20 minutes shorter.

>Amy Adams character relationship with life/death and appreciating (embracing) every waking moment of it.
Your shits all fucked up and you talk like a fag.

Apart from that its incredibly contrived sentimentality. Its clumsy and her decisions are foolish. The choice wasnt between having a child, the good and the bad, or not having one.

That was forced to tingle the emotions of women. It is however a huge plot hole. Current science means that no child ever needs to be born with a congenital illness. Then add in future vision and the idea that she would allow her daughter to die like that is laughable.

Normie girls will eat it up but sci fi isnt about pleasing normie girls, is it? Its a bad sci fi film.
Nice visuals and alien design. Thats why I say its "meh" instead of completely shit.

>Then add in future vision and the idea that she would allow her daughter to die like that is laughable.

So you're saying every parent of a kid who has cancer wishes his never lived in the first place?

And the movie shows the other "rational" side of her husband thinking that it's the wrong choice so he leaves her, but she already deeply loved her (just like her daughter loved her) and thought the moments they had together are worth living for.

And I don't think any normie girl is even aware this movie exists, let alone understands any of it's themes.

Its plainly obvious that English is not your first language. I did not use complicated language and you could not understand it.

>Current science means that no child ever needs to be born with a congenital illness
No. Current medical science cant completely stop or cure everything. People are still going to die from congenital illnesses.

You dont know shit my friend.

Actually you're wrong, not everyone thinks like you. You're far more coldly logical, mechanical and, yes, unironically autistic than most people. Don't attribute your own logic to others.

There exists, currently, the technology to prevent all congenital disease. It is no more expensive than invirto fertilization.

t. biochemist.

You literally cannot stop certain types of diseases (currently) or genetic anomalies which lead to congenital illness

OK so nothing actually to do with her, just retarded personal reasons, got it

Thats because modern female characters dont act like women they try to act like men.

People love the old school strong female characters because they were strong "women"

You are displaying that you have no actual knowledge on the subject. You clearly think that everyone just spouts their own uneducated opinion so that means your uneducated opinion is just as good as theirs.

So my real question to you is, do you usually feel stupid?

We don't even know what the disease is in Arrival, it could be alien aids who knows.

>Just say you're a misogynist bro
That's pretty much what he did.

FUTURE VISION!

>Thats because modern female characters dont act like women they try to act like men

This is one of those numerous things that Sup Forums SJWs repeat constantly but it isn't actually true at all. Your evidence for it is that someone else said it in a post that you read. Like all Sup Forums tard whining it's also extremely vague and amorphous so as to be unfalsifiable.

>he brings up Sup Forums completely ranomly in a discussion of film almost like Sup Forums occupies his every waking moment.

Stop.

Post your buzzwords all you want but gender roles are screwed up these days and these hollywood token characters no longer have any resemblance to the real world

how fucking cruel is that lady is? she willingly brings a child into the world not only knowing in advance the child will have to suffer from all stages of cancer, but also the child will have to experience deep psychological trauma from losing her life in her prime and so abruptly. what the fuck was wrong with Louise?

>the real world

Circle jerk posts on your echo chamber alt right board is are not representative of the "real world"

> POLE IS LITERALLY SJW NOT US!
> POLE IS LITERALLY M'LADY FEDORA, NOT US MALE FEMINISTS
> POLE IS LITERALLY TRIGGERE, NOT US!

Has this ever worked to make your self-loathing ideology more attractive to centrists? Everyone sees right through it, if you didn't know.

She perceives time differently. The length of a life no longer means much to her.

Dont engage with him. He lives in a fantasy that is the result of spending too much time online. The force of good and evil and battling it out!

I guess thats why Brexit happened, Trump won and Europe is doing a 180 in terms of politics all over the place

Pretty boring characters and dialogue in general. So probably.

Only thing that keeps this going is the curiosity about the ayy lamos

Why not use pre implantation genetic diagnosis to make sure that child is cured of the genetic problem before she is even implanted in the womb? Neither parent is affected by it. That means they are only carriers. It would be very straight forward.

you should ////literally/// kill yourselves and i really dont mean it in the way 14 year olds say it i mean really remove yourself from the gene pool

Sadly this is correct. The EU is looking like it will collapse.

but her child was a normal person, not a fucking sage like Louise. damn, I've recently lost my sister to cancer and that moment really got me disturbed

>i mean really remove yourself from the gene pool

Like you and your genderfluid xers are doing?

but from the context of the movie it seems that her kid dying young is already settled and cannot be avoided. like her saving the world, knowing that words from china general, etc

EU is anti Europeans anyway. It collapsing will be a good thing

I am just telling you to spend more time offline and stop obsessing about american left vs right battles. Real life will put it more in perspective.

Its all just a joke and anti social misfits think its real. That is where all the problems in the US stem from.

Where is it even implied that I'm a feminist? I hate feminists, I'm just not an SJW so I don't form a bunch of irrational opinions around that. In contrast, you are an SJW because you're emotionally frail, you reason like one, and you seem to honestly believe reality needs to conform to your narrow safe-space agenda. Pic related always right.

Because some butt blasted sperg on an anime image board told me to? Haha, did my post make me come off as a mentally ill tranny? Those are usually the only folks that commit suicide because of mean internet comments, and it's on the left for normalizing a mental illness

This film was mediocre af. I love sci fi and it's nice to have blockbuster sci fi that's not just explosions and banter, but this film was completely lacking in the character and story departments, which to me are the most important facets of filmmaking. The score and cinematography did not make up for, especially since it was all damaged by the undersaturation filter.

>displaying that you have no actual knowledge on the subject. You clearly think that everyone just spouts their own uneducated opinion so that means your uneducated opinion is just as good as theirs
You mean like all your previous posts. Where you have done nothing but spout edgy bullshit trying desperately to sound intelligent.

>We know that not all birth defects can be prevented
>Most birth defects are caused by genetic or environmental factors or a combination of the two (multifactorial birth defects). In most cases, however, the cause is unknown
cdc.gov/ncbddd/birthdefects/prevention.html

>Mind blown people can watch Amy Adams
I like her.

>aliens were unique and cool-looking
I agree, I also found them quite frightening. I was reminded of Old Man's War where the cthulu-esque tentacle monsters are best friends with humans even though they scare the shit out of people who aren't used to them.

>except for the black guy, but I'm starting to think he is only good in this one type of character
Nah, Forest Whittaker is good in everything he does. Almost, Species wasn't that great but I'm not sure that was his fault.

>the aspect of language changing the way ones mind perceives time was poorly implemented and made little sense in the context
+ It could have been expanded on, it made sense to me though.
IRL Sapir-Whorf is largely discredited (it's also not really about brain wiring so much as conceptualisation) but regardless, I liked the idea and I can imagine how it works.

Think less 'Heptapod script unlocks the brain' and more 'human written language traps us into seeing the universe a certain way'. I mean our language evolved with us in a specific evolutionary niche, it's good enough for it's purpose but the idea that it restricts us outside of that niche is an interesting idea.

>This could have afforded to be about 20 minutes shorter.
It was a slow movie, definitely. Lots of build up and slow panning shots to build mood. They payoff when the first alien appears is worth it though.

>Current science means that no child ever needs to be born with a congenital illness
If only that were true.
In reality, a handful of congenital illnesses can be fixed by gene-editing in vitro prior to IVF and even that takes a fuck load of expensive shit to do and you'd have to convince a doctor to even do it considering how ridiculous it is. I mean, if you're a billionare with dormant Huntington's then sure, get tested and if necessary, have a genetically engineered IVF baby and you're good.

>damaged by the undersaturation filter.

Back to Sup Forums sped

>Pic related always right.

Sup Forums actually have evidence and facts to back up their claims.

The film has an anti determinilistic message. She can see the future and change it. Its not set in stone.
She can certainly take action to prevent her child ever having the genetic illness with the knowledge she has and current widely available technology.

If the film actually does have a determininilistic message than what was the point of the film? Seeing the future changes nothing and everything will happen as it will happen anyway.

That child only needed to die to make normie women think they watched a good film. Anyone thinking it isnt a huge plot hole and is a "theme" is a pseudo intellectual.

Please point out the posts ITT where someone used any of the points in your le epic pole webcomic

Im a biochemist and molecular biologist. You are just a dummy who liked a sci fi film that played fast and loose with biological science to get an emotional reaction from a crowd.

Deal with it.
>Nu uh its impossible that anyone can have any qualificiations!

I don't play vidya. I just hate films and TV shows that have a shitty filter for muh atmosphere.

>we're in the desert so everything has to be yellow
>we're in the urban city so everything has to be grey
>we're encountering aliens on earth so everything has to be completely lifeless

You have the same exact evidence that leftist SJWs have. Congress is around 90% white male and Christian. According to your very own logic, they're completely right about the patriarchy.

In reality you have absolutely no evidence, just circumstantial, biased extrapolations of facts that have nothing to do with the conclusions you draw.

>m-muh left wing
>m-muh right wing
youre all overwhelmingly embarrassing