Is Latin America irrelevant in the world now?

Been a while since last time I came here. But, I wanna ask.

Latin America is irrelevant now? I think Brazil and Mexico are much irrelevant than before.

With all the conflict destroying Middle East and territorial/foreign policy problems in Eastern Asia I wouldn't whine about this, but lately I feel even Africa is taking the spotlight in global community.

Just Venezuela is going to ruin news seems overshadowed by any issue on Africa..

Yes, very irrelevant.

But Brazil is getting ride of commies. We will probably become relevante after 2018.

"ride" as in "helicopter ride"?

When I found a new country on southern Argentinian and Chilean lands based on in vitro production of humans and mandatory positive eugenics you'll be relevant again.

Well, not you in particular, but you'll be allowed to mooch off our success and even come here, and provided you waive your rights to natural conception you'll be granted all the freedom natives have.

when has it ever been relevant

this 2bh.
Latin American countries have rarely ever made international news.

I mean, Venezuela is in full meltdown right now, but all the major news sources don't give a fuck.

Actually Venezuela is very revelant thought

Latin America hasn't been relevant for centuries

>When I found a new country on southern Argentinian and Chilean lands

Patagonia is very poor on natural resources

How?

You don't, Patagonia is full of muh land Native Americans.

>Patagonia is very poor on natural resources
But does it have... oil?

As a region no, many factories are in mexico and brazil, who are relevant enough

Mexico will elect a fucking communist in 2018. I hope they don't become a new Venezuela.

Since Chávez is in power Venezuela is in all international news

>now

It doesn't need a lot of them to get things going.

I won't do anything to them. I will invite as many as I can provided they adhere to the positive eugenics covenant.

still continue with maduro

Your media makes a big circus out of every single crisis we've got from corruption to beheadings, or are you only getting your news from Breitbart and Infowars?

Really equating the news cycle to geopolitical relevance isn't exactly sound, what exactly do you mean? Our president was just at the last BRICS meeting and we are enhancing our FTA with Europe as well as bringing Canada, Australia and New zealand into a deal with the Pacific Aliiance so our government's been very busy on the foreign policy front. It's obvious Brazil is looking more inwards at this point because of their domestic issues but I hardly think they're sitting on their ass doing nothing.

Now, Latin America isn't right now engaging on bringing peace elsewhere in the world or developing Africa and we should all be thankful for that, it's economics right now that's the big concern for most of us and rightly so, the region's relevance to the world lies in that arena. I'm not exactly sure what are the sort of headlines you're expecting to see or how was it any different before, South American integration has never really been big news outside of your region AFAIK.

I don't think Mapuches will sell their lands

Yeah we are irrelevant
Leave us alone

meme

We won't, no Mexican president will ever serve more than one term for one. While I personally loath Peje things aren't really going to change all that much if he gets elected.

Patagonia is huge, there is more than enough land to share.

What? The government hasn't been busy doing everything from hosting Merkel to substituting American imports since dealing with the Trump crisis? I'm not claiming Mexico is one of the most relevant nations in the world, I'm saying it's acting well in acordance to its position amongst emerging markets.

No, still irrelevant.

Shhh. Let them believe their delusions.

>mandatory positive eugenics
I would support those "eugenics" if by "eugenics" you didn't mean muh witehness

It doesn't, the child will have whatever phenotype the parents choose but they must agree on it. It's what's inside your head that you won't be able to edit.

Yes we're irrelevant and we like it that way. FOWF

>Your media makes a big circus out of every single crisis we've got from corruption to beheadings
No we don't.

>I won't do anything to them.
It's not that they're afraid of you. Rather, you should expect them to fuck you up. They burnt down a house with people inside in Chile a few years ago. Also obstruct major routes, burn trucks, shit like that. And pull the victim card whenever the government starts sabre ratling.

Latin America is LEADING THE WAY. It now has 6 megacities (São Paulo, Mexico DF, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Bogotá, and Lima) compared to only 3.5 in Europe (London, Moscow, Paris, and European Istanbul), even though Europe has more people.

Has always been irrelevant. Latin America is just USA's backyard.

yes and it is good. I hope it remains irrelevant all my life.
I also prefer to have the USA focused in the middle east or their own problems, and not in latin america.

underated sequence of posts

Megacities are not a sing of prosperity though, these cities need mega infraestructure which is usually a gateway to corruption. That being said I love São Paulo it really is the best you can get out of South America right now, it is pretty rare to see such a big population not be a melting pot where everyone is the same but a place of such constrast. It really is the good kind of globalization, not like those asian cunts where everyone tryes to look North American. But that's just my opinion anyway

>not like those asian cunts where everyone tryes to look North American.

They don't look North American.

They do try hard as fuck to dress and have their hair like them

Can I join your Patagonian eugenics colony? Do I get a free gf?

>Latin America is LEADING THE WAY. It now has 6 megacities (São Paulo, Mexico DF, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Bogotá, and Lima)
Lima is a shithole. Lifestyle in Latin American megacities is hated in each country. Don't mean prosperity, never, no.

I just wait to end my career in university and moving to Canada for a quiet, not unhealthy city. Youth born in city really want to get out of this piece of shit called Lima. Megacities in Third World big countries are proof of bad administration in huge lands. People are not happy at all in this megahumanwaste place.

And Brazilians don't? Find that HARD to believe

>I just wait to end my career in university and moving to Canada for a quiet, not unhealthy city. Youth born in city really want to get out of this piece of shit called Lima. Megacities in Third World big countries are proof of bad administration in huge lands. People are not happy at all in this megahumanwaste place.

the guy is cute

While many young people in other countries try to look like the american standart Brazil has somewhat of a counterculture, we want other people to look like we do. This is why some of our people look so weird, you can see that in Neymar's hair throughout the years, he never settles, and he never goes for an "typical western look"

You don't like Manila?

Things like using tape bikinis trend here because we try to create our own ( sometimes stupid ) standarts

>Latin America has centralized countries with massive slums, therefore it's relevant
okay

fuck this shit city. trash everywhere, smells of dog piss, people getting shot left and right by the police, 20 kms of distance within the city equates to at least 2 hours of your travel time, corrupt officials that cater to the majority poor that are content with shitty living conditions.

I could go on and on about how much I hate it here, but you wouldn't understand.

just seriously fuck this city and country as a whole.

What city should I move to if I wanted to move to Brazil? I like big cities like NYC, is there a similar city in Brazil? And what are the major differences between Sao Paulo and Rio de Janerio?

I hate how this doesn't include that he killed the bidet, that big metropolitan Chile started to use toilet bins when before you could just flush it, and that he killed the train industry to the point of no recover. If you think trains are cool and you like to have a nice smelling and clean butt you should hate pinochet.

>pinochet literally made chile a shithole
Why did he hate people who had a clean ass?

Something to do with water savings. Fuck that.

maybe you should stop beheading people

How about you mind your own business?

Sounds kinda commie desu, and libertarians love to suck his asshole.

Why don't you guys stop ruining our image even further and go back to Hispa, Nido, BaI, etcetera?

This was a nice thread, until you came with your pretentious shit. BTFO, nobody likes you.