Does anyone remember watching that one episode of The Screen Savers where they talked about the special effects used in...

Does anyone remember watching that one episode of The Screen Savers where they talked about the special effects used in Jeepers Creepers 2?
They discussed the school bus chase scene in the corn field. A French company called Boujou2 was used for matchmoving the creature to minimize CGI float.

Why doesn't anyone use this technique anymore?
Look at this shit here That entire movie, and all of other Marvel films is full CGI float. And not just Marvel, plenty of other huge blockbusters have this issue. Fury Road suffered from this, Star Trek had this issue. Star Wars Prequel were plagued by this as well.
Films like the Matrix sequels used other techniques to mask their shitty matchmoving, most notable the APU close ups.

Boujou2 can analyze the film grain, and map the effects to them so that they dont float around.

This is the only resource I found of that video
g4tv.com/videos/22644/jeepers-creepers-2-special-effects/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Match_moving
youtube.com/watch?v=D9dX9gLUxAk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>nitpicking slowed down 1 second frames

holy fucking autism

kys asap

>not perfecting your art

bump

>Does anyone remember watching that one episode of The Screen Savers where they talked about the special effects used in Jeepers Creepers 2?

What

>The Screen Savers
Absolutely based. I miss ZD/TECHtv so much.

>I don't mind if it looks like shit so long as the quips are good and I get to see my favorite cartoon heroes :D

>he thinks capeshit is art

underageb&

I think he was specifically referring to the effects house doing the CG. But what no one realizes is that those CGI effects are usually a sweatshop. The days of ILM, Stan Winston, and the henson creature shop are long gone.

no u

Reminder that Victor salva molested that boy on the set of clownhouse
tfw no clownhouse blu ray
at least I have my out of print dvd

Oh man, I forgot all about that. What a creeper

ugh, talking about a movie? wtf? post a trump maymay next time. so mad i even responded to this waste of a Sup Forums topic

What's matchmoving?

When your special effect matches film recording.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Match_moving
youtube.com/watch?v=D9dX9gLUxAk

JC2 is GOAT and has really great practical effects. And based Ray Wise.

Can't wait for JC3 desu. Don't give a shit that he's a pederast, I love monster movies.

tell me about it. been dying to discuss this topic, finally find some references, and no one actually discuses it.

A quality thread on Sup Forums

The Creeper is such a cool creature. The first Jeepers Creepers is fucking horrorkino.

Why is jeepers creepers 2 so comfy?

>tfw Sup Forums never streams anything ever

Jeepers 3 when?

They've postponed it so many times now that at this point I seriusoly doubt it'll ever happen. Shame, because I'd definitely watch it, especially if they went back to the feel the first one had

shadow looks really fake

At least the car still, and not jumpy

>Star Wars Prequel were plagued by this as well.
I found this to be a noticable problem while watching the Force Awakens on a tv, and k2S0 was bad-cgi:the character.

>Posted: August 27, 2003

>k2S0
Really? I thought he was well matched, but then I only saw that film once.

TFA had bad matching, clearly noticeably when something went from CGI, or practical.

now that shitting cum onto another mans face is considered art, capeshit is pretty much kino

There are no standards for capeshit.

Come in with a low enough bid and Disney will give you a piece of the action.

this explains a lot

Which movie?

Civil War

I watched like the first 3 minutes of that movie. The absolute garbage CGI in the first few scenes was so fucking jarring I turned it off.

How could they stupe to such a low level of film making?

It's utter shit