Duck Tales 2017

Do you think this will be any good? The artstyle is horrendous but maybe they will stick closer to the Carl Barks stories.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_1v_EcjeIkg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why did they change the girl duck?

LIFE IS LIKE A NIGGER
HERE IN OLD NIGS

>Disney XD

seriously?

Also, DuckTales was never about being close to Carl Barks stories, it was full of OC like nebby, launchpad, that fat maid duck. And Donald was hardly in any episodes.

It was still great though, because it captured the sense of wonder and exploration of the best Barks stories. But maybe thats what you meant.

Should go to Sup Forums user. But, yeah i liked the old show. When is this getting released?

youtube.com/watch?v=_1v_EcjeIkg

I hope this will mean they'll try to sell full boxsets of the original cartoon again.
I don't think they ever fully released the show on dvd.

Women's rights, she went from oppressed pink wearing dress with a little girl to a gun toting castratrix womyn.

FEMINISM APPROVED SHOW.

get ready for
>it's another girl duck saves the day episode

none of the characters are drawn right

I like the art.

Looks like they are going for some shitty "huey dewey and louie are totally characters with different personalities guys!!" from that picture.

At least they mostly kept the same personality, it seems. The girl stands out as completely different though.

what's the evolutionary advantage of not being raped?

>And Donald was hardly in any episodes.

Yeah but they replaced him with original character. I really wonder how they're gonna handle his voice this time.

This new Webby with girl power will ruin it.

Can we all agree that Al Taliaferro drew top Donald?

sure why not

>webby (girl duck) turns from girly girl who plays with dolls and isn't into adventures and shit into a complete badass is is probably tougher and more capable than the boys
>the boys used to have pretty much all the same personality. Just 3 brothers who liked getting into mischief and doing wild things. Now it looks like they all have distinct personalities. One looks like a nerd, one looks laid back and the other looks crazy.

I like the art style but not these changes. (As the appear to be at least)

>they all have distinct personalities
DROPPED

There were alot of Episodes that were very close to some Barks Stories. And we don't know if they will keep Donald around this time.
Why do you think it has to be exactly the same as the old series user?

Distinct wasn't the right word. More like defined personalities. This is more like the powerpuff girls.

From what I heard they actually gave the boys more character as well.
Was about time, they basically were 1 character together.

>they basically were 1 character together
THAT'S THE POINT

I know, but at some point that gets old.

Thats not a positive imo.

>I don't understand characters from kid stories.

Are you retarded? Beagle boys, huey dewey and loui and so on are one entity split up in different bodies.
Thats why in the comics the first nephew is ALWAYS huey the second dewey and so on. It's not about the names but more of a number.

Don Rosa is rolling over in his grave.

>rewatch then when i was 23 or 24
>It still holds and is entertaining
Crap. That's quality kids' animation right there. I wasn't even a huge fan as a kid but man....

he thought the original second season was crap already

He's not dead.

David Tennant as Scrooge is God Tier casting.

Don Rosas "life and times of Scrooge McDuck" is one of the greatest comicbooks ever made.
Fuck your pretentious MAUS and/or Watchmen.

>The artstyle is horrendous
Excuse you.

It did sort of lose its spark.

If it's only 100 episodes, then you can just torrent it like I did.

The original show was alright, but it was overall just a pale imitation of Don Rosa's works. I'd be more hyped over a series based on that duckkino.

You are plain wrong. It was a poor imitation of Carl Barks Work actually.
But yeah, a full length Don Rosas life and times of scrooge mcDuck Cartoon would be pure kino.

>full length adaptation of a fanfic

>fanfic
>not the greatest achievement in disney comics since Barks
>not loving a coherent biography of Scrooge made out of every Piece we know from Barks

Well, Rosa was Barks' student, so it figures that they are similar. The problem with a full length Scrooge McDuck cartoon, is that it would inevitably be disappointing.

The worst thing is that hey would probably tone down Scrooge a lot. His unapologetic hyper-masculinity is borderline politically incorrect these days, especially for kids. I would rather have no animated Scrooge at all, rather than a domesticated one

>>fanfic
yes

I love the implicated rape of goldi

>he prefers Barks to Rosa

This one? Yeah, good luck inserting a joke like that into Ducktales.

Barks is for the thinking men with real taste

Rosa is for plebs attracted to "pretty" art

this
reminder that scrooge isn't actually supposed to be an idealized self made man with solid morals

Reminder that Batman is actually just a weirdo in a bat costume and the Joker is just some asshole with makeup.
Fuck Alan Moore right?!

You can actually appreciate the work of both of them.
Rosa made Scrooge a tragical character. Really great characterisation

take care

get to be selective with your choice of mate and pick the better mate for your offspring

But he isn't in the comic. He actually starts to throw away his morals because he got greedy and selfish over time. That is why his family left him. When he met his nephew donald it was like a wake up call for him.

Fun fact, in real life the Mounties were able to keep the actual Soapy Smith out of Canadian territory due to a policy that anybody coming into Dawson had to prove they had a years worth rations with them.
They also threatened to shoot him on sight,

KEK TALES

>rich whites fucking around with brown people and stealing their gold
how is this allowed in the current year?

What the fuck is the joke? He goes around at night, his dog digs up all the bones, Donald tries to sell them and then the dogs show up and stare at him. They're not even mad. They're just there.

here in, nig world.
FTFY

Why does Disney give every female a grappling hook?

>Do you think this will be any good?
no