What are your favorite horror movies from the last 2-3 years ?

What are your favorite horror movies from the last 2-3 years ?

anime related

Bumpf

It follows. Nothing else really stands out for me.

Definitely not It Follows

>Dark Skies
>Sinister
>10 Cloverfield Lane
>Under the Skin

The Wailing
The Witch
Under the Shadows

what movie is this from?

Split (MOTY so far)
Under The Skin
The Witch (was okay)
Some parts of Prometheus, especially the alien preggo birth scene that shit was fucking brutal

The Witch, but that's too easy of an answer.

The Autopsy of Jane Doe was rad. So was The Wailing and The Blackcoat's Daughter and Housebound.

I also really liked The Hive and Clown, but that's just me it seems.

It Follows.

Anything else?

The Wailing has been mentioned a couple of times, so I'll check that one out.

By far the most fun I have had watching a horror movie as of recent.

It Follows had one of the best horror premises I've seen, but fucked it up by poor scene execution. The tall man scene was a great scene, and the wheelchair one too. Other than that it's all so forgettable.

I still really enjoyed it, I just felt it could have been one of the greatest horrors of all time.

This documentary was awesome.

No One Lives
Muck
Oculus
The Evil Dead 2013 (fuck you I liked it)

Dont Breathe is fucking amazing. Saw it a week ago and it blew me away. Idk if it's really horror rather than thriller but w/e. GOAT movie.

Frankenstein's Army is actually one of my favorite horror movies ever, and it came out in 2013.

It's shit. Goes to hell the second the girl in his basement appears.

>documentary
wat

Sinister is objectively one of the creepiest horror films of the last 20 years.

Bone Tomahawk

Bretty good

youre shit

Bone tomahawk. Excellent choice good sir.

Should I watch it? Would I like it?

It's alright, but I hated the protagonists, and I didn't like how the blind dude seemed to have super powers in a couple of scenes.

I haven't really been "scared" by a horror movie since I was about 12. Is this normal or have I just been watching shitty horror movies?

Normal. It's part of growing up.

It's on Netflix. Find out for yourself.

We liked it.

Good to know.

I hate horror movies, but The VVitch, Stranger Things and Cabin In The Woods were great much due to the fact they weren't horror movies, relying on jumpscares and shitty in-your-face monsters.

Oculus is great. Glad people are starting to realise that.

This one felt so much like a creepypasta. I actually think a poster on Sup Forums in a previous thread said it was based in a creepypasta, butcherface or something. It would explain why the movie got so mediocre towards the end.

As much as I love the film, I agree, the first half is better than the second.

What was the point of the little neighbor kids in It Follows? The kids watch her in the pool and then throw the ball at her window when she's in the bathroom.

Do you think they realized what was going on? Were they just there to make the neighborhood setting more realistic?

OK I'll watch it now. But I'll be back to know how I'll feel about it.

plebs

Under the Shadow and The Wailing.

>Sinister
>The Witch
>Oculus
>pleb

Whoa, gonna check out The Wailing. Looks good

Thanks!

got a nice list to watch now

Cabin in the woods

It Follows was great, apart from that corny scene on the beach. The Witch was also great. The scene where the crow was biting the mother's chest... Also the final Black Philip scene was cool.

The kid on the roof was actually the monster

>No matter which road you choose, it's all going south
>there are actually roads leading in all directions
>none of them go anywhere
>how did they even get there

Also, I would like to see a period horror movie. Not like Dracula, not set in Victorian England, we've had enough of those. I'd like to see a horror taking place in XVI century Italy, or XII century France, in some Catholic monastery. I would like to see a horror movie set in ancient Rome, in the time of Julius Caesar.

Honestly? The fucking Conjuring 2. Worth spending the time if you can sit down with some friends and appreciate how well done 50% of the horror is.

They actually learned the mistakes made in the first film, and it's far better because of it. Of course, it still relies on some jumpscares, the story is average and some of the acting is a little cringey, particularly from Vera Farmiga. All in all, it's a 6/10, not great, but decently fun.

I am not a serial killer
The Innkeepers
the VVitch

I watch a lot of horror movies.

I think my favorites from recent years are It Follows, Late Phases, We Are Still Here, Cheap Thrills, and the Sacrament.

Bonus mentions of Turbo Kid, the Guest, Housebound, and Cooties for being weird, kind of horrory movies.

>Bonus mentions of Turbo Kid, the Guest, Housebound, and Cooties

None of those are straight up horror movies

>Conjuring 2
watched it, liked it.

The taking of Debra Logan

>None of those are straight up horror movies

>Bonus mentions of Turbo Kid, the Guest, Housebound, and Cooties for being weird, kind of horrory movies.
>being weird, kind of horrory movies.
>kind of horrory movies.

You're fucking retarded.

What a cutie

It's shit

>spoiling the only great scene in the movie.

Still more than passable for a found footage movie though.

only great scene? the debra being spooky in the house stuff was great.

Great taste senpai

>>horror movies.

As if I need that with real life

Baskin (2015)
As Above, So Below (2014)
The Pyramid (2014)
Spring (2014)
Blood Punch (2014)
When Animals Dream (2014)
Late Phases (2014)
Der Samurai (2014)
A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night (2014)
Goodnight Mommy (2014)
III: The Ritual (2015)
Evolution (2015)
Welp (2014)

It was solid. It depends if you like those sp00ky atmosphere movies. It slow, but I enjoy slow movies.

such a disappointing movie, even more so when so many people were saying it was good

I liked as above so below better

I don't get the problem with it. It was a cool concept. Alzheimers lady goes nuts but then it gets progressively crazier at the end.

>people think Oculus is good

Fuck off. In addition to not being scary at all the movie itself is shit because the mirror is too powerful. Literally nothing aside from a natural disaster would be able to destroy it, thus removing all tension and suspense from the movie. There were a few good scenes like the apple/lightbulb switch but overall the movie was awful. They went way too far with the concept.

Starry Eyes.

The one with the seemingly fragile girl who becomes ultra badass in the second part.

Semi-documentary. It's merely based on the actions of a certain group that operate out of Serbia, not Slovakia like in the films, and Roth has taken quite a few artistic licences.

Evil Dead remake but no original trilogy. Get the fuck out of here.

>every film on the list is from the 2010s
>HURR WHERES THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY

Smart, aren't you?

aren't those for the 80's? those in the pic are at least close to the time OP asked.

You're fucking retarded, man.

While not much to look at, it sticks quite well. The allegory is plain and in your face but I don't think subtlety is needed in this context.

She stabs the shit out of Nick Simmons.
For that, alone, it was a 10/10.

>2000's horror flick
>first scene is a dark road where a couple is about to have sex
>spooky monster kills them first
>next scene is a wide shot of a large school letting out for spring break with kids running out of the front doors and skateboards and shit with a knock off greenday song playing
>group of main characters come out
>protagonist is a white shy girl who is a virgin
>her best friend for some reason is this slutty cheerleader black girl
>there's gonna be some party or shit everyone is going to and her friend is saying how her hot guy crush will be there and she's gonna finally have sex
>protagonist laughs awkwardly and tells her friend to shut up
>some asshole character comes by and knocks shit out of the protagonists hands on accident
>asshole character laughs and keeps walking
>"what an asshole that guy is"
>he's the killers second victim
>the cute virgin protagonist is the only survivor in the end
>there's a twist ending that the killer is still alive that's revealed right before a pop punk song starts playing loudly and credits roll

I literally got memed into watching Baskin

it wasn't good, and it didn't help that a baby face was a big part of the movie

These guys right here.

You should watch Trick R Treat

>horror movies from the last 2-3 years
>2005

Why? I see it has the kid from bad santa

It subverts a few of those tropes pretty well

Scream

agreed. It's a try hard film with cringy goat fucking jokes.

THE QINO QUADRILOGY

>le dancing children behind his back
shit was trash but at least the opening was captivating

Don't google it, just watch it. As long as you're not expecting a 10/10 GOAT of a movie, you'll probably enjoy it.

holy shit
how bad can your taste be?

>A HYBRID OF RICHARD LINKLATER AND...

It counts.

I couldn't make it through half of it follows. The babadook was decent at best. The Witch was really great. Green room was way overhyped but okay.

>dude hes le ebin rapist meme man so you should cheer for literally thief subhumans LMAO
no

I am going to count You're Next since it was released in 2013 in USA. Loved it. My favorite part was how they started showing more and more of the killers and less of the girl. It started turning perspective to the girl being the monster.

MOOOOOOOORE

Split > Babadook/The Witch/It Follows

who knows? kill yourself retard

>ctrl f
>The Eyes of my mother
>0 results
seriously brehs its worth it, give it a watch
The main protag is deliciously akward/insane

Just came back from Split. Pretty good.

Also pic related is criminally underappreciated. Finest of creature horror.