7 : very good
8:good
9:okay
10:meh
11:bad
12:okayish
13:bad
14:abysmal, simpsons declared dead

the point of no return is marge on steroids for me. Nevermind how bad shit like maude dying and others were before it.

Other urls found in this thread:

deadhomersociety.com/zombiesimpsons/
youtube.com/watch?v=JlmzUEQxOvA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

golden age starts earlier IMO

i wouldn't mind declaring 3 and 4 golden age, but there's a bunch episodes that i don't care much for in these. 5 and 6 are 100% classic simpsons

>5-6: golden age
'no'
>the point of no return is marge on steroids
YES
>you know what's funny? rape!

I'll never understand peoples' love of 1-2. I never liked anything outside of extremely few small moments in them.

I believe the Simpsons showed the first signs of decline in the episode where Lisa becomes a vegetarian.

I wish people would just say the years. I have no idea what the seasons mean.

you google the episodes by years?
>1996, episode 4?
if you were born with the simpsons you'd know, at least an aproximation, like "season 10 must be around 2000"

>Season 19 isnt good

Since none of you have even watched anything past s12 its not like you'd know

Season six is the greatest season of the Simpsons. Fight me fuckers.

>marge puts a gym
>homer ends up getting surgery and cries from his nipples

>homer's mom used her ashes as another way to fuck with whatever cause she defends, therefore overwritting her already overwritten sweet goodbye into "she was a bitch all along"

yeah, no. And that's just two examples

The Simpsons lost quality at the same rate as they removed themselves from reality. Of course they did crazy unrealistic things in the early seasons as well, but the main story was always about something actually grounded in the real world, about things you experience in every day life. The fear of losing your job, failing in school, being lonely and so on. The later episodes are so terrible because there is no connection to the real world at all. You can relate to Homer failing as a father or Lisa being envious of somebody else, but you can't feel for the Simpsons meeting random celebrities or doing the Homer shake.
In that sense the decline already started with the monorail episode.

If you could make any one thing The Simpsons had into reality what would it be?

deadhomersociety.com/zombiesimpsons/

Give this a read if you want a good explanation for why one of your favourite shows fell to shit.

Planet of the Apes the musical

youtube.com/watch?v=JlmzUEQxOvA

I did. It's a really good read.

The Krusty the Clown Show

fuck yes this. I was trying to think of something worth mentioning, because duff beer doesn't sound too promising, and it actually exists somewhere im sure.

So I just stop watching after season 9?

You stop watching at whatever point you don't like it anymore.

Yeah, season 10-12 arnt all that bad though

To be honest though the golden era (2-8) is so good and so densly packed you can just watch them forever

I always notice new things when i rewatch a golden era episode

Yeah but when is it OKAY to stop watching?

see

Whenever you want. Don't be spooked. if you really want people to tell you what to think the most elitist opinion that's somewhat nonfaggy is to stop after 7

>After 7

8 is the best season though

you mispelled 5

the monorail episode is considered one of the greatest

WACKY ZANINESS

I remember when the 14 season aired, I was in denial, hoping to see my beloved classic simpsons once again, I went further from the bodybuilding episode, the next was the one with Tony Hawk and again I skipped it as some sort of 300th special, but in the next episodes Flanders starts dating some blonde bimbo celebrity and that was the last straw, stupid premises, characters doing things they never did before, Homer acting like a complete retard, I can't believe that was more than 10 years ago.

>tony hawk
i knew it on that episode. I was 14 years old or so, and i just knew that the simpsons weren't the show i loved since i could barely speak and pronounce "simpsons"

>tfw when you're not american and watched it in random syndication order and didn't really notice season changes

not compared to the real seasons

You may not notice the differences between seasons 5-7, and you may not notice 8/9, but there's no chance in hell you'd confuse season 12 with season 4.

the simpsons ended when Obama was elected imo. It all just got too liberal for me.

how old are you

>Poor infrastructure budgeting isn't a reality.

Sure, but if you watch, say, season 1-13 in randomized order most of the later episodes doesn't stand at all as clearly compared to the less realistic ones from the classic seasons as they do if you watch serially.

no season 1 is pretty bad

>people breaking into song at town meeting is reality

s7 is where the shit begins

They just meant that the basic plot of each episode was grounded. Of course not all of the gags are.

is it okay to like the movie?

Movie is very zombie simpsons.

rape is hilarious though

>>you know what's funny? rape!

episode?

the one mentioned right before