Redpill me on the EU

I don't really know much about the EU so redpill me Sup Forums. What makes the EU a good or bad thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

europa.eu/about-eu/basic-information/symbols/europe-day/schuman-declaration/index_en.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The EU was the last hope for the countries of Europe. Without it everything will fall apart.

Brexit has ruined Europe.

Fuck off Scotland.

Wiki the European Union and make your own opinion on it

Scotland...

Living in the EU is like being governed by a retirement home where half of them have Altzheimers and the other half have nazi guilt.

Damn I wanted to make this thread too...

Guick guide for dummies:

>The EU starts out as economic cooperation zone for free trade
>During this time, tariffs were extremely high in a protectionist world who had suffered from war
>Slowly turns into USSR like 'Federation of States' without member states having a say
>Starts adopting EU wide legislation that can overrule national Supreme Courts, effectively minimizing national democracies and the traditional nation state
>Finally proposes EU wide "Constitution" (the Lisbon Treaty) which has to be adopted by all member states to pass
>Most member states just flat out adopt it without giving the people a say
>4-5 countries actually hold referendums about adopting the Lisbon Treaty or vetoing it
>They all vote to veto it
>For 3 countries they ignore the vote and veto it anyway
>In 2 countries (Ireland & Finland) they hold a 2nd referendum which is heavily biased and gets millions in EU funds for the 'Adopt' campaign
>'Adopt' wins and they pass the treaty
>The EU is now literally bypassing national legislation and killing individual countries
>Start issuing "EU passports" instead of nation specific passports
>My passport says "EUROPEAN UNION PASSPORT" in English, French and German
>Little text at the bottom says "Kingdom of Sweden"
>Adopts own EU anthem & flag + begins developing "EU army" to threaten Russia
>It's own currency, the "euro" is an absolute and utter crippling failure and devastates much of southern Europe, Portugal and Spain crashes and needs emergency loans along with Greece which is still on life support through hundreds of billions in tax payer funded loans
>EU starts inviting shitty 3rd world countries to the union because of expansionist ambitions, like Romania and Bulgaria
>These people literally invade northern European states because of freedom of movement
>Sweden is flooded with gypsies who have the right to live on welfare and beg outside stores
>tfw EU is about to give 75 million Muslim turkroaches free travel in Europe

Sup Forums is basically putin-pilled on EU, not redpilled.

The destruction of EU has 0 advantages for Europe in general and all the more advantages for big powers competing with the bloc.

Cuck nations like Germany, Sweden, UK and Belgium will still stay cucked.
The Mediterranean nations will burn down either way.
Eastern european countries will fall under Russia's influence again.

Basically, we'll be fucked, because nationalists are stupid and shortsighted, preferring weaker small nations than a strong european federation.

thank you Sweden
Why is it always one of the countries that stand to lose their gibsmedats complaining about it?

>without member states having a say
Stopped reading there as you are implying the councils dont have to say shit, were they, our governments, that are constantly fucking shit up.

> Why is it always one of the countries that stand to lose their gibsmedats complaining about it?
it's investment. Cheaper white workforce, pan-european unity, not leftish bullshit politics and so on. Hungary and Poland did more against the refugee crisis than all the western states of EU, including UK.

>white

Thanks Sweden. Memes aside, it is a damn shame your country is getting enriched with BBC.

>destruction of EU has 0 advantages for Europe
:^)
Industry might be able to start producing finally.

Really? What industry and with what workers?

You're a service-based economy with extremely pampered generations of young people. You'll still be competing with every other developing industry giant out there like BRICS countries. And you'll have competing financial interests between european countries now, instead of cooperation.

>BRICS

>tfw Sup Forums doesn't want a European Empire

Right-wing leaders working together to prevent kebab from entering and allowing Europe to prosper. Why must Perfidious Albion ruin this dream?

it's the fucking worst

That's retarded. From the very beginning it started with federalism as the end game and it was clearly stated.

europa.eu/about-eu/basic-information/symbols/europe-day/schuman-declaration/index_en.htm
> The pooling of coal and steel production should immediately provide for the setting up of common foundations for economic development as a first step in the federation of Europe

Discard everything this uncultured swede said.

Finland didn't hold a referendum on the Lisbon treaty.

>industry giant
>BRICS
pffffffffffffffffff

>Cooperation
they've blocked imports to the UK, and exports from the UK, divided up our waters, and prepetually fucked us over at every single term while flooding us with cheap labour.

If this is what cooperation looks like I do not want to cooperate.
Believe the swiss on this. The dirty bastards tried to convince the swiss with the same arguments they gave us when we left. Even the "your country will split in two!" spiel.

They promised the swiss and the Norwegians that sure financial ruin lay ahead outside of the EU and the Euro. They promised us financial ruin lay ahead outside of the Euro too.

But I don't see any turmoil outside the EU, only inside.

The EU can't change from within lad. Get yourself out while you still can.

Yeah because the EU is clearly doing a great job of keeping kebab out. It's all the UK's fault for taking the only possible right-wing course of action.

Romans tried, they failed
Franks tried, they failed
Habsburgs tried, they failed
French tried, they failed
Germans tried, they failed
EU tried, they failed

STOP TRYING YOU CAN'T WIN

Don't forget, repeat after me.
It's stable economically
It upholds the rights of the oppressed
It defends Europe from tyranny
It defends European values

>has a shit crumbling economy
>fucks over the working man for money whenever it gets a chance
>is tyrannical
>has no values other than money and killing national sovereignty. Maybe proxy wars too.

Nation states will never fall. The more they try, the more nationalism will prevail

Its run by bureaucrats no one elected.

It serves only germoney.

It must be destroyed to get a real US of E

The UK kept cockblocking attempts to get shit done on an EU level. Regardless of what you may think about >muh sovereignty, in the end it's the European Council that gets the final say.

>the uk were the ones stopping us from removing the kebab
You really expect anybody to believe this?

It's a political project. Not a country, not really a union. A project. You decide whether it's good or bad.

My country gained absolutely nothing.
The before/after comparision is a pure disaster.
I don't know how it could be worse if we leave.
I understand the """poor""" countries who want to stay, but seriously it was a fucking bad Idea for France.

The EU is Germany's third attempt to take over Europe only this time it's under the guise of Economics.

Period.

I know it's become a cliche to say it now but this is basically it in a nutshell.

>While most states have an army, the Prussian army has a state - Voltaire

>Poor old Germany. Too big for Europe, too small for the world - Kissinger

EU is an apparatus for Germany to project power globally.