Fucking Chinese underwater ghost base

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-07/china-pushes-plan-for-oceanic-space-station-in-south-china-sea

>China is speeding up efforts to design and build a manned deep-sea platform to help it hunt for minerals in the South China Sea, one that may also serve a military purpose in the disputed waters.

>Such an oceanic “space station” would be located as much as 3,000 meters (9,800 feet) below the surface, according to a recent Science Ministry presentation viewed by Bloomberg.

>The project was mentioned in China’s current five-year economic plan released in March and ranked number two on a list of the top 100 science and technology priorities.

What's their game, Sup Forums? The depth quoted is well beyond the max depth of any nuclear submarine, and you don't needed a manned outpost for deep sea mining.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wQEUVntrUSE
youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Q8a2jmfMk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hope they will wake up the Leviathan of the deep. Then all countries will fight him. Now that's what i call Happening

Not even possible holy kek!

they wont be able to do it

deep sea memeing

Don't let China build a new world wonder guys !

Will the pressure make their eyes round?

>chink version of Rapture
I guarantee the whole thing will rupture and we'll be finding pieces of chink on our beaches

>tfw You will never shitpost on Sup Forums from a comfy pod in the bottom of the Marianas trench before tending to your space age herb garden and test tube steaks

Embrace the future, fag

It is just an excuse to have even more of a presence in the south China seas.

This humanity's new frontier

>yfw blacks can't swim and are too scared to go underwater

Real life LeMU? Hell yea dude, I'm fucking sold.

Does it come with cute girls though? If not, that's a deal breaker.

They're gonna dig through the center of the earth and pop-up in the southeast U.S. with an army of 1 billion chain chinks.

"Hunt for Minerals in the South China Sea" my ass. The South China Sea sports one of the shallowest regions in the Earth's crust.

>inb4 pressure in the core will destroy their project

Oh they can fucking take the pressure with their communist history and squinted eyes. They were built for pressure.

Repeating digits confirm

>inb4 pressure in the core will destroy their project

>Oh they can fucking take the pressure with their communist history and squinted eyes. They were built for pressure.

FUCK. I live in Alabama

> deep sea mining

When was the last time someone forced this meme ?

Ah, yes. Project Azorian :

youtube.com/watch?v=wQEUVntrUSE

Cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Q8a2jmfMk

THE CHINKS /ATLANTEAN/ NOW

In totally unrelated news, the Navy has finished up work on a deep diving 6 man submersible which carries 2 torpedos and can be launched from/recovered by a nuclear sub.

checked

Praise KEK

Kek

the SEAL sub interior.

Pod 6 is jerks

Holy shit, I never even thought of it that way. Undersea utopia when?

>Chinese engineering
>Underwater

Fuck Pod 6!!!!

they are also building their own space station

it's just them waving their dick around saying "we are advanced now too" except they are in a totalitarian regime so they get to do whatever cool shit they want

I for one welcome our new chinese overlords

>you will never conquer the deep ocean
:( Feels bad

Right now in some places

If they're based and not a dick about it.

If you're rich anyway

>Deep under fatal pressure
>With Chinese safety standards
I'm okay with this.

>first day in deep mining outpost
>hey mao is engineer ok?
>mao looks out side to see engineers corpse floating away
>its fine, within casual expectancy
>entire mining outpost turns into a tin can

>underwater ghost base
let the chinese deals with ghosts,
2spooky4me

A balance of power — the trickiest, most difficult, dirtiest game of them all, but the only one that preserves both sides.

This is motherfucking awesome. Why is it bad for someone else to dare to do something crazy?

It was the brits and europeans who did this in the industrial age, followed later by the us and the ussr and japan.

this is awesome.

The dude in the mini sub is Bob from Reboot, too

imagine being that far below the ocean, all the pressure of the ocean forcing itself down on cheaply and poorly made materials

Yes, disorientation is likely.

way back when, "made in japan" meant pure shit. you know what it means now.

"made in china" is following the same route. buy tools (non-electrical) from harbor freight, and you will get chinese made tools for 1/4 the price of american tools, and usually better quality.

If they force the builders to also be the ones staffing the base then it could work. It's how the USSR built it's really important projects.

It's unprecedented too. Not only the depth but the size (33 people). I don't think there's ever been an underwater habitat for more than 6 people or deeper than 384 feet. Sealab II was supposed to be at over 600 feet but it failed due to sabotage.

The only American undersea lab today is only 63 feet deep and for 6 people. The Chinese are leapfrogging a generation beyond our capabilities.

>deep sea mining
>meme

What's this a picture of?

34° 1’23.31″N 118° 59’45.64″W

>3000 meters.

Is this even possible to build a static structure resisting this pressure ?
I mean there is the Mir and the Nautile but they are conceived for short exploration, not being there for years.
Even the military submarines rarely go deeper than 300 meters and have really frequent maintenances.

I don't think so, It most likely will fold under the pressure and break like most other chinese made shit.

Plenty of research submersibles go much deeper than this. The individual modules will just have to be relatively small in diameter, probably just enough to stand up in.

i am fucking HYPED.

Space exploration is dumb as fuck and this shit will be awesome.

Bingo. No doubt they will try and classify any facility they build as sovereign Chinese territory because it has a permanent population therefore they are entitled to the maritime border.

Machinist here.

I build shit that withstands over 12000 lbs psi all the tine

The time it will happen their labor will cost the same as ours (if we are not in civi war though with niggers, spics and muslims).

Remember in the 80s, when the japanese were number one in automobile, high tech and banking, everybody told that Japan will rule the world and look at their situation right now, they are in an economic coma since 10 years, they lost their edge on almost everything. Toyota is still strong but they are fighting with Volkswagen, Sony/Toshiba has been BTFO by the silicon Valley and the Korean, I don't even speak about the banking and the fact that the City dwarfes Tokyo.

And anyway the challenges that China faces logistically to developp country and creating a productive/qualified middle class is nowhere close that the Japanese one was during the 50s to the 70s.

It's not dumb, it's just not really feasible right now to do a whole lot in space that involves humans.

Undersea is harder from an engineering perspective but vastly cheaper, and we learn stuff from it that improves our ability to keep humans alive in space.

The ocean is the tutorial level before space and doing it out of order will only be unnecessarily painful and expensive.

going on a broat down in the ocean is scary

Why so deep underwater then, instead of an artificial island? Storms or something?

Good luck developing ground to orbit technologies by focusing on deep sea diving.

You can't build artificial islands in that deep of water, that would essentially require them to move a mountain.

The weird thing is that artificial islands aren't allowed to claim maritime borders, but that hasn't stopped China yet.

Come home, white man.

We already have. The Gemini astronauts used life support systems adapted from rebreathers. Ion propulsion is just a magnetohydrodynamic drive in space. The ISS and nuclear subs reprocess air and water in essentially the same way.

There's a lot of overlap between the two. Advances in one area benefit the other. Don't be short sighted.

>that would essentially require them to move a mountain.
They've moved more than one by now.

Enjoy getting murder-raped by splicers under the sea. Our manifest destiny leads to the stars.

Does that mean the chinese deep station is US proof?

Why is Captain Kirk working in Hydroponics?

>that would essentially require them to move a mountain

They're moving literally entire mountain ranges on the mainland.

Underwater 4th Reich when?

>"made in china" is following the same route. buy tools (non-electrical) from harbor freight, and you will get chinese made tools for 1/4 the price of american tools, and usually better quality.

You sir have a shit concept of quality. I occasionally buy Harbor Freight stuff for one off projects to save money. Virtually all of it is garbage compared to actual American products.

>inb4 a leak springs that results in their base getting crushed like an aluminum can

I fucking love prospecting machinery.
Truly a testimony to human advancements.

what a matter burger nigger ? M that China will surpass Burgerland ?
I want this to happen to you fucking kikes.
The world ha gone to shit when you started dicating what goes around, thats why we have shitty boards like Sup Forums

Preliminary footage released from the building site

>when
They are already on Antartica

We /biochink/ nao. Gook plasmid tonics when?

>Rememer Aquanox
>Deep sea exploration
>Nuclear war
>Humanity only under water

Oh ffffuuuuuck... they're preparing...

CONFIRMED BREAKOUT OF LEVEL SEVEN BIOHAZARD

ALL PERSONAL MUST CONTAIN THE OUTBREAK

Growing [spoilers]sea[/spoilers] weed.

No way: There is no getting away from Uncle Sam

Where do i jack off?

Shut the hell up, Stormy.

Living undersea is a monumentally cheaper alternative to living in space.

The Chinese just have sense that democratic nations cannot compete with.

>The depth quoted is well beyond the max depth of any nuclear submarine
you made me look up their max depth. wikipedia claims less than 500m

what the hell? I never realized our underwater tech is so shitty

what exactly are the issues? we reached the mariana trench almost 60 years ago. yeah I am aware of the pressure but I assumed there would be many materials by now capable of dealing with it

>Living undersea is a monumentally cheaper alternative to living in space.

It doesn't achieve safeguarding the survival of humanity except for a narrower range of disaster types. But it is immediately profitable which space isn't.

>Make it work correctly or die

Name a disaster that can effect anything more than a few miles below the surface. Because even relativistic bombardment wouldn't be sufficient unless it was a direct hit.

This ought to be good.

>yeah I am aware of the pressure but I assumed there would be many materials by now capable of dealing with it

You forget that technology is not exponential. Titanium is just a lighter version of steel, not a stronger one.

>The Chinese would like to leapfrogg a generation beyond our capabilities.
ftfy

in reality they're going to create a bunch of commotion with drone subs making it look like they're constructing something and then will have the actual colony residents in a copycat colony 15 feet below some lake in the mainland

You have a point but then it would be hard as fuck to escape after that, and much of the sea life we would depend on for food would be dead.

The stuff you could survive *long term* would include plagues, nuclear war, collapse of society and so on but a big enough asteroid would still kill you.

So they'll pull a moon-landing but undersea? Brilliant.

>You have a point but then it would be hard as fuck to escape after that, and much of the sea life we would depend on for food would be dead.
And how is a space colony immune from any of that? There's a lot more to work with under water at a lot lower energy cost than in space.

>and much of the sea life we would depend on for food would be dead.
No, it wouldn't. Even complete global devastation wrought by some alien race's relativistic bombardment would vaporize just the first 5 meters or so of the ocean. Do you have any idea how much energy it would take to heat the whole thing up enough to kill sea life? Life beneath the photic zone probably wouldn't even notice.

>and so on but a big enough asteroid would still kill you.
Only if it's a direct hit, which is extremely unlikely.

IT BEGINS

Kek. I like it.

you are an idiot, if there was a shitty Thai kick boxing discussion board like this in the 1960s you would have said the same exact thing except about "Made in Japan"

Kikes are already moving to China.

>And how is a space colony immune from any of that?

It's really far away. The Earth could be totally destroyed, but if we had a self sufficient Mars colony, humanity could continue.

I'm not saying we don't go into the ocean, just for a different reason. Exploiting oceanic resources is already profitable. It's not the long term investment space is, there is near-immediate return on investment.

Humans could survive in deep water colonies through many types of disaster, but there are still some that we would need an offworld population for.