MUH EQUAL PAY

Why are so few in the mainstream media prepared to explore the actual reasons as to why women are not making as much as men do in sports?

bbc.co.uk/news/world-41685042

Other urls found in this thread:

twitlonger.com/show/n_1sdlh6d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just once, JUST ONCE, I'd like to see a nationally televised gender-integrated tournament so this will finally be out to rest. But it will never happen because people would rather complain

srs question though, why do you think sports is somehow special and women deserve equal pay in e.g. IT?

Body skills vs reasoning skills

imagine if Battle of the Sexes made a return

Pro sports doesn't function like your typical 9-5 job though.

Break down the gender separate events in sports and have it open to everyone. Surely that is true equality. Of course, we know this will never happen and likely revert back to the system we have now

exactly my point

Women should be paid on the level they perform. I think elite women's sports are perfectly entitled to the same salary as the Under 15's boys rep teams get

>women deserve equal pay
why? simply for being women?

not all men deserve equal pay, and neither do women just for being women

I'd pay good money to watch Serena get fucking annihilated by Nadal

But with football

same

i wonder how many rackets the gorilla would wreck

agreed, do away with weight classes, all events involving judges and the different strokes in swimming

however if you think women are not token employees only assigned the most basic tasks without any serious responsibility you are deluding yourself

>ywn be smothered by the thicc thighs of a light skin goddess with curly hair
why live

>light skinned goddess
her fake eyebrows nullify her deity status

>however if you think women are not token employees only assigned the most basic tasks without any serious responsibility you are deluding yourself
Are you still talking about sports here?

Paying a male data analyst, for example, a greater salary than a female who does the same job, holds the same position and has the same qualifications and experience is just wrong, but we're talking about the issue of equal pay in sports and how the argument is actually about equality of outcome.

>hurr, they hold the same position

athletes of every gender produce sports lmao

have you ever worked with women? female data analysts will change the report to include gender neutral pronouns. In fact, based on their skills alone none would have a job.
the kind of abstraction they can work with is push this button please

We're talking about sports and the issue of equal pay in sports, mate. Do you understand that?

Bruh she wouldn’t face Nadal
In the original Battle of the Sexes Billie Jean King (one of the GOAT female tennis players) barely beat an out-of-shape literally who named Bobby Riggs (who might have thrown the match due to gambling debts)
If a GOAT-caliber male like Nadal played any female it would be a massacre the likes of which has never been seen before. It would be like a DI college player playing against a JV high schooler, unironically. The only points the woman would win would be off unforced errors and double faults, and there would be a significant chance of a golden match (man wins without losing a point).

In America we should make the worst pro male teams play the an Star female college team every year. I'd love to watch the Giants fucking meme all over some dyke cunts

I meant vaginally annihilated. Never mentioned tennis, m8.

I don't know. This issue is usually a good litmus test with people I deal with because if you genuinely believe women deserve "equal pay" in sports, you're retarded and beyond saving and there's no sense in wasting time talking to you

They tried to pull that card out big time here in 2015 when the US women's team won the world cup and made a comparison of how little they got compared to the men for their 2014 showing. It was a minority sure but many people were saying "if anything the women should get paid more because they did better!" completely oblivious to the fact no one gives a shit about women's soccer anywhere in the world at any time other than here during the world cup a little because it's an excuse to wave the stars and stripes and beat our chest. Don't really watch soccer but the funny thing is I think the women's soccer federation here or whatever is subsidized and kept afloat from money it siphons off the men's team in the first place lol

muh exception to the rule memes aside, just because it is more apparent playing sports it does not mean women are not useless across every other field

Ah right. Nice one, lad.

Because they'll lose their job if they say anything other than 'muh oppression, muh patriarchy'

Matthew Syed didn't

twitlonger.com/show/n_1sdlh6d

every time

Must be nice to be British and have to pay for this propaganda. :)

Because nobody with a dick fucking cares

Female athletes will make more once our generation of men who idolized athletes dies off and is replaced by a generation who grew up being thirsty for women posting athletic pictures on Instagram.

People with a dick don't want to support women they can't smash.

I always use the cinema analogy to explain it.
Not about actresses or actors, but about success. If your movie makes shit attendance/viewers, does it deserve the same revenue as a James Cameron's blockbuster?
Of course no.
So why women's sports with lower attendance/viewers should deserve the same pay as men's sports who make enormous attendance/viewers?

For me, it's Assball.

>

How can you even be on the internet and say this? We live in a world where motherfuckers send bitcoins to clothed girls across the Ocean in exchange for playing Minecraft.

>People with a dick and a working brain

Sorry, user.

Look, I like strong women. A friend of mine is making a fuck load of cash working for the marketing department of Porsche. She's a pretty girl and has brains. I totally respect that.

But female empowerment of stupid bitches that are almost too retarded to write down their own name is just wrong. This gamma male faggots need to leave the gene pool. It's as simple as that.

There's embracing being a nerdy guy and there's embracing being a socially incompetent basement-dwelling faggot. The latter has to go.

There are people that give veggetarians shit for being a "pussy", when they only ballsy move they've done in their life is putting beef into their mouth. This whole faggot definition needs to be rewritten.

You third world shitters really deserve to be kicked out of the EU

>implying white people support the eu

kek, even carles does not want to share with you carlos

>It's another "Sup Forums pats themselves on the back for discovering the revelation that women are worse at sports than men" episode

No shit, literally no one claims that women are equal to men at sports. Can we stop making these threads every day please?

even an all star male college team would get fucking memed on by the Giants

GREAT WORK
JUST KEEP INGORING THE ROASTY USING A PROXY

KEEP IT UP LADS
ARBYS WILL CLOSE SOON

But what about Bama vs the Browns?

women shouldn't even be allowed to play sports professionally. Even high school boys teams are more athletic and entertaining to watch. We basically only pay the women out of some misplaced sense of fairness, not because they actually produce something worth paying for.

I work in recruitment, my boss made over 100K in bonuses last year and is quite comfortably the hardest worker i've ever been employed with

*she made over

Tbf, he put aside the exceptions to the mean

Men have more people wanting to watching them, have more people in stadiums, produce more money, and get more money, they are better in their sports, look at the joke who is the "female" soccer, but of course we would want they winning but if i don't really enjoy watch unless is my national team and even in this sometimes i don't watch.

Anyway, women wanting to have the same money even producing less money and their sports having worse quality and less people wanting to watch who also helps to produce less money.

But i don't want to discuss these things because i don't know if this make them feel bad, and this is a discussion invented only to divide and cause hate betwen the male and the female, since people are cynical and never say that women produce less money, have less people wanting to watch them and produce less money, the quality of their sports are worse so the people prefer to watch the men and make the women produce less money again because have less people and less market, but since they produce less money and having less people watching and less people interested they will get less money

But i hate to see anyone of any gender in any sports having so much money even being a nothing for society.

>since people are cynical and never say that women produce less money, have less people wanting to watch them and produce less money, the quality of their sports are worse so the people prefer to watch the men and make the women produce less money again because have less people and less market, but since they produce less money and having less people watching and less people interested they will get less money

> But i hate to see anyone of any gender in any sports having so much money even being a nothing for society.

This meme pisses me of. First of all, entertainement is an important part of life and, as such, should be rewarded

> but, but, there are more important things in life that are not as well rewarded

No shit, sherlock. Of course there are things that biologicaly/ethically are more important and AS A WHOLE produces more value to society. But the pool of producers of those things is way bigger and because of that they recieve less individually of the greater value they colletively generate. It's not rocket science.

> but people shouldn't value sports and other entertainement as much and só athletes and the sort shouldn't recieve so much

But they do and people are better of with their existence. So fuck off and let me back to my monkey soup

Seriously. People here were whining that the women's teams only get like 10% of the NT pay of men during the Euros. The men's final got 300m viewers, the women's apparently got 13m. If anything they're being paid twice as much as they actually deserve.

Unironically this

A professional women's volleyball league could actually be fucking huge, but the leftists won't push for its inception because volleyball players are attractive, for the most part.

What about the fact that men are unironically better than women at everything accept giving birth? The sports-gender argument can and should be applied to other industries. Western industry is dying because fat, useless HR sitting in their asses dreaming up new regulations to make men’s jobs harder.

>What about the fact that men are unironically better than women at everything accept giving birth?

Source?

women should be paid as half as man by law so they would need to marry in orther to live, then in exchange for marriage they would provide kids to the men
this is how it has worked for millenias and how it will be in the future, we are just living an interval
when a society stops being misoginistic it gets replaced by a misoginistic one wich is what is happening in the west with islam

What did the taxpayer funded BBC mean by this?

the day a woman nets two on oliver khan in a world cup finals I will care about pay equality

Since it's from the jewmidia, obviously that women and blacks should unite to bring down the white men

Another event dubbed a "Battle of the Sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open[51] between Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. Venus and Serena Williams had claimed that they could beat any male player ranked outside the world's top 200, so Braasch, then ranked 203rd, challenged them both. Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centered around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple bottles of ice cold lager".[52][51] The matches took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park,[53] after Braasch had finished a round of golf and two shandies. He first took on Serena and after leading 5–0, beat her 6–1. Venus then walked on court and again Braasch was victorious, this time winning 6–2.[54] Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance". He added that he had played like someone ranked 600th in order to keep the game "fun".[55] Braasch said the big difference was that men can chase down shots much easier, and that men put spin on the ball that the women can't handle. The Williams sisters adjusted their claim to beating men outside the top 350.[

Spot on.

pic related everytime i see this

>it's a right wing virgins lash out against women thread

>Braasch said the big difference was that men can chase down shots much easier, and that men put spin on the ball that the women can't handle.
I've seen this pasta a lot, but first time I read that part. Nice little detail

>men win

What kind of a men is those,trying to humiliate women?

>women win

Bow down,bitches,new era begins!!

>then ranked 203rd
The thing always missing from this story is that the very next day or week his ranking dropped to like 330-340 something, which is more in line with where he was at at the time. This is why the Williams sisters adjusted their claim to 350

Tbf they were kids themselves. I reckon Serena at her peak would have faired better.

Still she would't have won though

It's the ultimate trump card tho. Men can just point to that whenever muh equality is pronounced.