Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocahontas_(1995_film)#Critical_response
youtube.com/watch?v=2av9SQsMIi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They genuinely wouldn't make that movie today

Too sexist

Too racist

History is just evil and we shouldn't learn it

Let's all lobotomise ourselves because that would be the most politically correct thing to do

Yay diversity

Why do people hate this movie so much? I understand why it pales in comparison to the rest of the 90s Disney movies but is it really that bad?

people hate this movie? i thought everyone loved it

What the shit are you talking about? The argument against this movie is that the history wasn't portrayed accurately

Pocahontas is objectively the best Disney waifu

>Critics argue that the film presents damaging stereotypes of the Native American population.[128] It has been contended that the representation of Native characters, like Grandmother Willow, Meeko, and Flit, as animals, has a marginalizing effect.[128] Also, Kocoum and John Smith go head to head in the film fighting for Pocahontas' affection. It has been argued that Smith's victory over Kocoum in this arena is symbolic of the West's domination over the East and the white man's domination over men of color.[129] The lyrics of the song "Savages", in which the English and the Native Americans each accuse the other culture of being evil and subhuman, have received much criticism, specifically accusations of overt racism.[128]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocahontas_(1995_film)#Critical_response

Clearly the PC crowd existed back in the '90s too

Just kill me right now fám

Don't wanna live on this planet anymore

>Grandmother Willow represented as an animal
Well gee-whizz, I sure didn't know PLANTS were motherfucking animals!

your cunny level is weak

>fuck you disney! white ass racist only making european fairy tales into movies!

>ugh, ok. We will start making cartoons about other cultures tales

>WOW REALLY?! so now my culture is just a cartoon?! fucking racist!

Theres no pleasing them other than killing every single white person, is there?

>The lyrics of the song "Savages", in which the English and the Native Americans each accuse the other culture of being evil and subhuman, have received much criticism, specifically accusations of overt racism.

isnt that like the whole fucking point of the song?

>DUDE WE GENOCIDED YOU LMAO
>DUDE WE PORTRAY FUCKING YOUR WOMEN AFTERWARDS AS INSPIRING

white people are fucking sick. they pull this shit with Miss Saigon and other garbage

Pocahontas was pretty weak in comparison to the rest of the 90s films, which probably also tarnished the later movies. If not for the criticism of this film then maybe stuff like Mulan or Hunchback of Notre Dame would have been more widely loved.

tl;dr Pocahontas did to 90s Disney what the Cars movies did to Pixar

I always liked it from when I was a kid because of all the purples and because pochantes was hot

Whatcha gonna do about it?

Zootopia tho

Not even the right John doing the colonizing

It implies that the natives hating the whites for invading and colonizing their land and murdering them is equal to the whites who hate the natives for existing and not handing over all of their resources.

It's boring, it lacks the sense of fantasy that made Aladdin and Beauty & The Beast so enthralling.

It really is just 90 minutes of some guy trying to pound a squaw

Stay mad you filthy nigger

So what you're saying is, you want films of the past to not portray Natives as upset about whites invading, and you also don't want the racism of historical colonists to be portrayed. You'd prefer a movie about colonization where everyone gets along and sings a happy song.

SAVAGES, SAVAGES.

honestly i remember re-watching this and being suprised it got allowed.

its obvious which side the savages are but they try and make it seem like it can be applied to both.

I always thought it was pretty interesting how Pocahontas moved to another John in the sequel.

I'd be fine with a movie that accurately depicts the settlers as violent invaders and the natives as rightfully defending themselves.

Historically accurate, in other words.

it highlights how fucked they were because of alpha males.

fighting wouldnt have worked for injuns long term.

To be fair, this was EARLY colonization. They didn't KNOW that is what the white people wanted and were just like "who the fuck are these freaks?"

Had this story taken place as little as 50 years later then yeah, anti-white prejudice would have been 100% justified. At that point in the story what the whites are doing is no better or worse than what other rival tribes try to do, just that Europeans have guns and horses. In an open field those generally win, and Europeans try to build their settlements on fields off of shores or rivers, not in the middle of dense forest.

You want it to be historically accurate, but you don't want the "violent invaders" to say anything racist?

Anything else they should avoid to be more accurate? Perhaps their guns should be loaded with cotton balls for extra accuracy.

As we all know, the injuns were entirely peaceful and never a warring race -- not until the evil-as-FUCK European came over and introduced the idea of violence.

#smdh

I know, how dare they compare white people to barbaric injuns. Disgusting.

What the fuck are you even talking about

I don't have a problem with violent white racism being portrayed, the problem is when you suggest non-whites reacting to violent white racism is the same thing.

they wouldnt make it now because a brown girl gets with a blonde blue eyed english guy.

Even though in reality that's what happened (not John Smith though, Rolf)

coming in 2017:
Pocahantas: Fall of the White Man
>a slave ship full of white religious (christian) racists land upon Native American soil and begin their reign of terror. Lead by John Smith, a vicious slave owner and nazi, they begin their murderous rape spree that spans half the continent, until one young, dark skinned, big and beautiful lady decides to take a stand and show the world that black bites back!

Name 1 (one) Disney Princess that survived the BWC.

pocahontas 2 was actually quite historically accurate compared to 1

should have ended with her dying though

I want to plough Pocahontas' fertile land, if you catch my drift

You little Trump-supporting fascists are all the same, always trying to cover up the evils of the white man.

Listen here cis-man, your age is over. You're not stripping any more racist songs out of classic kinos in an attempt to WHITEwash your past. Your white sins are documented forever.

It's pathetic how you pretend to be a left ally but your sniveling defense of your race outs you immediately. Now your next reply better START with an apology for slavery, or I'm not even going to read it. And don't even pretend you're not white, I can see it in your words.

weird how she had access to lipstick though

10/10 will watch

Fuck white people and fuck Trump

I'm not following.

Yeah that's right Tyrone, be the good angry nigger your democrat masters want you to be.

And don't study History, you might learn everybody committed genocide, and even your dear black "brothers" enslaved blacks.

thats actually the first review on the poster

Didn't read your post Nazi, you forgot to apologize for slavery at the start so I stopped reading immediately.

Kek

You're a cuck

There was a sequel?

direct to video, usually disney sequels are used for new animation staff to practise

Both movies arent really good. But I would rather keep on rewatching Pocahontas 2. The first one is just boring and the only good things about it is the romance and the music.

I hope you get shot by a cop

he also got cucked by another man

Well if you want historically accurate I'm pretty sure the Powhatans regularly allied themselves with the English to roll on enemy tribes.
Also Ratcliffe would regularly preach diplomatic relations with the Injuns and eventually they skinned off his face and burned him alive when he was cast out as Governor for being a crazy asshole who wanted a log castle and suspicion of hoarding rations.
Also John Smith and Pocahontas were never a thing. Also Pocahontas converted to Christianity and turned her back on her Indian ways because her dad would give up guns he stole to save her from captivity.
Also Pocahontas isn't her real name.

lol

>suspicion of hoarding rations
That fat fuck, I'll bet he tried to eat all the Indians food too.

Ironically him a few loyal followers were starving to death and the Indians promised them food.
And that was the ambush that lead to them skinning off his face and burning him alive.

I hope you overcome your anger and live a long, prosperous life.

CIVILIZED

I hope they put you in a concentration camp

Colors of the Wind is the goat song of disney though

>they wouldnt make it now because a brown girl gets with a blonde blue eyed english guy.
Exactly

Too racist. And sexist. It should be a race of black trans-racial tri-sexual LGBTQA+-/* womynx colonising the evil white man, obviously

Kek

Kek again

Best villain song coming through.

youtube.com/watch?v=2av9SQsMIi8

Colors of the Wind is menkin's greatest work of art

The difference is no one gave a shit about what they had to say including most liberals and progressives in the media. Most TV shows and movies had no problem mocking rad fems while sending positive liberal femnisits messages. Go back and watch something like Legally Blonde there's a stereotypical SJW that's a running gag. Now everyone acts like they're completely reasonable and if you disagree with them your some kind of Nazi. I feel like everyone's been taking crazy pills.

Don't joke about these things. We know Tarantino browses.

Even that wouldn't be good if it portrayed colored people being violent.

its a black male thang aaaaiiigght

Another quality thread on Sup Forums. Thanks guys, I bet your parents must be proud.

huh, didnt know that

your mom was proud when I fucked her last night

Reminder that the real life governer was a good guy who got skinned alive by the natives

top fucking kek

In reality Pocahontas was a little girl captured by John Smith and brought back to England. She eventually married another brit. Smith's and her relationship was at best friendly.

Doesn't it also present "damaging stereotypes" of the white man.....