Is Daisy Ridley Right That Calling Rey a Mary Sue Is Sexist?

youtu.be/qdSUlpc67YM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jz3oSYB5XB4
eastcoastmovieguys.com/movie-news-and-rumors/2016/12/6/nciwctoq6bms47rv0j494km54yq2qc?format=amp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does it matter?

Yes

But she's also not a Mary Sue

Mary Sue, Mary Sue, Mary Sue, calling a women a feminine name is good.

Yes, if you disagree with it, you are, by definition, a sexist who is unable to see it

>it's been a year and you losers are still talking about me.

>is Daisy right about...
No

Rey is a textbook Mary Sue, she knows all and is perfect in every conceivable way from the beginning. Jew Jew Banks needs to read up on the idea of "character development".

If the next episode(s) revealed that she used to get Jedi training but had her memories wiped, would she still be a Mary Sue?

this board isn't intended for you to spread your youtube channel, please

That's one hell of a retcon. It might just shut us up. Then again this is Sup Forums.

Talking about movies on Sup Forums, who woulda thunk it?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA youtube.com/watch?v=jz3oSYB5XB4

my wife daisy is so cute

>it's sexist because it's a name of a woman
What? Which notion of 'sexist' is she coming from?

>The New Jedi's A feminist...

What is she pointing at?

>facts are sexists
wew!

You know, Daisy Ridley seems a bit dumb.

wtf? How did that picture get in my post? Yes I made a previous Dark Knight thread with that image but I never selected it to be in this thread...

Calling women whores is sexist as well, but doesn't mean it's not true

>What is she pointing at?
these dubs

So is there another term for the Mary Sue trope that isn't a name of a woman? I'm pretty sure that term is meant specifically for female characters.

>newfags are still amazed by image swapping

It's funnier with webms because you get these horrible distorted thumbnails that have nothing to do with the webm

That would be an asspull to save face in the eyes of some SW autists, lets be honest

Its only sexist if her whorishness has nothing to do with the argument.

>"My father's lightsaber? I've been looking for this. He wanted Ben to have it when he was old enough but his mom wouldn't allow it."

Does rey have any flaws? She got scared and panicked once

>You know, Daisy Ridley seems a bit dumb.
Oh man she is actually VERY dumb, or JJ Abrams is one of the worst director's ever who doesn't direct his actors properly nor tell them at all about the film's story.

Here is proof Daisy is really dumb or JJ had no idea what the fuck he was doing to properly direct her and tell her what The Force Awakens was about:
>When asked if she was eager to get the secret of Rey’s backstory off her chest, Daisy Ridley revealed that she believed The Force Awakens already provided plenty of answers.
>“I thought a lot was answered in The Force Awakens. Then after the screening I went for a drink with my agent and everyone, and we were chatting away and I realized that oh, in their minds it’s not answered at all!”

So it is either: Daisy and JJ shot more footage that explained more about the plot but JJ decided to delete the footage...
eastcoastmovieguys.com/movie-news-and-rumors/2016/12/6/nciwctoq6bms47rv0j494km54yq2qc?format=amp

Doesn't matter that shes a Mary Sue. She only exists so Disney can better pander to the SJW special interest fucksticks everyone seems to think actually matter.

All the places niggers jizz on her

No, because the term doesn't take sex into considderation and can be used on men as well, and besides that, they play her off as this amazing god like being that can pull victory directly out of thin air, even going against established forces and rules within the plot and back story to do so. She's the definition of a mary sue.

The real problem is that she's the latest disney lrincess, and all the little girls (and women with child like mentality) can't handle anyone pointing any of that out and ruining their pathetic power fantasy.

women are immune to criticism goy

don't shill your shitty slideshow here

reported this thread

The force is not strong with you user

Meh, if someone's a whore, they're a whore.
I call men whores as well, when they sleep around. Especially for their own personal gain.

Crisped

>She only exists so Disney can better pander to the SJW special interest fucksticks everyone seems to think actually matter.
Seriously if she becomes a princess warrior and defeats all the sith like neo in the matrix I am going to be fucking pissed!

Rey needs to go to the dark side and stay on the dark side due to how powerful she is

God she is so utterly stupid.

Who's more stupid? Her or the fans who defend her character?

It's not sexist at all. It's a criticism of a character in a movie. It's not derogatory on the basis of sex.

It's amazing how misused all these different terms have become.

Gary Stu

I say the fans. There is still a chance she is only defending it because money.

I'm surprised the mouse hasn't clamped down on Hamill shitting on Rey and TFA.

Yeah Rey is perfect in nearly every skill (how the fuck does she speak Droid and Wookie).

But people tend to forget Mary Sue firstly means a character that everyone adore instantly. Something which definitely applies to Rey

It's already implied in the novel, any implication was purposefully cut from the movie along with the entire New Republic subplot (probably tested negatively because it wasn't OT enough)

No. Fuck this character is boring and sucks. I can't wait for the sequel where she is able to convince luke to come out of hiding and train her. Oh boy, will she also cure fucking cancer with teh force?

nu-eu faggots are worse than old eu faggots

If Rey was in Lord of the Rings she would fly the eagles to Mordor to have them drop the ring in the volcano.

>used to get Jedi training but had her memories wiped

Amnesiac is a big flag for Mary Sue's.

Rey/Kylo Heel/Face swap incoming

of coursh

Nah, Rey is definitely a Mary Sue.
But it's sexist to say that whilst not acknowledging that pretty much 90% of male action heroes are Gary Stu's.

test

These characters have backstories the actors know about, you dumbass.

No, she isn't, Luke has flaws and had and needed to be saved a fucking lot, and had to learn stuff. Luke is not a Mary Sue, miss perfect is.

> If you criticise things I like you're a ____ist.

Does not work anymore.

No, because she would've at oldest been like 5 years old with barely any training. But of course slackjaw redditors won't care.

What's your problem? I'm bringing up the point that they probably ditched that angle altogether

meant to say yes not no lmao. seriously use your head better if ya think a toddler having any meaningful training makes sense. she's have to be more powerful than Space Jesus right out of the womb.

>I think Rey is incredible vulnerable
May you give us an example, Ridley?

>I call men whores as well,
Are you a fucking faggot or something?

Teach me, Master Obi Dubs

This

This. There's no way to write their way out of how over powered rey is.

Just imagine how the conversation between her and Luke is going to go.

>Alright, time to begin your training. First we'll start with the basics of using a lightsaber.
Actually, I already know how to use a lightsaber. In fact I defeated Kylo Ren in combat.
>Oh, alright. I guess we'll try something else then. You can use the Force to move objects. It took me years to learn but-
Actually I can do that too. Again to the point of overpowering Kylo.
>Wow, I guess we'll go straight to the advanced techniques. You see the Force can be used to affect the minds of others
Yeah, I already used it to mindcontrol a stormtrooper, and to mind read Kylo (and no, this case he hadn't been shot, which is I'm sure the excuse everyone will post to the above two cases)
>You know what, I declare you a Jedi Master.

That's gay, I always just use Mary Sue regardless of gender.

>the excuse everyone will post to the above two cases)
Pathetic fucking faggot disney cock sucking shills. This movie was indefensible

>But how about piloting? I'm an ace myself
Nah, I already defeated two trained FO pilots by going with a freighter inside of a SD carcass and then doing backflip because our cannons were damaged and could only fire in one direction. First time piloting that ship btw
>B-but how about mechanics?
I know more about the Falcon than your deceased friend Han
>How about languages?
Already know them, all
>Shooting?
7 head shots in a row with my first gun
>Fuuuuuck
>Wait, Han is dead?
Yeah, I already said sorry to Leia
>You know Leia?
No idea, she came to hug me the first time I ever saw her while ignoring Chewie. Btw the Falcon is now mine

Lol, sad to say this is spot on.

>No idea, she came to hug me the first time I ever saw her while ignoring Chewie.

That shit drove me insane in the cinema, I could shrug off Emperor Gollum, actually liked Finn, could ignore orange Yoda, but ignoring your war buddy and the father of your kid's best friend in favour of some literally who.

Fuck Disney.

I can never watch this movie the same way again.

Yes it does

What is a mary sue

Doesn't. No-one cares anymore, I openly talk about liking Trump in my workplace.

daisy a cute. a cute!

The definition is somewhat extense, but to summing it up : Flawless character that beats everybody at everything (even in their fields of expertise) with no explanation whatsoever and that is beloved by everybody at first sight or treated like the strongest nemesis (for the bad guys) as first sight too. All of this from the get to go.

No.

That's the idiot's go to argument whenever something involving a woman receives criticism.

But she didn't write the character. The character was poorly written, and it was written by a man. Therefor criticizing how the character was written can't be sexist.

>No-one cares anymore, I openly talk about liking Trump in my workplace.

Is that why Trump pnly got 25% of the voter population to vote for him?

Because half of Americans can't be arsed to vote?

How was this not obvious to you? Are you fucking retarded?

25% of voters thought he was sexist, racist, xenophobist and evil.

She's not only a mary sue she's the worst actress I've ever seen besides jlaw and kstew

A bit, yes.

Someone save this for the retards that refuse to believe rey is a terrible character.

good, she can crack open the crabs legs next time we go smooching at the kinopalace.

That probably explains why you liked the movie in the first place

m-more please

>character development
nostalgia critic tier criticism

Even you can probably do better than a barren junkie user.

kill yourself you pathetic fuck

Only with simple minded people on the internet. And nobody actually gives a shit about their opinion on anything.

>work
>there are people who actually think like this

>“I thought a lot was answered in The Force Awakens.

Yeah, that she's obviously Luke's daughter, which is the only mystery in this shallow kiddy movie series.

no.
(,., )

still, daisy a cute. a cute!

how old are you?

Doesn't a "Mary sue" mean she's a writer self insert ?

lel

she's not attractive enough to put off other women but she's attractive enough to hook thirsty young nerds. pathetic cunt.

found the newfags