What's the greatest finals performance in the history of the NBA?

What's the greatest finals performance in the history of the NBA?

Hardmode: no Jordan
Honorable mention: Iverson 2001

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=maS9smxRubI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lebron 2016

Unironically Lebron 2017. Even though they didn't win. If he was up against a non super team he'd have won.

His 2015 too when he put the entire team on his back

The Truth in 08

his performance in the 2017 finals basically carried golden state to a championship

this

This. Outplayed LeFraud and carried his meme team to victory.

i know it was a while ago but his face looks so different

this

Detroit Pistons

Has to be this.

LeBron 2016
LeBron 2015
Wade 2006
Shaq 2000
Hakeem 1994

2012-2017 LeBron lol

youtube.com/watch?v=maS9smxRubI

maybe not the Finals, but for the playoffs as a whole absolutely this

1988 James Worthy

san antonio spurs 2014

Good post Portubro

Bird 84

27 points, 14 boards, 3.6 assists, 2 steals and a block per game

Kino

See its a better performance

>those numbers

this

meh

>triple double
>against hakeem
>at home
>wins the series
Meh?

He should have won Final MVP.

His performance in the finals themselves wasn't amazing. 26/9.7 is nice but it's not uncommon plus he did so not very efficiently with .416 from the field and .368 from 3. You can say it was against a Super team but then we have LeBron last year and before putting up much better against much better

it's not so much bird as it is the rockets seeming very unimpressive

Jordan 1993
41/8/6

This. That's why anybody who tries to argue >muh rings is an idiot

>2006
>Literally Refball at its finest
Damn NBA was so trash back then.

Only because Cavs forgot to play defense once Lue became their coach. Would have meant something if Durant did it a year earlier.

Did the Refs make Dirk shoot 2-13 in game 4?

lebron 2015 or 2016

Nope. That's called a assist user.

not the greatest, but Dumars in 89 was pretty touching and he really deserved it after all he went through

>2006
>the nickname DWhistle came to fruition

At least 2011 made that shit worth it.

>spells his name Dwyane
Automatic disqualification

>26 points on 41% shooting
whats this new meme that dirk carried this mavs team in the finals. they won because Terry and Kidd shot fifty fucking percent from 3, not because of dirk's chucking

shut the fuck up if you didn't watch the series

everyone thought the Mavs would get knocked out in the first round of that playoffs, it was not considered a good team but Dirk went ham and the role players all stepped up in key moments

Dirk didn't do any better in the finals than his regular season stats. Yes he made some clutch plays but was nothing above his regular great self in those games. Terry, Kid, Barea, Marion, and Stevenson all had their moments and stepped up big. I'm not saying Dirk wasn't the best player on the floor, but he definitely did not carry that team in those 6 finals games (though he did earlier in the playoffs)

Not the greatest, but I always felt Lebron's 2013 performance was underrated.
People only talk about the Ray Allen shot, but Lebron scored 16 unanswered in Game 6 in the 4th, had 7 in OT, and then had 37 in Game 7 while scoring mostly outside the paint.

Lebron should legitimately have 3 Finals MVPs where his team lost

everyone also forgets that all the Lebron scoring almost single handedly erased a double digit Spurs lead too, and he made the 3 before Ray Allen's 3 that put them in position to tie it.

Shaq hitting free throws.

Didn't this nigga take 20 free throws in one game in that series?

It’s lebron 2016

Fuck that guy but he was godly

Jerry West went so bonkers they gave him the finals MVP...on the losing team.

iirc during that series he shot more free throws than the whole mavs as a team

actually no, it was in game 5. he shot 25 free throws alone while the mavs shot 24 as a whole team. the heat shot 49 free throws that game in total

Athletic players get free throws. Westbrook plays in a small market and gets more than 10 a game; that doesn't mean the refs like him

EASILY this.

He literally beat LeBabby on a superteam in his prime by himself

LeBron beat a much better super team though and his stats were far superior. Mavs combined only scored 94 points a game and it was more of a choke from LeBron

>LeBron beat a much better super team though
>Got Draymond suspended
>Curry was literally coming off a playoff injury
That warriors team wasn't complete, you can't even say they choked.

Curry was hurt, but Draymond played in game 6 and game 7 so really there's no excuse for that. You could even say that last year despite losing LeBron's performance was far better than Dirks

2015 LeBron is so fucking overrated, he lost in 6 games, I don't give a fuck what performance he gave.
Iverson didn't win MVP for getting 1 win on Kobe and Shaq, so why should LeBron? I swear you LeBron people dude.

>Iverson didn't win MVP for getting 1 win on Kobe and Shaq, so why should LeBron? I swear you LeBron people dude.
Because Iverson played like trash. He shot under 40% from the field and put up like 3 boards and assists. LeBron shot 55% and averaged a triple double last year

>weststats
LeBron leads every statistical category in the finals, has been on superteams with other all time greats, but he's 3-5 for a reason, because stats don't tell the entire story.
You could say he's played better teams, but the thing is that if hes really as good as you LeBron fans make him out to be, then he shouldn't have a losing record in the finals, and not just a losing record but an abysmal one.

Cavs are 4-23 in the last 3 seasons that LeBron doesn't play, and 2 of those wins are against non-playoff teams. What a super team

pistons 2004

I wonder why? Maybe if LeBron didn't have such a condecending attitude towards his team, his teammates, and the NBA, maybe they would play better without him, and with him and win some more games.

LeBron treats the NBA as a whole like a 10 dollar hooker. Doesn't care until the playoffs, treats everyone like shit during the regular season, including people in the media, theres a reason why Kyrie wanted to get the fuck out of there.

And you can't even say that it's because the cavs have shitty management, because he caused the same issues in Miami, the guy is Terrell Owens, but worse because people enable him.

>All this random speculation about someone who you've never met
Kyrie is a fucking egotistical moron who think's he's Kobe. Just look what's happening now that he finally gets to lead a team

>speculation
Thats where I'm gonna draw the line with you.

If you don't know about the guy you're arguing about then theres really no argument to be had

You say his team mates play like shit because they don't like him. Give me just one piece of evidence for this

>Maybe if LeBron didn't have such a condecending attitude towards his team, his teammates, and the NBA

Lebron's teammates love him though, half of them were friends of his long before they joined the Cavs.

>the guy is Terell Owens
That's possibly the dumbest cross-sport comparison I've ever seen. Lebron isn't locker room cancer like Owens, he's the leader. They couldn't be more different.

bongs shouldn't be talking about basketball. most of his numbers came in garbage time when all was over, the game 5 was embarrassing and so was game 3 ending when durantula took a dump in his hillary clinton nigger jaws.

also:
>le unironically
kys but kill your family first, end your seed

(Br)o got it right

>t. lelbron fan
i bet you dont even like cleveland, you just bandwagon whatever team he's on

>Sees pic
>Refball
Thanks user. I like being reminded why Wade is a overrated pos.