Parents getting divorced

>parents getting divorced
is this common in your cunt?

Remember that it's your fault

Yes, more than 50% of my friends have divorced parents. Good thing my family is middle-eastern, idk if I could deal with this divorce bullshit.

Yeah, it's pretty common. Imo it's better if one of them actually pulls the trigger instead of them staying together forever while silently hating eachother.

Almost two decades for me, shit was great, my parents sucked at parenting.

Since we are becoming more americanized, yes.

my parents didn't even marry

Yes

y'all nibbas need Islam

My parents have been married for ~30 years now. The notion that people are supposed to stay with each other through thick and thin sort of dissapeared during the later 1900s. I consider myself lucky considering divorce rate is like 60%, and the percentage of the total population that even gets married in the first place is abyssmal.

I live in a redneck town that was founded by Lutheran Germans, so divorces here are very rare, couples stay together even if they each other and are cheating on one another.

there's a 50% divorce rate here

Or just start actually believing in Christianity.
Or just start thinking like actual human beings for once. Everything works.

Divorce was ilegal here until 2004

Jesus*

Do you think staying in a bad relationship with someone you no longer love is natural for humans or what are you implying?

Me mum doesn't wanna divorce. That's because she's afraid that my father will throw her out and bring his missus home.

If you weren't such a NEET it would have never happened

>mfw highest divorce rate on earth

divorces are more common than marriages nowadays

>you no longer love
There was no love there to begin with.

yes

The notion that marriages require love is fairly recent (and mostly American). For hundreds of years and across most societies, marriage was largely seen as a contract between a man and a woman to raise progeny.

Rare flag to my collection

anglos are subhumans

What happens in Portugal?

I didn't know that desu but I'm glad it's been changed then, being exclusive with someone you don't even like for a whole lifetime sounds fucking awful. I'm sure people grow on you the more time you spend together etc but still I don't think it can compare to having actually chosen someone based on emotional compatibility.

No. Children of divorced parents are widely considered subhuman.

Why are other countries so divorce happy? What the fuck is their problem?

Illusion. The "love" you know comes from shitty romance movies, and marriage isn't really about that.

Love is what you develop after living together with the same person for years, it's not the first thing you feel about her/him. A shitty marriage, most of the times, comes from a childish image of love and a lot of selfishness.

idk what causes this - shitty women, weak men or both

i guess they go hand in hand

This. Swede-man, read some literature from before 1900, and I don't mean that in a rude way. I think it would give you some perspective about this.

all irish are subhumans

i think because they live in countries with a bigger population so you can find a new woman much easier and brits are very ugly
what kind of woman would an ugly older irish man even get?

number of bulgarian bastards is big

Dude I know it takes time to cultivate "real" love, I was just saying that it would suck to live hundreds of years ago and be paired with some random asshole and then just hope they grow on you. Of course the ideal would be choosing someone yourself, and then if things get shaky after one or two years (as they often do) that both people are mature enough to try and solve it instead of just leaving right away... sometimes you can salvage it, sometimes you can't. There's a lot of people who just give up which is sad but I don't think going against your own intuition and feelings is right either.

Going out looking for new women when you're older is a sign of poor morals. If you are still in the dating game past 40 you are a sad cunt.

Guess what, it's natural for a man to impregnate multiple women.

it always makes me think what do all those divorced people think about themselves when they see movies where keeping to your promise is seen as the highest virtue, for example the ending of first LoTR movie where Sam would rather drown than break the promise he made to Gandalf, or even Inception movie where the Japanese guy keeps mentioning 'honoring our arrangement'
divorced people broke their vow and don't even feel any remorse, how can they not feel like lesser humans?

Because they complain and circle jerk with their friends who take their side until it feels like they have the moral right to do so. At least in my country no strangers are going to care or judge you for a divorce, it's common after all. Your perspective is interesting though.

It's tricky of course, but some sacrifice should be made, my dude, just like an investment.

it was relatively reciprocal in the west always comparing to other societies

>divorcegium

divorce is so common now it makes me scared of my future if i ever wanted to make a family. is the everlasting love a dead meme? what the fuck should people do then?

Mine aren't divorced but they literally live like neighbors as long as I can remember

nope

people should stop falling for memes like "everlasting love" and understand marriages are for forming a family whose needs are greater than the selfish needs of an individual

OP Are you five years old?
Assuming that you're an adult why do you care so much what your parents do?

Is Ireland a Catholic Sharia state?

Do Americans stop caring about their parents when they get older? That's kind of dark.

No, you just have to be separated for some time to actually get a divorce.

My older brother has basically cut our parents off or when around them acts aggressive or defensive. They are divorced.

Also many Americans move 500 miles or more from the rest of their family to seek job opportunities so they only see their parents on Thanksgiving

You can care about your parents but why concern yourself with their relationship?
It's not like they are going to die if they are separated.
What stake do you have in their continued marriage?
Also depending on the circumstances behind their divorce they might be better off apart.

i have 2 brothers
i can take this whole process fine, but it seems incredibly selfish to do this to them

Americans are literally a different species.

Their relationship is an important link in between immediate family and in the extended family. We have a single family home and two parents through which many things are mediated. Without unity, there is no family.

> marriage is about love

How much does a weekend in Maldivas cost?

when the day of the rope comes, you will be the first to hang

is your time now
show you mom what a real man looks like

Well divorcing is selfish, and thats what i meant, giving everything you can to your wife and then she just wants to divorce you. Fucking scary

Fair enough, divorce can be hard on children, I thought you were just annoyed your parents weren't still together.
Honestly if your family completely fall apart simply because your parents are no longer bound by marriage, the bonds between your family members was never very strong to begin with.
My parents divorced when I was about five years old, and every member of my family maintained connection to each other even if they were not still all around all the time, my parents prior to their divorce were on the verge of murdering each other but afterwards they actually became closer and while I was upset at the time it was better to have a calm separated home than a combined but stressful one.

>Honestly if your family completely fall apart simply because your parents are no longer bound by marriage, the bonds between your family members was never very strong to begin with.
I don't really think you understand but that's OK.

Marrying "simply for the children" after the fact is worse.