Daily Japanese Thread - DJT #1904

Stop dying, I'm running out of OP images edition.

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
djtguide.neocities.org/

Discuss the process of learning Japanese.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/LhOdT
youtu.be/jakXVEUTT48
youtu.be/PO92RNd4NH0
nihongokyoshi.co.jp/manbow/manbow.php?id=1117&TAB=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

JAPANESE PEOPLE!

How do I know how to say these words? They have multiple pronunciations.

Int DJT should just stay dead to be honest, all Japanese learners should stay in one thread thats better for everyone if you ask me.

Through the magic of CONTEXT, which is Japanese for "ahahaha fuck you gaijin"

Japanese should just stay dead to be honest, all second language learners should stay with English thats better for everyone if you ask me.

Didn't mean to offend anyone, don't you think it would be nice if all Japanese learners would be learning together in a single thread?

Going back to Sup Forums is sadly not an option, but half dead threads here due to the split userbase isn't nice either.
On /jp/ threads last a week with more than 600 posts.

People said the /jp/ thread is "full of autistic jpsies" but I think most people here never gave it a chance, in reality it's mostly people like us from Sup Forums or Sup Forums and not jpsies.
There might be an asshole once in a while, but the same applies to Sup Forums as well.

I just think the split DJT is fucking shit, don't want to stir up shit, I'm now going to leave the thread and read for a bit.

>most people here never gave it a chance
Yeah, let's give Arabs a chance in Germany too!
/jp/ is and has always been garbage for producing anything, I fed both threads after the split for a couple months before slowly giving up on the spergs over there and their janny girlfriend, who will only intervene (with a chain delete) when the resident shitposters are contested for their bullshit.

At least here one can fire back and we don't have to groupthink. At this point, I'd rather just retract to the DIscord server than to give Daily Read More General my time.

>shitposter got BTFO by the /jp/ mod
Yeah no wonder you don't like it

the split userbase sucks, but if anything DJT should be on Sup Forums
you don't necessarily must have any interest in otaku shit when learning japanese, but learning foreign languages is always Sup Forums related

>海になれたら
What is this saying? I think たら is the conditional, but what's なれ?

慣れる.

Install Rikai.

just look at this shit for example, this thread is 37 fucking days old

>I'm running out of OP images edition.
imgur.com/a/LhOdT

Rapaz... 三九.

neat!

saved most of them except the few which are too autistic

by the way, if everyone is worried about this thread dying and don't want to deal with the cancer that is /jp/
y'all could use the djt thread on 8ch's Sup Forums board instead
get the best of both worlds:
none of the shitters from /jp/ and none of the normals like the german in this thread
it's the closest thing to being back on Sup Forums

>and none of the normals like the german in this thread
watch it aussie

Morning, DJT

こんばんわ

>ついに出来るの日が来た。
ついに出来る日が来た。

出来る日、ね
「の」は要らない

Ohio, pls respond

言ったはずだ、全然全然できない

You already got the correct answer, do you really need a nip to say fuck you gaijin directly?

全体的によくできてるからあとは細かいところだけだよ
頑張って

>頑張って
I will. But for now please help me understand this one

一人の人しか言わないことを
Something that just one person says
一般化するのは、
applying it to everyone (makinf it a general consensus)
よくありませんよ。
not good

It's not good to take something that one person said and assume it's a general trend.

>よくありませんよ
I don't quite get this part. Unless it's like in English when someone says "It doesn't do to (do something you're not supposed to do)

It's just the negative form of いい(よい). Literally "not good".

Ah, I keep forgetting about that. Thank you very much

why do you change 卒業 into 出来る?
at least that should be a noun.

If there are esoteric sentences, they are not worth reading for you.
Japanese language always should be writing simply for being able to read easily for readers.
The choice of words and prosody are important than the grammar.
At the same time, the understanding those helps you learn the grammar.
Therefore you don't have to read the sentences you can't read.

>Japanese language always should be writing simply for being able to read easily for readers.
That's no fun.

it's simple beauty
ONLY the person who can't do it objects to it.
your post have caused confusion already.

>your post have caused confusion already.
What?

外国の花はきれいですか

if you can ignore the terrible sentences, your Japanese would become good more and more.

That's the idea, yes.

これからはコスモスと彼岸花の季節ですね

君の英語みたいに?

Bump

>自分で自分をほめてあげたい
Why is あげる used here? I'm translating it as "I want to praise myself", but it seems weird thinking it like that.

明後日からはフロリダ人の皆殺し
お楽しみ

Both ageru and kureru would be weird here, I guess it just focus more on praising oneself rather than receiving appraisal from oneself.

頑張ってね、メキシカンスレーヤーちゃん!

in a simple way ほめたい is fine, too. when you look up ~してあげる, naturally you will get it, I think. in this case it means "do in someone's behalf" or "do something for someone"

中二病ですね
分かります

勉強終わり。。難しかった

I've stopped obsessing over understanding each example sentence perfectly as I can but this one seems really weird to me. All of the other ones were perfectly logical but this one seems a bit disconnected. Could someone help me with the second sentence, maybe I'm just interpreting it wrong.

I am not very fond of words like "manly" or "womanly." Isn't it better for everyone to live like the person that they are?
jes b urself bro

Ah yeah that's what I had in mind, the ではないでしょうか tripped me up. Thanks user.

Based Steve covering us up!

やっと読み終わったー
最初と最後の100ページくらいは面白かったけど、その間の300ページはクソつまらなかった…
結末にもがっかりしたし

Oh, well. Now that I'm finally finished, I can move on to the next thing. Anyone have any recommendations for good Japanese novels? I've only read Higashino Keigo so far, and his writing style gets on my nerves.

what's it about?

got no real recommendation, I'm currently reading Shinsekai Yori and I think sometimes they use some weird/old kanji just to fuck with you

A girl is raped and then accidentally killed by two teenage delinquents. Her father gets a mysterious message one day revealing the names of the perpetrators, and so he decides to take revenge on them.

I'm thinking of reading 人間失格 next since it's significantly shorter (さまよう刃 was 500 pages), but I've heard that it's somewhat difficult.

where do I find dogen's phonetics videos? where did they go?

is it this?
youtu.be/jakXVEUTT48

Yeah. He just went and took most of them down. Wondering if anyone backed them up.

ok, I literally just googled "dogen's phonetics videos" from your post and it was the first result, like nigga wtf are you doing

おかしな日本語を書く人間とばかり話していると、
正しい日本語が身に付かなくなる。

このような意見を聞いたとき普通の人は共感する。
だが反論する者は、まさしく自分自身がおかしな日本語を書く人間に他ならないのだろう。

問題は日本語スレが糞だらけで耐えられない状態に陥ったんだ

Strictly speaking, 自分をほめてあげたい is not a desire probably.
自分で自分をほめてあげようと思う is close.
I'm thinking of giving myself praise.

ここで話せばいいじゃない

勿論、だがここには母語話者が少ない

アメリカだからね。ここは。
まあいいじゃないか。

あなたはもし日本に来たら、どんな所に行きたい?

優先は東京だね、その後でどうしたらいいか知らない

東京か。

まず西へ向かって富士山を見に行くといいよ。
その後、鎌倉で中世の街並みを楽しむとよい。

どーん

>富士山
当然、日本の誇りを見に行かなきゃ、まるでチンポのような扱いと思われる

そう
それはとっても大きなチンポだ

知ってる、富士山を何回も登って降りると、いつか山は噴出して白い物が漏る。。。雪かな

もちろん雪だ
それはとても気持ちいいものだ

Should I start reading Yotsubato with 3k words in anki?

the sooner you start reading the better

are the captchas fucking shit for anyone else lately... I have to solve a shit ton to post

I want to go to Shinjuku Gyoen

bump with nazi idols

Can any Knee Hawn Jeans attest to this information being accurate?
>1. thumb: 親指(おやゆび)”parent finger”
>2. pointer/index/forefinger: 人差し指(ひとさしゆび) “people pointing finger”
>3. middle finger: 中指(なかゆび)”middle finger”
>4. ring finger: 薬指(くすりゆび) “medicine finger”
>5. pinky: 小指(こゆび)”little finger”

the cherryblossoms are beautiful in Tokyo

it's correct

おかしい日本語でも構わぬ
これは僕なりのシット•ポスティング

check the top right of the page
[settings] > [legacy CAPTCHA] > [save settings]

youtu.be/PO92RNd4NH0
ごシックレスビアンのバンプ

What the fuck is wrong with this magic spell part? It means that this katakana gibberish is the meaning and she's actually speaking the Japanese words which are used as furigana or what?
And I don't mean the 'firebolt' part, that is obvious.

she's speaking the katakana part and the kanji are the translation

But normally furigana is the actual words being spoken. (Like we see here in the firebolt part, which I understand without any problems.)
What's the meaning of the inversion in the incantation part?

カナカナで呪文を叫ぶのが格好良いんだよ!

>カナカナ
>Mum, I'm Japanese.
But do you mean it looks even 'cooler' than using the normal convention and writing the spell in kanji then adding the 'cool' furigana on top?

can a native Japanese explain the circled きて? I asked on /jp/ but people disagreed

何だか知らねぇが私が相手だどっ
What does that mean?

>talking to friend
>he says CANji instead of kanji

Does there happen to be a character whose name starts with a ど?

My interpretation is that they decided to invert the katakana and kanji because the words aren't borrowed english or anything.
that is to say that because the words are made up it makes more sense to sound what they are saying and put kanji where the furigana should be.

>sound what they are saying
But that's what furigana is for
>the words are made up
It's Ratin or some other romance language.

No

>(2)動作や変化のありかたを表す。
nihongokyoshi.co.jp/manbow/manbow.php?id=1117&TAB=1

I might be wrong, but I think the ありかた part could be key here, because they are basically switching tasks
the first guy was supposed to do the preparations, but the other guy tells him then to clean up while he does the preparation shit

Should I start deck mining with reading, or is a game fine?

As a canadian you have no right to comment on how someone is pronouncing A sounds, the way you fuckers say pasta should be considered a crime.

how do they say it?