8 states to vote on legalization of recrational marijuana use in November

money.cnn.com/2016/06/29/news/california-marijuana-legalization/index.html?sr=twCNN062916california-marijuana-legalization0649PMVODtopPhoto&linkId=26051322

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

theweedblog.com/which-states-are-going-to-be-voting-on-marijuana-reform-in-november-2016/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can't comment on how it'll affect me, but it'll hopefully bring down both the street prices here as well as online.

>california

no doubt they will win

sounds like a HUGE pointless distraction right now. No one gives a FUCK about weed.

its as good as legal there anyways

Medical MJ is a BIG deal for me!

Fucks like you means THIS US citizen is barred from liberty and happiness.

Check & mate, nigger.

>8 states
Utter shit, should be done on the federal level.

My nigga Papito

theyre holding out as long as possible for that to milk all the shekels they can

I own two restaurants. I have about 20 employees.

The location I run does higher volume, and I'm able to run a shift with just me, one kitchen employee, and two servers.

The other location requires 7 people.

I've tried hiring people in the $11 to $13 an hour range, but it just doesn't work.

My insurance is less expensive if I drug test. Most of my employees are pot heads, and I tell them, "hey, we do oral swab tests, so just stop smoking for 48 hours and you'll pass." and still I can't get a fucking new hire to pass a drug test.

I'm about to sell both locations and open a new location with a kitchen and menu design that would allow the place to do high volume with no more than 2 employees.

Poor people should be rounded up, forced into camps, and rented out as cheap slave labor. They're all fucking worthless.

This doesn't have anything to do with legalizing weed, really. But fuck these dopehead niggers and spics, and the braindead white kids who emulate them. I hate having to manage these people.

Makes no difference here in California. Medical marijuana license is a joke. Anyone can get one.

I predict some states will legalize it but NOT California. Last time they tried this everyone was confused about why it didn't pass and it turned out only eight fucking percent of people under 18-35 year olds came out. I'm sure everyone has forgotten about that by now.

lol, so basically, insurance is fucking you in the ass and you are blaming your workings for smoking weed?

you're pointing your anger in the wrong direction.

>Nevada
>Arizona
>Massachusetts
>Maine
>Florida
>Missouri
>Arkansas
The article only names seven?

Either way, the only reason this is happening to to get millennials out to vote for Hillary.

oh never mind, california as well

>can't comment on how this will effect me.
Just admit you smoke weed, this isn't Facebook.

I for one can't wait until tax dollars stop getting wasted busting stoners and dealers with a plant you can't O.D. on and start funneling funds at heroin and crack.

Fuck off conservishit

>Nevada
Possibly
>Arizona
Will pass
>Massachusetts
Ye
>Maine
Aye
>Floridia
To many old people so no
>Missouri
Ayy lmao never gonna happen
>Arkansas
Bunch of red neck gun totters surprised it's on the list

>the herbal jew

meth is a big problem here too

> National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, or NORML

> Normalization

Marijuana is a tool. They are legalizing it as a weapon against the masses. Most of the pot heads I'v met are normies with no ambitions in life.

Marijuana legalization is an assault against red pilling.

Still a federal crime.

>Bunch of red neck gun totters surprised it's on the list

Aren't rednecks big weed traffickers and routinely partake as well?
That's the vision the entertainment machine feeds

>central valley confirmed
Hello mexico.

i live in texas

meth is pretty big all across the south us

>your state will never have dank weed

Massachusetts here.

The folks running the marijuana legalization initiative effort over here recently handed in their last round of signatures. Now they just need to get certified and sent to the MA secretary of state. Next step after that is the November ballot.

THERE IS NO STOPPING IT
DUDE WEED LOL

Look. They have to keep white calm and docile or else a lot of legal gun owners are going to start showing up at these "rallies." As an intelligent informed white person you have three choices: stay stoned constantly, commit suicide or go on an all out killing spree.

I was going to say meth instead of crack but I'm so high I couldn't think of what I was two drugs I was going to say.

This is bad.
Weed is a federal offense, Why even bother making it legal on the STATESIDE when you can still committ a felony by using it?

Actually they might not. They voted on it years ago and all the growers in the state voted to keep it illegal so prices wouldn't go down.

take your time

As an open protest against Federal overreach. Personally how I see it at least.

Ever heard of something called using the states as "laboratories of Democracy"? It's a time-tested approach that has been used for longer than either of us have been alive. Marijuana legalization is another example of that type of thinking.

As a matter of fact, the newest Democratic party platform specifically calls for the federal government to stay OUT of state-level marijuana legalization.

Yeah dude, why stop arresting our own citizens to make money for private prisons?

it's a red herring. It's so millennials go out to vote and swing for democrats.

The bottom three states are only voting for medical marijuana not the full blown legal pot

People in legal pot states how much do you pay for eighths (of good shit)? I live in nyc and its 50

Stupid thing to say. Why wouldn't they do it in every swing state, then, genius?

Not everything is a conspiracy.

$15 to $25 here in WA state. It just keeps getting cheaper though.

DUDE
U
D
E

Am I the only one wondering what the fuck is up with this niggas face? He looks like a baby with a moustache or an alien or something.

HIT DAT NIGGA

SMOKE DAT WEED

GIT DAT GUN

SHOOT DAT THUG

SLAP DAT HO

GRAB DAT CRACK

because they don't have to. Florida alone is enough to fuck any republican candidate over.

drugs and booze are nowadays the only thing making people happy

Is this part of the plot to integrate Mexico into the US?

Good we need more jobs

>be cuckifornia with 10,000 acres
>MJ is becoming legal

e/b/oc ;___D_DDDDD

t. haven't smoked weed in 5 years :DDDDDD

>Massachusetts is one of them

Its gonna easily pass since theres lots of pot heads here in Massachusetts.

That is one HIDEOUS nigger.

That's not at all what he said.

Lol no. Taconiggers can't into decent weed.

I'm a leader in my workplace, and generally kick ass at life. I intake THC in one form or another every 2 hours for the past decade. It's not the weed, it's their low IQ and shitty values.

In colorado since it has passed literally nothing has changed besides we save money on jails and get extra tax for schools....

>Its gonna easily pass
No doubt. Massachusetts has passed every single marijuana-related ballot question put in front of them in recent years, including the non-binding ones related to legalization for recreational use.

It's gonna be a 60-40 type decision in favor of legalization.

it would free up money from your prison system retard, also take away money from gangs and bring in tax money

theweedblog.com/which-states-are-going-to-be-voting-on-marijuana-reform-in-november-2016/
California – The Adult Use of Marijuana Act (AUMA) campaign has turned in enough signatures that it will likely be on the ballot in California in November. The initiative would legalize the possession of one ounce of marijuana flower, or up to four grams of cannabis concentrates for those 21 years and older. The cultivation of up to six plants would also be legalized, in addition to hemp production and a taxed and regulated system for a recreational marijuana industry.

Nevada – Nevada voters will see marijuana legalization on the ballot in November. The initiative would legalize the possession of one ounce for those 21 years and older, and a taxed and regulated recreational cannabis industry. Anyone who does not live within 25 miles of a marijuana store would be allowed to grow up to six marijuana plants.

damn that'd be incredible.

Maine – An initiative in Maine, which originally had been determined to not have enough valid signatures to make the ballot, will indeed appear on the November ballot after the campaign successfully sued to get some invalid signatures validated. The initiated legalizes the possession of up to 2 1/2 ounces of marijuana and legalize the possession, cultivate, and transportation of up to ‘6 flowering marijuana plants, 12 immature marijuana plants and unlimited seedlings, and possess all the marijuana produced by the marijuana plants at that person’s residence’ for those 21 years and older. The initiative would also create a taxed and regulated recreational cannabis industry.

Arizona – The ’Legalization and Regulation of Marijuana Act‘ initiative should be on the ballot in Arizona this November. The signature deadline isn’t until July 7th, and signature gathering efforts have been going strong. The initiative would legalize the possession of up to one ounce of marijuana for those 21 years and older. Additionally, the initiative would create a taxed and regulated recreational cannabis industry. The initiative ‘allows adults to grow up to six marijuana plants in an enclosed, locked space within their residences and possess the marijuana produced by those plants in the location where it was grown. No more than 12 total marijuana plants can be grown in a single residence.’

Massachusetts – An initiative to regulate and tax marijuana like alcohol in Massachusetts should be on the November ballot. The initiative met the initial requirement to put the issue before the Massachusetts Legislature, which punted on the issue. Campaign organizers have to gather a little over 10,000 signatures by June 22nd, which I don’t see being an issue. The initiative would create a taxed and regulated recreational cannabis industry. The initiative ‘allows adults 21 years of age and older to possess up to one ounce of marijuana outside of their residences and up to 10 ounces of marijuana in an enclosed, locked space within their residences.’ The initiative also allows ‘allows adults 21 years of age and older to grow up to six marijuana plants in an enclosed, locked space within their residences and possess the marijuana produced by those plants in the location where it was grown. No more than 12 total marijuana plants can be grown in a single residence.’

Florida – Florida will be voting on medical marijuana for the second election cycle in a row. Florida saw medical marijuana narrowly defeated (2 percent) in 2014. The campaign is back with a better initiative, and has the benefit of knowing the pitfalls to avoid and how to better leverage what works this time around. The initiative legalizes the ’medical use of marijuana for individuals with debilitating medical conditions as determined by a licensed Florida physician. Allows caregivers to assist patients’ medical use of marijuana. The Department of Health shall register and regulate centers that produce and distribute marijuana for medical purposes and shall issue identification cards to patients and caregivers.’

Missouri – New Approach Missouri has turned in a significant amount of signatures, and if the signature validation rate goes well, Missouri voters should see medical marijuana on the ballot. Roughly 167,000 valid signatures are needed, and the campaign turned in roughly 250,000 total signatures according to media reports. That means there would need to be between a 66-67% validation rate. Looking at historical validation rates for other initiatives in recent history, that’s about in the middle of what has occurred, so there’s a great chance the initiative will make it.

Michigan – The MILegalize campaign has had a spot in my heart since the very first announcement of the campaign. I have always rooted for Michigan, and for reasons that are unknown to me, and don’t make sense to me, the Michigan campaign went the entire way without any significant help from the national level. The campaign turned in hundred of thousands of signatures, and while it will take a pretty high signatures validation rate, I’m still personally hopeful that the recreational marijuana legalization initiative will make the ballot. The MILegalize team did an outstanding job, and I tip my hat to everyone involved. The grassroots movement in Michigan is strong, and I look forward to anything and everything that comes out of there. Go get ’em Michigan!

Honorable mentions – Arkansas and North Dakota are currently gathering signatures. Arkansas has an August 25 deadline for the Secretary of State to certify initiatives, and the deadline for signature gathering in North Dakota is July 11th Those are two states to keep an eye on. It’s tough to say whether they will meet the deadline at this time, but are within striking distance if they received enough help!

>insurance
god bless america

>$15 to $25 here in WA state. It just keeps getting cheaper though.

Same here in Oregon. Price of weed plummeted after legalization. Its like a paradise.

Prohibition is what made the right a joke (rightfully) in the eyes of the masses.

they are just stupid, like all masses are

This nigga looks like a weird black pepe

How many growers could there possibly be?

Massachusetts info is outdated. The June 22nd signatures have been handed in already.

I love it, the competition with the black market is great.

A lot. Most of the illegal weed in the country comes from California.

blacks use illegal guns idiots, like all criminals

right the article is from early June. It at least lists all 8 states and gives a bit of info on what the ballot initiative will actually legalize.

That CNN one is worse than a buzzfeed clickbait article. It doesn't list all the states nor does it provide any helpful information

No it is the red pill.

This has no affect on whether or not Trump will win. Arizona isn't going to flip Dem just because this is on the ballot.

>It's gonna be a 60-40 type

Nah more than that at least probably 70 - 30 or more.

It will be struck down in Florida. It's in Rick Scott's best interests to keep marijuana in pill form because he profits off the medical industry.

>Ayyy mannn
>exhale
>its ya boi ~papito~

>Maryland isnt on that list
What good are all the cucks and niggers in central maryland if they dont legalize weed? They actually voted in faggot marriage for fuck sake.

>Legal weed in Massachusetts

Might as well. The tax revenue can help clean the dead heroin addicts off the street.

Idk about that famalam. It came really close to passing last time.

>Idiots actually believe this
You realize you wouldn't even know wtf the red pill is if it wasn't for people who smoke pot right?

Cannabis is one of the few things in history that the government is abhorrently against, but is actually being forced to slide on because the people are forcing it on them.

The elite don't want you to smoke pot. Which is even more of a reason why you should at least try it. I mean it's not for everybody it's not wrong to use though.

>An initiative to regulate and tax marijuana like alcohol in Massachusetts
People will end up buying weed off of dealers to avoid the tax bullshit.

>The initiated legalizes the possession of up to 2 1/2 ounces of marijuana and legalize the possession
If you are legalizing weed, drop the max posession shit and let people carry whatever they want.

This. A lot of our founding fathers smoked it.

>The tax revenue can help clean the dead heroin addicts off the street

No kidding. Heroin needs to fucking go. Fuck heroin for existing in the first place.

>no Jew York

the liberal stronghold that is my home state still won't vote on my one degenerate indulgence

D
U
D
E
W
E
E
D
L
M
A
O

>won't be legal here for another ~30 years
>will be too old to enjoy it properly/dead by then

count yourselves lucky.

Let the junkies kill themselves off, natural selection.

Enjoy your Medicaid costs going up to pay for mentally stunted people.

It shouldn't have been illegal in the first place. I'm more interested in industrial Hemp production. However, it's a fine drug and shouldn't incarcerate this many people and long overdue.

>freedom

Florida came really close to passing last time in 2014. most of the stoners stayed at home and didn't vote. It needed 60 % and it got 58%. If more people come out and vote this time it will pass.

I think 70 - 30 is too much. The political establishment in this state has been working overtime to try to convince people to vote no on this initiative, and I don't believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that any state-wide polling on the issue has shown a 70 - 30 split.

I would say a 70 - 30 split *might* be possible if there is particularly high voter turnout, but I think it's more likely to fall within the 60 - 40 range.

Eastern Long Island here
$40 if you have a good relationship with your dealer

Mine is my buddy from highschool for example, I always stock up before going back to college

As if a large proportion of this country isn't mentally stunted with or without Cannabis.

One of the few things that shows how ridiculous our government is.
>its the devil
>has patents on cannabinoids

>liberal stronghold

Upstate would fuck it up for you if it DID go to a vote.

are you from NY?
I'm from Long Island and go to school in the capital region

there's pot heads everywhere, especially in upstate since there really is nothing to do up there

throw in NYC and I feel like there's a decent amount of people that'd push for it

The SCOTUS ruling that allows Feds to regulate drugs (and any INTRAstate commerce) is complete garbage desu. It was made during the Great Depression to allow FDR's price control schemes to subvert the free market. I feel like it could get overturned if it went back nowadays.

>Thoughts?

That's one ugly motherfucking spook in that pic.