Worth a watch?

worth a watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm0761571/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's entertaining but forgettable. Main character isn't a villain enough to be memorable, and isn't likable enough to care for. Pretty by the numbers story that really isn't thought out.

no, not even a clock

The dude isn't supposed to be a villain, though. Just a winners story.

On if you take a drink everytime they use a dutch angle

Yes.

You're a retard and a fag, so I guess that makes you an American.

7/10; would chuckle again.

>You're a retard and a fag, so I guess that makes you an American.
great argument

Does anyone get BLACKED?

The last 5 new releases I had to turn off.

I ate at that guy's first ever McDonald's once. It's in Chicago.

no keep the watch, they're making a comeback

there's like one black person in this movie, and I think he was cooking fries.

Comfy

How much do you value your time? If you're a NEET then it's a decent time sink.

On some level, I actually relate to Ray Kroc because he was in this 50's when he finally struck it rich. He was always chasing the pursuit of fortune and fame, but floundered in the past. Especially in this economy and shitty job market, that scene with the self-help records hit too close to home.

It's amazing how he went from this wide-eyed guy who admired what the brothers did to this cold bastard that rewrote history for his own self-glorification. That's Stalin-level assholery there.

Oh and Linda Cardellini was hot as fuck.

>wide-eyed guy who admired what the brothers did
I dunno, it never really seemed like he admired them as much as he saw the value in what they were doing and wanted to cash in on it.

It's figuratively a shameless commercial for McDonald's, my eyes almost rolled out during the first hour.

The Kroc guy fucking over the McDonald's brothers is the only redeeming part of it

yeah, because the whole time I was watching it I was like
>I really want a watered down, previously frozen, chemical ridden bastardization of what mcdonalds was actually supposed to be

Well obviously he saw the potentials of how they made their restaurant efficient and the iconic imagery behind it, but during the dinner in the beginning, you could actually see Ray look at them with ardent admiration for basically introducing the assembly line to fast food.

The brothers lacked the drive to push their business like Kroc did. I'm not saying what he did to the McDonalds was right, but they would've just kept those handful restaurants. Ray was able to multiply it into a sustaining franchise.

He really should've paid them the percentage of the profits instead of reneging on it. That was super-douchey.

epic!

It wasn't a flattering look at McDonalds or Kroc. He wasn't an inhuman monster, but a man driven by his desperate need to become successful and fucked over a lot of people. That dinner scene in the country club where his friends were mocking his past endeavors made me understand why he was willing to be so ruthless. When you've been mocked by more successful people, failed at so many projects, and looked at yourself in the mirror, anyone would be a cynical bastard under the right conditions.

Guys like Ray Kroc make for interesting stories, but they're not the type of people you want to say are upstanding paragons. A Dave Thomas biopic would be the anti-thesis of The Founder.

Idk what you're getting at, but at the end the movie clarified that McDonald's puts ice cream in their milkshakes again.

Totally something a hit piece would do.

Not even joking, I went and got a $15 worth of McD's after watching it. Had to get a shake to top it all off after that whole dispute over powdered shakes in the movie.

i'm hungry now

>that dig at frozen, processed and fake food
>everything mcdonalds is today.

It was one of those movies about someone starting that famous company you know and love, and it has all the cliches of those kinds of movies.

If you like that kind of stuff, then go ahead and watch it. If not, then don't.

Colonel movie when?

pretty much this. Keaton tried too hard, and the rest felt phoned in. Didn't feel very consistent.

That'd actually be pretty comfy. His whole life was really the life and times of the US from the Gilded Age to the election of Reagan if it was personified as a person. His ups and downs, his personal flaws, and how he repeatedly failed to sell his fried chicken until his persistence paid off. And the final years of his life revolving around the myth and image of Colonel Sanders would be a great endcap.

>mfw they cast norm macdonald to play the colonel

Eh, it's not a great film, but I like the fact that Keaton is getting work again after the doldrums of the 90's and 00's. This, Spotlight, and Birdman is helping him get attention from contemporary audiences.

This was obviously supposed to be Oscarbait and it failed, but I can still respect how the cast and writers tried to depict the story of how the American Dream can sometimes be a real kick in the balls.

Colonel Sanders was actually in movies.
imdb.com/name/nm0761571/

Nah, we don't need a "white man steals a black mans idea" movie right now.

Dude when is she not?

Worst oscarbait ive seen in a while

It's like he's playing a balder version of this character.

mfw they whitewash Colonel Sanders by casting a white man

it was just kind of boring, not much went on, Like the story itself was just kind of okay then this happens.

K I N O
I
N
O

i agree
to me this is like a 6/10 movie. It's worth a watch but maybe on a airplane or something.

KEK