Was the Mongol Empire the most BASED empire of all time?

Was the Mongol Empire the most BASED empire of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=el93MIxAf-c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Mongol_Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Öz_Beg_Khan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prester_John
youtube.com/watch?v=qSfNip7-c5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes. much more badass than the Romans. Persians weren't too bad either.

No because they were only about conquest.

They didn't even leave a pile of sticks. If there was no recorded history, no one would have known of its existence.

Rome had infrastructure, institutions and ideologies which exist to this day.

they burnt down our city
fuck them

Second post is best.

Not sure about based, but they were all about pragmatism when it came to their empire. They are responsible for the destruction of a lot of ancient literature lost when Baghdad was sacked, and there is no denying they were violent when some 30% of the 15th century population was killed by them. They didn't offer much innovation, but allowed for trade between East and West both materials and ideas which in turn spawned progress. I think they, and especially Ghengis Khan cultivated that feared reputation a little too well if centuries later they still get a bad rep.

No, like many people throughout they where a cult of personality, and once their great Khan and his generation died so did the empire.

The Mongols come no where near the Romans as far as success. The mongols simply killed, pillaged, left, then demaned tribute lest they come back. The Romans actually built infrastructure and cities that lasted a long time some to this day.

Not really. Mongols were based at conquesting. Their empire fell apart mosty because they just didn't even bother running it. They just let everyone have near full autonomy and eventually the empire just started to shrink as everyone stopped caring about their Mongol overlords.

>they burnt down our city
Based mongols

>Destroyed one of the greatest libraries in the world because they were too pleb to read
>Based
Lolno

They were given a chance to surrender, should have accepted it.

Most overrated Empire ever. Literally owned a massive wasteland and cut down a few peasants.

Mongols destroyed Islam, The Islam of the Middle ages was well on it's way to getting a renaissance until the Mongols literally killed 80% of the population.

Baghdad was the technological capital of the world were scholars and their families lived. 6 Million people mostly intellects from across the realm once lived there. Mongols killed everyone there.

Deserts are resource poor, the pop couldn't recover like fertile Europe

Coming from the empire that didn't even bother to conquer 1 part of Europe and instead went for undeveloped shitskins.

By conquering the plains they managed to make passage to the East possible for Westerners. Also, considering horses were basically the cars of their time, mobility was also much better than any time before that. Pax Mongolica is a thing, kind of.

(cont)

They regressed into shadow of what they once were and never fully recovered. Populations in some areas only got back to per-mongol levels in the 1950's !!!

Hard to innovate and self select for intelligence when you're scrounging in the dirt to survive.

After the Mongols the black death came and finished off most of the rest

No because for all the land they took they've left almost zero influence on the world today.

For example, the Romans gave us art, architecture, government, and language among other things that have influenced our ways of thinking and creating.

The British empire did the same, especially with language which all of us here today from different parts of the world speak.

The Mongols wasted all of their power and influence.

fuck yeah dude

they used to ride around and eat raw horse entrails, squeezing the feces out as they go

ok

(cont)

ME Population bottle necked and was never the same again. Resource poor land with thin soil. Less than 3% of the land is even Arable, Low yield high labor intensive work. so they imported Tyrone and Pajeet.

Ethnic homogeneity strongly correlates with social cohesion, ME lost it's homogeneity and the original population became a minority in it's own land.

tl;dr they splintered into the tribal low trust society you see today and never recovered.

IQ varies greatly between tribes/ethnicity in the ME. Some groups have an average IQ of around 115 whereas other have an IQ of around 70. It's far more polarized there and uneven distributed as the society is segregated along ethnic lines.

Unlike Europe who's IQ tends to coalesce around 100. Ancient ME was similar to Europe. Learn form their Mistakes Whiteman

>Implying mongols wouldnt have done it anyway
>implying they were anything other than steppeniggers

I don't consider them really an empire. They were more like a natural catastrophe. They fucked islam for good.

>Not wanting a qt3.14 sami gf
Whats wrong with you?

>Muh golden islamic myth

Islam was in decline when the Mongols invaded. Not that there was much to begin with.

Like the Mongols, the Islamic Caliphs were nothing more than marauding rapists. Not builders of civilization.

They showed leniency in the past when others surrender, the times when shit got bad was when someone crossed the Mongols first.

>t.b butthurt revisionist Chaim

What movie/clip is this from?

"Mongol" 2008

no, they really didn't do anything except raiding
and the only reason why they were relevant was because of numbers

Thank you.

There isn't, and therefore will never be a civilizations greater than Rome
You just named a population of barbarians who used to pillage and rape and raid, that was no empire.
Rome is literally everything.
All we have that they didn't have is combustion engine and electricity.

>black plague starts to spread among the ranks of the mongols
>they besiege the modern day city of Odessa, Ukraine, then controlled by the Genoese
>they lob the plague infested corpses over the walls, spreads rapidly throughout the city
>Genoese merchants carry it back to Venice and other major ports allowing it to spread throughout Europe

>mfw the Mongols caused the Black Death

>finngol

Bazinga

they caused more than the black death, m8

Coming from a country that destroyed half of europe because they were jealous of the empire the british had

>implying the real money to be made wasn't in world trade and not europe

>implying the british were the only ones to tap into that economic goldmine

>implying that empire didn't play a large role in stopping the german """""""empire'"""""twice

>implying that empire didn't save you from speaking french today along with the russians

>Baghdad was the technological capital of the world were scholars and their families lived

nice myth you got there

>1 post by this ID

Buttmad HUN.

>Numbers
Yeah, they always managed to win despite being out numbered. Amazing isn't it?

Get fucked ahmed

I'm not Muslim though

nice try CAIR

The only stick of ME was that it controlled the trade to the East. Once Europe established sea-routes they became practically irrelevant all the way to the age of oil.

cant tell if proxy or true african intellectual

Yes, and the music of their children proves it.

youtube.com/watch?v=el93MIxAf-c

YES

Fuck you I descend from Genghis Khan

BASED BURGER

Dude I decend from Genghis take that back

That's offensive I descend from Genghis.

>Muslim
>Based

No.

inb4 Genghis believed in everything

He wasn't Muslim idiot I DESCEND FROM HIM! So when you say that it is not only offensive to him but it is offensive to me.

Fucking mongols literally ruined us. We were steadily copying Byzantium here when kablam whole inhabited region with cities and trade routes becomes a "wild field" until 18 century and some stupid northern village called Moscow becomes a national center.
It's fucking miracle we're not muslims.

Moscow declared open city when they invaded. They still destroyed it

That's offensive as shit! I am Mongolian and descend from Genghis Khan.

You are disgusting I AM DESCENDENT FROM GENGHIS

That is a lie! Genghis would never burn down knowledge the man had brains.

Genghis felt militantly that cities were innately evil as an institution. Watch the movie Mongol. Genghis's main and almost only experience of a city was as a prisoner. Also consider that he was partly right: cities are parasitic and allow the worst types of people to flourish. Look at how America is good except for urban concentrations of crime and leftism.

How do you know that? it was taken after 5 days siege.

Are you serious? That doesn't make sense? How did they produce swords and armor, where did they store the horses? Villages have very little production other than food so how did anything get built? I mean how did he know what was going on in his empire if there is nothing but tiny villages? At least Rome had city-outposts.

They were pretty good warriors you have to give them that. They had very strict discipline and used many revolutionary for their time tactics before and during the battles.
But they haven't really left much cultural impact on most of their conquered territories. If you don't count razing cities to the ground and depopulating huge areas of course.

Moscow wasn't even relevant back then.

> Genghis Khan, and the following Yuan Emperors forbade Islamic practices like Halal butchering, forcing Mongol methods of butchering animals on Muslims, and other restrictive degrees continued. Muslims had to slaughter sheep in secret.[30] Genghis Khan directly called Muslims and Jews "slaves", and demanded that they follow the Mongol method of eating rather than the halal method. Circumcision was also forbidden. Jews were also affected, and forbidden by the Mongols to eat Kosher.[31]

> Among all the [subject] alien peoples only the Hui-hui say "we do not eat Mongol food". [Cinggis Qa’an replied:] "By the aid of heaven we have pacified you; you are our slaves. Yet you do not eat our food or drink. How can this be right?" He thereupon made them eat. "If you slaughter sheep, you will be considered guilty of a crime." He issued a regulation to that effect ... [In 1279/1280 under Qubilai] all the Muslims say: "if someone else slaughters [the animal] we do not eat". Because the poor people are upset by this, from now on, Musuluman [Muslim] Huihui and Zhuhu [Jewish] Huihui, no matter who kills [the animal] will eat [it] and must cease slaughtering sheep themselves, and cease the rite of circumcision.[32]

> He had the balls to call Muslims and jews 'slaves'.

They were barbaric because not Christian and from Asia, while Alexander the Great who done pretty much same shit is great.

no because they converted to ISLAM

>Not the British

Literally took over more than half the world just by talking to them. That's why the rational will always win and the irrational will always die out.

all offensive

Fuck you.

FUCK YOU I DESCEND FROM GENGHIS

Kublai Khan tried to civilized them, but their cousins and retarded brothers were more interested in "muh traditional nomadic lifestyle".
Pic related was the last based mongol leader.

Jews and Muslims deserve to slaves, it is the truth.

Today Mongolia is a literal shithole while Jews rule the world and muslims rule the the 3rd world.

Mongol empire allowed different religions, the most tolerant of all empires, why they spread so far:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Mongol_Empire
>Mongols were highly tolerant of most religions during the early Mongol Empire

Everyday with you shitposting leafs.

>6 milion

Your ancestors should have surrendered peacefully when they had the chance Mohammed, but noooo, you had to be martyrs for Allah and the Caliph and shit.
At least you avenged your defeat on Kitbuqa years later, not before he fucked you up though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Öz_Beg_Khan

golden horde times oz beg, grandson of Genghis, made it the state religion

>>implying that empire didn't play a large role in stopping the german """""""empire'"""""three times
FTFY

So? They didn't impose it or anything else on the peoples that payed them tribute.

Pretty much this.

No. The Mongol Empire wasn't even a real empire, it was a path of nomadic destruction. Lack of infrastructure and Temujin's religious tolerance cause tensions within the "empire" which caused it's collapse.

Either the Roman Empire or the British Empire were the most based.

Doesn't matters what religion he was, since Mongol Empire was managing different people and their religions were allowed. Roman empire for example threw around money, a different approach to keeping conquered masses calm and when their money was cut, people started protesting more and it came to an end. You had civil wars in many empires all the time, the important part was pleasing everybody to the point it will last. You please religious leaders to collect their monies with new followers or you please people with games and food. Then 3rd approach is to please the kings who control people. It's a lot about how you manage it all. Islam or no Islam, totally pointless point.

still doesnt matter, a based empire would still exist today therefore mongols not based

Not a proxy-fag, I'm White though :p

That didn't stop them from committing genocides

Thanks Spain

I refuse to believe you are a descendant of Khan.
I myself consider myself one because I found lots of similarities between how I think & he thought.
(besides the rape spree)
I sadly don`t remember the sites where it described his thought process & so forth.

Yes it was amazing and I wish I could go back in time and be in it.

>Rome had infrastructure, institutions and ideologies which exist to this day.

yeah but you probably didn't notice because you're a canadian that Romans ended up cucking themselves.

t.someone who has never read Goldsworthy

No it's offensive that you insulted Khan I DESCEND FROM HIM

I traced my ancestry back to him via the SAxe-Colburg-Gotha line. You however have no relation to any Mongol.

sure

You don't know that because you are American

you never read it.

Shame the Mongols went back home to attend a funeral before making their way to Rome.

Mongols were already scouting out the territory of Rome.

The Church at the time really did deserve a Mongol Redpill.

Also, look up Prester John.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prester_John

It would have been so easy for the Vatican to be taken over by the Mongols.

They were willing to open the gates for Genghis Khan who they actually believed was the Fabled Christian King of the Far East they were hearing stories about.

>Islam would be a superpower

No. Islam was in decline. Islamic countries only grew and evolved based on the non-islamic areas they enveloped. There is a reason that Islam took off after overtaking Persians and Byzantines, then stagnated.

Doesn't matter if it was 7th century Arabs, 8th century Magribs, or 16th century turks.

The second Islam stopped taking over more civilized areas, they stopped progessing, then stagnated. This apploes to modern day as well.

That's a very simplistic way of looking at things. You also neglect certain individuals/facts and cherry pick from history to fit your narrative.

I think you're letting your hate/bias on the issue blind you to objective examination.

This was my grandfather, make any conclusion you want.

No completely unsustainable unless they stole from others kinda like niggers

>the mongol empire was greater than the roman empire
You can't even begin to comprehend how wrong you are.
youtube.com/watch?v=qSfNip7-c5s

>throat-singing rap

kek, that's awesome

Mongols strength/tactics/conquests were admirable. Probably the best pre-fire weapon warriors of the history.

But they were the complete opposite of civilization. They weren't "based" at all.