Why do latins have 5 different names?

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cayetana_Fitz-James_Stuart
translate.google.es/#ca/ca/francesc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

what?

t. John Thomas Smith Jr.

Why french have finnish poop jokes as names? E.g. pierre pascal = farting while shitting

We have one or two names and two surnames (first name + middle name + father's last name +mother's last name)
S hit like EstebanJulio Ricardo Montoya De La Rosa Ramírez are slanderous lies propagated by the eternal gringo

t. Jefferson Rusty Ray Nathan Anderson Smith

the kid also receives the mother's name, before internet I thought it was like this everywhere, but it's only iberians countries and colonies that do it

I wish i lived in portugal before internet...

Only ricky martin and beaches.... with my pals julio and martinez... playing in sand and our maduritas making us delicious tapas for dinner...

that's morocco you're thinking about
common mistake

Why do Spanish nobility have very long names? For instance, the current king of Spain, Felipe VI, has a full name of Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Grecia

Autism

And Manuel II, the last king of Portugal, had the full name of Manuel Maria Filipe Carlos Amélio Luís Miguel Rafael Gabriel Gonzaga Francisco de Assis Eugénio de Orleães Sabóia e Saxe-Coburgo-Gotha Bragança

So where did all these names come from?

Maybe he has so many father candidates that it wluld be rude not to include them all just because it is unsure who is the dad?

It's just Name + Dad's Surname + Mom's Surname, but latin americans have some weird ass compound names that we don't really use here. I once met a Peruvian that had 3 names.

Then what is your surname that you give to you kids?

You dad's surname.

>latin americans
It's mostly Iberians the ones doing this "Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso"

What the fuck they are telling in that name?

No we aren't tho, those are nobility names.

The peruvian I was talking about was named Julio José Alberto or some weird shit like that, don't really remember.

Even spanish town names are long, this is the official name of the city known as Los Angeles

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

5 names? That´s Only those of the nobility class have so many names in Spanish.

Name + Name + dad´s Surname + mom´s Surname

Name + Name + dad´s Surname + mom´s Surname + title = nobility class

Name + Name + dad´s double-Surname + mom´s Surname = nobility class

You should check out the official name of La Coruña

First name = / = name used on a daily basis

From my understanding, that type of Spanish naming is very conservative and I don't think anyone outside the royal family uses it now, the other names are relatives from the family and in some cases a saint, or an advocation of Virgin Mary. The name is basically this: Felipe (his given name) Juan (his father's dad Juan de Borbón) Pablo (his mother's dad, Pablo de los helenos) Alfonso (his greatgrandfather Alfonso XIII, king of Spain) de todos los Santos ('of all the saints, and apparently a tradition for the family of Borbón) de Borbón y Grecia (both his parents Juan Carlos I de Borbón and Sofía de Grecia)

get cringe

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cayetana_Fitz-James_Stuart

The cermonial name of Bankok translates into:
The city of angels, the great city, the residence of the Emerald Buddha, the impregnable city (of Ayutthaya) of God Indra, the grand capital of the world endowed with nine precious gems, the happy city, abounding in an enormous Royal Palace that resembles the heavenly abode where reigns the reincarnated god, a city given by Indra and built by Vishnukarn.

>Paul James Joseph Francis from Paula John of Nepomuk Mary of the remedies Cyprian of the holy trinity Ruiz and Picasso

our surnames are like haplogroups, one from the father (the Y) and one from the mother (the mtdna)

María del Rosario Cayetana Paloma Alfonsa Victoria Eugenia Fernanda Teresa Francisca de Paula Lourdes Antonia Josefa Fausta Rita Castor Dorotea Santa Esperanza Fitz-James Stuart y Silva Falcó y Gurtubay

Neat

lol I was gonna post this.

>the official name of La Coruña

A Coruña?

>Parenomen
>Nomen
>Cognomen
>Agnonima
>Insigna
What the FUCK was wrong with the Latins?

but the mother's name is the maternal father (other Y-DNA).

Grandma name: Yolanda del Carmen trinidad maria sepulveda Rivera de Bustos.
Granpa name: Telesforo Segundo Luis Mario Santa Maria Bustos Rivera

>Tfw normie name...

I hate u mom...

on an indivual level i meant, but in the past women got their surname from their mother, I saw that in baptismal documents from the 19th and 18th century

my name goes
first name + mom's paternal surname + dad's paternal surname

You fucking disgust me. You are by far the worst posters in the entirety of this god forsaken board. The posts you "people" make on here are only a reflection of your filthy, uncivilized, disease ridden shithole of a country. You make those soup monkey eaters seem like the epicenter of modern civilization.
Stop spreading your cancerous presence in this board and do something useful with your life, like getting captured and executed by one of the 20 drug cartels that fester in that disease ridden dump you call your city.

lmao

>Diego María de la Concepción Juan Nepomuceno Estanislao de la Rivera y Barrientos Acosta y Rodríguez, known as Diego Rivera (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈdjeɣo riˈβeɾa]; December 8, 1886 – November 24, 1957) was a prominent Mexican painter

I have four and I'm not latin

can you upload a webm of yourself twerking to britney spears' "work bitch" pls? :3

>EstebanJulio Ricardo Montoya De La Rosa Ramírez are slanderous lies propagated by the eternal gringo
not true I've seen it on TV

Huh, I didn't know about Rivera for some reason.
But check this other guy out.

"Ángel Agustín María Carlos Fausto Mariano Alfonso del Sagrado Corazón de Jesús Lara y Aguirre del Pino"

>getting colon injuries from comments on a Yaqui carpet branding hotline
Got more (You)s btw?

P**** M***** d** P*** G******* reporting, in my case it's both my grandparents name

are you ashamed of your heritage?

well I'm spamming this on espee, so yes. Heck, I even made a thread

Pablo Martín del Pozo González

Why should I be?
Only got right the González one

t. Pérez Molina del Pino González

Pedro Matías del Pino?

Stop ban evading little chili pepper

>espí
*yawn*

>says del again even though he said it was wrong
texan education

I'm Swedish/Sápmí. I've got 9 names.
>first name
>middle name
>spirit name
>fathers/mothers name
>tribe name
>location name
>profession name (yes we still have that)
>grandfathers first name
>grandmothers last name
Luckily this is only ever written down in our council's books and my spirit name is never written down as by tradition.
But my family just call me Réujáá

>chicano education
Del is not a surname
Del Pinar, del pozo, del río, etc are

Sorry doods I don't want to give my real name, but one of you got pretty close

Have you ever worn one of those trippy traditional consumes?

My name is just Francesc Hernandez Mas

>Francesc
how do you pronounce this?

translate.google.es/#ca/ca/francesc

>hernandez
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ

Yep, 9 weddings, 3 funerals, 28 midwinter feasts.
But ours are green, yellow and red.

Get charnego'd

Mi familia paterna es de Albatera (parte murcianoparlante de Alicante) y la materna de aquí de Crevillent (zona valencianoparlante) yo soy valencianoparlante

I know you've posted before but what's your spirit name and what does it means?

>gay, furry, autista necesitado de atención, charnego e independentista valenciano
Buen curriculum.

No soy charnego, los dos pueblos están a 6km de distancia, solo cambia la lengua

>murcianoparlante

CHAR

Well I can't write it down (writing down spirit names bring bad fortune) but I can give you the meaning. "The one born on the mountain/under the ice". It's difficult to translate since it's not really words. It's different and hard to explain.

repoblado con murcianos despues de que una epidemia exterminase la poblacion de la vega baja

>spirit name
sounds cool, I wish I had one

se dice marcianos gallego bobo

>he doesn't know

why do latins pronounce jesus "hey zeus"?

makes more sense than cheeses

we're neoclasssicsists
why your town is named after the most based city in England? does it even have a FAC 51 in your hamlet

night clubs are for subhumans

What's elder law on vocarooing it and posting the link in thread?

no sorry
I can vocaroo anything you'd like though