Burgers rename french fries into freedom fries

>burgers rename french fries into freedom fries
>In response to the change, French Embassy spokeswoman Nathalie Loiseau commented "It's exactly a non-issue ... We focus on the serious issues",[10] and noted that fries originated in Belgium.[11] She then remarked that France's position on the change was that they were "in a very serious moment dealing with very serious issues, and we are not focusing on the name [Americans] give to potatoes".[12]

Other urls found in this thread:

wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/10PARIS58_a.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Freedom isn't free, bitch

>france is THE reason america gained independence and the reason we didn't smush their little rebellion after a couple of months
>they repay this by shitting on the french for centuries

name one (1) country that is more ungrateful than the USA

apparently some sort of propaganda because you told them that they shouldnt invade iraq
well i learned something

yeah, burgers are fat and dumb.
what else is new?

>French crybabies are still hung up on something that happened over a decade ago

poland
give back gibs

yeah hahahaa

>USA
>Relevant

What is this, 2007?

>Sup Forums

Just banter

>americans can't into ban-

no it looks more like hatred

Fuck, they're more butthurt at us than I thought.

lol imagine being this butthurt

Forgive us, there are lots of anti french threads lately. This is a reaction to it.

>changed the number of syllables
That is the most triggering part of all. "French fries" is simply more pleasing to say.

btfo

>my parents actually boycotted France over the Iraq war

H-how come nobody boycotted us?

based

It's the americans who acted like crybabies in this case, months of propaganda and IRL shitposting about France

woah it's the first time I see good Amerifat banter

The first line is banter, then it turn into butthurt and end with autism

Don't forget we gave them their most famous monument.

>French Embassy spokeswoman comments publicly against a small handful of American companies changing the name of french fries
>somehow we're supposed to be embarrassed by this

If Europeans have culture, why don't they ever talk about anything but us?

Just banter trust me on this

wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/10PARIS58_a.html

Fuck american gov

Germany to the US

>this nigger again
Let's see how long it takes him to post his copypasta.

Sorry Hans, but apparently there is more than one person who thinks so(shocking I know).

Why are Americans so petty and self obsessed when it comes to international issues? They get offended by the smallest shit and they think everybody should pay attention to every little thing they do. The US is that attention seeking child that pesters it's parents of countries.

Sweden no :(

You got that backwards. Its you small time foreigners who get all posterior-pummeled when Americans dont know where your worthless podunk shithole is on a map.

We dont give a fuck if you know about us or not, but when the time comes you better ask somebody

Jesus christ you are a faggot

What bizarro world am I in

In WWI Americans renamed sauerkraut to"liberty cabbage." That's not a joke.

Here it is:
>WW1 ends
>Wilson begs allies to be nice to poor Germany, American investment rushes in to rebuild Germany in the interwar years
>WW2 ends
>Truman spends millions rebuilding Germany, sends American troops to defend their former enemies
>Soviets block western ground and water access to West Berlin, America risks war with USSR to supply West Berlin entirely by air with four planes landing every minute loaded with food and supplies
>Cold War ends
>Thatcher, Mitterrand, and Gorby all are against German reunification, but Bush convinces them to accept it
>Today
>Germany has the lowest support of the USA out of all EU nations and all NATO countries save Turkey
>American soldiers are on German soil pledged to give up their LIVES for a country that hates them while Germany's leader calls America an unreliable ally
>meanwhile America nuked Japan and dropped more explosives on Vietnam than were used in all of WW2 but they still like America more than Germans do

Why are Germans such ungrateful, horrible people?

They also had to deal with the awkward fact that all their best and most widely drank beers were German.
The response was to ban alcohol entirely, the mongs.

Fun story, during their prohibition a lot of liquor was smuggled from Canada (often by the provincial governments). This liquor was known locally as "club whiskey" [sic]. After prohibition everyone still preferred Canadian whisky to the American shit so in a protectionist effort they made a law saying that any whisky imported was required to be labeled as Canadian. This is where Canadian Club whisky came from.

^^absolute retards

Don't be such a pompous cock sucker and enjoy the recognition that Canadian whiskey is seen as superior, you dick

lel wtf americans literally behave like little kids

I actually really like American bourbon, but obviously the craft was not at its best right after prohibition.
Also, if it's from Scotland or Canada it's spelt whisky. If it's from America or Ireland it's spelled whiskey.

>shall not be infringed
You people are the biggest fucking hypocrites.

By that logic, they should have renamed France as "Freedom Land" or something like that.

>the absolute state of Fr*nce
Shoulda thunk boat helpin' dem second-gen Brits, ya dumb fucks