If you had control over this franchise how would you make it great again...

If you had control over this franchise how would you make it great again? What would you add to a movie that the last three didn't get right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EEJMDet82Hk&ab_channel=moviebob
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Female terminators that don't have pusy hair and they dont wear clothes sometimes to

It wouldn't be a franchise if I had control over it.
It would be the one movie.

>letting it go past two movies

As an educated man, I can only recommend Moviebob's method

youtube.com/watch?v=EEJMDet82Hk&ab_channel=moviebob

tl;dw

>in the future, everything is automated and being a nerd is cool
>being buff and athletic is 'outdated' and buff guys are outcasts
>they get frustrated and go back in time to kill the nerds who created the future technology

This guy has so many bullying problems it's hilarious

End it after 2.

I'd crash it.
With no survivors.

>everything after (and not includin) T2 is not canon/alternate timeline

>continue tscc

more shows need panties and more shows need summer glau panties

I think the idea has some merits. Just don't make the villains jocks but generally luddites. Maybe christian fundamentalists or, hell, even islamists.

iirc when skynet first becomes self aware its only offensive ability is to fire all the nukes
Obviously this didnt kill everyone on the planet, and there must have been a decent but of time before they where able to start production of the terminator machines.
I'd like to see the organising of skynet and the human resistance simultaneously in a movie.

and iirc from the first movie, they were about to defeat skynet before they send Arnie back in time.

So i guess a prequel fset in the original timeline starting with an unaware john connor some how surviving an unexpected nuclear apocalypse, forming and organising the resistance and ending with him discovering skynets time travel plan and sending back one of his men

I would've continued it from Salvation (say what you will) and have the final days of the war be the fifth one.
It's the new timeline so John Connor may have already died, but his wife or whoever could send the T-800 back herself to "ensure his existence"

Either a) make a future war film that slavishly recreates the Cameron blue perpetual twilight aesthetic done as far as possible with practical effects and shot on 16mm for an appropriate film grained look, or b) take time travel to its ultimate conclusion and do a Terminator film set in the Old West.

Remove danaeryshit

New characters, new Terminator types, and new Skynet.

Just stop using the fucking Connors.

In order for this story to work, Terminator 3/Salvation needs to exist unfortunately

>Skynet never happened after the T2 timeline
>Shit literally goes how it is now. Everything's fine
>Have it set in the 2030s or so
>Somehow (i'm sure there'd be a valid reason) a group of humans know about the Salvation timeline, or at the very least knows that there should've been a Judgment Day if you don't want T3/Salvation referenced at all
>"Shit that timeline sounds metal as fuck, we need to fix it"
>Somehow breach the government where they keep the first time travel "machine", possibly through a massacre
>Go back in time (possibly in the 60s to prevent Sarah Connor being born) and restart Skynet
>Someone else, dunno who, goes back in time as well to stop them

Nice

Skynet sends Terminators to the Old West because who cares

You're right, this is a good idea, the only thing that could probably save the franchise. I would watch this.

But they would never do that because back in the day, the paradox wasn't very discussed, so there was a confusion between the fact that kyle reese created a different timeline by altering the past, including a new John Connor, and the relation between the Savior of humanity and the fact that he was the son of sometime from the future, which makes him look more like a Messiah.

This is accepted nowadays, but I don't think they want to touch the fact that there was an original John Connor.

I would build a time machine and send a terminator back to destroy everyone who was responsible for destroying this franchise after T2.

Speaking as somebody who has been a huge fan ever since the first two were released, I know that everybody wanted and expected the same thing from the third movie: they wanted it to be about the future war.

I remember speaking to a lot of people back in the day and we all agreed that this is what we wanted to see. The future war setting is totally surreal. It's perpetually dark and the endoskeletons are terrifying. The fighting never ever stops obviously because the machines don't sleep. People live in constant fear and have to hunt for rats underground in order to barely survive. The ground is completely littered with skulls to the point that you can't even take one step without crushing one.

The future war scenes were absolutely brilliant. Sometimes I just want them alone thinking of what could have been.

>Send terminator factory to distant past
>Have terminators wipe out the dinosaurs
>?????
>Profit

>how would you make it great again?
Get Trump to produce the screenplay.

John Conner has to travel through the ages to escape Skynet, he comes up with a portable time traveling device, but in each age there's a terminator. Hijinks and stuff.

Let it go and stop rehashing, rebooting and remaking ffs.

>Dinosaurs adapt to the technolugy

>Decanonize the sequels after 2
>Film set during the future war with the 80's future aesthetic

Sign over the rights to JC in perpetuity then bury the contract at the bottom of the Marinara trench so no one could try to continue it. T1 and T2 are the only true terminator films, everything else is memeing

What was wrong with Rise of the Machines?
Ending was fucking great

I liked T3...

>Sign over the rights to JC
Present Day Jim's completely lost his touch. I'd sign it over to George Miller or Mel Gibson first.

his last movie is the highest grossing movie of all time

The funniest part is the idea that the dudebroinator from the future will be able to find recruits in the present, I mean talk about a tough sell. They're not even doing it to save the human race, just to save their egos.

But you got that awesome future war in salvation user, remember that time they had to fight those human bandits, isn't that what you wanted?

IT was just a repeat of terminator 2 really, they didn't do anything knew and just drew attention to the biggest plothole in the series: why don't they just try an infinite number of times? Also the tx broke all kinds of rules that they set up in the first movie, if she can store a gun inside her arm why not just store a nuke, get close and set it off just like they suggested before? The T-1000 stretched that rule enough but with the tx it was just ridiculous, how in the hell did she make it through the time machine?

No. The future war was poorly executed in that movie. It never happened so stop reminding me.

The formula is simple: perpetual darkness, people constantly dying, ground completely covered in damaged machinery and human bones, close ups of endoskeletons. Throw in some heavy synths and some atonal shrieks every time somebody gets wrecked by lasers and you have the movie that all of the original fans wanted since the opening future war scene in T2.

I'd hire Cameron