2017 and this film still has the best shootout ever filmed and the best gun sounds

2017 and this film still has the best shootout ever filmed and the best gun sounds.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qaswBIpWtyU
movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=718791
youtube.com/watch?v=gW0yebyGk-8
youtube.com/watch?v=QTlF-RlZ2Rs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What an awful cover

It's "modern"

Looks like every single generic action film poster these day

>"Best gun sounds" are just raw sounds from set
Really made me blend my juice pham

the only part I hated is when De Niro started unloading his assault rifle while he's INSIDE his car

I think it's actually a bit better than Heat's original poster/cover, which was generic 90s floating heads shit.

tfw when I was watching those live streams when those BLM dudes were shooting people the sounds of the gunfire echoing off the buildings sounded exactly like Heat.

It was really crazy.

It's actually explained in the commentary track. Neil's reaction to shoot through wind glass was picked up from an IRA ambush that happened in the 90s where the IRA or special operatives against IRA got ambushed and they started to shoot thru windshield

"Some of the technical advisors "is missing from the text

>Technical advisors were ambushed by the IRA Provos
and they didn't hesitate - they shot through the windshield.

So Neil shooting thru windshield is bsaed on the technical advisors getting ambushed by IRA Provos

and the technical advisors was probably Mick Gould, ex-SAS trainer & tech advisor.

So Neil shooting through windshield is probably a legitimate thing

>has 1080p HEVC

this is going to be good.

Well you're wrong.

It's a filter through which Mann sees LA in his mind, it's really nice poster :)

been wanting to buy a physic copy of this for awhile, but I only have a 5 year old laptop and an xbone running through a shitty 720p tv

blu ray or dvd?

If your Xbox can play bluray then buy the BR.

Rewatched it last week and noticed that it was utter ridiculous that Kilmer got away by showing a faked ID while being wanted for multiple murder.

LAPD

>He thinks the 90s LAPD cared about white people doing crime.
top kek

there's a 40gb torrent around of the remaster

is that the full bluray or an encode?

>is a 40gb release an encode

i don't know

it's why im asking

The soundtrack alone makes this a great movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=qaswBIpWtyU

It's not as good as way of the gun.

So what was added or changed?

Mann deleted two lines of dialogue.

>1:01:09
In the theatrical cut, the shot keeps showing Justine, the Blu-Ray version cuts to Vincent who looks pretty bored while his wife is having a monolouge. Here, the first part of her line "You sift through the detritus..." was left out, the shot of Vincent in the BD version is therefore a little shorter than the successive scene with Justine in the TC.
3 Sec.

>1:15:28
In the Blu-Ray version, the small line "Ferocious, aren't I?" was removed from the sound track.
no time difference

movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=718791

I meant in this new release, if anything was actually changed between this version and the previous blu-ray.

Image and sound obviously

I didn't hear about any futher changes. I'm hoping the sound is a new mix, since there have been many complaints about it on previous releases.

>still has the best shootout ever filmed

How cool would it be to have been Kilmer on set that day? Something about shooting an automatic rifle filled with blanks in broad daylight seems fun as fuck

If it's 40GB, it's definitely just a raw mkv of the Blu-ray. Encoded it'll be half that, or less, depending on bitrate. I find that 15 mbps is good for most Blu-rays.

youtube.com/watch?v=gW0yebyGk-8

That whole sequence was rehearsed months ahead, all the character movement, the shots, camera placement etc
That's why the blocking is god tier there.

And by rehearsing so much Kilmer executed that famous fast reload shot so effortlessly

so in a way it is a bit compressed just by transferring it to mkv

how larger would the file be in the original format?

it's fucking awful user
doesn't do the movie any justice at all

Ah, ok then

let's just agree that both covers are hideous compared to the film

What I meant to say was that 40GB was just the raw Blu-ray. It'll contain the kovi of itself, special features if there are any, trailers, etc., anything on the disc. Raw size varies wildly from movie to movie.

Example: I ripped The Fellowship of the Ring to mkv to get ready to encode it, and just the raw movie itself was about 60GB (part 1 and 2 initially that I merged into one file). Encoded at 15mbps it worked out to about 26GB. Keep in mind that LOTR is a four hour movie with a fuckload of visual effects, and that affects the bitrate (which affects the file size). Conversely, Dumb and Dumber, a 90 minute movie with no visual effects and not much action on screen worked out to 13GB when encoded at the same bitrate.

I'd be happy to go into specifics if you care, but that's the gist of it. It took me a while and a lot of research, but I think I've got it pretty well figured out.

I think Del Toro looked uglier when he was young.
Like "get me the non unionized mexican james dean".

In License to Kill he was pretty handsome

Speaking of Heat, is it true in the Café scene with Pacino and De Niro they are not actually both there or is it just a rumor?

Oh, in english is called license to kill, well he looks the part, the henchman.

Awful flick. Shit romance plot, shit camera movement, shit characters, shit runtime, shit everything. No idea why you people jerk it so much

>they are not actually both there or is it just a rumor?
It's a meme.

The take in the film for that scene is eleventh take, filmed with two cameras (if you'd move one of them to left/right you'd see the other camera)

What, no License to Kill is a James Bond movie from the late 80s, Way of the Gun came much later

>shit camera movement

Give just one actual argument for your ridiculous statement

>Goes from Mexican James Dean to Mexican Brad Pitt
>Ugly

Come now lad.

She's got a GREAT ASS

>dialogue scene
>literally two or more full minutes of shoulder to shoulder shots

I guess its only wrong when george does it

youtube.com/watch?v=QTlF-RlZ2Rs