Were the prequels really bad?

Were the prequels really bad?

Bum

Natalie Portman being hot doesn't redeem the sand line

>getting this triggered over one line

A virgin boy said it. Pretty believable line desu pham.

Episode 1:
Natalie Portman being hot doesn't redeem the Trade Federation
Natalie Portman being hot doesn't redeem the lack of Darth Maul development
Natalie Portman being hot doesn't redeem child Anakin and his good tricks
Natalie Portman being hot doesn't redeem Liam Neeson's horrible acting
Natalie Portman being hot doesn't redeem Ewan McGregor's horrible acting
Natalie Portman being hot doesn't redeem Natalie Portman's horrible acting
Natalie Portman being hot doesn't redeem midichlorians

Episode 2:
Natalie Portman being hot doesn't redeem Hayden Christensen's rapey dialogue
Natalie Portman being hot still doesn't redeem the sand line
Natalie Portman being hot doesn't redeem Christopher Lee's horrible acting
Natalie Portman being hot doesn't redeem the mediocre Yoda vs Dooku fight
Natalie Portman being hot doesn't redeem Anakin being a little bitch
Natalie Portman being hot doesn't redeem the boring Obi Wan vs Jango fight
Natalie Portman being hot has nothing to do with the Deathsticks line but it's still awesome

Episode 3:
I liked episode 3 but Natalie Portman being hot doesn't redeem Anakin being an overall whiny cunt

post her pusy!

Did you press the NUT button?

>Christopher Lee's horrible acting
Rethink ur life

I'd say he was worse in 3 but it's really the script's fault

why do people always bring up this specific line? not only is it not THAT badly written, it's also 100% true. I hate fucking sand so much, literally everything anakin says about it is true. you losers would know that if you left your mom's basemant every once in a while and went to the beach. fuck you.

I wish! do you think she keeps a bush, pusyanon? god I hope so.

Trimmed bush is the shit

In a movie about a galactic war and a love story between a jedi prodigy and a queen you'd think they could have found a more profound line to highlight the fact that Anakin hates his home planet.

Yes, user. A big, shaggy, piss-stinking bush that curls out from inside her panties. Phwoar.

Not understanding why the pleb-quels are shit means you have autism.

>Having high as fuck expectations for a young adult movie
You're the pleb here.

OT did fine.
Enjoy your autism, sperg.

Not an argument

>why do people always bring up this specific line? not only is it not THAT badly written

This is why Sup Forums is the laughing stock of Sup Forums.

>He doesn't like the beach

yeah but did you see how elaborate and clean all her clothes where?!?!

She's a big girl!

All of them are movies for kids. Funny and vibrant like the Despicable Me saga. Too close to call, honestly.

Natalie Portman isn't even that hot

You have a point there user, they were clean.

No, they were really good and like all Star Wars films had bad things.

Prequel revisionism needs to stop. They're bad and TFA is a 180° different turd, but a turd nonetheless.

The originals are the only good ones, and only the original release/despecialized versions.

Oh yeah?

Why else would people here bring up the worst line from the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the whining emo Anakin and his ginger buddy fighting assorted PlayStation graphics has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the generic space setting, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make sci-fi seem mundane, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Lucas took complete directorial control over the prequels; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody? Just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his Star Wars toy range. The Star Wars series might be anti-authoritarian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-LOTR series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the originals were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the original trilogy was also terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time a character encountered a predicament, the director wrote instead that the character "had a bad feeling about this."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Lucas' mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of directing. Later I read a lavish, loving review
by the same J.J. Abrams. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Star Wars at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch J.J. Abrams." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Star Wars" you are, in fact, trained to watch bottom-of-the-barrel blockbuster trash.

Typical rat-faced jew. She looks like she has fleas.

Like your mom

>he was worse in 3
He had like 2 lines and died 10 minutes into the movie. Lee is aclass act, even when he's in embarrassing schlock hes a consumate professional. I mean homeboys entire career is being the diamond in b movie grindhouse spook pile of shit movies.
One of the biggest sins of the prequels was not utilizing Lee and letting him ham it up.

>the worst line
Personally for me the worst line is "I wish I could just wish away my feelings!" even as a kid in the theater it stuck out as being horribly written. I mean how do you even write that and not immediately go back and restructure the sentence to something more natural sounding.

roll

roll

Hello mister hipster >Edgelord

>the Trade Federation
was ok, good idea to play into sheevs hands. also it was just like games of thrones with this
>lack of Darth Maul development
It was ok, to outsource that into comics was lazy. But as an unknown evil ok.
>child Anakin and his good tricks
being this mary sue was too comic like
>redeem Liam Neeson's horrible acting
his acting was ok
>Ewan McGregor's horrible acting
he was good
>Natalie Portman's horrible acting
she was ok too
>midichlorians
that was a reeal meh. lucas wanted to explain but didnt wanted to be too fantasy, was a real downer

>Hayden Christensen's rapey dialogue
yes he was the wrong actor for that and lucas was too clueless how to get him from good to caring and than bad
>the sand line
the what?
>Christopher Lee's horrible acting
he was cool
>Yoda vs Dooku fight
that was cool, so you want a cape like action scene with over the top action and blink?
>Anakin being a little bitch
Yep , lukas problem with going from jedi to sith
>Obi Wan vs Jango fight
That was cool, only the missle backpack was dumb, but thats was because of empire strikes back
>the Deathsticks line but it's still awesome
that was a normal writer thing to show what kind of bar and society is.

>Anakin being an overall whiny cunt
Yes again problem lucas had with writing anakin->vader, but i thought it was ok, but regarding luke it was common in the genepool. see kylo ren.

>was just like games of thrones
Stopped reading there.

No problem.
Maybe in some years you will finally learn to read.
I believe in you.

Good points.
Only things i dont see is
>the original trilogy was also terrible.
It is Ok. For what it is.
And
>trained to watch bottom-of-the-barrel blockbuster trash.
That applies to all action films.