twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

inb4 gay anime

first for no homo

stop circlejerking
post Southern stuff

also /agrarianism/

WHY THE FUCK AM I A FAT CHICK

fourth for FUCK anime

'Cause every time we touch, I get this feeling.
And every time we kiss, I swear I could fly.
Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last.
Need you by my side.

I'm sorry you guys have to put up with the cringy Finnish poster.
please forgive us, not all Finns are like this

Going to swim in the hurricane in my speedo.
t. east coast florida

lousiana is taking this a little too far, its getting creepy.
I dont want fanfics of me and conway

take other fl*ridans with you

Alright, I'll stop.

Hopefully all of Florida stays underwater this time.

I don't know if they'd want to. Bet they can't even go 50 meters in 25 seconds

wrong picture

I've been working on an idea for a book, basically humanity reaches the point of colonizing the stars but then there are a series of calamities and resource shortages that basically cause a dark age and technology starts regressing (eventually only the rich have electricity and things like the internet)

the book would be set on one of earth's colony worlds, which is now basically completely cut off from the mother planet. Power is divided between private states run by corporations and "nobles" (basically just very rich businessmen who have become neo-feudalists)

hope I don't end up accidentally stealing some other series' idea, I don't actually read much so it's not intentional

I need around three fiddy

Are you actually going to go through and write it ?

dude ill fuck your ass lmao :)))))))))))

b-but turkbud

how could you cheat on conway

youtube.com/watch?v=8MC0G-Lbuuk

it's still in a really developmental stage so I'm not sure. there's not really much I can do with an idea for a fictional universe if there's no plot and characters. At the moment I'm thinking of making the main character a middle-aged, disgraced king who was humiliated in battle and making the plot his attempts to win back the support of his people, while they flirt with the idea of reintroducing "old earth" republicanism.

he has a bf
you dont if you know what i mean ;))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

why do i always end up doing gay larping when im not gay

Alright, I like the idea of the king thing, hopefully it goes somewhere, I'd recommend reading some books in the same type of genre, so you can understand how the formula works, and possibly pick up a new idea or two.

good evening /Dixie/

I've been thinking about reading Dune and I suppose I should look at some old sci-fi novels too

I've actually read an embarrassingly little amount of books in my life, basically just LOTR, some graphic novels, and dozens of dry history books for my uni course

Good evening.

It's alright, I'm pretty sure Americans don't really read a lot of books anyways.

Read the Nibelung lied, also the Odyssey

read isaac asimov

start with nightfall sleepingdogstudios.com/Network/Network_2013_14/nightfall.pdf

also hp lovecraft is top notch if you have patience for his writing and some of his stuff is scifi-esque

and watch some star trek nigga

>implying I haven't watched the entirety of TNG twice

watched any of the other series

ive seen em all senpai

the endings are always bad, star trek writers suck at writing them

Are kinda setting the tech level of the planet as 19th century or 20-21st century? It will make a huge difference. Also, I guess, in such a fictional universe, it would be natural to have some cults that worship prowess of 'ancient' tech

youtube.com/watch?v=Zi_XLOBDo_Y

>ywn see the era when micheal jacksons name had not yet been smeared by the (((media))) and he was the biggest coolest superstar since elvis

good as fuck

I've seen some of Deep Space Nine but none of the others, I think

certainly not the fucking new one they're making

the knowledge of how to create and use most modern technology will be there, it's just that people for the most part won't have access to it. I guess 18th century since that was before industralisation but I'm not really going to go for any sort of retro aesthetic.

I don't think anybody really thinks of him as a pedo anymore, that was really mostly a 00s meme

Also, read Ulysses after you get done with Odyssey.

soundcloud.com/imogenheap/thriller-live?in=imogenheap/sets/imogenheapdotcom

ds9 is good, they tried too hard to make sisko the anti-picard tho, all the characters on the station are top notch, the character development is the best of any star trek series and they bring worf back so that alone makes it worth it to watch

voyager has a lot of the dumb sprinkled throughout and the show is inconsistent as fuck, but then they bring in 7 of 9 and her catsuit and everything changes

enterprise is... ok. the writing is garbage but the acting is great and the character development is good, but they also have stupid sexy vulcan science officer t'pol

and then theres the original series which is just the fucking shit all around

>the knowledge of how to create and use most modern technology will be there, it's just that people for the most part won't have access to it.
Have you seen Japanese fiction called 'Trinity Blood'? Mb you can read that a bit to build your own universe.

thanks for the recommendation

the original series is definitely on my to-watch list since it's basically inexcusable to have not seen it as it is

>they bring worf back so that alone makes it worth it to watch
I thought O'Brien was the one they brought back for DS9

he's there from the beginning, with his asian bitch wife and their daughter

they bring worf in later on and throw one of the hottest women in the series at him

How is Sisko the anti-Picard? He seems really similar to me, the only difference is that he's much more settled which I guess makes sense considering that he's on a space station, but I've only made it to season 3 or 4 I think
also Garak is a 10/10 character

great post

the memes were true, the Witcher is a fucking good game

disappointed my toaster can't run the third one since apparently it's the best

so it's the Age of Strife from 40k but with 2 planets instead of 1 million

>they ll make nukes in fucking Siemens factories.
It's almost as tho you don't know what stuxnet is

I want to keep what's happening on earth a mystery and just focus on the one planet

maybe at the end the US will just show up with a space navy out of nowhere after regaining spaceflight and fuck everyone in the ass

or reveal that the rest of humanity had bounced back long ago and that this one particular planet was just especially backwards and full of retards or something

well it seems a bit like that canticle for Leibowitz book that Conway III posted a week or two ago

picard is 100% by the book, diplomatic, professional

sisko is prone to holding grudges, ignoring orders and the prime directive when convenient, often employs underhanded tactics to win

i like them both but from that first scene in the pilot when picard and sisko meet and sisko basically says "i hate u picard ur a bad man for the borgs actions at wolf 359" i knew it was all about setting him apart from the last captain

which is exactly what they did with picard in relations to kirk, making him solemn and withdrawn to counteract kirks over the topness

youtube.com/watch?v=CywJD13fujw

Fucking nerds

also reminds me of the premise to Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri a bit

I see where you're coming from, especially with the diplomatic approach thing. I just seem to remember Sisko also sort of making an effort to do things by the book and a good few times where Picard didn't. It's been a while since I watched either of them though, it took me like 3 years to get through TNG and I started DS9 at the start of last year.
Can't wait for the day when I finally get to TOS though

damn right
they expand on it in later seasons, but he's a dirty fighter, underhanded diplomat, and a man of all around flexible morals

even starfleet starts getting mad as fuck at him for the position he takes with the bajorans, but he has so much personal power and influence with the space jews/palestinians (bajorans are both at the same time) that they can't remove him or coerce him to do one thing or the other

hm, yeah I remember Star Fleet getting mad at him a lot, but they also did that to Picard a good bit too. Now that I think about it, though, I can totally see Sisko going full Maquis

Successful dixie eu4 when

>I can totally see Sisko going full Maquis

sisko fucking HATES maquis

the maquis are dumb as shit tho

let's try to do it tomorrow when turkbud is around so we have someone to catholicize the middle east

okay I really need to start watching it again because I clearly have no clue what's going on anymore
I do remember the Maquis being dumb as shit though, I get they wanna fuck up the Cardassians but it seems like they're willing to genocide the rest of the galaxy to do it

I can't do it this weekend

thats basically it
>we hate cardassians
>they are evil
>we will take use and means necessary to hurt cardassia
>because we are good
*proceeds to genocide cardassians with war crime tier weaponry*
>justice is served
*cardassians respond with an iron fist*
>WE ARE TRYING TO PROTECT OUR HOMES WHYYYYYYYY U DO DIS

>trashed

Having fun

dizzy but yes

Are you still drinking that pecan beer? Is it like a butter beer or is it just straight up pecan

its this

had the last one when i got off work

then whiskey, then i ran out, then more beer

>brewed in LOS
ehhhh...

west coast has more booze culture due to their degeneracy

an old uncle who's a lawyer of mine shut down all the ol tiger bars in arkansas

tiger bars were places that distilled their own moonshine sold it under the table

the cat left when i started singing

btfo

i think hes autistic, cant hold eye contact

staring at your cat is a sign of aggression

i need to assess dominance

>When the Governor orders mandatory evacuation
Looks like I'm going to North Carolina lads

have fun

I'm going to stay with some family in (quite) rural NC.
It won't be /fun/ but it is breddy comfy.

>burgers have to abandon their homes every few years

is your house likely to get fucked with floods?

We actually don't get hit very often where I live.
This hurricane is just the size of Ireland, so it's meming a lot more land than usual

>Finns have to abandon Karelia forever

DELETE HIS

coasties btfo

While Savannah is a coastal city, I am pretty well inland, the house is elevated above the street by probably over a foot, and there's a good few ditches and canals nearby. So, I'm not worried about my place, but the islands in town are liable to get some flooding. Hopefully not, for their sake.

Wew lad

нeт

so the owners of Equifax sell their stocks before reporting the data breach, haha how is this even legal

how would you even begin to legislate that

>you have to deliver all the news about your company ever before you can sell off your own stocks

in case of a data breach, the information must be made public within 24 hours of the incident

>learn about data breach
>sell off all stocks
>the report the data breach
this still isn't a solution to your complaint

what would be the reason for them to wait 2-3 months before reporting about it, i dont think they can sell the stocks so easily for good profits at such a small time

Woke up early today, feeling good

My dog wags his tail when I sing sometimes

pretty sure you can get prosecuted for insider trading if you do that

Man i forgot how nice it was to actually wake up in the morning rather than 3 in the afternoon

tfw my friend has a gf now and my other mate is busy with work, and one is in egypt

>friends

le autistic violin player who hates his countrymen face?

Im also an artist and a introvert

autsist and a beta??? you mean haha

>vacationing in Egypt while everybody else is too pussy to go
smart desu

I, too, am an introverted autist.
>I am also Greek

Fuggen autsits :-DDDDDDD

Turkiye

D-dixie

btw its türkiye
with a ü
or *