You have 10 years to name a single fanbase as tortured as the Cleveland Browns. In any professional sport. You won't

You have 10 years to name a single fanbase as tortured as the Cleveland Browns. In any professional sport. You won't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KLNkN6O4ifY
youtube.com/watch?v=bnJOPZPQ9j8
youtube.com/watch?v=EEnAvMnbDhg&t=15
youtube.com/watch?v=XKE2VSxdaHA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i dont get why niggas willingly torture themselves with this caca team.
hell theres nearby teams that can be cheered for if you live there or you can even watch another sport and stil support locally.
you can go for the bengals (lel),theyre a browns team or for the real cleveland team, the ravens.
i just dont get it, team has always been shit and they have extremely shit luck and no grampa, no one cares about otto graham and your meme titles.

I don't think anyone can without resorting to memes, else I'd have said our national team's fanbase. But at least they reached finals before losing them, the Browns can't even do that much.

Bengals are for southern Ohio. Browns are for northern. That's why I chose the Browns and now everyone knows I root for the Browns so it's impossible to jump ship without looking like a faggot.

Also rooting for the Ravens is like rooting for the guy that cucked you.

Is it really torture to deliver exactly what's expected year and year out?

At least Brown fans know exactly what to expect every year. The Vikings keep finding new ways to build up expectations and crush dreams in the worst possible way.

Do the Cleveland Browns have an official theme song about how shit they are though?

youtube.com/watch?v=KLNkN6O4ifY

>0

I don't like this argument. I don't even get watchable football. Ever. Being a Browns fan is like being chained to a radiator and being feed cockroaches for twenty years.

There is a novelty song. I'm not going to link it because it's as bad as the team.

Kek

easy, the buffalo bills. 4 straight superb owl appearances and lost all 4. no rings. play in the pats division. the longest running playoff drought(since 1999) in all of the professional american sports.

Try being shit and having to be rivals with the greatest team in history

The dolphins?

At least you have those quads

NY Giants? Arent they shit?

You wanna be a contender for 10+ years finding new and exciting ways to fuck it up in May? Do you want to be a win away from one of the greatest single seasons by a team in history? Well how about losing games 6 and 7 and having your city and fan base turned into a laughingstock cause some dudebros and Asians thought it would be dope to have a big ass riot, regardless of a win or loss. That's ok, you'll have the best record in the league again next year, only to lose to the only team to be an 8 seed and win the Stan Lee Cup. Then your team will implode, and turn into utter shit for a couple years. The future is bright now, but autists whose teams haven't won shit in 30 years or more who tanked their way into decent players will shit all over it anyway, despite said teams being absolute gongshows for over 10 years. Everyone used to be cool with you guys when you were plucky underdogs, but somehow your beloved Swedish twins turned the entire league against you by trying to be clean players against human trash. 94 was a crossbar away, 2011 I've blocked out of memory. You've accomplished more than any other Canadian franchise since 1993 but it doesn't matter. Lest you mention that fateful date [spoiler] 1967 [/spoiler]

Not tortured. To be tortured, you have to have the air of being good and failing, never living up to expectations.

The only expectation is for them to lose games. They do that.

Ergo, we aren't tortured.

---

Defensively they're amazing. If Josh Gordon were just allowed to play football, we'd be much better.

not even comparable to the browns. at least the cantpucks made it to the finals 3 times and have won a presidents trophy. they we're a dominant team for a time. the browns have had like 2 .500+ seasons in the past 20ish years

What about Ravens fans? Terrible team this year, missed the playoffs in three of the past four seasons. Only two 'Owls in the last 20 years when they easily could have won 4 or 5. It sucks, man.

Atletico Madrid
>constantly being shit through their history
>while your city rival wins absolutely everything
>said rival considers a team from other city their biggest rival, you're just sloppy seconds for them
>finally git gud
>real chances of winning the UCL
>guess who cucks you 4 years in a row
>while they proceed to win the damn thing in 3 out of 4 of those years
>your best team in history is overshadowed by TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
only the Bills come to mind in that kind of situation

Try being a Bay Area sports fan

Leafs/Capitals have it much worse

Portuguesa de Desportos
1860 Munich
Lens
Leeds United
Sporting Lisbon
AEK Athens

The New York Mets. Imagine what you're going through except the Patriots also play in Cleveland.

people listing teams that came close to winning championships/league titles are missing the point completely. the browns have a total of 4 games over the past 3.5 seasons and it seems pretty likely they won't win a game this season again. if there was pro/rel they would have been relegated multiple seasons in a row.

being close to winning and blowing it everytime sounds more painful than just plain losing, but that's just me

Buffalo Bills
>lose the Super Bowl 4 times in a row
>longest playout drought
>have the sabres as a fallback
>they're just as shitty as the Bills in recent years

that's called choking, not being unredeemable garbage.

t. DG

Mets since 1986
>0-2 in the World Series
>one was to your cross town rival
>one was by blowing 4 saves in one World Series
>see Yankees win 5 in that span
>division Braves have a ring
>division Marlins have 2 rings
>division Phillies have a ring
>2006 Beltran didn’t swing
>2007 the division collapse
>2008 the wildcard collapse
>Captain plays like 10 games a year
>Burned by contracts year after year
>Bobby fucking Bonilla
>exploding arms
>tfw no fat

Knicks are pretty bad desu

>Schalke

how come the only thing Brits are good at is capitalism and music and why are they so dull and shit at everything else?

The British at their own sport.

Sacramento Kings.

>one was by blowing 4 saves in one World Series

this is the worst one honestly, the mets literally had the royals beat and Familia just couldn't handle the pressure

Náutico
They lost a promotion game at home with 3 man up and a penalty in their favor (which they missed), among other things.

you probably wouldn't even be alive if it wasn't for a brit discovering antibiotics.

reminder that if Chad Pennington didn't tear his shoulder every other season he would have more rings than Brady

i will never forgive you people for not keeping that shit secret.
now we're drowning in people who should never have existed.
i get called all sorts of terrible things when i mention this in polite company but i see it as the absolute root cause of almost all problems.

San Diego padres

Leafs
>richest team
>13 years straight of sold out games
>havent won the cup in 50 years

My dad is a tortured browns fan he grew up with when they were goat

At least you guys drafted wentz when you had the chance rather than making some stupid trade. He looks to be the future of the league.

Vikings. The fact that they have tasted some success only to fail makes it worse. Only disappointment for Browns was back in 08 after going 10-6 the prior year (which they missed the playoffs).

>being shit and divisional rival is greatest team in history of football

Browns already have that.

cruz azul fans

Brits are shit at music too they had a few madrigals, then Elgar and that's basically it as far as good music

Coming close and blowing it is a shit argument for another team because that was the Browns before the move. Red right 88, the Drive, the fumble, etc.

The Mets?

>he bases his brand loyalty off geographic proximity rather than product quality
brainlet desu

Buffalo Bills lost 4 Super Bowls in a row. Never

Because we’ve come so close and our history is so golden we don’t want to lose it when it’s gone
Times we were so close but failed
Red right 88
The drive
The fumble
The collapse
We lost the team in 95 which in turn fired bill bellichick
It was more pain than we had ever experienced and it was only hurt more when the team came suceeded for a year and failed we were so close yet fell so far

Genesis
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Deep Purple
The Rolling Stones
The Beatles
Dire Straits
Cream

All legendary bands m9

The Browns are impossible to cheer for these days. I still follow their results but I can hardly bring myself to watch their games because of how depressing they are.

The team will never get better. I remember my Dad telling my that a few years ago and I thought, "How could you just give up on a team?" But then I realized he's right.

It's not so much about giving up on your city's team, it's about realizing that the ownership and management are fleecing the fans and realize what they can get away with when a city is so desperate for a team. Nothing will change any time soon, which is a shame because Cleveland deserves better. Some passionate people in Cleveland.

Most Browns fans are also Cavs fans so there are plenty.

No one cares about the cavs or Indians, we only kind of pay attention now because the Browns are bad

>rags

>In any professional sport
Well, that's easy.

>more tortured than Cleveland Browns
The browns are more tortured than the entire country of France

In terms of last 10 years I would say
>NFL
Buffalo
>MLB
San Diego and Seattle
>NHL
Toronto but they squeaked into the playoffs and look like they finally have their shit together
>NBA
Sacramento and Minnesota

Sacramento imo is the only franchise you could argue has it as bad as the Browns(haven't won shit in 10-15 years and appear like they're in no hurry to anytime soon)

No, man. Liverpool take it, easily. The man they consider their greatest player EVER has never won the Premier League and worse, he cost them that trophy after slipping despite saying 'this does not slip' when they were on the cusp of finally winning the league. OK? No one is more tortured than a Liverpool supporter.

This.

Everyone knows that you low IQ monkey. Liverpool is still perennially near the top of the table and a worldwide brand

The Vikings but on a different side of the spectrum. Lost 4 Owls, 1998, 2009, all those NFCC game loses, 19 division titles.

atletico madrid, best analogy is imagining youre about to fuck the girl of your dreams , you had to go through horrible shit to get her on ur bed but you cant get an erection no matter how many times u jerked off thinking of her. you missed your shot and now the girl is whith chad.

imagine that happening twice

>Cusp of winning the league
Kek Browns will never even make the playoffs

See
you retards

no one cares you hick, its coming close 4 times and losing all 4 is a worse feeling than coming close once and being shit for years

Like I said Vikings are on the other side of the spectrum successful for decades some of the greatest teams. Simply can not finish the job.

>coming close and blowing it is worse than always being bad
Fuck no. That's like running a race, being shot right near the end and finishing second, as opposed to being stabbed right at the beginning every time and slowly limping in last place. The former at least experiences long moments of hope and joy.

Browns have never been. Ask the Cardinals what losing your only shot feels like.

Absolute fucking nonsense. Losing in the final is the most hurtful thing in sports.

Your analogy fails miserably. All that joy you experienced up until that point is left hollow and almost meaningless because you saw the finish you almost touched it and it was snatched from right in front of you. If you get stabbed at the beginning then who cares if you lose.

The Browns were close multiple times before the move dumbass

But they never made it. Take the pain of losing the AFCC Game and times it by 10.

Your sevens just confirmed another Steelers owl asshole

Vikings or eagles? Because the Eagles will fuck it up somehow.

To be honest the Lions had many of the Browns symptoms from 2000-2010 Lions went through the exact same shit. The Clots were that team in the 80's-90's. Buccaneers were the 70's Steelers were the worst team for decades pre Superb Owl.

Why haven't NFL teams got fan channels yet? EDP is great but it would be great to explore more butthurt.

youtube.com/watch?v=bnJOPZPQ9j8

Sacramento Kings

I agree OP, you really can’t.

ridiculous. you are talking about a mere 19 years of bad playing. From 1946-64, the Browns were the greatest franchise around. from 1965-1996, they were up and down, in the playoffs or not.

There have been many franchises that never had any glory days and much longer dry spells than this.

just one example. from baseball is the Phillies.
From 1918 to 1948, the Phils had exactly ONE winning season. They lost the WS in 1950 and didn't make the postseason again for 25 years. That is 55 years with one postseason appearance, which is unparalleled.

The St Louis Browns went 42 years before making the postseason, losing the WS in 1944 then stinking again until they moved to Baltimore in '53.

Do I even have to bring up the Washington Senators?

The Browns are bad. They have been bad for 20 years. But they were great for their first 20. Many teams don't have that

They won a Champions League with Gerrard on the field.

Any Uruguayan club or their NT

They are full mode muh past, muh titles in the amateur era but they haven't won a major title in 30 years for clubs and almost 70 years for national team, the only rached 1 final in clubs and none in NT since that

I think SJS are worse off. They've been choking for as long as I've known they existed.

thats just because vikings fans are retarded.

everyone else knows you guys will suck all the time

>hockey

no

>forgetting 2011 Argentina Copa América

I said major titles, even Chile and Bolivia have Copa Americas

Are you sure you aren't talking about the Lions?

Indians have it worse imo, no championship in 80+ years except they've had so many chances in recent years and choked literally all of them away

And even Colo Colo has a Libertadores, I would say they're about the same level

Libertadores is the highest pro title a club from South America can win. Of course some meme team could have won it once because it's a yearly event

Some Romanian club won the Champions League once, it doesn't mean the competition is shit

and now they're too old

To be completely fair, the AFC during that era was more like a bunch of college teams going up against pros.

Unless your club has officially posted a video with a Linkin Park soundtrack, I would kindly advise you to fuck off. You can't even imagine the pain of supporting my club.

youtube.com/watch?v=EEnAvMnbDhg&t=15

Just embrace the black and gold.

Everyone else can fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=XKE2VSxdaHA

Thank you. And the chargers if that counts. San Diego is the most depressing for sports. We all act like Lakers fans.