Disney CEO Bob Iger: TLJ is "a great next chapter in the iconic Skywalker family saga."

>On an investors call today Disney CEO Bob Iger revealed that he has already seen an early cut of the film, calling it “a great next chapter in the iconic Skywalker family saga.” With an early cut already in order, it seems the film will be complete well before its Holiday 2017 release.

>Legendary composer John Williams began recording the score in December, with additional recording sessions scheduled on and off up until March or April.

>In a recent interview with Larry King, Adam Driver told fans they can look forward to seeing Kylo Ren’s humanity explored in The Last Jedi.

heroichollywood.com/disney-ceo-seen-last-jedi/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_gOn9MuFimo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Skywalker family saga

Are people STILL pretending Rey isn't a Skywalker?

>Kike praising nuStar Wars

it's going to be shit isn't it?

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Did you forget Luke and Kylo are in the movie?

whats worse harry potter, capeshit or star warzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Any capeshit that isn't Snyder, Daredevil, or JJ is worse than HP and SW

This movie will be S H I T

Why still force John Williams for the score?

He lost it long ago and doesn't even come close to his old form.

"Skywalker family". Don't they realise there's more to Star Wars than this and death stars?

This was one of the many reasons episode 7 failed. They haveven a huge galaxy to explore yet they rehash old stories.

>its a stealth reboot chapter

star wars universe is boring and uninteresting which is why they always go back to shit people care about

Harry Potter is done and dead and Star Wars hasn't been fully milked yet, so capeshit is by far worse than anything else at the moment.

>Adam Driver told fans they can look forward to seeing Kylo Ren’s humanity explored in The Last Jedi.

Will Kylo lose the mask?

After all, he got cut across his face which certainly wasn't an incidental choice.
So he might finally embrace the image of himself and feel no need for the edgy wannabe Vader mask anymore because his presence alone is enough fear/respect inducing to others.

Or am I implying too much character development at once?

She's a Solo.

No. It's a different movie from any of the other ones (but it takes a lot from the old EU and the Jaina/Jacen plotline)

>no mask
>gets painful cut on his face

NOOOOOLAN!!!

Nice b8 m8. You can set literally almost any possible story in SW universe

Ask George Lucas what is Star Wars about and you will get the same answer.

It's basically a space family drama franchise.

She a Kenobi, where do you think british accent came from?

From Luke. He Mind Forced it into her as part of her new identity.

She's Sheev's clone

She's not.

what about Ren he has the family blood already.

She's Padme Solo. That part of the script was leaked weeks ago.

How can anyone involved in nu Star Wars live with themselves? They are no better than bitch directors to remake old movies and make a quick buck for the studio. The only exception is that Shit Wars has been marketed to death. I don't respect any of those people as artists.

I wish mind wipe theory would happen, but disney is shit so it wont happen

Didn’t even think about that, I guess they can't just slap the mask back on him again and have a yet another "face reveal" in the middle of the movie

Ew, dropped. Seeing her master the Sheev Spin to defeat Snoke was all I had to look forward to.

Was the force tree shit confirmed?

>Ben Solo is Kylo Ren
>Rey is actually a Kenobi-Skywalker
>Luke banged Kenobi's daughter on Tattooine post RotJ
>Kenobi banged some moisture farmer's daughter on Tattooine after saving them from sand people or something

Disney suits thought tfa was good, that means nothing.

checked.

George Lucas thinks SW is about the Skywalkers, laserswords, death stars and most importantly pottery. Everything else is just filler and trim

Where did Anakins English accent come from when Luke took off his mask?

At least he finished the story.

>Kenobi banged some moisture farmer's daughter on Tattooine

The Jedi code forbids love but it doesn't forbid loveless sex

That and by that time Kenobi would have thrown away the Jedi code as derelict and useless as it failed him, Anakin, Yoda and every other Jedi in the galaxy. a Jedi's existential crisis

The better question is how can JJ live with himself and how does everyone thank him for raping Star Wars by shitting on it while also making it a bland remake.

That jedi code didn't exist in the OT so it's pretty irrelevant

I unironnicaly wish she's sheev's daughter and turn to the dark side while Kylo redeems himself

It is actually Finn who is a Skywalker. He's Luke's wife's son.

Anything's better than one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Barring the Sheev's daughter part, yes. Their rematch in Episode 8 leaves both of them pretty fucked up and has both of them seeing things differently. Rey falls to the darkness while Kylo/Ben returns to the light/finds a perfect balance. The 3rd round in Episode 9 sees them fucking each other up hardcore, but Ben manages to get through to Rey as she is killing him and breaks the hold Snoke has on her then she turns on Snoke and kills it.

Last scene is Rey seeing the force ghosts of Luke, Han, Ben and Anakin

Rey's theme was great. and honestly, i completely enjoyed the Lincoln and War Horse scores. he's slowed down, but every project he does is still better than most hollywood composers.

Whether she goes dark or stays light I just hope she gets a double-bladed lightsaber

>Last scene is Rey seeing the force ghosts of Luke, Han, Ben and Anakin
Get Qui Gon in there while you're at it

I'm just going with the flow of the pottery is all

Well he did canonically get laid at least once

Rey isn't related to anyone you fucking mongoloids, she has no connection to anyone and no stake in the established universe because the Force isn't about bloodlines and midichlorians. She's a foil to Kylo Ren thinking he's hot shit because he's Vader's grandson (but he doesn't actually understand the Force) and a huge part of her arc in TFA is realizing that her past doesn't matter, it's about moving towards the future and her true destiny as a Jedi.

It's amazing how a fucking children's space movie is too complicated for most of the """"fans""""

>It's amazing how a fucking children's space movie is too complicated for most of the """"fans""""
Are you the same guy, or are you just imitating him?

As of now, she's not related to anyone. It's painfully obvious that they'll make her related to a character we've already seen in the series.

the Jedi code was retarded anyway, the whole point of the PT was that they realized it was failing and not only did it fail them but it failed Anacuck, who became the dark lord. So.... I would be getting busy making future Jedi if i was kenobi

She looks so nice in this scene. Couldn't care for her any other time.

In the past couple months has anyone noticed an insane slowdown in image and webm loading across all of Sup Forums?

The only way you can think this is if you think Disney realised they went OTT with Rey's bullshit in TFA.
I personally think it would be a great red herring if Rey turned out to be an absolute nobody in terms of family, but I really can't see it happening.

He'll get a half mask, because the eyes can show a lot of emotion while retaining a lot of "evil" in his appearance.

That and giving him a mask if he loses it after 1 movie is dumb as fuck.

accents aren't genetic you moron.

Spotted the aspiring hollywood music composer.

Reys character will be shit if she doesn't become a sith.

It's the only way for her character to be saved in my opinion.

I'd say that it would be too predictable, but that clearly didn't stop them before.
Besides, they did clearly foreshadow at least a struggle with it in TFA.

rey's theme kek

Where? All I saw was simplistic contrasting between her and Kylo.

The bit after she knocked him down showed that she was clearly pissed off, not just adrenaline fueled.
It might have been me trying to project meaning into it, but it brought to mind Darth Vader's telling Luke to release his anger. It would be poetic if she heeded Maz's words but let in the dark side instead.

It's also possible that i'm reading far too much into it.

Oh I guess so. I do agree that it would be the right fit for the franchise's requirement for cyclical storytelling, since Rey has much the same Skywalker-type origin. But on the other hand, they may be interested in copying the Jaina/Jacen duality from Legends.

Oh, the CEO at Disney says it's good? Weird. I thought he would say it was complete shit.

Why is this news?
>owner of company talks up company's products
Totally meaningless garbage.

Harry potter is kinography. Rewatch them.

>not covering up the giant scar you got from fighting a n00b girl

>its Holiday 2017 release.
I thought it was pushed back to march/april 2018?

>Legendary composer John Williams began recording the score in December, with additional recording sessions scheduled on and off up until March or April.
John Williams hasn't composed anything worthwhile in over 40 years.

>You can set literally almost any possible story in SW universe
And no one will care unless you shoehorn in familiar faces and characters.

>Legendary composer John Williams began recording the score in December
His score was shit and forgetful for Force Awakens though. Sad to see him lose his touch unless he does something amazing in this movie

He lost the mask on Starkiller base

I really doubt he'll get the same exact one.
>Was the force tree shit confirmed?
fucking hope not that shit is straight retarded. why does the force need an explanation? They ruined the avatar by explaining the origins in Korra and they're doing the same shit.

>The Jedi code forbids love but it doesn't forbid loveless sex
lol

>At least he finished the story.
But he wasn't finished. He was fully prepared with plot ideas for his own version of Force Awakens. Most likely it would have had a different title. But you can bet your ass he had no intention of ending the story after the prequels. Disney just brushed him off.

The real question is, will E8 soft reboot E7?

George Lucas's Episode 7 would've been better than TFA if he did the story and someone else directed, and he had less creative control.

Not even one of those memers who think prequels are better than TFA, I just think Lucas makes excellent stories if he doesnt have too much control. I mean the man made the OT itself

John Williams is a god among men

>George Lucas thinks SW is about the Skywalkers, laserswords, death stars and most importantly pottery. Everything else is just filler and trim
Eh. Lucas changes what Star Wars is supposed to be "about" all the time, depending on what point he's trying to make. When people were complained about Jar Jar Binks, he insisted the series was always supposed to be goofy childrens films. When people complained about all the politics in the prequels, he said the series was supposed to be series and contain political allegory. When TFA was being made, he said it was all about Skywalkers and family drama. He just doesn't like criticism and is willing to say whatever it takes to shut people up.

>the man made the OT itself
Barely. He wrote Star Wars, but was constantly working with input from his wife and film school friends along the way. Even his final draft was rewritten extensively by friends to make the shooting script. What the final movie ended up becoming is the mostly the result of editing, which he let other people do after his cut ended up terrible. He handed off writing and directing to other people for the other two movies, and constantly disagreed with Kasdan and Kirshner about how ESB would turn out; he even made his own cut of it to be faster and action-oriented that everyone hated.

He was good at coming up with basic ideas, but that was about it. Despite what he likes to claim now (partially because he's still bitter about his divorce and Marcia Lucas is responsible or a lot of it), the OT turned out the way it did mostly because of other people.

>Kylo Ren’s humanity explored in The Last Jedi.
>Ben turns back to the light side

fucking called it

sauce on that?

>fucking called it
So did literally everyone who saw TFA

This. The prequels were God-Tier but 5 minutes after I saw TFA I literally could not remember a theme to save my life. I honestly wish they would get Kevin Kiner, who did the soundtrack for The Clone Wars, for IX if Williams doesn't seriously step up his game.

Between the prequel hate and, more importantly, his own laziness, I don't think George would have actually made a 7-9. He would have had something started by the time he sold to Disney.

he'd just been shit on by Redditors so much for years that he had no will to continue working on the franchise, that's why he sold it to Disney in the first place.

Sure, but if Kylo's not the big bad, who the fuck is? Snoke? That would only possibly work if he was Plagueis and we know he's not.

Really? It wasn't the chance to become a billionare? The only thing he ever seemed passionate about was buying bigger computers.

if he just concerned with money he would have just remade Episode IV like Disney did. Instead he did something new, and bringing back old characters for no reason for nostalgiabucks was limited to Chewbacca, Boba Fett, and R2-D2/C3PO

>Instead he did something new,
Not really. The Phantom Menace is basically just a rewrite of his first draft for Star Wars. The only reason it feels different is that it included some of the ideas from The Hidden Fortress he cut out of Star Wars. The other two prequels have more original ideas, but they're also mostly based on rejected ideas from the OT.

It would be extremely painful.

>youtube.com/watch?v=_gOn9MuFimo

A stated purpose for doing the PT was to be able to bring ideas he couldn't do with 80s tech to life, I wouldn't really hold that against them.

Why does this webm piss me off so much?

Why not? Reading about the production of the prequels is really frustrating, because it's really apparent that Lucas was being incredibly lazy the entire time. He procrastinated with writing and didn't put much work into developing plot, so he ended up reusing previously rejected ideas to make up for his lack of creativity.

Lucas seemed to care a lot about being able to develop CGI and do new things with special effects, but he was lazy as fuck about everything else.

Normies and sandniggers having more fun than you ever will.

It's okay, you're not alone.

Man, the prequels might have looked pretty amazing with Blade Runner-era tech. If Lucas had just let it keep developing naturally.

Or maybe we'd just have three more Howard The Ducks, actually, with George's goofy ideas.

Because your looking at the future.

Planet of the Apes style.

That nigger was fucking humping her with a rape face

Jesus christ man

George has hated Star Wars for the longest time, he blames it for getting him cucked by the window glazer

he only held onto it because he enjoyed the money it gave him and his autistic need to control things

so was yoda banging some QT lizards on dagoba

>episode 7 failed

please explain this to me

No way. Someone that works for the company making the movie says it's going to be good?

Not in terms of profit but in every other aspect.