Did half the population of your country get hacked?

Did half the population of your country get hacked?

USA
yes.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Act
twitter.com/AnonBabble

good

>having a credit card ever

Wasn't even the changs this time

Just standard american fucktation.

>"As part of its investigation of this application vulnerability, Equifax also identified unauthorized access to limited personal information for certain UK and Canadian residents. Equifax will work with UK and Canadian regulators to determine appropriate next steps."

Fuck you America

t.underage with no credit score

This is all Snowdens fault. He gave Russia so much intel theyve been able to hack our elections and now this

Hmm I don't recall giving them my SSN, why do they have it again?

Im 38.
Credit cards are a fuckin scam, never had one never will.

*sharts*

Equifax, Experian and the other one have records of all your financial dealings, you dont get a choice.

>"may impact"
>falling for sensationalist news

Social Security numbers of Koreans are public goods

Can i blackmail Ameriqts into having sex with me with this information?

You know you can build credit score by paying bills right? It's literally just a record to tell potential investors if you're responsible.

Not entirely true. You're also rated by having diverse kinds of accounts and by paying off balances quickly. Accruing several small balances on a credit card and paying them off quickly will raise your score faster than simply getting a car note or mortgage and making regular payments on it.

This: , also loans that have fixed terms can boost your scores in the short term (as long as you don't pay them late, ever) but once they're paid off, they don't provide nearly the same positive effect on scores. Having credit cards (ideally 2) and using them responsibly will have better effects on scores in the long run.

t. knower

I disagree, user. I think this new Pennywise has to be the scariest movie monster we've seen in years. Literally years. There's two scenes in this movie that absolutely sent shivers down my spine. First when Pennywise possesses the slideshow and we finally get to see his very creepy and mental face in the final scene. What a build-up! I nearly pissed myself.

The other one is in the basement, first we see the excellent performance by Georgie's actor. You'll float too never has sounded more epically scary. And then Pennywise rises from the waters. I jumped in my chair and still do when watching this. I can tell I will be on the edge of my seat in theatres this september.

The movie itself seems to capture that 80s feeling we've seen in Stranger Things and other important work. Do your part and see it in theaters. Be a part of history.

Oh, and he also forgot that not every bill you pay is going to report to the credit bureaus. Usually they only report to the bureaus if you have a delinquent account, so they only hurt your credit score.

everyone has a credit score

wrong

everyone has a credit score

incorrect

Imagine having this little self control

To be fair, never getting a credit card takes more self-control than the people who open 9846535 cards in a year, mostly because they're too retarded to realize that store cards are the exact same as credit cards.

Lol

It has been confirmed.

"May impact" means the hackers may not fuck your ass, but they'll still have your info.

How is that even legal? What about the right to privacy and stuff?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Act

People with no reports on record with credit bureaus have a sort of default score based on their age, demographic, location, and income. Usually it's pretty low since having no credit is often worse than having a history of bad credit.

>t. E.F Hutton

Very dystopian

>based on their age, demographic, location, and income.
And how are they getting that info?
>having no credit is often worse than having a history of bad credit.
Why?

I never got a credit card because I didn't want one until I had a stable fulltime job.
Well, I'm about to start that stable fulltime job.
This could go either way. How do you fags pick cards?

Dumb people disproportionately outnumber smart people. If the default is the mean of the population, you can see how it can necessarily be bad for some people.

Well, they only get that information when you apply for credit. If you don't ever use credit in your life, then they won't know about you specifically. Still, they have credit profiles already premade for people who enter their systems.

As for why having a history of bad credit is better than having no credit, it's because new borrowers tend to engage in more risk than seasoned borrowers, even if those borrowers have a bad credit history. There's a term for this in credit ratings, it's called your 'credit age', or the amount of time you've maintained lines of credit.

Bad credit marks age off your account in about seven years too, so it makes sense to acquire credit as soon as possible, even if you might run into trouble, just to maximize your credit age when you actually start having a good income in your late 30s and 40s.

If you have no data with the bureaus, your score starting out is going to be low, so your choices might be limited. There's a class of cards where you can put down a $200 deposit up front for a $1000 line of credit, and after I think two years of good credit behavior, you get that money back. This is a good way to start building your credit.

As for rates, 20% APR is the 'normal' rate for cards. If you have a particularly strong credit history for your age and income level, you may be offered cards with as low as 15% APR and some people (particularly older people in their 50s and military members) may have access to credit at 10% APR. Starting out, shoot for 20% though.

Now where to get cards: Capital One is typically a fairly reliable source for new cardholders, but they have pretty low lines of credit. If your bank or credit union has their own credit card, then you should probably go with them.

Store cards (Apple, Amazon, Walmart, Lowes etc) often have high APRs but make up for it by offering rewards. Use them sparingly but intelligently and you can actually come out ahead.

For credit companies themselves, Visa and Mastercard are standard and accepted pretty much everywhere. Can't go wrong, but the service isn't outstanding. Discover is less widely-accepted, but their credit lines, rates, and service are far superior. Stay away from American Express unless you're hella rich - you'll pay at least $1000/year premium to maintain one of these, so only buy-in if the associated perks (dining, air fare, hotel expenses etc) are worthwhile.

Very useful info user

thanks!

>20% APR is the 'normal' rate for cards
>tfw had a secured card for a year (always paid the bill in full on time) and just got approved for a citi double cash back credit card with $5800 limit and 22.49% APR and an amazon prime rewards visa card with $5000 limit and 20.24% APR

If my credit history gets strong while I use them will the APR decrease automatically ? Or do I have to get a new card for it to take effect or something?

Russia
No we hack

If it's a variable rate card, it can change slightly, but in general, you're issued a card into a certain 'band' of rates, and if you want something else, you'll have to apply for a new card when you meet the requirements.

In general, you should close out cards every few years.

If I want the same card but at a different rate and it's not variable or whatever can I just apply for it again after closing it out?

give me three ? marks apu

You'll have to see what's being offered. There's also strict limits on how many people can be in certain credit bands at a time. Right now, boomers hold most of the excellent low APR spots, so yeah, good luck getting anything decent until they're all dead.

>Right now, boomers hold most of the excellent low APR spots, so yeah, good luck getting anything decent until they're all dead.

They had fantastic savings account and cd interest rates and now they have great APR on their credit cards, why do they get so many nice things

bump for interesting thread

Is this credit score an American thing?

>need to buy shit with credit or you wont get anywhere
Jews got you goyim good.

You don't have to buy shit with credit, but having a good score certainly helps with things like mortgages.

Yes

Swedish DMV outsourced their databases to Serbia

Had everything from data about infrastructue and millitary vehicles to every single driver's data, even witness protected ones

This is how inept Swedish politicians are

>mortgages

now you're just tugging our dicks

Can Swedes not buy houses?

No, I don't have a credit card or borrow money for anything. I pay cash for everything or I don't buy it.

Finally someone older than me. I turn 37 in a week.

I had credit cards and bought the build your credit score nonsense until about 3 years ago when i heard Dave Ramsey on the radio.

Now I have 0 debt, budget everything and and have my 401k all set up for retirement and am putting 400$-$500 a month in my savings account to save up for a house. All this on less than $35k a year.

No, we are the ones who hack

Boomers are behind all the ill in the world, Jews are just a scapegoat. Take that red pill, son.

>Swedish DMV outsourced their databases to Serbia

WHAT THE FUCK

This

Right on man.
Here's to us old guys