How come americans succeed at the olympics so much?

How come americans succeed at the olympics so much?

I srsly think it's secretly doping us athletes

what does sp/ think?

They stadpad in non-events like swimming and women's "sports".

ncaa gives them competition in every sport

every athlete at the Olympics is doping

They just have a shit ton of participants. They aren't even in top20 gold medals per capita.

Naturally more athletic as a people due to our well rounded sporting culture (we play more than one sport growing up).

The Olympics was THE first international sporting competition and we sailed over to Greece with only 14 competitors (Greece had 169) and won the most gold medals.

The world then retreated into soccer, where small and frail bodies can best compete.

They concentrate most of their effort on events with lots of medals that can be won in a single day and in multiple disciplines especially swimming. The UK has started doing it too with events like cycling and rowing.

ive driven by the training facility

its WAY up in the mountains of colorado

so... altitude chambers are illegal... but training at altitude is now ;)

If you introduced a running on one leg (one even for left, one for right) and running backwards then Jamica would dominate just as much

I know foreigners love the Ameriswin meme to make themselves feel better, but we're number 1 all time in:

Athletics, boxing, tennis, rowing, diving, shooting, and 2nd all time in gymnastics and wrestling.

they should add

- 50m dash
- 150m dash
- 300m dash
- 100m dash in the curve
- 200m dash with start in the straight line and end in the curve
- hurdles versions for each
- standing start version for each
- running start version for each
- relays for each
- mixed relays for each

It's their blacks and way overblated ameriswim programs.

You don't have a big advantage in other sports like tennis, boxing, rowing, diving.

Whereas you have 246 gold medals in Swimming, which is basically a quarter of all your gold medals.

American sports culture is huge, just look at how they worship their college and university athletes

>USA have won 44% of all swimming golds awarded

We're more dominant in athletics, which has always been the "core" Olympic discipline.

Those swimming medals are there for the taking for every country.

why do all the island asians suck at swimming so bad?

Last olympics UK males won more golds than USA males

their big black strong woymn carry them every olympics, nobody cares about female sports except them

swimming 2bh

jungle nigresses are easily able to beat 12 year old chinks and qt russians in gymnastics

Swimming favors long torsos, legs, and bodies. Soccer favors the stubby Manlet build, so through generations of only playing soccer, foreigners have become genetically predisposed to that build. Notice how non soccer countries are good at swimming like australia.

I'm not saying the US isn't the most dominant nation in the Olympics I'm just saying if they reduced the amount of medals available for swimming and then made like 25 gold medals available in ping pong the US would start pumping out autistic ping pong champions and throw swimming under the bus.

>Last olympics UK males won more golds than USA males

No.

GB: 18, US: 19

And crushed GB males in overall medal tally.

Well of course, my friend. You go after the disciplines where there's a bigger medal haul. I'm just saying there's nothing preventing any other country from cleaning up on swimming medals.

Other way around. 19 GB golds, 18 US golds (+1 mixed)

>Horse dancing medal

The horse is the athlete and thus is the medal winner.

In mixed doubles, men still compete against other men and win a medal.

>The horse is the athlete and thus is the medal winner.
And the horse is male, therefore counts

>secretly doping us athletes
Literally everyone dopes at the Olympics. The records that were set when doping was openly done by the US and Soviet Union have been utterly demolished - which is literally impossible if the athletes are clean.

We have a sporting culture, our universities breed superior athletes. There's a reason all your best players come here at everything other than soccer. We'd also be the best at soccer but we don't give a shit, it's a girl's sport here. Oh, and our women's team is the reigning world champion; Lol.

Touche, but is the horse from GB?

Looks like he's from Holland :^)

This

Because of college football.

College football makes so much money that it actually pays for the entirety of collegiate sports. Which includes most if not all olympic events.

Holland isn't a country dumbfuck.

mixed relays are actually coming

we have swimming culture here though, I swam in meets starting when I was like 6 years old and high school swimming is absolutely intense with practice starting every morning at 4:30 AM. there is no culture here for ping pong except asians.